IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

2 minutes ago, elf1590 said:

My vote is for a Josie pregnancy or Nathan courtship as the next announcement....now WHEN that happens, who knows lol

I have a feeling they will hold off on the Nathan announcement for a little bit. It would hurt the stock price a bit if he had another publicly failed attempt. 

Josie is really the only option for a pregnancy announcement. Alyssa is still dealing with follow up on her heart issue, Michaela has not been able to conceive, and the other girls just recently had babies so they won't be announcing for a little bit. 

Edited by rebeccawriter01
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, rebeccawriter01 said:

Josie is really the only option for a pregnancy announcement. Alyssa is still dealing with follow up on her heart issue, Michaela has not been able to conceive, and the other girls just recently had babies so they won't be announcing for a little bit. 

I tend to agree with you, @rebeccawriter01! It’s most likely the announcement is about Josie. But Erin seems to be super fertile so who knows... and Alyssa has been healed as far as we know so an announcement from the Websters wouldn’t surprise me all that much, either. A new pregnancy could be framed as God showing his mercy and love and there’s a light (well, a “sweet blessing” in fundy-speak) at the end of the tunnel. 

• Upvote 7

Anyone noticed the new Bates Sister Boutique marketing tags on Instagram?

I find them off putting and wonder ho they land with the fundie crowd..Some are offering random spiritual insight and others are oddly ...materialistic?

Spoiler

D999D094-BF69-4919-8215-0DCD99BD0379.png

5B31B582-11BA-4ABE-814F-61F18336995F.png

C1ED3AF9-D6D9-49BC-A84E-DD798953CD80.png

9B4E6F30-5360-4B07-BCB9-4FC7ADE517D9.png

8F893794-BEFB-4761-A5EB-5C14FD76D898.png

E5676170-0803-40E3-9ED9-5DA94B8DDC22.png

5D9B11C7-3609-4600-8863-1430EB39C678.png

F1B26B31-ED85-4799-8CE6-EFA6B0849C1E.png

Edited by Coconut Flan
Spoiler for multiple photos.
  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Stop knotting the shirts. It’s ugly and I wouldn’t wear it that way because I carry weight in my abdomen and prefer to cover it up.  If you can’t see how it hangs in the front, people aren’t going to buy it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Stop knotting the shirts. It’s ugly and I wouldn’t wear it that way because I carry weight in my abdomen and prefer to cover it up.  If you can’t see how it hangs in the front, people aren’t going to buy it.

The knot is most likely sewn into the shirt/dress, so you can't untie it. It's fairly trendy/common to see, so appeal won't be a problem.

I think most of their stuff looks tacky as shit though, jmo. So much polyester.

Edited by llg1234
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 3

Those posts are unreal. Isn’t that diametrically opposed to the concept of modesty and frugality? What happened to living debt-free and buy used save the difference? This is promoting mass consumerism for the benefit of the Bates wallet. How very Christ-like of them. And I still can’t get over the fact that they don’t even design or commission these clothes. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

When it comes to the holy dollar, morals become optional. That’s true for the Bates fam, for the Duggars and for most fundies in general. And the prosperity gospel just adds to this unhealthy relationship between their idea of God and money. However, the Bateses really show their true colors more and more. 

• Upvote 13

12 hours ago, Johannah said:

Isn’t that diametrically opposed to the concept of modesty and frugality? What happened to living debt-free and buy used save the difference?

In fact, it was a Duggar thing. Bates have always been grifters and their frugality was only because their poverty, but I don't remember they preached the debt-free salm. They have always looked comfortable spending money and their ridiculous "saving tips" have always been connected with the lack of money. They like to show themselves as well-off.

• Upvote 11

52 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

They like to show themselves as well-off.

Yep.  Easy to do now with TV money, but some of us will never forget their skinny horses, or passing off a scoop of mashed potatoes atop a sliced of fried bologna with American cheese as dinner for growing children.  

Meager meals they still needed Lawson to pay for.

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Yep.  Easy to do now with TV money, but some of us will never forget their skinny horses, or passing off a scoop of mashed potatoes atop a sliced of fried bologna with American cheese as dinner for growing children.  

Was that in an early 17KAC episode? Does anybody remember which one?

• Upvote 1

Those captions are pretty strange- especially the mix. The Jesus stuff has no connection to the items and the others captions sound as if they are really shallow, vain, superficial and empty headed. They are so bad- it’s not even funny. It’s a massive cringe fest. That has gone south pretty fast. Iirc they started out with normal captions and the clothes, while the same cheap tat, looked better? Maybe I am not up to speed with the current Fundie fashion?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, ophelia said:

Was that in an early 17KAC episode? Does anybody remember which one?

I've never watches a Bateesesess show on either network so I'd think it would have to be one of the counting shows.   

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Those captions are pretty strange- especially the mix. The Jesus stuff has no connection to the items and the others captions sound as if they are really shallow, vain, superficial and empty headed. They are so bad- it’s not even funny. It’s a massive cringe fest. That has gone south pretty fast. Iirc they started out with normal captions and the clothes, while the same cheap tat, looked better? Maybe I am not up to speed with the current Fundie fashion?

I am guessing the non-Jesus captions are just automatically generated by a Chinese bot. And yeah, I can't get over how cheap these clothes look. They look like they will fall apart with a couple of washes. Way to be good Christian stewards of the environment, Batessss.

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

In fact, it was a Duggar thing. Bates have always been grifters and their frugality was only because their poverty, but I don't remember they preached the debt-free salm. They have always looked comfortable spending money and their ridiculous "saving tips" have always been connected with the lack of money. They like to show themselves as well-off.

Well in the episode where Chad and Erin looked at fixer upper properties Chad said he didn’t believe in debt or borrowing funds so they wouldn’t be able to buy a property for a while.

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

It's an ATI thing, the Duggars didnt start it, and the Bates are high up in that Gothard tea. So I think it's a pretty fair assumption they are also against debt.

• Upvote 13
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

These “boutiques” are all over the internet and my area. They are just imported clothing but some reason people think they are buying something special because they got it from a “boutique”. Meanwhile I am not buying anything because the ones around here take pictures in mirrors with their phones, it’s not hard to get someone else to take a picture especially when there’s four of you, and I am not going to pay $40 for a shirt that costs $10 at Walmart/Target. The quality is crappy because no one wears the tops more than 3/4 times. 

• Upvote 10

On 6/18/2020 at 8:49 PM, fundiebabez said:

Gil did a sermon on how to provide for a large family on no income a few years back.

A3A98C50-9F84-4007-AD9A-7B90F8B1470C.jpeg

Has anyone listened to this drivel? What could he possibly say besides grifting? And charging people to listen to your “financial” seminar?

Also, why??? Why and how can you possibly justify that able-bodied people forgo a salary when they are perfectly capable of earning one???

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

I think are terrible verses in the Bible that say exactly what fundies say they say. However, i have never, ever encountered a Bible verse that offered anything but condemnation for refusal to work. Not one. 

Edited by Pecansforeveryone
Add a word
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 7

On 6/18/2020 at 1:06 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I used to watch an older southern woman’s YouTube  Cooking channel.  When she passed away, her retired Air Force colonel son took the channel over.  He usually actually cooks but today he made a fried baloney sandwich with his daughter and he told her when he was in school they would serve fried baloney with mashed potatoes and cheese.

• Upvote 3

On 6/20/2020 at 11:09 AM, Johannah said:

Has anyone listened to this drivel? What could he possibly say besides grifting? And charging people to listen to your “financial” seminar?

Also, why??? Why and how can you possibly justify that able-bodied people forgo a salary when they are perfectly capable of earning one???

Hipocrisy unlimited. First of all, for years Gil was feeding his children because Lawson's earnings!!! So yes, sure, it's possible to support a family without a salary...if the children are working themselves!!! And not forget he was *supporting a family* who had no health insurance. Great.

All Gil's sons-in-law are working men and the only one who was a wannabe preacher and earned no salary was encouraged to quit and join Kelton's plumbing company (or Chad's, I don't remember). Chad also employs a couple young Bates. Zach has a salary and Trace will probably be a policeman, too. So they don't seem very confident in Gil's counseling.

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

Since we're back on this topic, I really can't blame Lawson for not getting married. The poor guy has already feed and raised a family. What he's doing now, most do in college. He's traveling, taking selfies, not worrying about the major things. Because he's already done that. Bank of Lawson doesn't want to pay for 10 more kids that he can't give back to mom and dad at the end of the week.

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

Since we're back on this topic, I really can't blame Lawson for not getting married. The poor guy has already feed and raised a family. What he's doing now, most do in college. He's traveling, taking selfies, not worrying about the major things. Because he's already done that. Bank of Lawson doesn't want to pay for 10 more kids that he can't give back to mom and dad at the end of the week.

If Lawson married, as a man, he could choose not to have kids or to have only a few if he wanted. He can also still travel if he wants. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

If Lawson married, as a man, he could choose not to have kids or to have only a few if he wanted. He can also still travel if he wants. 

Yes, he technically can make that decision. The problem is that I don't know that he would see it as a decision he could make. While he has broader experiences and horizons than most of his siblings, he is still very much surrounded by people who equate marriage as having multiple children, stay at home wife, husband supporting, etc. 

While he has bucked the traditions of IBLP in being single at his age, I don't know that he has it in him to continue that thumbing his nose at his parents' and siblings' lifestyles. 

• Upvote 17

Regarding the issue of how one can support a family without a salary, how is doing such a thing even fulfilling?

Parents normally want their children to grow up in a good financial situation. And by that, I don’t mean unhinged consumerism, but good and sufficient nutrition and money for education (books, the occasional theatre visit, educational trips to museums, etc.) and experiences (holidays, cinema, trips with friends, occasionally going out as a family to celebrate a birthday)... 

The laziness and selfishness of the Bates parents is beyond me. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic