IGNORED

Sierra 4: She Speaks More Spanish than the Vuolos and Dillards

HerNameIsBuffy

56 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

that woman needs a creative outlet so bad...I wish she only had a couple of kids (in public school) so she could be a classroom volunteer and PTA board member organizing the spring carnival and designing the poster for the school play and decorating the church basement for vacation bible school...

I agree with you. On the other hand, Sierra could pour her creativity into homeschooling, educating her children well and spending quality time with them - if she so badly wants to be a mother to many.  But instead, she’s purchasing a new animal every couple of weeks, rants about her breakdowns online and buys more barn windows than are needed in the entire state of Nebraska. 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 20

I think I've been drinking too much Erin Bates Paine juice. If Sierra took the barn windows and sanded them and painted them they would look nice on a large living room wall as a sort of frame structure with framed or canvas pictures of the family in each panel. But how big is her living room, she would only need like 20 maybe.

I will go back into my corner now. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

33 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think I've been drinking too much Erin Bates Paine juice. If Sierra took the barn windows and sanded them and painted them they would look nice on a large living room wall as a sort of frame structure with framed or canvas pictures of the family in each panel. But how big is her living room, she would only need like 20 maybe.

I will go back into my corner now. 

Many young kids

A young dog

A rather high anxiety mother

G.Pigs

Homeschooling

Strawberry Dipping.....

Yes, get back into your corner! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, HereticHick said:

that woman needs a creative outlet so bad...I wish she only had a couple of kids (in public school) so she could be a classroom volunteer and PTA board member organizing the spring carnival and designing the poster for the school play and decorating the church basement for vacation bible school...

And honestly, she would be GREAT at those things! She seems to love doing that kind of stuff, and love having people enjoy it. It's a damn shame, a lot of energy and drive just wasted. 

18 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

Oh look, yet another large, completely unnecessary purchase! 

IMG_1940.thumb.PNG.26693b5fee2e32b02e3eb80b9f4ea5dc.PNG

This strikes me as another "business venture"... I'm putting money on her wanting to craft something with them and try to sell them. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 17

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I think so too. There is a whole "barn window decor" page on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/delanie921/barn-window-decor/

it's very on-trend with the whole farmhouse/rustic/distressed look that's popular right now. And I can think of no other reason to buy so many. Then again, I rarely understand what Sierra does. 

• Upvote 9

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Many young kids

A young dog

A rather high anxiety mother

G.Pigs

Homeschooling

Strawberry Dipping.....

Yes, get back into your corner! ?

I don't even have any of those things and I still have 20 frames I bought months ago that I never hung up lol I'm taking them with me to my corner.

• Haha 5

Echoing @AverageGiraffe why buy so many? Where is she going to store them while she starts her new "business venture"? Assuming she's going to attempt to make something similar to those on the Pinterest board @HereticHick shared, what's she going to do with all that glass? UGH, Sierra. 

Re: the Guinea pig, I'm no expert but in her videos of it, she kept picking up the little house and it kept running to hide under it. Seemed like the pig just wanted a quiet, private place for a minute, instead of her squealing and shoving her phone in the cage. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

How would she even have the time to search for and obtain all those windows? Did she pick them up when her husband was home with the kids? Between all those kids, their many medical emergencies, the pets, homeschooling, chores, LAUNDRY, meals...when would she even have the time, let alone the energy? 
I’m telling you, there has to be a parallel universe. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

I wondered if she might use them for growing plants in the garden, as a home made cold frame, but then wondered if that is every necessary in the South (I live much much further north), further north than anywhere in the US. So maybe that's not a thing there.

Here's an example https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=578

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, medimus said:

I wondered if she might use them for growing plants in the garden, as a home made cold frame, but then wondered if that is every necessary in the South (I live much much further north), further north than anywhere in the US. So maybe that's not a thing there.

Here's an example https://www.rhs.org.uk/advice/profile?pid=578

Northwest Arkansas can get quite cold, so yes, cold frames would be a thing there. If I bought 65 barn doors, that’s what I would use them for. But I don’t think Sierra has ever shown any interest in gardening.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I’m certain whatever she’s doing with them we’ll get 90 Instagram videos with her face close up giving us all the details 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3

I own a small glass and mirror company. We don't touch those windows! Any work on them is labor intensive and the glass would need to be replaced or removed. $$$$$. Sierra's "project" will end with one badly restored window and a big pile of junk.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Northwest Arkansas can get quite cold, so yes, cold frames would be a thing there. If I bought 65 barn doors, that’s what I would use them for. But I don’t think Sierra has ever shown any interest in gardening.

Oh, she was a big gardener one or 2 kids ago. She has raised beds:

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

Last year she bought ninety (?!) cinder blocks to make more raised beds. This made her cry:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200307_190628.thumb.jpg.122fdef0870c8c1c226f7a34d47a5aad.jpgScreenshot_20200307_190829.thumb.jpg.ef3f3a1d15242759229c0db33f632b84.jpg

She just posted a Rhea Lana haul of a ton of clothes for each child, a double stroller, toys and baby stuff. It doesn't appear to be sponsored and she says a bunch of prices. I'd be amazed if it all cost less than $350.

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200307_191710.thumb.jpg.e939a10b9a1c24277a9fc60ff33d893f.jpgScreenshot_20200307_191735.thumb.jpg.071c98788b9085adfae7ad389d1ffa27.jpgScreenshot_20200307_192229.thumb.jpg.1b267b3fa5c117a98b7ecf15366fd81f.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

Watch out it’s rhealana time.  She did a video of all the stuff she bought the kids 

• Upvote 2

Didn’t she give away all her baby stuff recently? Why is she buying more? Shouldn’t she have all this already? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Didn’t she give away all her baby stuff recently? Why is she buying more? Shouldn’t she have all this already? 

This is Sierra we’re talking about. Logic need not apply ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

First, her post reminded me to see if Rhea Lana does anything near me. They do. Super close by...and it was over Mar 4th. Rats. I did find a bunch of stuff at Once Upon a Child the other day so I will console myself with that mini haul. 

Second, I bought an old window like this for $10 like 8 or 9 years ago. I’m still allegedly planning on doing something with it but if I’m honest, I’ve obviously had my chance and should just donate it at this point. 

• Upvote 9

I bought some windows intending to make a greenhouse. I intended to for a long time, then I sold them. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5

I am glad that I’m not the only one that buys shizzle with intentions that go unfulfilled! Now not 65 windows, but yarn and fabric, you bet. I’m thinning all my closets and cabinets for a huge goodwill dump, some day.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

On 3/6/2020 at 12:06 AM, SassyPants said:

My husband wants a puppy. We have one nearing 7 YO dog. I am retired, and he still works and travels extensively. I’ve nixed it. Every.single.day. he drones on about getting this new puppy. I told him when he retires he can get himself a puppy to care for and train. I love my dog, but a puppy IS like having a baby, for like TWO YEARS. Lofty thought, but the reality is quite different.

I'm planning on a sport prospect Border Collie puppy here in a couple of years (because a dog like that takes planning) and let me just say for non dog people that basically translates to hell on wheels for 2 years. Hell my current Border Collie is almost 3 and only just starting to "calm down" and that's pretty relative. I cannot imagine having a puppy and all those kids. No thank you. Once I have kids I am hardcore no puppy until the youngest is at least 5. I also would not get a guinea pig, people think of them as great pets for small kids but they're actually pretty delicate. I had childhood friends who used to push theirs on the swing, down the slide, put them in doll clothes, no surprise when they ended up breaking ones leg, and the other one died "suddenly". Also don't they need more then just a cage, my friend who's really into guinea pigs said they really need to be allowed to have run of a room at least a couple hours a day? I wouldn't do that with all those kids. 

• Upvote 4

I am absolutely no pets until a kid is personally interested and responsible and old enough to fully care for an animal. Maybe an older cat...I can’t imagine a puppy!!!

• Upvote 1

On 3/9/2020 at 10:46 AM, SassyPants said:

I am glad that I’m not the only one that buys shizzle with intentions that go unfulfilled! Now not 65 windows, but yarn and fabric, you bet. I’m thinning all my closets and cabinets for a huge goodwill dump, some day.

I'm doing the same. You know what they say, the road to Goodwill is paved with good intentions. 

• Haha 15
  • Love 1

On 3/9/2020 at 10:46 AM, SassyPants said:

OMG so much crap!!! I've "started" so many projects that I never made.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic