IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

7 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

Since we're back on this topic, I really can't blame Lawson for not getting married. The poor guy has already feed and raised a family. What he's doing now, most do in college. He's traveling, taking selfies, not worrying about the major things. Because he's already done that. Bank of Lawson doesn't want to pay for 10 more kids that he can't give back to mom and dad at the end of the week.

You’re right. I normally find Lawson obnoxious and he does do things that I consider inexcusable (e.g. bringing a badge and gun to they Bahamas), but when I think of his tough upbringing and his responsibility to put food on the table for his parents and siblings, I feel some leniency. Some of his actions (medic corps, etc.) cannot be excused, but I can see the posing and selfie-taking in a different light. The guy deserves an adolescence and if he has it in his 20s, so be it. Now, if he also developed an anti-racist, feminist worldview, he might develop into a catch. 

• Upvote 8

On 6/20/2020 at 11:09 AM, Johannah said:

Has anyone listened to this drivel? What could he possibly say besides grifting? And charging people to listen to your “financial” seminar?

Also, why??? Why and how can you possibly justify that able-bodied people forgo a salary when they are perfectly capable of earning one???

It would be funny if he just came on stage and said: "you can make money by charging people to listen to you how to make money"

And then leave the stage. 

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

On 6/20/2020 at 5:09 AM, Johannah said:

Has anyone listened to this drivel? What could he possibly say besides grifting? And charging people to listen to your “financial” seminar?

I did listen to it once when it was free, I'm not paying for that! It boils down to making people feel sorry for your children so they give you stuff. He doesn't word it that way, but it is basically what he is saying.  Grifting 101 should be the name of that speech. 

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 6

I can’t wait for this title to change. For some reason I see “Defecated products” and it makes me laugh! 
The fundie life is so boring at times that I am amazed that it has any appeal at all. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

On 6/18/2020 at 8:49 PM, fundiebabez said:

Gil did a sermon on how to provide for a large family on no income a few years back.

A3A98C50-9F84-4007-AD9A-7B90F8B1470C.jpeg

Step One: sell sermons to shiftless grifters-in-training

Step Two: count on your gainfully-employed teenage son to supply groceries for the family

Step Three: allow the Duggars to renovate your inadequately sized home. On TLC's dime.   

Edited by Denim Jumper
  • Upvote 15

It just reminds me of one of my cousins that I was recently catching up with, who happens to be a Dave Ramsey loving fundie, and was going on about being debt-free in 18 more months, after paying off their mortgage early, not taking out loans for cars or their small renovation, not using credit cards, etc. And how maybe if I didn't work I could homeschool my children like she does. I have no specific beef with Dave Ramsey; not my thing, but nothing against if that's what works for her. But, I had a good laugh when my other cousin (her brother) mentioned that she was given a car by her parents, another car and the down payment for her house from her in-laws, and our grandmother quietly wrote her a check to cover most of the renovation. Shoot, it's easy to be debt-free when you've got everyone else paying for your shit!

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a more hideous dress. It's like someone took ugly curtains and decided what they needed was weird, giraffe-like splotches. 

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

This dress is really... something. Not even Katie's incredible looks can save it,

Posing with her hand like that makes her look as though she is calling someone for help to get her a new dress. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

I think the dress would look a lot better if there were no splotches on it and maybe if the neckline was a lot lower and squared.  I probably only like it because it reminds me of this colonial doll dress I had as a little girl. But of course they had to make it super ugly with those weird splotches that look like gross stains! 

I always wonder who designs these dresses! I highly doubt that the Bates girls do any of the designing.

• Upvote 6

I actually really love the pattern and color of this dress and would totally wear it if it were a sleeveless dress. The sleeves ruin the whole thing. I do wonder where they get all these clothes from because this dress doesn’t match their usual stretchy cotton polyester looking dresses and skirts. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Perrierwithlemon said:

I think the dress would look a lot better if there were no splotches on it and maybe if the neckline was a lot lower and squared.  I probably only like it because it reminds me of this colonial doll dress I had as a little girl. But of course they had to make it super ugly with those weird splotches that look like gross stains! 

I always wonder who designs these dresses! I highly doubt that the Bates girls do any of the designing.

I'd bet a good amount of money that the extent of their 'designing' is one of them going on something like Alibaba and bulk buying whatever they decide to sell. A lot of online boutiques are like this.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

I wonder if they researched their suppliers to make sure the clothes were being made in companies not guilty of human rights violations and inhumane conditions.

But I'm guessing they go on price and look.

• Upvote 11
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I wonder if they researched their suppliers to make sure the clothes were being made in companies not guilty of human rights violations and inhumane conditions.

But I'm guessing they go on price and look.

I'm sure if they were made by political prisoners in Chinese prisons the Bates would be fine with it. They have no morals. They're like Trump, who's totally on board with the Uighur concentration camps if it gets him what he wants.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

Just now, lumpentheologie said:

I'm sure if they were made by political prisoners in Chinese prisons the Bates would be fine with it. They have no morals. They're like Trump, who's totally on board with the Uighur concentration camps if it gets him what he wants.  

Exactly.  Who cares what happens to people (oftentimes young children) in sweatshops when you can make money keeping Christian women in clothes they can wear twice before they fall apart.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, ophelia said:

This dress is really... something. Not even Katie's incredible looks can save it,

This dress looks like some of my 1970s Barbie Doll dresses--flimsy bits of rayon and tinsel. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

Did you guys see that it looks like Abbie Duggar was around doing some modeling for Bates dress shop. I saw it on my Instagram. Dunno who forgot to screen shot she was with Carlin and someone else. I think it may have been Carlin reposting the other girl’s pic 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

That dress looks like something Kelly Jo would wear. Material looks like fiber glass.

Looks super itchy and one wear would be catching all over the place and ripping and need to be thrown out. Looks so cheap and nasty. By far their worst. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

You know what this has to be a close second. Pukey colour garbage cheap material stinky material doesn’t breath makes you sweat, Shows sweat marks and never not wrinkly. It’s a washed out green version of the dress Carlin wore the day before her wedding. Also the new hot pink one Whit is modelling is pretty puke worthy. They got a shit lot in this go round. 

8639779B-4571-4E79-B771-351E5E4DC3A4.png

• Upvote 2

My question is who writes the quotes? And how the fuck do they know who Coco Chanel is? 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

52 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

My question is who writes the quotes? And how the fuck do they know who Coco Chanel is? 

I think they just google “quotes about fashion/shopping/clothes”. There’s lots of websites that post lists of quotes. They just chose whichever quote sounds cute.

I used to do that some years ago to chose my captions for Instagram ?

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think a bot writes the quotes.  I think this whole "Bates Sisters Boutique" is just a front for an online shopping wholesaler.  I think all the Bates do is get to pick the clothes from a catalog , model them, & write SOME of the quotes--and then do the shipping. They are in no way involved in designing any of this dreck, or even their website. If you look at other online boutiques, especially ones touting modesty, you will see very similar web templates and some of the very same clothes (with the very same names).

For example: https://www.neeseesdresses.com/https://citrusandlemon.com/

You can even Google the names of the dresses and find them sold at other online boutiques.

For example: https://www.neeseesdresses.com/products/the-keily

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 5
  • Love 1

On 6/22/2020 at 10:15 AM, CarrotCake said:

It would be funny if he just came on stage and said: "you can make money by charging people to listen to you how to make money"

And then leave the stage. 

That would be far too honest and straightforward for him.

• Upvote 8

How can impeccable and fashionable Whitney, who actually has a great sense of style, wear such a “tiered fuchsia” monstrosity? What’s with these ruffles on the shoulders? And why does the dress becomes tighter around the middle and make the chest look like she’s not wearing a bra... Surely Whitney knows how ugly this looks?! Well, apparently it doesn’t bother her for some bucks... 

Spoiler

5F2DBB33-8003-41F6-8789-EA1DBD0ABCE8.jpeg.b8a0de792c0bed83beb971bb390c2479.jpeg

And now, here’s some brain bleach for you guys: :brainbleach:

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic