IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

Allison is still single and pretending to be okay with it. Mama Bont turns to Debi Pearl for advice on her brain. Papa Bowers believes some crazy stuff. Not all the married Bowers/Bontrager kids are pregnant right now. But most of them are ?

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

6 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Allison is still single and pretending to be okay with it. Mama Bont turns to Debi Pearl for advice on her brain. Papa Bowers believes some crazy stuff. Not all the married Bowers/Bontrager kids are pregnant right now. But most of them are ?

And Allison is singing at Sarah Mally’s Wedding today. Maybe it makes her feel better about being single at her age since Sarah is 41.

• Upvote 4

18 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

Wait...someone is still having a wedding today?

Sarah Mally. It was live streamed. No audience and no reception. Go look at the thread where we talked about it on QoS.

• Upvote 6

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sarah Mally. It was live streamed. No audience and no reception. Go look at the thread where we talked about it on QoS.

I can't believe people married the Mallys.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I can't believe people married the Mallys.

I can believe that.  Just.  Having now watched the documented evidence of Sarah's wedding I can believe that Andrew didn't balk at the water jump and run off the field at the last minute.  It is a miracle.

What I can't believe is that Grace Mally's husband has apparently managed to get her to stop preachifying long enough to impregnate her.  

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

I can believe that.  Just.  Having now watched the documented evidence of Sarah's wedding I can believe that Andrew didn't balk at the water jump and run off the field at the last minute.  It is a miracle.

What I can't believe is that Grace Mally's husband has apparently managed to get her to stop preachifying long enough to impregnate her.  

She cannot procreate.

Allison wrote a blog post about how women should dress. It’s similar to the dozens of other female Christian bloggers. I don’t understand why all these fundies say the same things over and over again and not realize how boring it is. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

She starts with talking about what is attractive to guys. Because of course, everything a woman does, including her clothing choices, are all about how to get a man! Or, anyone else for that matter, since she waxes poetic about what "others" think of you (us? girls? women?) based on what they wear. Gotta' be classy & tasteful (by whose standards, though? What I find class & tasteful is not at all what a fundie would find classy & tasteful).

I do agree that how we dress affects how we feel, but I disagree that it only affects how we feel when being dressed in an Allison approved manner. Personally, when I am in leggings & a hoodie, I am comfortable and ready to take on anything. Put me in a dress and I am so uncomfortable I can do little more than sit & look pretty. Oh, wait....

And are back at what men appreciate which is not drab, tasteless outfits (again, by whose standards?) outfits with oh, a new one...greasy top knots!

Why don't fundies ever go on and on and on about what women like in men? What makes men feel good about themselves and women feel good about them? 

And, I think they beat the subject to death because it's their life. Their worlds are so small, they read and hear constantly about how they should do this or that, never mind that it's been said a billion times and will be said a billion more. Fundies don't sincerely grasp the concept that there are ten billion OTHER things to talk about, discuss & explore and that they are the only ones who go in circles about what they are supposed to wear, do for a living, how to live, how many babies to have, how many brothers to date & worship, and how many times one can read the bible. 

• Upvote 21
  • Love 1

What I wear doesn’t particularly affect how I feel that much, maybe I’m just weird that way. I definitely feel different in a “smart/fancy” dress as opposed to a more casual one, meaning a dress for a fancy occasion. I don’t have much of a style. There are some items I wouldn’t wear, eg leggings as trousers (ie with no skirt/whatever over the top) as leggings are like tights to me, I need something over the top. But I don’t go around dictating what other people should wear, particularly not when it comes to guys. A truly decent partner will fancy you regardless of what you’re wearing. 

• Upvote 9

I’ll say it. Allison’s style bores me to death. I have no idea why anyone would want to copy it. The only atyle I could see someone copying is one of her braids. But her clothing is as dull as can be. 

• Upvote 4

"Clothing can be a peak into what is inside of us...This study from Phsycology Today is fascinating" says Allison.

"The ability to use Spellcheck can be a peek inside Little Miss Allison's Brain" says HereticHick.

• Upvote 17
  • Haha 18

Man oh man. If you want to see a whole gallery of photos of the Bontragers distain of social distancing PLUS spreading chicken pox germs across the US AND Mexico, check out their latest blog. Oh, and of course there is a sister/brother date to boot.

post: http://bontragersingers.blogspot.com/2020/05/spring-at-farm.html

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Maybe this is just me, but I wouldn't want a bunch of photos of me with the chicken pox posted on a public blog! Not only is it unflattering- I remember feeling like absolute crap when I had chicken pox (I got very, very sick) and certainly wasn't smiling for any cameras....

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

This sentence just makes me furious: 

And as this somewhat new hype called corona virus was becoming a global scare

I just can't wrap my mind around their ignorance.

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, therulesofjinx said:

Maybe this is just me, but I wouldn't want a bunch of photos of me with the chicken pox posted on a public blog! Not only is it unflattering- I remember feeling like absolute crap when I had chicken pox (I got very, very sick) and certainly wasn't smiling for any cameras....

God, me either. Isn't being a teenager awkward enough? And I remember being slathered with that pale pink Calamine lotion.

• Upvote 8

Whoever wrote that blog post should also use spell check, @HereticHick! Passing out tracks? Butchuring?

I was miserably sick with chicken pox too, and felt horrible. I got them on my 11th birthday and had to cancel my party. My really good friend (who I just reconnected with after about 30 years!) got them too so at least I could hang out with her. I had a really bad habit of popping all my pox though and I still have some scars. But it was worth it because I couldn't stand not scratching and popping them! Sorry, that's gross, but that's OCD for you.

Anyway, I am new to reading about this family and am looking forward to going down the rabbit hole until JRod does something ridiculous again (which she will).

• Upvote 10

6 minutes ago, PumaLover said:

I was miserably sick with chicken pox too, and felt horrible. I got them on my 11th birthday and had to cancel my party

Oh, man, that's a bummer of a birthday :( I also had them when I was 11! And I also still have scars- one is  centered perfectly between my eyes.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, therulesofjinx said:

They are trained to say "yes sir" and let their parents take the picture, no matter how miserable the kids are feeling. Privacy and shyness are sins and equal to rudeness at Bontrager's house. 

• Upvote 8

I’m so damn sick of fundies traveling around spreading vaccine preventable diseases. They are all a bunch of entitled assholes.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 15
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, therulesofjinx said:

And I also still have scars- one is  centered perfectly between my eyes.

My friend still has 3 scars from the chicken pox on her farhead. 

• Upvote 6

On 5/6/2020 at 4:11 PM, HereticHick said:

"Clothing can be a peak into what is inside of us...This study from Phsycology Today is fascinating" says Allison.

"The ability to use Spellcheck can be a peek inside Little Miss Allison's Brain" says HereticHick.

Spell check won't help her, because peak and peek are both words. You have to know which one to use all on your own.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

I can’t imagine trying to expose my children to chicken pox on purpose. They admitted to it in the post! Pox parties are the dumbest thing next to coronavirus parties. Why would you want your child to have chicken pox instead of the vaccine? It’s just so stupid it hurts.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

17 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t imagine trying to expose my children to chicken pox on purpose. They admitted to it in the post! Pox parties are the dumbest thing next to coronavirus parties. Why would you want your child to have chicken pox instead of the vaccine? It’s just so stupid it hurts.

I agree 100%! Sure chicken pox is a relatively mild illness in a young child but the virus never goes away. It can return later in life to cause shingles which can be excruciatingly painful. Of course they won't get the shingles vaccine either I'll bet. The stunning  stupidity never ceases to amaze me.

• Upvote 10

This is my take on Allison. 

Allison Bontrager third eldest and second daughter to Marlin and Becky. Up until the end of 2017 she had enjoyed her life working as public relations/HR manager at the Dutch Country Inn, which her parents owned. She was able to to live alone away from the family with a flexible schedule allowing her to travel across the US, Canada, and Mexico with the band. All of that changed when four of her siblings got married. All of the sudden her BFF, main traveling companion, and older sister Chelsy is living in Kansas. Her two younger brothers are starting families of their own. But, the biggest upset is, quite a bit, of her job was given to her older brother Mitch and his new wife Bryn.

So, now Allison's life has changed drastically due to all of these changes. However, Allison now is at a point in her life where she has to choose between starting a family of her own and having a career. In the fundie world, Allison must choose between having a fulfilling career and a family of her own. When I read her blog posts I see Allison as someone who would be perfectly happy working and having a family. But she can't! I don't think Allison will be truly happy having the life she thinks she wants because of how she was raised. Could she escape? Yes! I really don't see Allison being happy in life unless she is able to have both. When I read her posts I see her being stuck between wanting a career and a family. That is just my take on Allison.

• Upvote 19

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic