IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

She will look stunning, but she really lost a lot of weight. Maybe the wedding planning stress is taking a toll on her. Though she can be terribly smug I hope she is happy that she is getting married and her weightloss isn't connected to her being unhappy.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

39 minutes ago, ophelia said:

She will look stunning, but she really lost a lot of weight. Maybe the wedding planning stress is taking a toll on her. Though she can be terribly smug I hope she is happy that she is getting married and her weightloss isn't connected to her being unhappy.

Her weight loss is probably intentional. Unfortunately, it's common to be on a diet before the wedding, for fitting in a one-less size dress. It may also be caused by stress (wedding, new house, a big change of life etc). In that situation, one person can be happy and stressed at the same time.

This said, I have the feeling that Alison has such high expectations that she may feel frustrated often. She has been working on contentment for years, but never succeded. I've been following her: she's smart and interested in business and finance, and probably bossy. She's been brainwashed to admire men and desire to submit, and to think men are superior and smarter than her... but it's forced and I wonder if she knows it somehow. 

I think Chelsy has the life she genuinely wants. But Allison, I doubt it. I'm sure she wants to marry and be a mother, but it's clear that she thrives working, too. But being a working mom is banned for fundies! 

I dislike Bontragers for a lot of reasons and Alison is obnoxious, but I feel sad when I see a woman forced to forget all her abilities except reproduction and homemaking.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 7

In the shower post they talk about Allison's mother in law sharing some thoughts or something like that. It seems that at these showers fundies always have to share a reflection or some thoughts or something. If I was at a shower and I had to sit through a sermon man I'd be pissed. I just want to drink my spiked punch and have a good time. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

30 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

In the shower post they talk about Allison's mother in law sharing some thoughts or something like that. It seems that at these showers fundies always have to share a reflection or some thoughts or something. If I was at a shower and I had to sit through a sermon man I'd be pissed. I just want to drink my spiked punch and have a good time. 

I already don’t like showers. If a sermon was included, I think I would die from boredom. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I already don’t like showers

Me either. Even without the threat of a sermon I generally just send a card or gift (depending on how close I am to the bride /groom) . However the food at Alison's shower did look tasty and the plastic over all the tables reminded me of my parent's house so there is that.

• Upvote 7

Ooooooh, they're going to livestream the wedding! Can't wait for another lecture from Marlin and more praise of men's gonads.

(I still can't get over how incredibly inappropriate and immodest the sermon about Steve's vasectomy reversal was at Chelsy's wedding.)

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, Jigsaw3 said:

Ooooooh, they're going to livestream the wedding! Can't wait for another lecture from Marlin and more praise of men's gonads.

(I still can't get over how incredibly inappropriate and immodest the sermon about Steve's vasectomy reversal was at Chelsy's wedding.)

Well this is perfect!  I didn’t know where to share this photo from Cake Wrecks; but I knew it had to go somewhere on FJ.  Thanks for the set-up! 

Spoiler

A99D7B78-EF1C-446E-AE71-EAFAF2B777DE.thumb.jpeg.5f9da0107c13dd03c141bd5f1c31b278.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 23
  • Love 2

So much red in the Helferich house - bright red walls, red curtains, red cherry floors and furniture. It reminds me of a Victorian brothel.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 11
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

So much red in the Helferich house - bright red walls, red curtains, red cherry floors and furniture. It reminds me of a Victorian brothel.

Or a foretaste of hell. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

Who wants to bet that Allison’s wedding colors are black, white, and fuchsia/red (whatever the heck her shirt is in the shower pics)? She seems like the type to either wear a white dress to a shower or try to coordinate with her wedding theme.  And it also felt a little basic compared to her usual style if she wasn’t limited by colors.

• Upvote 6

I wonder how much COVID restrictions are going to affect Allison’s wedding? Does anyone know how strict Iowa is? 
After the double wedding extravaganza, Mitchell’s large wedding and Chelsy’s big wedding with added vasectomy preaching I think Allison will be very disappointed if she has to scale back and not fulfil every Pinterest board she’s so carefully curated for the last 5 years.

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, lilith said:

I wonder how much COVID restrictions are going to affect Allison’s wedding? Does anyone know how strict Iowa is? 
After the double wedding extravaganza, Mitchell’s large wedding and Chelsy’s big wedding with added vasectomy preaching I think Allison will be very disappointed if she has to scale back and not fulfil every Pinterest board she’s so carefully curated for the last 5 years.

I think it will look like a typical Bon wedding. I doubt they will do much of anything about Covid. It will likely be outside on the farm and it will still be pretty big. Allison has an enormous family. I’m sure not all of them will travel to Iowa for it. But I’m betting plenty of the ones who don't have to travel too far will come. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

The Bons have already demonstrated from pics of family reunions that they don't care about Covid-19; plus their good buddy/fatherinlaw Curtis Bowers is busy preaching on hate radio programs that COVID-19 is a commie hoax and the future vaccine will implant gummit tracking devices in you, or some such garbage.

I chuckled when I saw that Allison got a lovely bouquet from her wedding photographer, and Allison tagged the florist in the Instagram post. I guess she didn't notice that the florist's Instagram page has a Black Lives Matter logo on it.  [take that, preening white boy Joshua Bontrager]

Edited by HereticHick
  • Upvote 13

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

The Bons have already demonstrated from pics of family reunions that they don't care about Covid-19; plus their good buddy/fatherinlaw is busy preaching on hate radio programs that COVID-19 is a commie hoax and the future vaccine will implant gummit tracking devices in you, or some such garbage.

I chuckled when I saw that Allison got a lovely bouquet from her wedding photographer, and Allison tagged the florist in the Instagram post. I guess she didn't notice that the florist's Instagram page has a Black Lives Matter logo on it.  [take that, preening white boy Joshua Bontrager]

I genuinely love how impossible it is for fundies to boycott every business (large or small) due to their support of BLM, LGBTQ+, PP, and dirty liberal agendas in general.  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I genuinely love how impossible it is for fundies to boycott every business (large or small) due to their support of BLM, LGBTQ+, PP, and dirty liberal agendas in general.  

Mr. Possum, who is the whitest southern man you ever did see, has a BLM magnet on his truck, just to make folks heads explode.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

It doesn't surprise me but seems strange that Fundies don't support BLM. I mean this is an organization that is saying LIVES MATTER!! Isn't that what being PRO-LIFE is about?!? 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

It doesn't surprise me but seems strange that Fundies don't support BLM. I mean this is an organization that is saying LIVES MATTER!! Isn't that what being PRO-LIFE is about?!? 

Because BLM is accepting and welcoming of the LGBTQ+ community. And they especially fight for equality of black trans women. Who are murdered in much higher numbers than the white population. 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, ElizaB said:

Its difficult to support Black Lives Matter and the precious sacred memory of the Confederate States of America at the same time. /sarcasm

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, ElizaB said:

They love to say that if people REALLY cared about black lives they’d be picketing planned parenthood. Because the most dangerous place for a black “child” is in its godless mothers womb, don’t you know.  

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 8

I am really concerned about Allison’s weight. In her newest IG photo, she looks SOOOO thin and I can’t imagine such weight loss is healthy. 

To he clear, I am aware that being very thin does not always equate to being unhealthy. But, when it is the result of severe weight loss in this fundie culture, it worries me. 

• Upvote 8

I just saw the photos of the bridal shower, and noticed two of Allison's sisters were wearing skirt extenders (slips with ruffles you wear under your dress to "extend" its length).  

Have we seen the Bontragers ladies wear these before? Is it possible that Allison is marrying into an even more conservative family?

Allison has always been an interesting fundie because she obviously loved working.  Will be interesting to see how she adjusts to this 'new season of life' (gag me). 

(Also, I think her thin appearance is related to her wedding/marriage.  Her husband is rail thin - sadly it could make her feel pressured to be skinnier.)

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

I just saw the photos of the bridal shower, and noticed two of Allison's sisters were wearing skirt extenders (slips with ruffles you wear under your dress to "extend" its length).  

Have we seen the Bontragers ladies wear these before? Is it possible that Allison is marrying into an even more conservative family?

Allison has always been an interesting fundie because she obviously loved working.  Will be interesting to see how she adjusts to this 'new season of life' (gag me). 

(Also, I think her thin appearance is related to her wedding/marriage.  Her husband is rail thin - sadly it could make her feel pressured to be skinnier.)

I wouldn’t be surprised if her sisters in law have different modesty standards. But I also wouldn’t be surprised if Allison still wore some pants after marriage. Chelsy married into a very anti-pants fundie family and still wears pants. 

• Upvote 4

I actually have always wondered if Chelsea's pants and bare shoulders is her (tiny) rebellion against her in-laws.  She seemed like the type that would otherwise blend-in/fit-in with her husband's family. 

I think Chelsea is 100% fundie, but I'm sure her in-laws have worn thin after the first few months down the street. 

• Upvote 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic