IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

Interesting that she has her sister-in-laws but he didn't select any of her married brothers to be groomsmen.  They have one more bridesmaid than groomsman if I counted correctly.  No friends, only family in the wedding party.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, fundiefollower said:

Interesting that she has her sister-in-laws but he didn't select any of her married brothers to be groomsmen.  They have one more bridesmaid than groomsman if I counted correctly.  No friends, only family in the wedding party.

I’m wondering if she has no friends in the wedding party because of the pandemic. Maybe she was worried a non family member wouldn’t be able to attend or didn’t want to because of the virus. We know she has girlfriends. 

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m wondering if she has no friends in the wedding party because of the pandemic. Maybe she was worried a non family member wouldn’t be able to attend or didn’t want to because of the virus. We know she has girlfriends. 

I’m sure that the pandemic could be the reason for only having siblings in the wedding. When my friend got married she & husband only had their siblings. 

• Upvote 3

On 6/12/2020 at 9:32 AM, fundiefollower said:

The wedding party is already huge with only family members. I guess it makes it easier to not offend any friends if none are included. 

Jeremiah already has 5 brothers so he had to make a choice between the married or unmarried Bontrager brothers. Since the wives are in Allison's party and someone has to watch the kids, I think it makes sense he chose the younger brothers. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

23 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

The wedding party is already huge with only family members. I guess it makes it easier to not offend any friends if none are included. 

Jeremiah already has 5 brothers so he had to make a choice between the married or unmarried Bontrager brothers. Since the wives are in Allison's party and someone has to watch the kids, I think it makes sense he chose the younger brothers. 

Yes in a lot of families the Dad would be an acceptable person to watch the kids for the day- but I doubt they will be bothered to watch their kids for the whole day. I'm sure the girls mothers will have to help out. 

• Upvote 4

OMG Allison mastered the fundie helpmeet stare! [emoji85][emoji85][emoji85] See her latest instagram post

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

7 hours ago, Smash! said:

OMG Allison mastered the fundie helpmeet stare! emoji85.pngemoji85.pngemoji85.png See her latest instagram post

I’m sure she practiced in front of a mirror for years. Or maybe while dating her brothers?

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I’m sure she practiced in front of a mirror for years. Or maybe while dating her brothers?

A combination of both probably. And just watching her mother doing it. She is going to be the perfect little fundie wife. 

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, Smash! said:

OMG Allison mastered the fundie helpmeet stare! emoji85.pngemoji85.pngemoji85.png See her latest instagram post

It's really obvious in the photos section of their wedding website. Especially the first photo. :56247953c05d2_32(6):

• Upvote 2

It's really obvious in the photos section of their wedding website. Especially the first photo. 56247953c05d2_32(6).png

OMG that’s the picture she posted on instagram [emoji4]

• Upvote 3

On 6/9/2020 at 9:35 AM, fundiefan said:

Allison posted pictures of the engagement on IG. Taken from a distance by someone else. 

I know it's judgy of me, but I hate supposedly "private" engagements that have photographers hiding in the woods or whatever. 

If you want a public engagement, with pictures, do it publicly.

If you want to claim a surprise, romantic, intimate engagement - leave the photographers at home.

I would honestly be creeped out if I were sincerely surprised yet, there are pictures of every step. But, that's just me and I know that I am being judgmental but don't care.  

I'm  much, much older than Allison and I've been married for a long time. I'm a private person who truly hates too much attention and I look for any way out of going to a wedding or any other large party. My husband proposed to me in a quiet corner of our favorite restaurant, six months later we eloped and invited no one, and when our daughter was born he was the only person I wanted in the delivery room.  For me those extremely private moments were meant for just the two of us. I love my family and friends, but was super uncomfortable with the showiness of a ceremony/party.  My family and friends appreciate my personality, and no one seemed bothered by any of this.    I understand that more extroverted people want to share everything with others, but that would be nearly impossible for me to do.  Sometimes the Allisons of this world come across as show-offs, although most of the time in the social media world we live in what they are doing is considered normal.  I get social conventions, but I often choose not to participate.  For people who talk constantly about modesty, the Fundies we see here seek so much attention.  

On 6/9/2020 at 2:06 PM, usmcmom said:

I can’t explain why but the whole barefoot thing gives me a creepy vibe. Why do both (soon to be) married daughters insist on being barefoot for major life moments? If we had seen this with only Chelsy on her wedding day, it would not seem so strange; but now seeing it with Allison in her engagement just makes it weird...like...creepy weird. 

Allison said they walked through the woods to the bridge. Did she walk through the woods barefoot? 

My backyard is full of trails through beautiful woods, but we would never be able to walk there barefoot. It's tick city here, and walking the lawn barefoot is a bad idea, sadly.  I have many happy childhood memories of rolling in the grass, trekking through woods, but there was no tick problem then.  Do they not have ticks in Iowa?

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

12 hours ago, Smash! said:

She's been practicing for years, perfecting its every nuance so it was just perfect when needed.

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Smash! said:

OMG that’s the picture she posted on instagram emoji4.png

The pose is so creepy, how he's just standing there with his hands in his pockets, while she hangs on him adoringly with the light shining on her hair. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

On 6/12/2020 at 3:26 PM, therulesofjinx said:

their story section is a little lacking....I wonder if they'll eventually write one of those "how we met" blog posts from each of their perspectives. 

"Once upon a time a classy girl and a manly boy were desperate to marry and prayed and prayed and prayed a lot and here we are".

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 10
  • Love 1

The Bontragers were planning on spending the last of their tour at the Lake Itasca Music festival Aug 7-9th but it’s been cancelled. That will likely give Allison some much needed extra time to plan for her wedding. 

The Bon’s latest blog post let’s us know that both Liz (16) and Hudson (14) just got their learner’s Permits. Why did Liz wait so long to get hers and Hudson got his a full two years younger? Oh yes that’s right. Probably because she’s a female. The gender roles are strong in the Bontrager family. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

On 6/15/2020 at 4:43 PM, Caroline said:

Do they not have ticks in Iowa?

They have ticks in Iowa, although may not yet have any major tick-borne illnesses.  I moved away about 7 years ago and I don't remember them having lyme disease yet (or any others for that matter).  They sure have 'em in Minnesota, though, so it would only be a matter of time.

• Upvote 2

6 months without so much as a squeek and the Bowers had done 2 blog posts in 2 days! They spoil us lol Sadly neither very interesting 

• Upvote 3

Allison sounds so smug. She talks as if getting engaged is the much deserved ending to her lifelong work and greatest accomplishment. Oh wait, it is. *huge eyeroll* what about the girls who will never get married? What about the women who do everything right and don’t think they are settling, yet they end up married to an abusive piece of shit? She’s 25 not 85. She acts as if she’s been waiting forever. If I was a fundie follower of hers, I would have unfollowed by now.

71717E31-1879-4CEA-9052-926FECF27A24.jpeg

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 3
  • Haha 4

Oh my god.  You haven't even gotten married yet or probably spent much alone time with the man.  What wrong things could have been done that needed apologizing for at this stage?

Seriously, you don't really know how someone behaves in stressful situations until you have seen them in one.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

Huh. That little epistle doesn't so much sound smug, as it sounds like a passive-aggressive request for an apology from a certain "not perfect gentleman". 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Ugh. Why do these women assume expert status minutes after they are engaged? Why do the men do it as soon as they buy the ring?  Why are all of them so arrogant? 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

She is going to be such an annoying perfect fundie wife. And in about a year she'll share all her motherhood wisdom with the world -.- 

• Upvote 13

7 hours ago, ophelia said:

She is going to be such an annoying perfect fundie wife. And in about a year she'll share all her motherhood wisdom with the world -.- 

The minute she’s pregnant she will start sharing her wisdom! 

I’ve been married since 2009 and I’ve been a mother since 2012. I don’t even think I’m great at giving advice on marriage or motherhood! I feel like I only know what works for my marriage and my kids (and sometimes I barely know that!). I have no clue what it’s like to parent other kids with different needs. The Bontragers think they are experts on everything. The only thing Allison is an expert on is nurturing her brothers’ manhood. Gag.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

We knew this was coming. The long, dramatic, BS filled ramblings of an insecure little girl who needs to feel special. 

First, it was being "single" and worshipping her brothers and blah, blah, blah. Now, it's being engaged. Next it will be wedding planning. Then the wedding. Then marriage. Dear god, the marriage posts to come already scare me! When the babies arrive, I think that will be the end. She'll be so far over the edge of trying to convince herself that her insufferabililty will reach levels no human can handle. 

• Upvote 13

10 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

We knew this was coming. The long, dramatic, BS filled ramblings of an insecure little girl who needs to feel special. 

First, it was being "single" and worshipping her brothers and blah, blah, blah. Now, it's being engaged. Next it will be wedding planning. Then the wedding. Then marriage. Dear god, the marriage posts to come already scare me! When the babies arrive, I think that will be the end. She'll be so far over the edge of trying to convince herself that her insufferabililty will reach levels no human can handle. 

I think she might get so busy that she won’t be able to post as much as she would like. This happened to Chelsy. It’s the natural progression of a single fundie maiden. They wait around for their life to start. They blog about how happy and content they are to wait. When it’s obvious they aren’t. And then when a boy finally notices them, they no longer have any time to devote to their blog. Because their lives are fine ally starting. 

• Upvote 9

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic