IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

Wait did anyone read their story?  Besides the fact that the grammar is HORRENDOUS, this part jumped out at me:

" I went to my RA and asked if he knew who the short brown girl was helping in registration, He went on to tell me her name and that I had no chance."

SHORT.BROWN.GIRL.

Am I strange for finding this very...WTF?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 10

3 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Wait did anyone read their story?  Besides the fact that the grammar is HORRENDOUS, this part jumped out at me:

" I went to my RA and asked if he knew who the short brown girl was helping in registration, He went on to tell me her name and that I had no chance."

SHORT.BROWN.GIRL.

Am I strange for finding this very...WTF?

I went and looked at their story after I read this and I know these people are racist, but damn there are just no words. The poor girl marrying this guy looks to have Asian ancestry, but of course, because she isn’t white he immediately others her. If I were him I may have asked who the short Asian girl was, but to label her as “brown” is just insulting in my opinion. I’d be so pissed if I were her and I read that story. Oh and to top it off, he ends it with “PS: this is my only job in the whole thing, to write my side of our story.” Like that’s his only job and he came up with that. I hate that their culture teaches girls that they have to put up with guys like that because it’s the first guy they dated. 

ETA: I also just went and looked at Crown’s dating rules....they’re definitely something else! Guys can’t even call their girlfriend before Sunday School in Sunday’s and they have certain times of the week where they can’t date. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
  • Upvote 14
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I went and looked at their story after I read this and I know these people are racist, but damn there are just no words. The poor girl marrying this guy looks to have Asian ancestry, but of course, because she isn’t white he immediately others her. If I were him I may have asked who the short Asian girl was, but to label her as “brown” is just insulting in my opinion. I’d be so pissed if I were her and I read that story. Oh and to top it off, he ends it with “PS: this is my only job in the whole thing, to write my side of our story.” Like that’s his only job and he came up with that. I hate that their culture teaches girls that they have to put up with guys like that because it’s the first guy they dated. 

ETA: I also just went and looked at Crown’s dating rules....they’re definitely something else! Guys can’t even call their girlfriend before Sunday School in Sunday’s and they have certain times of the week where they can’t date. 

I am still baffled that anyone old enough for „higher education“ would be following sich rules. The idea that an university exposes any form of extra rules on their students apart from following the countries law and scientific rules is completely laughable to me.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

My cousin in her twentys is studying at her local California college (state, not religious).  They did an away study in Europe for 6 weeks.   She wasn't allowed to visit me (in a next door country) because the college said she had to stay with her roomates at all times, and no one was allowed to go on weekend trips when there were no lessons.

I was pretty shocked that the college would try and do this and that she just accepted it.

My brother on the other hand is 18 and his first year at university.  They had a competition in a neighbouring country and the kids were left to find their own way there and be responsible adults about it. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2

3 hours ago, imokit said:

My cousin in her twentys is studying at her local California college (state, not religious).  They did an away study in Europe for 6 weeks.   She wasn't allowed to visit me (in a next door country) because the college said she had to stay with her roomates at all times, and no one was allowed to go on weekend trips when there were no lessons.

I was pretty shocked that the college would try and do this and that she just accepted it.

My alma mater, even in this day and age, has this rule for students.    Everyone except seniors must live in on-campus housing unless they met certain exceptions.  One being over 21 or having less than certain number of credits.   However they do require that students 18-21 must live with a parent or legal guardian within a certain distance.  If they do not obtain that exception they will be charged a penalty per semester.   Now we are talking about students, with rare exceptions, who are 18 or over and legal adults in the state.   Personally I think it's none of the school's business where adults should live and charge them if their specific living arrangements off campus are not "approved".  

Also they have their ways of keeping students stuck on campus by having rules where students should travel on weekends, for example they should only go home to parents/guardians.  Once again these are adults.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 5

Also, he says, “we have gone through some really tough times since then, self inflicted by me of course...”

WTF???

• Upvote 6

Is Crown accredited? Can't believe legal adults agree to these rules while living on campus. I wonder how fundies decide which college is best for them. There are others to choose from...and Crown should be at the bottom of the list.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Is Crown accredited? Can't believe legal adults agree to these rules while living on campus. I wonder how fundies decide which college is best for them. There are others to choose from...and Crown should be at the bottom of the list.

I think the adults agree because it’s either agree or be stuck at home not going to school. For the fundie women it is their way to meet GYM and fulfill their role as a wife and mother. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

5 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

It’s “accredited” by some transnational Christian college thing. So, not really. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

I noticed that the Bates didn’t promote their IBLP livestream segment anywhere. 

Still trying to make it seem like they’re not deep into the cult ?

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 9

On 4/24/2020 at 11:12 AM, VBOY9977 said:

*Snip* Ariana Balka also has her bridesmaids on her wedding website and Josie’s not one of them. 

Oooh, now that's some tea. Pretty darn shady.

Although honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if Josie didn't want to be a bridesmaid. Maybe she had something to do with Ariana's wedding day hair and make-up? Didn't she just start a business doing that stuff?

• Upvote 5

I looked at Josies bridal party again. I didn't see anyone that I recognized as Ariana as a bridesmaid in Josies bridal party. So I dont know if its shade  or  just a lot of girls  to choose from. 

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I looked at Josies bridal party again. I didn't see anyone that I recognized as Ariana as a bridesmaid in Josies bridal party. So I dont know if its shade  or  just a lot of girls  to choose from. 

Ariana was one of Josie’s bridesmaids. She is the one between Whitney and Katie in this picture I added. But I also don’t think it’s shade. Ariana has a small party and I’m sure she wanted the people she’s closer to in it. 

Spoiler

38B9F1CD-36F1-4B8D-B6FE-99113835A1A7.thumb.jpeg.af98be3272698be131a42708fd31c430.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Ariana was one of Josie’s bridesmaids. She is the one between Whitney and Katie in this picture I added. But I also don’t think it’s shade. Ariana has a small party and I’m sure she wanted the people she’s closer to in it. 

Hide contents

38B9F1CD-36F1-4B8D-B6FE-99113835A1A7.thumb.jpeg.af98be3272698be131a42708fd31c430.jpeg

WHOA! She looks like an attractive version of Kelton.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4

On 4/26/2020 at 2:15 PM, Johannah said:

Is it possible he meant to say brown-HAIRED girl?

I mean, her hair is either dark brown or black...but no, pretty sure he was referring to skin tone. Which surprises me much less than the fact that they are allowed to date someone from another race... I assumed they had rules similar to Bob Jones and other fundy schools on that matter (is it PCC that also does?).

• Upvote 5

I’m pretty sure you have to get both sets of parents consent before you can date someone of a different race at crown. I tried to find it but it looks like they have cleaned up their website. 

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

9 hours ago, scoutsadie said:

I mean, her hair is either dark brown or black...but no, pretty sure he was referring to skin tone. Which surprises me much less than the fact that they are allowed to date someone from another race... I assumed they had rules similar to Bob Jones and other fundy schools on that matter (is it PCC that also does?).

I think BJU did away with their interracial dating ban a while ago. I don't think PCC ever had any rules against this. (When you make PCC look progressive...)

You have to have any interracial dating/courting choices at Crown approved by your parents in writing. I'm always surprised this doesn't get more publicity since BJU's ban was well known (and criticized) back in the day. 

On 4/26/2020 at 9:45 AM, imokit said:

Was this a public university? I don't know how this could be legal. 

I studied abroad, and my college never even contacted me the whole time I was there. I just went where I felt like on the weekends and can't imagine having to check in with anyone. 

• Upvote 9

It doesn't sound like any California public institution I've known.  My daughter went to the UK for a university program from UCB nearly 20 years ago and there were no restrictions like that at all.  

• Upvote 7

Its a local collage in a big liberal southern Californian city - I think its public but I'm not sure.  Its definitely not religious, or an elite expensive institution,

I don't know how closely the program she was on was linked to the college (ie if it was just people from her college on it or people from a variety of American institutions).  It was admittedly  in a risque area of Europe, but the rules were certainly enforced while the students were on the program. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, imokit said:

Its a local collage in a big liberal southern Californian city - I think its public but I'm not sure.  Its definitely not religious, or an elite expensive institution,

I don't know how closely the program she was on was linked to the college (ie if it was just people from her college on it or people from a variety of American institutions).  It was admittedly  in a risque area of Europe, but the rules were certainly enforced while the students were on the program. 

I'm curious where this risque area of Europe is?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

50 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

I'm curious where this risque area of Europe is?

Ibiza??

• Haha 9

I was trying not be outing - but a place with a internationally famous red light district (along with clever high minded intellectual things which is why my cousin was there).

Ibiza is sadly just any English club town but hotter and with better sand and beaches.  Its not risque.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, imokit said:

I was trying not be outing - but a place with a internationally famous red light district (along with clever high minded intellectual things which is why my cousin was there).

Ibiza is sadly just any English club town but hotter and with better sand and beaches.  Its not risque.

Oh, I used to live in that risque place. And it's really just a normal place (well, actually quite wonderful!). I felt much safer there than I did when I lived in Southern California! 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

@bal maiden I really want to go.  I have no doubt its safe, however I'm sure there are many precious parents worried about its influence on their little darlings.  The course helpfully changed its free weekend at the last minute to a weekend where I was working, so I couldn't go visit her while she was out.

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic