IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Almost every huge wedding party I’ve seen had a bride who felt obligated to include everyone.

I  agree. I base this solely on the AITA sub on reddit. Good grief the number of posts where someone is offended because they had someone in their wedding party and then that person did not select the first person to be in their wedding party or people who did or did not choose someone to be in their party or people having issues because a bridesmaid was pregnant  is crazy.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, browngrl said:

I  agree. I base this solely on the AITA sub on reddit. Good grief the number of posts where someone is offended because they had someone in their wedding party and then that person did not select the first person to be in their wedding party or people who did or did not choose someone to be in their party or people having issues because a bridesmaid was pregnant  is crazy.

I have a friend who has been a bridesmaid so many times. She’s super friendly and outgoing. She basically offends no one and gets along with everyone. Therefore she was included in so many weddings. When she got married, she felt like she had to have a dozen bridesmaids because she was in their weddings. I told her flat out, you do not have to make me a bridesmaid. I’m just happy to go to your wedding. I think she was relieved I said that. 

• Upvote 5

Venturing over from my usual haunts in Maxhell and Jrod's Barn of Doom to watch the Bontrager wedding...I really just need a reason to have lots of snacks, I think, but seeing this wedding and the end of Allison's Neverending Season of Singleness is also entertaining. 

• Upvote 9

12 minutes ago, browngrl said:

Yep - this is something I don't personally understand but it's definitely a thing.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

In large fundie families, the window without a potential bridesmaid being pregnant is very small. I don't think it's possible to make any plans around pregnancy - if they waited til Carolina gave birth, the Bryn would be heavily pregnant. Then Cassidy again. Then Chelsy again. It's a never endeding ferris wheel and there is just no way to catch an in between. 

Same with the Mortons. And Maxwells. And, well, all the large fundie families with adult/married children. 

I get that there's a small window, but it shouldn't be that hard to avoid being within a week or so of a due date. Especially since fundies have such short engagements, so they know well ahead of time when a baby is due. A month after, at least, or even month before, is not too difficult to accommodate. It's not like they are planning weddings more than a year out and someone get's pregnant in the mean time and the due date just coincidentally coincides with the wedding date. 

• Upvote 4

In a way, this pandemic has made it easier to have fewer bridesmaids because of the guidelines when it comes to things like weddings. In my family, we tend to have mostly family members or very close friends as bridesmaids. It's just that's what we've always done. Personally, if a bridesmaid was pregnant and felt the need to drop out as it was too close to the due date, I wouldn't be offended at all.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 5

2 hours ago, lilith said:

They don’t need to have such huge wedding parties. I don’t believe that Allison is close to every one of her sisters, sisters in law, future sisters in law, brothers and future brothers in law. 

This is very true. A smaller wedding party would lessen the chance of a pregnant bridesmaid - hell, it could even be an "out" for that pregnant woman so she wouldn't have to stand up among many for the show. 

I think the large wedding parties are totally for show. "Look at us and how godly we are and this wedding is a really big deal for everyone and aren't you jealous you aren't part of it". 

I am oddly anticipating today's big show. I got all my stuff done and am sitting here with leftover fried chicken and a rum & lemonade, waiting. Also, reading FJ, of course. 

5 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

I get that there's a small window, but it shouldn't be that hard to avoid being within a week or so of a due date. Especially since fundies have such short engagements, so they know well ahead of time when a baby is due. A month after, at least, or even month before, is not too difficult to accommodate. It's not like they are planning weddings more than a year out and someone get's pregnant in the mean time and the due date just coincidentally coincides with the wedding date. 

That's assuing they care. Most of these big fundie families don't. For them, it's a badge of honor to be heavily pregnant with a new baby for Jesus. 

• Upvote 7

I'm so excited this is my very first live fundie wedding!  I wanted to watch Chelsy and John's but couldn't cuz of a family get together that day.  We need to do a drinking game.

• Upvote 7

I broke out some Moscato for the occasion and am awaiting my cream cheese pesto dip to finish baking. Going to guess we won't have any talk of testicles during this livestream. 

• Upvote 7

So  I just turned on the livestream (will watch the processional, not anything else) and can't see the video, but I can hear the audio. Some pastor just asked everyone to move in so that they could fit more people in the church. This wedding is going to be plague central.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Good lord. No video yet, but the first audio I heard was someone asking the guests to maximize the space to accommodate as many people as possible. Virus? What virus?

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

How many people will test positive after the wedding? [emoji35]

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Waiting on the procession don’t care about anything else.

well don’t exactly care about this either but it’s not a nice day out so.....

It's all piano music right now. Random hymns and some of the usual wedding music thrown in here and there. No video yet. 

• Upvote 1

I can hear music but I had to activate it because it was on mute by default. They also started the video as I was typing this 

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic