IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

1 minute ago, FluffySnowball said:

How can impeccable and stylish Whitney, who actually has a great sense of style, wear such a “tiered fuchsia” monstrosity? Surely she knows how this dress looks?! Well, apparently it doesn’t bother her for some bucks... 

Hide contents

5F2DBB33-8003-41F6-8789-EA1DBD0ABCE8.jpeg.b8a0de792c0bed83beb971bb390c2479.jpeg

And now, here’s some brain bleach for you guys: :brainbleach:

Jr high me would have totally bought that dress.

in the 80s

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

You know what this has to be a close second. Pukey colour garbage cheap material stinky material doesn’t breath makes you sweat, Shows sweat marks and never not wrinkly. It’s a washed out green version of the dress Carlin wore the day before her wedding. Also the new hot pink one Whit is modelling is pretty puke worthy. They got a shit lot in this go round. 

8639779B-4571-4E79-B771-351E5E4DC3A4.png

That looks like my bathrobe!  I'm not kidding!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I think these are even worse.  Yay, a dress that makes me look pregnant and 12 at the same time.  Just what every woman wants! 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 6

1 minute ago, lumpentheologie said:

I think these are even worse.  Yay, a dress that makes me look pregnant and 12 at the same time.  Just what every woman wants! 

If they were a little longer I would have lived in those when I was pregnant.  

For those of you who follow them on SM, do they wear their clothes in their daily lives or are they only shown modeling them?

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

For those of you who follow them on SM, do they wear their clothes in their daily lives or are they only shown modeling them?

I haven't noticed any of these monstrosities on their personal accounts, but I don't follow them super closely. 

Katie in particular usually chooses clothes that show off her figure, which none of these do at all. 

For comparison: 

Edited by lumpentheologie
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 2

With to me doesn't really look so happy in those "dress" her smile looks so forced! Katie seems able to fake better. I have never seen any of these things on their personal account but I don't put much attention to what they wear usually. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

the only one i have seen is Carlin in one the day before her wedding and Kelly in a floral one that actually looks pretty nice on her. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

From the above. The floral one I have seen Kelly in and the pink one Carlin chose for her rehearsal before the wedding

Spoiler

D1FC0925-6947-44C7-8526-89EC32E4DF28.thumb.png.52dcdb7022495fd3a81488579240dc12.png

Spoiler

E21EDD9B-1F91-464D-90BE-104D40CC9046.thumb.png.435a5bdd6f1a1b92d7b7243b7ab45e26.png

• Upvote 5

Isnt this a version of that pink ruffle dress in this pic?

Erin also seems to wear more of these in real life, at least as sunday church dresses.

Why are all the captions so awful? 

Screenshot_20200625-130344_Instagram.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

21 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Good point! No they don't wear their clothes. They wear well fitting clothes, tight and trendy. They may be pictured with Bates Boutique dresses in a few pictures, but not in general.

Edited by Melissa1977
Add information
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 1

Not only do they not usually wear their own boutique’s clothes, they also make it seem like they still dress in the modest flowy dresses and skirts when that’s not how they dress at all. Almost all of the sisters who model for the boutique wear pants, which they don’t sell, and like @Melissa1977 said, they wear tight clothes. It’s just like they are, an outward lie that makes them look good to the humpers who think they’re such a wholesome family, when that’s not even close to what they are if you look past the Jesus talk and skirts on their show. 

Edited by JanasTattooParlor
Can’t spell!
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 1

On 6/20/2020 at 1:59 PM, Sheltie said:

I used to watch an older southern woman’s YouTube  Cooking channel.  When she passed away, her retired Air Force colonel son took the channel over.  He usually actually cooks but today he made a fried baloney sandwich with his daughter and he told her when he was in school they would serve fried baloney with mashed potatoes and cheese.

Probably not quite as fancy as this, from the G&R Tavern in Waldo, Ohio.

image.png.0064249a0ef07ea666d3eb86236eb79b.png

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

The same exact dresses are sold on Amazon. I've bought a few of the t shirt ones, they make good beach cover ups and I made one into a Halloween costume. The website is definitely a bot. If you type in 'stripped t shirt" into amazon you'll see like 10 "different" sellers selling the same exact shirt. It's all a front. I think there was an article about that. I can't find it. Apparently, it's the same with book sellers. If you're buying used books, you're just buying it from one store. It's just an appearance of multiple stores.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

I don’t like the dress itself, but I think Whitney looks pretty good in bright pink. Just me? ?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I think we have a winner for the most gawd awful dress yet ?

Spoiler

016B73E1-ED22-43DE-993E-5358B5F1FD14.thumb.jpeg.006d11d951227b6c8fa5ae90ade3c2a1.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 2

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think we have a winner for the most gawd awful dress yet ?

Hide contents

016B73E1-ED22-43DE-993E-5358B5F1FD14.thumb.jpeg.006d11d951227b6c8fa5ae90ade3c2a1.jpeg

Idk, looks comfy for covering up at the beach/pool or just hanging out at home.  I wouldn't wear it, but I'm old...and at least it looks comfy.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk, looks comfy for covering up at the beach/pool or just hanging out at home.  I wouldn't wear it, but I'm old...and at least it looks comfy.

At least there is pockets ?‍♀️

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It's so funny to me that a family that preaches modest dress sells dresses that I wouldn't be able to wear without worrying if I was going to show the world my undercarriage when I got in and out of a car, deep chair, or chasing a dog (kiddo in their world.)

I'm still scarred from the gust of wind that blew my long peasant skirt up in the parking lot of Aldi giving fellow shoppers more information than they needed to know about my underpants.  

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 13

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's so funny to me that a family that preaches modest dress sells dresses that I wouldn't be able to wear without worrying if I was going to show the world my undercarriage when I got in and out of a car, deep chair, or chasing a dog (kiddo in their world.)

I'm still scarred from the gust of wind that blew my long peasant skirt up in the parking lot of Aldi giving fellow shoppers more information than they needed to know about my underpants.  

From many of your posts, I have guessed that we are in the same age range (45-55), and this is why I still wear a half slip whenever I wear a skirt. Even had my best friend (late 50's at the time, guy who has never been married) order some for me from Amazon, since he frequently orders from them and I don't.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Earlier this spring I was really into a new sweater dress I bought - I wore it with leggings and felt like hot shit because I changed my eating habits and had lost a good amount of weight.  It was an unseasonably warm, humid day and I threw it on without leggings to run to the store and pick up some meds and... it was a lot shorter than I realized, but of course not until I was in the parking lot at the store and a gust of wind came up.  Thank god I'm practically a hermit in my town because I recognized nobody... although a few of them might recognize me now.  It couldn't have happened once the mask thing came into play, could it?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 21
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

From many of your posts, I have guessed that we are in the same age range (45-55), and this is why I still wear a half slip whenever I wear a skirt. Even had my best friend (late 50's at the time, guy who has never been married) order some for me from Amazon, since he frequently orders from them and I don't.

Yep - right age range.  I haven't owned a slip in decades but that's a great idea that never would have occured to me.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I may be in the minority on this, but I could care less if people see my underwear. IMO the whole reason we wear underwear is so our crotches are covered if some exposure happens. I get that people have different comfort levels but the idea that everyone should be horrified if people see some cloth that's covering their body seems like almost Victorian-level prudishness to me. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Earlier this spring I was really into a new sweater dress I bought - I wore it with leggings and felt like hot shit because I changed my eating habits and had lost a good amount of weight.  It was an unseasonably warm, humid day and I threw it on without leggings to run to the store and pick up some meds and... it was a lot shorter than I realized, but of course not until I was in the parking lot at the store and a gust of wind came up.  Thank god I'm practically a hermit in my town because I recognized nobody... although a few of them might recognize me now.  It couldn't have happened once the mask thing came into play, could it?

Look at it this way.  The witnesses probably wouldn't recognize your face unless they first saw your underwear again.

Just wear shorts under that dress in hot weather and the wind won't be a problem.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Love 1

While we're on the topic of ugly BSBoutique clothing, this is possibly the snarkiest, most-BEC comment I've ever made, but...

Spoiler

boob, sternum, boob 

(I'm so sorry, I'm on my way to the prayer closet now!)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 37
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic