IGNORED

Sierra 4: She Speaks More Spanish than the Vuolos and Dillards

HerNameIsBuffy

Sierra and her newest bff Georgia are "out and about" getting drinks from that 7brew place and shopping at TJMaxx to celebrate Georgia's 21st birthday. No masks, no gloves, no apparent concern for the pandemic.

Spoiler

IMG_1950.thumb.PNG.d6b8789d058cc96967c5fafeba1683c6.PNG

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 6

Sierra and her newest bff Georgia are "out and about" getting drinks from that 7brew place and shopping at TJMaxx to celebrate Georgia's 21st birthday. No masks, no gloves, no apparent concern for the pandemic.

Spoiler

IMG_1950.thumb.PNG.d6b8789d058cc96967c5fafeba1683c6.PNG

These people...it’s so infuriating.

Does Mark have health insurance through his employer or do they participate in one of those “Christian insurance” funds?

And I’m sorry but what does someone with umpteen kids have in common with a 21 year old?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

She was looking and acting pretty frazzled when she posted her eleventy page Instagram story about her insta pot and cooking a chicken. Hope they slow down with the kids, but I don’t really see that happening. 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, apandaaries said:

She was looking and acting pretty frazzled when she posted her eleventy page Instagram story about her insta pot and cooking a chicken. Hope they slow down with the kids, but I don’t really see that happening. 

Way too late on that notion. What is she, early 30s with 7? kids? It’s insane.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

She is 30. Her birthday is in September. Absolutely insane. 

I think the below comment from her most recent post confirms she won't stop having kids. I feel sad for the seven she currently has. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200523_190914.thumb.jpg.169588a02cb1e8979efc49be6c56b0cf.jpg

• Upvote 9

Obviously being fundie quiverfull and having 7 children at age 30 is a different story, but I can actually relate to Sierra’s response here.

I have two children and would really love to have 1-2 more, but I live in an area where people raise their eyebrows at anything more than 2 kid families. I have gotten a lot of responses along the lines of, “why not just enjoy the two you have?” as though enjoyment of my current children is even remotely related to wanting more.  

I’m always confused and offended by this type of comment, as well as generally feeling like it’s no one else’s business how many children I have or want to have or what my reasons might be. 

At the same time, I am not at all in the public spotlight, or even on social media. And the number of children I want to have is solely based on my own personal preferences and not dictated by a patriarchal religion. 

• Upvote 13

Nobody is shaming people for having as many kids as they want. @Johannahif you're capable of loving, caring and providing for another child, then go for it and screw other people's opinions! 

The issue with Sierra is that she clearly overwhelmed, as proved by her rambling, increasingly frantic posts and stories on Instagram. She is constantly crying and her kids are noticing and desperately trying to build her up with paper swords and encouraging words.

That, coupled with the wild impulse spending and the fact that they are a single (100% commission based) income household is the concern.

I do agree that it is a rude comment, and usually I would agree that it is nobody's business. However, she has 7 kids that she is parading about on social media and appears to be struggling to raise so it's not surprising that people would make this comment. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I think it was poor wording of the question, and agree that wanting more children doesn't mean you don't enjoy your current kids. 

The problem is that Sierra's social media doesn't actually give off the impression that she enjoys her current kids. And you can't very well ask on Instagram 

"Hey Mama Girl. You can barely handle the 7 you have. Why don't you focus on taking care of them and yourself before having more."

But tbh I generally think that any social media questioning about that kind of personal thing is bad form. 

• Upvote 17

I always think it’s silly to see people ask questions like that on social media. No one ever answers “you know what random person I don’t know, you’re right! I’ll change”. I guess there’s always a hope that it’ll spark a thought of change in the person, but I think it’s a slim chance. I think it would need to come from a family member with hints over time. She clearly doesn’t do well at having all these kids. They are clothed and fed but how’s their education, emotional state, or stability? Probably not great. But these people online bashing her probably make her want to double down on her beliefs. 

• Upvote 5

I think the difference between Sierra and you@Johannah, is that you are making thoughtful choices about the number of children you have and the size of the family you want and can reasonably care for.  Sierra seems to feel compelled to have eleventy! kids to fulfill some ideal of godly womanhood and to get approval from.......whomever, I'm not really sure.   She works so hard to convince herself that this lifestyle she has bought into is the right and only path and if just believes  hard enough #keepmarchingspeaklifechoosejoy, it will all work out and she will get her heavenly reward. 

I do agree 100% though that it's no one's business how many (well cared for) kids someone has.  My ideal may not be your ideal, etc.

• Upvote 19

Did you guys know that since Sierra has POC family members she can't be racist?

• Upvote 15
  • Thank You 1

Sierra and her colour blind bullshit need to shut the fuck up right now. 

Instead of just praying she should open a history book. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Someone mentioned that the hearts were supposed to reference some song that is super racist and talking about race (if anyone understands what I'm trying to say haha). 

I'm reading it again and the color bind things she's putting in here is truly making me gag. Because we are all one race ? Also I'm confused about her wording of her children being half american? She is basically saying "racism just needs to be taken over by love and therefore I will only teach my kids that they need to know love and that they should NOT see color".

I'm exhausted.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Ok I’ve lurked here for years and Sierra just inspired me to make my first post.  She really needs to shut the fuck up about how she is not racist. She is absolutely infuriating me right now.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Interesting that this post had nothing to do with blm, the protests, George or Breonna or Ahmad, really this post is all about her...how she responded to all the confusing comments - say something! Don’t say something! It’s hard to be an influencer! -  And then how she’s become a voice for her sister in law. And how all of it really doesn’t matter somehow I guess? It’s totally not about her as a hero! ?

That being said, after seeing some outright denials of systemic racism and white privilege online recently ...I guess we all have to start somewhere...hope she is listening.

Edited by neuroticcat
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

She’s basically saying “I’m not racist, see?” in a super long-winded way. Except for refusing to even acknowledge the protests, let alone the reasons behind them, shows us that she is part of the fucking problem. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Okay. But she has also posted, several times, about George Floyd. She has posted about racism and how white people need to listen. She’s not saying that SHE doesn’t see color, but that to her POC nieces, they feel they are a blend.

She is far from perfect but you’ve got Zsu calling the protestors “rabble trash” and Jill talking about her “dark” children and Portuguese! Portuguese! husband. Sierra’s response is inelegant but she’s at least on the side of “racism is wrong and it is real.”

• Upvote 24

1 hour ago, FunFunFundie said:

Okay. But she has also posted, several times, about George Floyd. She has posted about racism and how white people need to listen. She’s not saying that SHE doesn’t see color, but that to her POC nieces, they feel they are a blend.

She is far from perfect but you’ve got Zsu calling the protestors “rabble trash” and Jill talking about her “dark” children and Portuguese! Portuguese! husband. Sierra’s response is inelegant but she’s at least on the side of “racism is wrong and it is real.”

Oh that is interesting. I had assumed she was in the silent white camp...like the majority of Duggars and Bates

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Oh that is interesting. I had assumed she was in the silent white camp...like the majority of Duggars and Bates

She's posted quite a bit - more than usual - about the situation. It's not all very nuanced. She has said, for example, "all lives matter," but then she also says that what she means by that is that the inequalities don't stop at color (I think what she's getting at is that poor people also face systematic inequality, and people of other cultures, all minorities). But she's posted a bunch of things that my liberal friends have also posted, most along the lines of "we need to find the healing" but also "8 things my white friends can do" (by a black youth pastor). I was going to copy and paste them but most of them are memes. You can find them on her public facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/sierrajo.dominguez

It's not perfect. It's FAR better than what I've seen from other fundies, and given that she's a semi-influencer, and that most people who follow her in earnest are enthralled with her billion kids and Christian faith, she has the chance to get people thinking about this in more than just a "shut up protestors" kind of way. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 5

Poor Sierra. I honestly think she means well, and this is yet another example of how her overwhelming household of children is getting in the way. I really think if she didn't have more kids than she can handle there would be room for her to grow emotionally, mentally and creatively.

But I agree with @FunFunFundie, Sierra is actually responding to our current American crisis with more thought and empathy than a LOT of the NWA Arkansas fundy white folks around her.  

Is she part of the problem, as @bal maiden says? Yes. But I think there is more potential in Sierra to learn and grow than there is in many of her social set (I'm thinking of many of the Duggars, for example)--or there would be if she wasn't drowning in children and stress.

• Upvote 16

13 hours ago, FunFunFundie said:

Honestly? I think she’s trying. Everyone starts somewhere and I think with more education (which, let’s be real, many of us need) she could make some good points. I’ll give her points for being light years ahead of the Duggar’s and Bateses. 

• Upvote 14

She was one of the early adopters of the “blue lives matter” movement after Black Lives Matter started. That says all we need to know about where she stands. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Marissap said:

She was one of the early adopters of the “blue lives matter” movement after Black Lives Matter started. That says all we need to know about where she stands. 

I shy away from “that says all we need to know.” People adapt and have nuanced views. I don’t know if Sierra has, or does. But I think it hurts everyone to say “once upon a time she said X and I will never listen to her again.”

• Upvote 26
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, FunFunFundie said:

I shy away from “that says all we need to know.” People adapt and have nuanced views. I don’t know if Sierra has, or does. But I think it hurts everyone to say “once upon a time she said X and I will never listen to her again.”

I am so glad that my years growing up were not recorded on social media of any kind. My views have changed dramatically over the years and continue to evolve.  Perhaps Sierra is finding her way.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Marissap said:

Well that’s unfortunate. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that she’s grown since then though. 

• Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic