IGNORED

Sierra 4: She Speaks More Spanish than the Vuolos and Dillards

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

Today she was schilling some snack something or other and babbling about them being all cooped up or something.  And I'm watching it (the first one or two parts) thinking - please you homeschool your kids this is ordinary for you.

Guess they can't get to their weekly hate meeting/Trump rally.  I mean church. 

• Upvote 3

Hating from home isn't the same. The holy spirit is present whenever people come together in groups to hate in His name.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

I've heard that some places are prohibiting the sale of seeds right now due to Covid-19: is that true or just fake news being peddled by the end-the-lockdown people?

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, albireo said:

I've heard that some places are prohibiting the sale of seeds right now due to Covid-19: is that true or just fake news being peddled by the end-the-lockdown people?

Not really, part of Michigan’s lockdown order required stores larger than 50,000 square feet close areas that sell carpet or flooring, furniture and paint, as well as garden centers and plant nurseries as a way to limit the number of people in the stores (although that part of the order was removed in the extension that was announced on Thursday). You could still buy those things in smaller stores. 
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/apr/15/facebook-posts/covid-order-doesnt-ban-gardening-or-sale-seeds-and/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Old news, I know, but in the spirit of Sierra I would just like to point out that every Wednesday my neighbors and I provide cold water to the Latino-looking people who mow the grass. Admittedly don't try out our high school Spanish because maybe they speak an indigenous language or something, plus it's pretty clear if you are all covered up and cutting grass in Florida you probably want some cold water without us having to ask.
Anyway, not bragging or anything, but I didn't realize we were supposed to post this on social media every time we do it and maybe  inspire some other, less holy, people to also give a thirsty person working in the heat some cold water. Just saying ...

Edited by patsymae
typo
  • Upvote 13

I guess Sierra doesn't actually believe in social distancing. That Georgia Brown podcast chick and a friend were over at the Dominguez house making whipped coffee this weekend. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

3 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I guess Sierra doesn't actually believe in social distancing. That Georgia Brown podcast chick and a friend were over at the Dominguez house making whipped coffee this weekend. 

52BA8A0B-53E9-490B-A370-5D01225F5CED.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 31
  • Love 3

On 4/27/2020 at 7:27 AM, HideousGreenShirt said:

Today she’s once again dropped tacos at the doorstep of a friend but then posted a picture of herself and the friend with their faces literally touching soo I guess I don’t understand why they bothered dropping the tacos instead of just handing them to her like normal. 

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 1

Tacos for Life has GOT to be comping her these meals, right? They surely are not paying themselves because that order she dropped off was a MINIMUM of $85 before taxes. Smallest Family pack-$35, Tacos by the dozen-$40, Gallon drink-$10. PLUS food to take home to her brood? And she's doing this every week! 

I thought you had to disclose this kind of freebie on Instagram?

Edited by Grace
Because it's off not of ??‍♀️
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Grace said:

Tacos for Life has GOT to be comping her these meals, right? They surely are not paying themselves because that order she dropped off was a MINIMUM of $85 before taxes. Smallest Family pack-$35, Tacos by the dozen-$40, Gallon drink-$10. PLUS food to take home to her brood? And she's doing this every week! 

I thought you had to disclose this kind of freebie on Instagram?

Is this expensive for tacos? It sounds expensive for tacos but I have nothing local to compare it to. 

• I Agree 5

9 hours ago, Sairrr said:

Today she’s once again dropped tacos at the doorstep of a friend but then posted a picture of herself and the friend with their faces literally touching soo I guess I don’t understand why they bothered dropping the tacos instead of just handing them to her like normal. 

And it was after all that fuss she made to her boys about dropping the package and then stepping back. Yet she posts a selfie of her and her friend hugging:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200429_121012.thumb.jpg.dc8338413ce6bc020191b494c5f7df13.jpg

Between the Dominguez family with these drop offs and that Georgia person, the Caldwells, the Duggars and Kristin anti-vax-jesus, there is the potential for a huge virus hot-spot.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, Sairrr said:

And Sierra does this even though her husband’s salary is exclusively commission. He doesn’t get any base amount (as per Sierra herself). EXCLUSIVELY COMMISSION! How can they even plan like this? She should better spend less money and put every penny she can into a savings account. I can’t imagine that many people go furniture shopping during a national (well, actually worldwide) pandemic. 

• Upvote 12

Didn’t they post about following Dave Ramsey?  I’m pretty sure eating out frequently is not Dave Ramsey-recommended. 

But they are a cash only family, so it’s all good, I guess.

• Upvote 5

Sierra is almost a tragic figure to me. She is smart, energetic, social and seems to have a good heart. But for whatever reason, she's decided to keep putting her square peg in a round hole that just doesn't seem to fit her makeup. In a different place/time/mindset she could be an amazing woman with a very fulfilled life. As someone mentioned, even if not having an outside job she would be a great organizer and volunteer for school, etc. 
But instead she just goes off on all these weird tangential projects, tries to promote herself as being "godly" while totally tone deaf about how it appears to others, is desperate for any kind of recognition (hence the Duggar party planning/Joy's best friend forever, dumb posts) and all I can see is this --and more babies -- going on forever.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Didn’t they post about following Dave Ramsey?  I’m pretty sure eating out frequently is not Dave Ramsey-recommended. 

But they are a cash only family, so it’s all good, I guess.

I don't remember the details of Sierra's finances, but Ramsey doesn't allow eating out if you are in debt and doing the baby steps.

If (big IF) you have no debt, are aggressively paying off your house, tithing, and putting 20% in retirement, then he doesn't care what you spend your disposable income on. However, I highly doubt this is Sierra's situation. Honestly, I have no idea how one dude who sells furniture supports this huge family and all of their indulgences. If seven people lived on that income in my area, they'd be sleeping in a car and living off food bank donations. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

While I think they are in a more affordable area than some, a large family is still expensive. I don't know how they do it either. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

It's not seven people; it's nine. Two adults, seven kids, two dogs and possibly one terrified guinea pig. We haven't heard anything about the Godliest Guinea Pig™️ lately, so maybe (hopefully) it was rehomed.

She's mentioned they did Financial Peace University twice and showed her wallet full of envelopes. She also stated that they're renting the house. Aren't there rules about having that many people in a rental house that size? She recently said that Mark's job is entirely commission based. 

They have a car, a van and a scooter. She's constantly getting take-out food and coffee and has recently started doing these Tuesday night deliveries to friends. She frequently hosts unsponsored giveaways that she films herself shopping for. She randomly buys hundreds of dollars of essential oils, a million cruddy old windows and goes plant shopping... I don't get it. Where is all this money coming from? 

ETA: I agree that we won't see her stop having babies. Nor do I think she will let her kids go to regular school. 

I think she is probably a good person aside from all the hateful beliefs, pro-life functions, dismissiveness/ignorance of anxiety. But, I am disturbed by the lifestyle choices she and Mark continue to make and perhaps more importantly, the praise she receives from leghumpers that inevitably encourages these choices. 

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Additional thought
  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 1
  • Love 2

55 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

She's mentioned they did Financial Peace University twice and showed her wallet full of envelopes. She also stated that they're renting the house. Aren't there rules about having that many people in a rental house that size? She recently said that Mark's job is entirely commission based. 

So IIRC, Ramsey isn't against renting for the time being, but definitely teaches that they should be aggressively saving for at least a 20% down payment for a house with any disposable income. That was definitely covered in Financial Peace University. I get the feeling she hears what she wants to hear.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

Reading above and analyzing what we see on her 'gram (which is only part of her life) - it looks like they've done the pick and choose method of his advice.  Granted, I'll say I've done that (without taking FPU).  I used the snowball method of reducing debt.  But I also rent and have no intention of buying (I do not want to be responsible for home repairs etc).  Yes, I do save, at my own rate and have been growing it but with an eye on having an emergency cushion and taking care of myself in old age.  I do have debt - specifically a car loan.  I use a credit card for purchases but it gets paid off each month (and that is mainly because it is safer to use a credit card than it is to use a debit card).  But then I am not a family of 9+ with a fluctuating income.  It always looks like she just spend spend spend spend spend.  But what happens when the income dips?  have we seen that when she seems all stressed and losing her mind?

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

So I guess little girls don't grow up then?

Spoiler

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2

To me, her posts are meant to come off as encouraging, but I really think she's just trying to convince herself that she loves her life. So many other people have said this, but she would probably be a much happier, calm, present mom if she would put her kids in school and stop the baby train. Clearly she can't do that at the moment, but would people she knows in real life and not her internet humpers give her shit for putting her kids in school in the fall? I would think they'd be relieved, because her Instagram stories and posts are sounding more desperate lately in my opinion. 

I'm only a couple years older than Sierra, and while I don't have kids and I've never been married, I know what it's like to try and live in a way that other people think you should. I made big changes about a year and a half ago - I left a long-term relationship that had run its course, I got a new job that is fulfilling, and I am so much happier now living the way I want to and not how I think other people think I should.

Apologies for the wall o' text.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 11

I have something in common with Sierra....my kids, 9 and 12, do the same thing! #girlmom

Seriously tho, I hate those hashtags since they promote gender stereotypes. The things she mentions are in no way exclusive to raising boys. I have zero experience raising boys, but I have one nephew who is a stereotypical boy, and my other nephew is obsessed with unicorns. They’re both ‘all boy’, Sierra.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

3 hours ago, clueliss said:

have we seen that when she seems all stressed and losing her mind?

Take a look at any of her Instagram posts. She is constantly writing about crying over everything and her young children rewarding/encouraging her. She cries herself to sleep, cries in the shower, cries when she has to wash away a dirty handprint on the window.  Then she writes that she feels guilty about not "giving enough" to her kids and needing their forgiveness. 

Can you imagine living with that much emotional pressure you've put on yourself? 

I think this is why so many of us pay attention to her. She is screaming out that she's overwhelmed but she continues to dig that pit deeper because the leghumpers encourage her. 

Here are her captions from a couple of posts:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200430_171110.thumb.jpg.a77e8bf5d696d9c9b3df10243fe44355.jpgScreenshot_20200430_171710.thumb.jpg.577f98d4a3b548fd8b77fd1f78a053a9.jpgScreenshot_20200430_172001.thumb.jpg.03d8ff004bcddaa46aec9848dde5007d.jpg

1 hour ago, TuringMachine said:

So I guess little girls don't grow up then?

Reveal hidden contents

And the only acceptable future "treasure" is a straight, Christian woman. I was very tempted to ask how she'd react if one brought home a groom or somebody from a different faith. 

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Riffles
  • Upvote 9

Does anyone know where this “Momma-girl” comes from?  I’ve never heard that expression before.

I probably should have quoted one of her posts to be clear...her kids call her that.

Edited by Marty1227
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic