IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

On 6/24/2020 at 11:17 AM, petrushka said:

definitely got fundie princess vibes from Allison and expected she would end up with someone from a VF type family.

Let's not forget that VF Royalty Princess Kelly Brown married VF Seal of Approval Fundie Superstar Bradrick!   We all know how that turned out.

Maybe Mr FundieAverage is a better choice after all.

• Upvote 4

I finally went through all the pics of the Bowers clan's latest blog post, http://bowersbus.blogspot.com/, summarizing their recent travels. Its as if they live in a pandemic-free parallel universe. Zero masks. Zero social distancing. Giant indoor events and eating inside restaurants. I live in Maryland, and this all feels inconceivable to me.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

18 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I finally went through all the pics of the Bowers clan's latest blog post, http://bowersbus.blogspot.com/, summarizing their recent travels. Its as if they live in a pandemic-free parallel universe. Zero masks. Zero social distancing. Giant indoor events and eating inside restaurants. I live in Maryland, and this all feels inconceivable to me.

Curtis Bowers is a big conspiracy theorist so I imagine he thinks corona is overblown by the media and it’s no big deal.

• Upvote 6

Curtis Bowers also has (had?) serious enough respiratory problems that made them move away from Iowa to a more favorable climate. His condition, if anything, should make them extremely careful with everything covid related. But at least to me, the Bowerses seem to be one of the most self righteous fundies there are. They just seem more smug and holier than most others.

Yeah, I can't stand them...

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

21 hours ago, HereticHick said:

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Curtis Bowers is a big conspiracy theorist so I imagine he thinks corona is overblown by the media and it’s no big deal.

Curtis Bowers has definitely gone complete covid/BLM/climate denier/global government conspiracy crazy on his podcast since April. (Disclaimer: I don't have the patience to listen, but the titles/summaries speak volumes)

However, many of these photos aren't recent at all; they're from events that took place during summer/fall 2019. I live in NJ and commuted into NYC before the pandemic, and they also felt very jarring to me, even after I realized when they were taken. But we've seen Curtis Bowers completely uproot his family whenever and wherever to accommodate his health issues, in line with the Bontrager-Bowers worship of the patriarchy/headship. I wouldn't be surprised if privately they're taking precautions about the pandemic while he publicly stirs up resentment/outrage with conspiracy talk. Using COVID-19 to promote an agenda, if you will. ?

Edited by Aithuia
clarity
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

4 hours ago, Aithuia said:

However, many of these photos aren't recent at all; they're from events that took place during summer/fall 2019. I live in NJ and commuted into NYC before the pandemic, and they also felt very jarring to me, even after I realized when they were taken. But we've seen Curtis Bowers completely uproot his family whenever and wherever to accommodate his health issues, in line with the Bontrager-Bowers worship of the patriarchy/headship. I wouldn't be surprised if privately they're taking precautions about the pandemic while he publicly stirs up resentment/outrage with conspiracy talk. Using COVID-19 to promote an agenda, if you will. ?

Thanks much for the timeline clarification; when they talked about "opportunities this year"  I assumed that they meant in 2020, but I guess they mean in the last 12 months, since they so rarely post now that they married off their girls.  So they manage to pretend on their blog that THEY are living a blissful pandemic free normal life because of Guns N Jesus.

• Upvote 3

The Bowers have not mentioned their new grandbaby Winston, or Linas pregnancy, seriously odd.

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I will buy a beverage of choice for anyone who can spot a facemask in ANY of the photos of the Bontrager's June Tour and family reunion: http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2020/07/summer-tour-part-1.html

I can't spot any.

I’m worried about Grandma Stoltzfus coming in contact with all those people. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 10

Touring through several states without wearing face masks and most likely not social distancing, and then going to a family reunion with 60 people in attendance seems like a great way to spread the virus around. Hopefully no one gets it, but they are really playing with fire. They must really not care or not think it is really an issue any more to think they should have a family reunion in the middle of a pandemic. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Allison and Jeremiah leaving room for Jesus in her latest ig pic ? it looks so awkward. Also, one month from today is the wedding. Holy crap it has gone by fast. 

84DD654F-6691-4814-BBB9-3DF9E2A3BBE6.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Who thinks she will get married barefoot like Chelsy? 

:5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

Barefoot, yet classy and feminine!!!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Barefoot, yet classy and feminine!!!

Barefoot in a classy, feminine and GOD honoring way. Lol. 

• Upvote 16

The Bontragers are performing at Gil Bates’s church tonight. If the Bates family gets the Rona, I bet it’s from the Bontragers. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I used to think Nathan and Allison would be an interest match. If she weren’t engaged right now I’d be speculating about this trip.

I’m also kind of annoyed that Allison is marrying someone so random. We have less material to snark on, unlike Chelsy marrying into the Maxwells. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Dear Rufus: please bless your humble daughter with a livestream of this wedding. I promise to pray at the holy salt lick and wear only summer dresses that cover my knees. Your humble servant, Plentimorejesusfish. Amen.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 6

21 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I used to think Nathan and Allison would be an interest match. If she weren’t engaged right now I’d be speculating about this trip.

I’m also kind of annoyed that Allison is marrying someone so random. We have less material to snark on, unlike Chelsy marrying into the Maxwells. 

They could have “gotten to know each other” and broke it off without any of us ever knowing it. The Bontragers never announce relationships until an official engagement. And Nathan is the quietest adult Bates child when it comes to social media. 

• Upvote 4

55 minutes ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

Dear Rufus: please bless your humble daughter with a livestream of this wedding. I promise to pray at the holy salt lick and wear only summer dresses that cover my knees. Your humble servant, Plentimorejesusfish. Amen.

An IG commenter asked about this and Allison said.....*drum roll*

YES!!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!!!!

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 5
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, usmcmom said:

An IG commenter asked about this and Allison said.....*drum roll*

YES!!!!!!ELEVENTY!!!!!!!

Prediction:

outdoor August wedding on the Bon farm.

there will be lots of men talking out of their asses during the wedding. 

Allison won’t be wearing shoes but she will wear a flower crown On her head.

There will be no talk of vasectomy reversals, praise be.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

There will be no talk of vasectomy reversals, praise be.

Are you quite sure? How familiar are you with Mr. Helferich? :)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

I'm really looking forward to seeing her dress. I think Allison is quite beautiful- I just hope that they don't ruin a great dress by modestly modifying it. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic