IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

2 hours ago, bal maiden said:

Oh, I used to live in that risque place. And it's really just a normal place (well, actually quite wonderful!). I felt much safer there than I did when I lived in Southern California! 

I pretty much feel safer ANYWHERE in Europe vs. an American city. 

• Upvote 11
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Randomly noticed  the Batesfam don’t follow Jill dugagar on Instagram. When I went to check if Jill follows them, I noticed she follows Chaney and that the Batesfam no longer follow her. 
I do look At the Instagram, I am not a super stalker I promise. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

Randomly noticed  the Batesfam don’t follow Jill dugagar on Instagram. When I went to check if Jill follows them, I noticed she follows Chaney and that the Batesfam no longer follow her. 
I do look At the Instagram, I am not a super stalker I promise. 

I've always found who follows who on Instagram to be a bit... reaching? I'm not sure of the word I'm looking for. 

Batesfam only follows 40 accounts and they also don't follow Joken, JinJer or SiRen (I usually hate the portmanteaus but am feeling especially lazy today) 

It's interesting that they don't follow Jill but given their small follower list I'm not sure I would really think much into it. 

It's interesting that of the few Bates accounts I did look at none follow Jill. But still not enough to make me think anything is amiss. I can't see them being any more aghast at Jill than say Alyssa or Whitney. 

• Upvote 10

When a bunch of kids from my high school did an exchange to France when I was 17 the school tried to tell us we weren't allowed to drink at all. Like not even a glass of wine at dinner with our host families. I definitely wasn't the only one who totally ignored that, lol. 

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, lumpentheologie said:

When a bunch of kids from my high school did an exchange to France when I was 17 the school tried to tell us we weren't allowed to drink at all. Like not even a glass of wine at dinner with our host families. I definitely wasn't the only one who totally ignored that, lol. 

We had the "no drinking on school trips" rule too. And ignored it. The teachers accompanying us must have known, but usually looked the other way as long as things did not get out of control. In fact I only remember students being sent home for drinking on one occasion. It was on a week long skiing trip we went on as part of our PE class. Some of the guys got so drunk that they were unable to get out of bed for skiing the next morning. (I think some sort of game or bet was involved) They were sent home and suspended for a week. It might have been because they drank vodka and Schnaps, which is illegal when you are under 18. Beer and wine is allowed from 16, but you have to be 18 for anything stronger than that.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know who the young woman who is now featured in the Bates Sister Boutique is?  I don't recognize her. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BeccaGrim said:

Does anyone know who the young woman who is now featured in the Bates Sister Boutique is?  I don't recognize her. 

Gil’s niece (his brother’s daughter). Her name is Kat.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

There are currently no pregnant Bateses, correct? Who do we think will announce next? Alyssa has gone the longest without having a baby, but she may be preventing due to her heart issue. Next up is Josie. We don’t know yet how quickly her fertility returns, but she’s so young that it’s probably going to be soon.

Watching the new episode, Bradley and Carson are adorable together - they’re still so little! At the time of filming, Carson had just turned five and Bradley was still four. They already (now, not when the episode was filmed) have a dozen younger cousins! 

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 2

Don't forget about Tori. She's pretty forgettable but she had those boys closer together than I thought. My hope is that none of them will announce before their youngest turns one. 

That does make Josie next but I'm hoping for bigger gaps for her. 

Edited by Babysitter
  • Upvote 7

I’m hoping that Alyssa’s on going medical issues will mean that she has a long “rest” from further pregnancies. She has a serious, potentially life threatening condition which I hope will be enough to cause her to actively prevent any pregnancies. I think John said, during a talking head a long time ago, that he would let Alyssa determine how many children they had. I don’t see him being difficult about preventing. However, these are fundies, so who knows? This anniversary staycation may result in the pitter patter of tiny feet. But John seems as if he would want to protect Alyssa from potential issues arising from her heart condition. I think it is a major concern in their lives and I wouldn’t be surprised if they decide that, for the foreseeable future, they are done. Having said all that there will probably be a pregnancy announcement in the fall, but I really hope not (for the sake of Alyssa’s health).

• Upvote 9

Tori, Josie and Erin are "scheduled" next. The three seem to be super fertile, but Josie is the only one without any pregnancy issues so i am going to bet on her. Also she and Kelton struck me as the kind of couple that wants to have their children close in age together and then be done with it.

Alyssa too, but they said in their youtube channel that they were waiting for the doctors all clear before having another baby, so its dificult to predict when that will be. I think they will try for the boy if they can.

• Upvote 10

Pleasantly surprised to see the young Bateses shirtless and wearing sleeveless shirts. I hope they know it’s ok if they want to be comfortable when it’s too hot outside. 

ETA: Btw I just noticed Alyssa deleted this

Spoiler

58BC8E94-46FB-445B-BA2F-6F6680F1C88B.thumb.jpeg.e46ef5a70266b213517149125517ff20.jpeg
4BA86E76-CD91-4895-A92D-714E2DBF4373.thumb.jpeg.35f466eb7a31fd1bda2204d61373936a.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

Wait though is Addaallee (did I spell that anywhere close?) wearing a jean skirt on the beach?!

• Upvote 4

Such a great and normal thing to do! Now if we could have a Bates KISS before the wedding, I would be even happier. Sunblock by the gallon for this crew?

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, candygirl200413 said:

Wait though is Addaallee (did I spell that anywhere close?) wearing a jean skirt on the beach?!

I think it’s a swim skirt (?). Alyssa is definitely wearing a white jean skirt though

• Upvote 1

Screenshot_20200602-221457.png.a5880f36fd91f2552e7178a26c5062aa.png

I was waiting for one of the Bates to break out the "blue lives matter" line- I'm surprised it took them this long! Especially with Lawson constantly posting videos to his story of police officers being injured in protests (conveniently ignoring the thousands of protesters who've been shot at and tear gassed so far by cops.) I thought that Zach and Whitney would be all over the blue lives matter thing, since she's posted that in the past, but they seem to be showing restraint.

I especially love what Kelly wrote about police "battling great conflict right now". Straight out of Trump's tweets.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

Thank you I had a Hub that somebody had caught that and posted it here I’m in the process of unfollowing all these morons on Twitter and Instagram

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20200602-221457.png.a5880f36fd91f2552e7178a26c5062aa.png

I was waiting for one of the Bates to break out the "blue lives matter" line- I'm surprised it took them this long! Especially with Lawson constantly posting videos to his story of police officers being injured in protests (conveniently ignoring the thousands of protesters who've been shot at and tear gassed so far by cops.) I thought that Zach and Whitney would be all over the blue lives matter thing, since she's posted that in the past, but they seem to be showing restraint.

I especially love what Kelly wrote about police "battling great conflict right now". Straight out of Trump's tweets.

This may be BEC, but notice how Kelly doesn't even use all the skin color options for the cops! 

• Upvote 4

Oh, good I was wondering when the Bates were going to vacation again. ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

On 5/31/2020 at 11:01 PM, Angelface said:

I’m hoping that Alyssa’s on going medical issues will mean that she has a long “rest” from further pregnancies. She has a serious, potentially life threatening condition which I hope will be enough to cause her to actively prevent any pregnancies. I think John said, during a talking head a long time ago, that he would let Alyssa determine how many children they had. I don’t see him being difficult about preventing. However, these are fundies, so who knows? This anniversary staycation may result in the pitter patter of tiny feet. But John seems as if he would want to protect Alyssa from potential issues arising from her heart condition. I think it is a major concern in their lives and I wouldn’t be surprised if they decide that, for the foreseeable future, they are done. Having said all that there will probably be a pregnancy announcement in the fall, but I really hope not (for the sake of Alyssa’s health).

According to them, Alyssa is healed. So I think they are going to try for the baby boy. They look overwhelmed and bored with parenthood, but family pressure must be hard for them. And a boy would be soooo cuuuute to dress matchy matchy with dad!!!! (#irony).

Jokes aside, I think it's pretty obvious that they have been preventing not only between surgeries, but even before, when Alyssa was feeling sick but had no idea what was happening. They are responsible enough not to have an enormous family they cannot handle, and responsible enough not to put Alyssa in risk. If she gets pregnant, it's because doctors say it's ok.

I predict a 4th (and last) baby for Alyssa soon. 

Next pregnancy, after Alyssa, will be Erin. 

Whitney, Tori and Carlin getting pregnant at the end of 2020, beginning of 2021. Josie? Maybe the last one of all of them.

• Upvote 13

• Coconut Flan locked this topic