IGNORED

Sierra 4: She Speaks More Spanish than the Vuolos and Dillards

HerNameIsBuffy

On 3/9/2020 at 9:20 AM, Thorns said:

I bought some windows intending to make a greenhouse. I intended to for a long time, then I sold them. 

To Sierra?

• Haha 29
  • Love 1

Sierra says Brooks' only other medical experience was stitches? That doesn't sound like she's been taking him for well-visits. Shame on you, Sierra, if you're not vaccinating those babies. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, lizzybee said:

Sierra says Brooks' only other medical experience was stitches? That doesn't sound like she's been taking him for well-visits. Shame on you, Sierra, if you're not vaccinating those babies. 

I got irrationally angry when I read "Hims toofers". 

That said at least they're going to the dentist...? 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

On 2/29/2020 at 2:49 PM, lizzybee said:

Adding for example: with some tax refund money, I spent some yesterday ordering some things for our daughter on the way (like throwing her a shower but it was just me clicking through a private registry I made for myself because this is a third baby). I couldn’t have just taken a chunk like that from our month to month finances - we couldn’t afford it. If I hadn’t been counting on tax money I would have likely done a little at a time. I’ve never had a daughter before so a lot of this was my own self indulgence of getting her some towels*, sleepers, crib sheets, blankets, etc in a color aesthetic I’ve selected for her. Fortunately, she’s due in spring and that makes this whim of mine possible. Also, if this had been a third boy, I likely would have spent maybe an eighth of this because I have boy gear coming out of my ears. I admit this was an indulgence of being excited about a girl. And why not? I like that each child has come with their own bit of excitement and each one has a few special things like a baby blanket with their name on it, for example.  

That expenditure was for a kid though. We can always justify things for the kids we wouldn’t do otherwise. If I said to my husband something like “let’s spend $400 on essential oils” he’d look at me like I had three heads. I think I might tell him I want a six gallon Berkey later and see if I can convince him I’m serious for a while. I have to make my own fun. 

*I have a funny thing where everyone in the house has their own towels that are just theirs and they’re color coded. Idk why it matters to me, but it does. 

It is not that uncommon. I only think it’s problematic if the children have no say about the colours if or when they want to (obviously an infant won’t).

On 3/5/2020 at 12:04 AM, Sequoia said:

What does a family with incomprehensible finances, eleventy children and an overwhelmed mother need? A guinea pig, apparently. They've taken in a guinea pig from someone who turned out to be highly allergic, according to her post the poor creature will rotate weekly among the kids rooms. So that happened.

I only hope she got two or will get it an accepted partner. Apparently they suffer alone and even die from loneliness.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

15 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I got irrationally angry when I read "Hims toofers". 

That said at least they're going to the dentist...? 

Ugh this is worse than how I talk to my dog when I’m being over the top and he’s not relying on me for his future speech development. You’re not cute or relatable, Sierra, so just speak like an adult. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, Sairrr said:

Ugh this is worse than how I talk to my dog when I’m being over the top and he’s not relying on me for his future speech development. You’re not cute or relatable, Sierra, so just speak like an adult. 

I talk to my dog like that took, namely "teefs" cause he's got longer teeth then my others. But he also is not relying on me to learn to talk. I've never been a fan of baby talk for actual human babies.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I talk to my dog like that took, namely "teefs" cause he's got longer teeth then my others. But he also is not relying on me to learn to talk. I've never been a fan of baby talk for actual human babies.

I’m a fan of adding “ies” to words for my dog, so walkies, feeties, treaties and so on. But when I’m playing with my nephew I definitely just talk to him like he’s any other person ??‍♀️ it’s a lot more important for him to learn than it is for me to be cute about things. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Why does everyone photograph their kids at the dentist these days? I just find it odd. I don't remember my parents even coming into the room with me at my earliest memory of dental visits/very young age. I'd be really annoyed as dental staff if parents kept elbowing me out of then way to get the oh so exciting action shot of their kid laying down with their mouth open.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

1 minute ago, FleeJanaFree said:

Why does everyone photograph their kids at the dentist these days? I just find it odd. I don't remember my parents even coming into the room with me at my earliest memory of dental visits/very young age. I'd be really annoyed as dental staff if parents kept elbowing me out of then way to get the oh so exciting action shot of their kid laying down with their mouth open.

Its one of those new social media things where you broadcast everything from potty training to first day of school. I personally would hate my photo taken at the dentist, it's already sensory hell and stressful as fuck. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

I had a root canal this week and if someone however well-meaning shoved a camera in my face as it was being done would have been kicked.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

I repeat: UGH, SIERRA.

"Hims toofers" ? 

It also irrationally bothers me when she refers to herself as "momma girl". She even had it as her screen name when she and her husband went bowling with two other adults. No kids, just 4 adults. Kind of sad that having kids is her only identity. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Sierra says she has always used her Instagram to educate people. Please list one thing Sierra has educated you on since you began following her.

I’ll start:

1) Shut a freezer door all the way to prevent ice cream from melting (reference to her wedding planner appearance on 19KAC)

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

I want to preface this post by saying that I’m not trying to start a formula b. Breastfeeding debate. 

I thought Sierra breastfed? Is she using formula now? How tf is she affording boxes of oils, random doors/windows, open Ike’s of clothes and toys, and formula? That shits expensive. I am SO curious about their monthly budget. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

I want to preface this post by saying that I’m not trying to start a formula b. Breastfeeding debate. 

I thought Sierra breastfed? Is she using formula now? How tf is she affording boxes of oils, random doors/windows, open Ike’s of clothes and toys, and formula? That shits expensive. I am SO curious about their monthly budget. 

Maybe they get WIC or food stamps. I bet they qualify financially. One income and that many dependents...

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 4

1 minute ago, Seculardaisy said:

Maybe they get WIC or Medicaid. I bet they qualify financially. One income and that many dependents...

Unless they’ve got some kind of shady doings (which I doubt), I can’t see them NOT qualifying. Would they take it though? And can they afford NOT to?

Edited by princessmahina
  • Upvote 2

Thank goodness I have Sierra to regularly educate me on instagram. She's very subtle about it too, all this time and I didn't even know I was learning! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

She edited her post after a bunch of people called her out for suggesting anxiety is a choice. She is so ignorant. She actually replied to one of the commenters that for some it is:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200314_205133.thumb.jpg.108eb462b4270bb9e53f2b82b34c88a2.jpg

We need an eye roll reaction for Sierra. (Though I suspect it would be used frequently in the J-Rod threads too.)  

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Spelling
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 5

If I could stop my anxiety, I would literally pay a lot of money for that. Charge me up. My money is ready. Anxiety is never a choice. Most people don't wake up and think "today is the day I'll be anxious if someone looked at me strange or if I said something stupid or wait that thing from 10 years ago when I kinda waved at someone and they weren't looking at me but I still remember it" 

She's an idiot. No amount of praying will make the 48340324 instagram videos look good.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Good grief she’s got one of her 100 video bit stories up with advice to moms who now are forced to homeschool.  Don’t ask me What she said I tapped thru it. If you need advice, I wouldn’t  ask her she’s a mess

• Upvote 7

I expect to see every fundy homeschooling mama in the land to soon be crowing about their wise choice to isolate their families from both heathens and viruses.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Alright, I watched. Since we have no dullsville CO to watch, I've recapped Sierra's homeschooling tips and tricks stories. Here we go! 

She wants to give some misnomers (her nonsense grammar) about homeschooling and general advice.

1) she doesn't cook breakfast every day, she gives the kids high protein bars. Don't give your kids sugary cereals, let them have pb on bread or an apple or you're trapped in the house with a monster. One of her sons is a different person when he has any sugar. I guess she doesn't realise a lot of pb and bars have sugar in. 

2) the idea of schooling her kids from 8-3pm horrifies her. She is done by noon. Lawd knows what time they start. Khai is learning 4 digit division so sometimes they do more after lunch. The girls focus on handwriting, reading and math. She says maybe science. She makes it sound like her girls hate it. 

3) take 10 minute breaks constantly. Even if it's sending your kid to walk around the house. 

3) you can school different ages all at once because some children are self-led and do it themselves (sad). Questions are popcorn so answer them when they come up. Be creative with physical examples and stay focused. 

3) yes 3 again. Rest, vitamin D and drinking water is "how you kick literally anything that you're battling" ? you can go to the doctor and get antibiotics. But science has proven those 3 things are helpful. The kids all nap after lunch, the oldest boys can read quitely. During this time she claims she deep cleans the house, does laundry and the dishes. And films 6 million instagram stories. Tackle you entire home but it will overwhelm you. 

Start the morning by having the kids pick up toys from playtime. Then read quietly for 30 mins. Then it's school. 

Wait. Now she's saying that during nap time she chills and that. Is. Okay. WUT. Which is it, Sierra? She calls her mom, showers and eats cookies. 

5) "you're not a teacher so you don't know how to teach your kids." Not true: you taught them since birth how to crawl and ride a bike. One of the most effective teaching methods is them watching you. Let them help you cook. She uses abcmaths.com and adventure academy for extra supplemental stuff. Don't let your kids veg on phones or tv. It causes her kids to fight. 

She's not an expert. She's gonna post creative things to do with kids. This will make you closer as a family. 

You are an expert on your "fam-bam" and know what works best. 

Oh wait there is another misnomer! Don't bother doing your hair, makeup or dressing in anything other than sweats unless you really want to. 

If you have a hard day with your kids go take a hot shower when your husband gets home from work. 

Let your kids be near you, that's all they want. Don't stress. 

It's hard but you can do it, even if you've been suddenly forced into homeschooling/sahm life. She's sorry for you and your loss of one income and she's praying for you. You're a beautiful human being. 

Got questions? She'll answer! Screenshot_20200316_164050.thumb.jpg.3dd70be4d90144110139d2502861fc3e.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 12

I honestly thought sierras very long insta story was nice. not necessary, but nice. she acknowledged that people are being forced to homeschool and its not voluntary and she's sorry if you had that thrust on you. She reminds Mom's that they won't screw up their kids if they dont know what they're doing for the few weeks they are stuck doing the homeschool thing. I think a lot of moms, especially in her circle, might need that reminder. It was very non judgmental. I thought it was nice (although yes very long and not necessary haha)

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

19 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Alright, I watched. Since we have no dullsville CO to watch, I've recapped Sierra's homeschooling tips and tricks stories. Here we go! 

She wants to give some misnomers (her nonsense grammar) about homeschooling and general advice.

1) she doesn't cook breakfast every day, she gives the kids high protein bars. Don't give your kids sugary cereals, let them have pb on bread or an apple or you're trapped in the house with a monster. One of her sons is a different person when he has any sugar. I guess she doesn't realise a lot of pb and bars have sugar in. 

2) the idea of schooling her kids from 8-3pm horrifies her. She is done by noon. Lawd knows what time they start. Khai is learning 4 digit division so sometimes they do more after lunch. The girls focus on handwriting, reading and math. She says maybe science. She makes it sound like her girls hate it. 

3) take 10 minute breaks constantly. Even if it's sending your kid to walk around the house. 

3) you can school different ages all at once because some children are self-led and do it themselves (sad). Questions are popcorn so answer them when they come up. Be creative with physical examples and stay focused. 

3) yes 3 again. Rest, vitamin D and drinking water is "how you kick literally anything that you're battling" ? you can go to the doctor and get antibiotics. But science has proven those 3 things are helpful. The kids all nap after lunch, the oldest boys can read quitely. During this time she claims she deep cleans the house, does laundry and the dishes. And films 6 million instagram stories. Tackle you entire home but it will overwhelm you. 

Start the morning by having the kids pick up toys from playtime. Then read quietly for 30 mins. Then it's school. 

Wait. Now she's saying that during nap time she chills and that. Is. Okay. WUT. Which is it, Sierra? She calls her mom, showers and eats cookies. 

5) "you're not a teacher so you don't know how to teach your kids." Not true: you taught them since birth how to crawl and ride a bike. One of the most effective teaching methods is them watching you. Let them help you cook. She uses abcmaths.com and adventure academy for extra supplemental stuff. Don't let your kids veg on phones or tv. It causes her kids to fight. 

She's not an expert. She's gonna post creative things to do with kids. This will make you closer as a family. 

You are an expert on your "fam-bam" and know what works best. 

Oh wait there is another misnomer! Don't bother doing your hair, makeup or dressing in anything other than sweats unless you really want to. 

If you have a hard day with your kids go take a hot shower when your husband gets home from work. 

Let your kids be near you, that's all they want. Don't stress. 

It's hard but you can do it, even if you've been suddenly forced into homeschooling/sahm life. She's sorry for you and your loss of one income and she's praying for you. You're a beautiful human being. 

Got questions? She'll answer! Screenshot_20200316_164050.thumb.jpg.3dd70be4d90144110139d2502861fc3e.jpg

Many thanks! I also watched while chortling. The two “misnomer 3s” got me, as well as the fact that she simultaneously deep cleans parts of the house while chilling on the sofa as the kids rest. One would imagine that she’d put a bit more effort into these insta mega stories, but one would be wrong.

I’m also irritated by how poorly she views professional educators. Yes, kids get basics from parents, but they also benefit from trained professionals. You know, the kinds of people that don’t repeat third topics or espouse one view, then completely undermine it with their next paragraph of information.

• Upvote 6

What's her definition of 'deep clean '?  Because those kids would have to nap for half the day for that to happen.  She also assumes that there will be no interruption to the husbands' work schedules and of course the mommies will stay home and homeschool.   Every family's situation is different in this unique time.  It's not like it's post WWII and all the women can go back to the kitchen now.  

Regarding her comments on anxiety, not only are they naive,  but a bit ironic as I've always felt that Sierra is in many ways trying to outrun her own anxiety.  I think she unwittingly avoids confronting some deeply buried issues by being so over the top with everything,  including going all in on fundy life.   

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

@Belugaloo oh yes, I thought the spirit of it was good, and she does seem to appeal to quite a lot of people. 

3 hours ago, apandaaries said:

I’m also irritated by how poorly she views professional educators. Yes, kids get basics from parents, but they also benefit from trained professionals.

This is more of what bothered me. Her dismissiveness of professional teachers and school generally. She genuinely seemed horrified by the thought of people sitting in classrooms, even though she herself went to a normal school. 

It's not just a curriculum that is taught in school. Kids learn social skills, they learn to work as part of a team, they get to see how other people live. They get to experience having friends with similar interests who are not direct blood relatives. And let's be honest, pretty often kids can be awful to each other. But even negative experiences teach real-life people skills. 

I think when done right, homeschooling can be excellent, especially when a co-op and sports are involved. I'm not convinced that sitting your 7 children around the kitchen table for 2-3 hours each morning for jesus themed learning is going to produce the best results. 

2 hours ago, WarriorJane said:

Regarding her comments on anxiety, not only are they naive,  but a bit ironic as I've always felt that Sierra is in many ways trying to outrun her own anxiety.  I think she unwittingly avoids confronting some deeply buried issues by being so over the top with everything,  including going all in on fundy life.   

I've wondered this too and I also would sadly not be surprised if one or several of her children will suffer with anxiety due to the environment they're being raised in. There's proof from members here alone that being forced to keep sweet and give everything over to God based on the cults' teachings can leave some deep emotional scars. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic