IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I’m thinking they get so busy because they only get three months to plan in for most of them! I’ve been planning mine for almost three years while finishing college, getting a masters degree, and starting my first year teaching. It’s not hard to balance and I’ve done most of my planning on breaks or during the summers. But these girls don’t get that. They have to plan in the matter of a couple months, while still doing things with their family, their new family that they barely know, and they have to get to know their SO better in that time. I’d be freaking out and so busy if I had taken all my three years of planning and squeezed them into three months. 

Let’s be real though,  Allison has been planning this wedding since her teens, and with increasing fervour ever since the year all her siblings got married. She just has to fit the groom and his family into their slots and she’s good to go. 

• Upvote 14

I do think the short fundie engagements are kind of ridiculous. They cause more stress in my opinion. Chelsy seemed really stressed out and I believe she had more time to plan than Allison. But at least fundie weddings are a little simpler than your average mainstream wedding. They likely won’t have dancing, a dance floor, or a real DJ. A family band will provide any music. They will have a meal unlike a lot of fundies but it will be buffet style which cuts down on a little bit of hassle. They also won’t have any alcohol. So no bar or bartender needed. The wedding and reception will likely be on the farm. So no need to book a venue many months in advance. Allison won’t be wearing shoes so no need to go shoe shopping. And I wouldn’t be surprised if she cut out a few other things from the wedding. I can see her going very simple with decorations.

• Upvote 8

I imagine most brides would be very stressed about an upcoming wedding due to Covid... but for the Bonts this won't change plans in the slightest. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

17 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Denver is the handsomest Bontrager so I figure it’s not hard for him to find interested fundie girls. 

Isn't he also the one who won like $100,000 in the Bible Bee? Yeah, I imagine he has his pick of fundie maidens.

8 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I’d be freaking out and so busy if I had taken all my three years of planning and squeezed them into three months. 

Eh. Mr. O and I got married after a 4 1/2-month engagement. We were in a bit of a hurry due to moving abroad, otherwise we wouldn't have exactly chosen it this way (after 6 years of dating). But it was fine; Mr. O managed to complete his Master's degree just fine and I worked my full-time job. We did the wedding planning at night and on the weekend. Of course we had 65 guests, not 650. But on the other hand, we served a full meal, had an open bar, and dancing. My money is also on "these fundie brides let wedding planning completely consume them because it's literally what they have been waiting their entire lives for."

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

When most of us plan weddings, we do just that, plan a wedding. These girls are also having to make arrangements for their new home, completely furnishing it etc and usually moving away from the fam and some are moving across the country, I think thats more stressful than a wedding! 

Ive never been into the big wedding, both of mine were planned and carried out within 6 weeks! Both registry office and small gathering at home after.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 7

6 hours ago, JillyO said:

Isn't he also the one who won like $100,000 in the Bible Bee? Yeah, I imagine he has his pick of fundie maidens.

He’s not the big winner of the family. That’s Lincoln Taylor who is 18. He has pretty blue eyes so I’m sure he will have no trouble finding a godly little wife. I think Denver won a smaller cash prize. But he probably still has plenty of his own money for a family.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

When most of us plan weddings, we do just that, plan a wedding. These girls are also having to make arrangements for their new home, completely furnishing it etc and usually moving away from the fam and some are moving across the country, I think thats more stressful than a wedding! 
Ive never been into the big wedding, both of mine were planned and carried out within 6 weeks! Both registry office and small gathering at home after.

Thats a great point! I could plan a wedding, even a big one, in a few months if I had to (especially if I wasn't working like most fundie women) but to coordinate a wedding plus moving to a new home plus having all of my goodbyes and last moments with my family and friends who I spend all my time with (again like most fundie women) would be a Task.
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 3

Josh Bontrager latest blog post on why BLM is evil and leftist is really disgusting.  And guess who commented on it, Jesse's new father in law.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

10 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Josh Bontrager latest blog post on why BLM is evil and leftist is really disgusting.  And guess who commented on it, Jesse's new father in law.

That blog post is a disturbing piece of gibberish. But sadly for humanity, nothing else is expected from Josh. His ego & religion have completely taken over any cognitive thought.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

So I almost get happy when I see these disturbing posts. Although perhaps "happy" isn't the right word. You see, it is easy to get sucked into these blogs and forget what is really behind them. You see cute babies, smiling families, and good food. Some people may start to think- hey maybe they aren't so bad. So sometimes it is nice that they actually show their dark side to pull us back out. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 2

Allison has posted on IG that she's put up the wedding website for perusal and she will post the wedding livestream link a few days before! 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

On 7/24/2020 at 11:50 AM, ElizaB said:

So Allison posted a blog post that is an "update" on her life. In it she mentions that she hasn't been posting a lot lately because she has been busy for "obvious reasons." What I don't understand is how they fundie girls get so busy when planning a wedding. I know they do a lot of their wedding things DIY; however, most people plan weddings while still maintaining full time jobs. These girls have absolutely nothing else to do. I guess Allison is busy with touring; however, this is a sentiment expressed by so many of these girls. 

Here is a theory I've had for a long time:

Single fundie women blog for 2 reasons: (1) to be worshiped by other single fundie maidens, and (2) to advertise their holiness for a potential suitor.  

So when they get engaged, half the purpose of their blogging is gone.  

They all seem to stop blogging when they get engaged, but then start again when they are pregnant.  My guess is that is when sh** gets real, marriage isn't quite the fairy tale they thought it would be, and they are in need of worship by other fundie maidens again.  Also, MLM money.

(I've yet to see a fundie wedding and think "that took a 1,000 hours to plan and execute".  Also, I really think Allison has had a hope chest and pinterest account ready for her wedding planning since Chelsea was engaged.)

• Upvote 15

Allison absolutely had half that wedding planned before even getting engaged. She planned for it like anyone else planning for their future. Her wedding is not something she is doing because she met someone and fell in love through the course of life-getting married IS the course of her life. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

Just a thought, THE wedding is mid august, Carolina is bridesmaid, she's also due #2 in august. It will be interesting!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had missed this article from a few weeks ago about how batsh*t crazy Curtis Bowers is. Youc an be damn sure that no Bowers grandbaby is going to get vaccinated, for anything.

https://www.southernminn.com/faribault_daily_news/news/state/article_2cb8847d-9cc3-53a6-bf3e-fd71d5959284.html

Merchants of misinformation target rural Minnesota

"Curtis Bowers, a former Idaho state legislator who has toured rural Minnesota warning of a communist plot to strip the United States of its sovereignty, has since created the “Faith, Family & Freedom with Curtis Bowers” podcast. He has used his new platform to warn of the “conspiracy” behind COVID-19.

Though he acknowledges that COVID-19 is a virus, he dismisses it as a ploy by “globalists” to collapse the economy and install a dystopian “Marxist agenda.”

He warned on a recent podcast that people being vaccinated will be tattooed with invisible dye alongside the COVID-19 vaccine, which can be read with smartphones listing all of your vaccinations. The vaccine, in Bowers’ telling, will contain dust-sized microchips that can scan to show education, career and any additional information the government might need to know about you.

“You’re being naive if what I said sounds radical in any way shape or form,” he told his listeners at the end of his podcast, before plugging a merchandise sale on his website."

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 4
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 7
  • WTF 16

13 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I had missed this article from a few weeks ago about how batsh*t crazy Curtis Bowers is. Youc an be damn sure that no Bowers grandbaby is going to get vaccinated, for anything.

https://www.southernminn.com/faribault_daily_news/news/state/article_2cb8847d-9cc3-53a6-bf3e-fd71d5959284.html

Merchants of misinformation target rural Minnesota

"Curtis Bowers, a former Idaho state legislator who has toured rural Minnesota warning of a communist plot to strip the United States of its sovereignty, has since created the “Faith, Family & Freedom with Curtis Bowers” podcast. He has used his new platform to warn of the “conspiracy” behind COVID-19.

Though he acknowledges that COVID-19 is a virus, he dismisses it as a ploy by “globalists” to collapse the economy and install a dystopian “Marxist agenda.”

He warned on a recent podcast that people being vaccinated will be tattooed with invisible dye alongside the COVID-19 vaccine, which can be read with smartphones listing all of your vaccinations. The vaccine, in Bowers’ telling, will contain dust-sized microchips that can scan to show education, career and any additional information the government might need to know about you.

“You’re being naive if what I said sounds radical in any way shape or form,” he told his listeners at the end of his podcast, before plugging a merchandise sale on his website."

Everything comes back to the commies for Curtis. The fact he was an elected representative is terrifying.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I'm surprised he hasn't shown up on Infowars, this is just the kind of ballocks peddled by Alex Jones. 

• Upvote 9

3 hours ago, lilith said:

Everything comes back to the commies for Curtis. The fact he was an elected representative is terrifying.

He wasn’t actually elected.  He was appointed to the position after the person elected to it resigned.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 11

Our neighbors' daughter had originally planned a wedding and reception for the end of June.  Then they rescheduled for September.  They decided at the end of July that they will get married with their parents and siblings, but will have a reception next year.  They stated very clearly on their website that they actually care about the health and concerns of their family and friends.  I fortunately live in a state that is taking Covid very seriously and the infection and death rates have remained low.  The Bontragers are foolish to be hosting an extravaganza at this time IMO.  

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Caroline said:

Our neighbors' daughter had originally planned a wedding and reception for the end of June.  Then they rescheduled for September.  They decided at the end of July that they will get married with their parents and siblings, but will have a reception next year.  They stated very clearly on their website that they actually care about the health and concerns of their family and friends.  I fortunately live in a state that is taking Covid very seriously and the infection and death rates have remained low.  The Bontragers are foolish to be hosting an extravaganza at this time IMO.  

Yeah, looking at the new post on the Bons' blog makes me ill. The "Helferich ladies" had a big shower for Allison in Minnesota. The last thing on earth I'd want to do right now during a pandemic would be to cram a bunch of people from different places into an indoor space like that. Not a mask in sight, of course, and everybody crammed in next to each other. 

• Upvote 12

My goodness, how tiny is Allison in those pictures! I’d think she was trying to fit into Chelsy’s wedding dress if I didn’t know she was going to try to outdo her by making her own super modest gown. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, lilith said:

My goodness, how tiny is Allison in those pictures! I’d think she was trying to fit into Chelsy’s wedding dress if I didn’t know she was going to try to outdo her by making her own super modest gown. 

Chelsy's dress was made for winter. Whatever Alison will wear (even if it has long sleeves) will be lighter. Also, fundies use to do cheap weddings, but with the exception of Anna Duggar, they don't seem to reuse wedding gowns.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Chelsy's dress was made for winter. Whatever Alison will wear (even if it has long sleeves) will be lighter. Also, fundies use to do cheap weddings, but with the exception of Anna Duggar, they don't seem to reuse wedding gowns.

I was joking..... my god she’s lost weight though.

• Upvote 5

When I was wedding dress shopping, losing weight before the wedding was a real and common thing. I remember trying and failing. Allison has never been overweight so it is slightly surprising she would want to lose weight before the wedding. Either way, I’m sure she will look great. 

• Upvote 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic