IGNORED

Sierra 4: She Speaks More Spanish than the Vuolos and Dillards

HerNameIsBuffy

I sort of do the same thing for towels as well. They aren't color coded (I buy a few of the fun beach towels from Walmart every summer, or from another place if there's any designs I like), but it didn't start as an intention lol. Back when my husband and I were teenagers I bought us each a plain colored towel for the vacation we were going on, then years later (before we were on our own, so no need for a lot of our own towels) we each found one we liked on clearance. Then we moved in our home and only had those 4 towels and a few our grandmothers gave us. Every summer I began buying fun towels, and I just picked out designs we liked...which evolved into us having our own towels...tie dye, paint splatters, animal print etc for me, Batman, stripes, favorite sports teams or beer, etc for him. It just happened. We don't mind using each others towels, there's just no need to because unless its a gift or birthday money spending, I always buy us each the same amount of towels per trip. I was at the store with my MIL once and she had me and her daughters pick out a towel each since they were on clearance, so I asked if I could get one for husband as well lol. Funny thing, I got my inlaws on that wagon as well. Growing up my husband and his sisters each had like one or two towels of their own, and the bigger towels were usually his parent's towels. The rest were plain white towels, and I think towel shopping wasn't usually that high on the list, because the white towels were almost always worn and thinner from so much washing and years of heavy use, and some of the older ones were usually soaked as soon as you tried to dry off. When my MIL found out I buy towels every summer, she said that was actually a really good idea, and they started doing it too I noticed (on a smaller scale). I think though seeing the towels my husband grew up using vs the ones I did, made me silently promise myself I'd make always make sure he had good towels. Probably not a super important thing to others, but its something small I can do. Also, I love my themed kitchen towels. I have year round ones and special holiday and season ones lol.

Wow this is long. And about towels. I am sorry! lol. Weird things make me happy, and seeing people on here kinda have a towel system similar to mine is evidently one of those things! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 5

Re the guinea pig: per her new Instagram post Sierra said the kids agreed to “biweekly cage cleaning.”

Ummmm my 11 year old has a guinea pig and she cleans the cage 2-3 a week at least. I hope Sierra knows how stinky guinea pigs cages can get. Bi-weekly cage cleaning will be a disaster. 

Per google:

On average, cages are completely cleaned once a week (bedding replaced, cagesides and bottom wiped clean). You will need to spot clean particularly wet spots an additional 1 to 2 times during the week. Some people spot clean every day. Some change the cage as often as every 3 to 4 days.

Edited by Seculardaisy
  • Upvote 8

Hopefully she means the kids have agreed every other week and the patents will clean the off weeks.  I agree that a piggy’s cage needs to be changed at least weekly.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Well she just got a mega-expensive order of YL crap, including a diffuser to use in the room that she says constantly smells like dirty diapers*, so  maybe she can just mask the guinea pig stench with the fug of vapourising essential oils.

*Hey, Sierra.  If the room constantly smells like that you're doing something wrong.  Either there's no ventilation or you're not cleaning up behind yourself. Possibly both.  Anyway, despite what the quacks at YL/DoTerra tell you, essential oils are not harmless and vapourising them in a poorly ventilated space is unhealthy and damaging to your health. And even more damaging to the healthb of your kids.  Their bodies have to last them another 80 odd years and replacement lungs are hard to get. I know you're overwhelmed but maybe you if you spent just a little of time you would otherwise use writing tortured screeds on instagram, you could open a window or empty the poop into the toilet or put the diaper in the outside bin.  Or maybe all three. 

Cheers, a mother of way to many kids who knows  thing or two about basic hygiene.

Edited by uber frau
  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 6

BEC: Nothing about Sierra makes sense to me. She keeps having kids and buying or adopting animals, she makes excessive purchases, and usually has a ridiculous number of Instagram stories. She is trying so hard to convince us and probably herself that she‘s happy with her choices. I just find her insufferable. 

On a happier note, all this talk about towels and now I can’t get this scene from Friends out of my head.

Spoiler

C8850E8A-A730-4625-9CB7-BD10E6CFDFC7.jpeg.abe165b2e89ec026abf5a3a433dd75c7.jpeg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 3

38 minutes ago, Alice in Fundieland said:

BEC: Nothing about Sierra makes sense to me. She keeps having kids and buying or adopting animals, she makes excessive purchases, and usually has a ridiculous number of Instagram stories. She is trying so hard to convince us and probably herself that she‘s happy with her choices. I just find her insufferable. 

On a happier note, all this talk about towels and now I can’t get this scene from Friends out of my head.

Hide contents

C8850E8A-A730-4625-9CB7-BD10E6CFDFC7.jpeg.abe165b2e89ec026abf5a3a433dd75c7.jpeg

One of the best episodes ever!.. Chnandler Bong ?

Edited by AliceInFundyland
  • Love 6

2 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Re the guinea pig: per her new Instagram post Sierra said the kids agreed to “biweekly cage cleaning.”

Ummmm my 11 year old has a guinea pig and she cleans the cage 2-3 a week at least. I hope Sierra knows how stinky guinea pigs cages can get. Bi-weekly cage cleaning will be a disaster. 

Per google:

On average, cages are completely cleaned once a week (bedding replaced, cagesides and bottom wiped clean). You will need to spot clean particularly wet spots an additional 1 to 2 times during the week. Some people spot clean every day. Some change the cage as often as every 3 to 4 days.

Word!

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, AliceInFundyland said:

One of the best episodes ever!.. Chnandler Bong ?

Mrs. Chanandler Bong! :laughing-rofl:

• Haha 5
  • Love 2

14 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Mrs. Chanandler Bong! :laughing-rofl:

In response to anyone who would like to critique the show I hold this episode up as one of the finest examples of the casts' comedic timing and why it deserves to live on.

This one and the one where everyone knows about Chandler and Monica, except for Ross.

"We know that they know that we know" etc.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3

12 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

She’s said both the new puppy and the guinea pig were Mark’s requests. :dontgetit:

My husband wants a puppy. We have one nearing 7 YO dog. I am retired, and he still works and travels extensively. I’ve nixed it. Every.single.day. he drones on about getting this new puppy. I told him when he retires he can get himself a puppy to care for and train. I love my dog, but a puppy IS like having a baby, for like TWO YEARS. Lofty thought, but the reality is quite different.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

In my best Chandler voice, “It’s MS. Chanandler Bong!” :laughing-rollingyellow:

8 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

In response to anyone who would like to critique the show I hold this episode up as one of the finest examples of the casts' comedic timing and why it deserves to live on.

This one and the one where everyone knows about Chandler and Monica, except for Ross.

"We know that they know that we know" etc.

“Joey, you can’t say anything.”

”Couldn’t if I wanted to!”

• Haha 8

I assumed the bi-weekly cleaning of the Guinea pig cage meant twice weekly.  It will definitely need it more than every other week.   We had two guinea pigs and I spot cleaned daily and did a thorough cleaning weekly.  Their urine is so strong, it is crazy.  They also shed a lot of hair.  And they like to kick around in their cage so wood chips and poops (they have solid little poops like rabbits only oval) go flying out of the cage and require sweeping or vacuuming daily.  Unless you have a small dog like mine who thought the poops were treats kicked out for him, ugh.  So gross.  We ended up rehoming our pigs after about 2 years.  I have a firm "no rodents" as pets policy now.  I had rabbits as a kid (outside only), and my daughter had a hamster and the pigs.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1

2 hours ago, fundiefollower said:

I assumed the bi-weekly cleaning of the Guinea pig cage meant twice weekly.  It will definitely need it more than every other week.   We had two guinea pigs and I spot cleaned daily and did a thorough cleaning weekly.  Their urine is so strong, it is crazy.  They also shed a lot of hair.  And they like to kick around in their cage so wood chips and poops (they have solid little poops like rabbits only oval) go flying out of the cage and require sweeping or vacuuming daily.  Unless you have a small dog like mine who thought the poops were treats kicked out for him, ugh.  So gross.  We ended up rehoming our pigs after about 2 years.  I have a firm "no rodents" as pets policy now.  I had rabbits as a kid (outside only), and my daughter had a hamster and the pigs.

I assumed she meant twice a week too. She said she had guinea pigs in high school, so hopefully that means she’ll do okay teaching the kids how to take care of it. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

Honestly the 65 barn windows is hysterical. It’s like she’s becoming a parody of herself. 

What the eff is happening with money in that household.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 16

18 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Per google:

Could biweekly mean twice a week? Otherwise, it would be once in a fortnight. That’d be horrible cause you can’t leave guinea pigs in dirty cages and just clean them once all two weeks.

Also, I’m concerned guineas don’t like such a big and noisy household. They are very prone to stress. In fact, my vet used to warn me not to let strangers touch my two beautiful girls or they could get strokes and die. So six little excited kids might really wear the poor animals out.  

ETA: I just watched Sierra’s Insta stories and three aspects are concerning:

1. The cage is too small.

2. Guinea pigs don’t want to love solitary lives. You should always have at least two. 

3. Sierra’s little guy needs a house in his cage that he can retreat to. The two roofed “houses” in the clips have large holes. The guinea pig doesn’t get the feeling he can hide. That’s a problem. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 13
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Oh look, yet another large, completely unnecessary purchase! 

IMG_1940.thumb.PNG.26693b5fee2e32b02e3eb80b9f4ea5dc.PNG

WTF?!?!?! First those aren’t barn windows, they are just old windows. Second those aren’t cheap. The cheapest I can get them is about $15 a piece. That’s a grand in the back of her van. Where the fuck is the money coming from? 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Could biweekly mean twice a week? Otherwise, it would be once in a fortnight. That’d be horrible cause you can’t leave guinea pigs in dirty cages and just clean them once all two weeks.

Also, I’m concerned guineas don’t like such a big and noisy household. They are very prone to stress. In fact, my vet used to warn me not to let strangers touch my two beautiful girls or they could get strokes and die. So six little excited kids might really wear the poor animals out.  

ETA: I just watched Sierra’s Insta stories and three aspects are concerning:

1. The cage is too small.

2. Guinea pigs don’t want to love solitary lives. You should always have at least two. 

3. Sierra’s little guy needs a house in his cage that he can retreat to. The two roofed “houses” in the clips have large holes. The guinea pig doesn’t get the feeling he can hide. That’s a problem. 

I was also thinking that maybe she either meant to say twice a week, or that maybe the kids are on rotation? I mean, she has so many of them. Six kids trying to clean one cage all at once isn't going to work out very well. If they were split up in two groups on the other hand, that would work out much better and would mean bi-weekly cleanings for the kids.

• Upvote 4

I have a feeling that with all the crazy Sierra is showing lately, it's only a matter of time until her threads move as fast as the Rod's threads. Sierra is spiraling downhill at the speed of light. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3

16 hours ago, Seculardaisy said:

Honestly the 65 barn windows is hysterical. It’s like she’s becoming a parody of herself. 

What the eff is happening with money in that household.

that woman needs a creative outlet so bad...I wish she only had a couple of kids (in public school) so she could be a classroom volunteer and PTA board member organizing the spring carnival and designing the poster for the school play and decorating the church basement for vacation bible school...

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

I admit, we only clean the guinea pig cage/replace the bedding once a week, we don’t really spot clean. But it’s cleaned on a regular basis. We also have more than one pig at once. The only time a piggie has lived alone is when their old cagemate has died, and we’ve acquired another couple of piggies; we keep them separate for a few days before bonding them. I’d never buy just one guinea at once. In fact, it’s illegal to just own one piggie in Switzerland! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

On 3/5/2020 at 4:06 PM, SassyPants said:

My husband wants a puppy. We have one nearing 7 YO dog. I am retired, and he still works and travels extensively. I’ve nixed it. Every.single.day. he drones on about getting this new puppy. I told him when he retires he can get himself a puppy to care for and train. I love my dog, but a puppy IS like having a baby, for like TWO YEARS. Lofty thought, but the reality is quite different.

May I say that I’m totally on your husband’s side in this argument? ?

8 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

The only time a piggie has lived alone is when their old cagemate has died, and we’ve acquired another couple of piggies; we keep them separate for a few days before bonding them. I’d never buy just one guinea at once. In fact, it’s illegal to just own one piggie in Switzerland! 

YES! This is so immensely important. Unlike dogs for instance, guinea pigs greatly suffer from not having at least one other piggie around. 

• Upvote 3

52 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

that woman needs a creative outlet so bad...I wish she only had a couple of kids (in public school) so she could be a classroom volunteer and PTA board member organizing the spring carnival and designing the poster for the school play and decorating the church basement for vacation bible school...

My BFF is like that. SAHM, 2 kids, public school, does the sets and costumes for their plays and volunteers for class trips. And she has a few hours every day of peace and quiet.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic