IGNORED

Sierra 4: She Speaks More Spanish than the Vuolos and Dillards

HerNameIsBuffy

The area has had a lot of rain spanning several days. I live in OK and plenty of yards here have swampy areas like that. A local meteorologist calls it nuisance flooding. Blech.

• Upvote 2

It rained a lot here this week.  My apartment is on a hill overlooking a creek.  There was water standing outside on the ground outside my apartment yesterday because the ground here is that saturated.  

• 2 weeks later...

I was hiding from my kids, two dogs and husband (lockdown is fun...!) and caught Sierra's insta story on Korean/ Dalgona coffee, had to try it out of boredom and now I think I have a slight addiction... There you go, a fundie has brought meaning to my life, just not in the way she would hope!

Edited by Nurse Nic
*spelling
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 10

9 hours ago, Nurse Nic said:

I was hiding from my kids, two dogs and husband (lockdown is fun...!) and caught Sierra's insta story on Korean/ Dalgona coffee, had to try it out of boredom and now I think I have a slight addiction... There you go, a fundie has brought meaning to my life, just not in the way she would hope!

...I mean it's not actually Korean, it's from the middle east and was on a Korean drama, but that actually looks really good and I guess I know what I'm doing today. Thanks Sierra? I guess? 

It feels weird thanking her for something

• Upvote 2

Guess who else tried it? Me. I even shared it on my IG stories, because I too have nothing else to do while stuck in the house. I pronounced it delicious. 

• Upvote 1

Could someone post the recipe here so we don’t have to go back thru Sierra’s Instagram?

• Upvote 3

Beat two tablespoons each of instant coffee (granules, not powdered), hot water and sugar for two minutes or until frothy. Half fill a mug or glass coffee cup with milk of your choice, add ice then top with the coffee mix and enjoy! It looks lovely separated, like an upside down cappuccino, but tastes better when stirred through. The way my kids are bickering today I am planning on adding a hefty dose of Bailey's (Irish cream liqueur) to mine!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 4

Sierra just posted a video of all the kids touching a new package as one of her older kids opens it. I’m going to take a wild guess that they are not following standard procedures to disinfect it or leave it outside for 3+ days. It made me absolutely cringe.

• Upvote 4

On 3/31/2020 at 7:46 PM, Peaches-n-Beans said:

...I mean it's not actually Korean, it's from the middle east and was on a Korean drama, but that actually looks really good and I guess I know what I'm doing today. Thanks Sierra? I guess? 

It feels weird thanking her for something

Is it like a Nesfrappe? [which I've had in Greece and Cyprus)

• Upvote 2

On 4/2/2020 at 12:01 AM, Skeptic55 said:

Sierra just posted a video of all the kids touching a new package as one of her older kids opens it. I’m going to take a wild guess that they are not following standard procedures to disinfect it or leave it outside for 3+ days. It made me absolutely cringe.

I was wondering the same thing and am really unsure how/if she implements the current hygiene recommendations.

Sierra recently talked about what she does when Mark gets home from work every evening. Apparently, his work clothes get washed immediately, he showers, she makes sure the kids don’t get into contact with him before he’s cleaned and changed. She also talked about a non-contact fruit and veggie shopping trip she went on recently (she preordered by phone and her order was just put into her car without her getting out). So at least at times, Sierra does seem very aware and careful. But with the package, who knows... 

ETA: In her most recent Insta story, she talks about a little basket with snacks, wipes and so on that she has placed in front of the door for delivery people. That is a nice idea to be honest. I might criticize her a lot, but such a gesture is sweet indeed. However, in the same story, Sierra films herself crying because a delivery guy stopped by to get something and she’s super touched and emotional about it.  Don’t get me wrong, I’m aware the pandemic takes a toll on all of us and I don’t want to take her outburst out of context, but it was a little weird! 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 13

While the delivery person basket is a lovely idea - I found her photos and video about it rather in the humble brag end of things.  (But that could just be me)

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

On 4/10/2020 at 1:04 PM, clueliss said:

While the delivery person basket is a lovely idea - I found her photos and video about it rather in the humble brag end of things.  (But that could just be me)

It WAS a humble brag. Like her "Date your daughter!" Post and everything else.

*Sips from a Keep Marching Yourself Toward a Mental Breakdown mug* 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7

I'm finding myself rooting for Sierra lately. She definitely does everything with a performative eye, which I find irritating, but she knows the differences among her children, she seems to be really involved in their projects, I think she's actually doing a decent job homeschooling, and while I *adamantly* believe that having more than 5 or 6 children, especially spaced together, entails neglect regardless of the situation because it is simply not possible to give each child attention, I think she's doing about as well as it's possible to do.

Basically, compared to the fundies who ignore their children and brag about them raising each other, who can't remember anything about their kids except that they "have a servant's heart," who assume that reading the bible is 100% great for education, etc., she's pretty okay. She's growing on me.

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, FunFunFundie said:

I'm finding myself rooting for Sierra lately. She definitely does everything with a performative eye, which I find irritating, but she knows the differences among her children, she seems to be really involved in their projects, I think she's actually doing a decent job homeschooling, and while I *adamantly* believe that having more than 5 or 6 children, especially spaced together, entails neglect regardless of the situation because it is simply not possible to give each child attention, I think she's doing about as well as it's possible to do.

Basically, compared to the fundies who ignore their children and brag about them raising each other, who can't remember anything about their kids except that they "have a servant's heart," who assume that reading the bible is 100% great for education, etc., she's pretty okay. She's growing on me.

Agreed. If I were Sierras neighbor, I think we would be friends. We wouldn't see eye to eye on a lot, but she seems like a nice person. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

@Belugaloo@FunFunFundie hence why I think she will one day leave all that stuff behind. Her beliefs might stay horrible, or go slightly more fundie-lite, but I think eventually she will give up on all this extra lifestyle stuff. She reminds me of Erika Shupe. She is too smart, too organized, and too actually concerned with education/her kids' individual needs to keep this up forever. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

On 4/14/2020 at 5:02 PM, Exposedknees said:

Humble-bragging is very on brand for Sierra

True, and I think Sierra does it (humble-brag) because she craves validation and someone patting her on the back, reassuring her she’s doing a great job. Even if it’s only virtually. She is frequently close to a mental breakdown and I believe that hearing other people tell her she’s doing fine helps her a lot in her day to day life - even if it’s just from strangers. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Looks like Sierra spent quite a bit of money on plants and garden supplies for their rental house. Quart and gallon sized plants aren't the cheapest when it comes to gardening, and that's the sizes of everything she got. She would have saved lots of money by growing things from seed or even just buying small six-packs or flats of marigolds, rather than quarts. The blueberries she bought had to have cost at least $15.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

Looks like Sierra spent quite a bit of money on plants and garden supplies for their rental house. Quart and gallon sized plants aren't the cheapest when it comes to gardening, and that's the sizes of everything she got. She would have saved lots of money by growing things from seed or even just buying small six-packs or flats of marigolds, rather than quarts. The blueberries she bought had to have cost at least $15.

I thought the same. I grow about 250 sq ft of veggies and flowers every year and it would cost me about a grand to go buy transplants instead of starting it all from seed like I do.

• Upvote 5

But this is Sierra and it's not about saving money - it's about how it looks on the 'gram.

• Upvote 9

You guys make me feel less alone, so thank you. It's comforting just knowing FJ is here when I see some of the depressing/crazy stuff going on in America. Carry on. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 10

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

I thought the same thing!!  I mean, I'm glad that they garden, but I saw those pics and thought "dang, she's spent hundreds of dollars on plants!"

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Today she was schilling some snack something or other and babbling about them being all cooped up or something.  And I'm watching it (the first one or two parts) thinking - please you homeschool your kids this is ordinary for you.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic