IGNORED

Bates 28: Defected Products Courtesy of the SOTDRT

HerNameIsBuffy

5 hours ago, Johannah said:

Isn’t jealousy a sin?

Also, how is it okay to show off and accentuate your calves with high heels, but knees are defrauding?

Only knees to shoulders can be defrauding. Michelle Duggar is under the impression that no one could find feet attractive so they don’t worry about it. I think it was the episode where they were shopping for shoes for jills wedding. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

Did anyone catch this on the main Bates Family instagram? Under a photo of Addee holding flowers:

(read towards the end, what should be a last paragraph)

6F3B7202-8E1F-43D5-AEA0-8F014C5C4B4E.png

Edited by front hugs > duggs
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 2

As if being a pre-teen/teen isn’t hard enough, they heaped on a load of Jesus guilt to Addee with a dash of public embarrassment on social media. Shows their true colors. Sounds like Addee may be going through what Carlin did-  a lot of self doubt. I feel badly for her. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Did anyone catch this on the main Bates Family instagram? Under a photo of Addee holding flowers:

ba ha ha ha i read a few lines, went, fuck that and tuned out. read no more. totally missed that gem at the end. I think these kinds of self doubts are more of a "journey" story. I would be interested to actually hear the conversation about her doubts. 

As someobne who has never had that "journey" i can't imagine what the doubts would be 

maybe someone who has been through it can enlighten me

Is it something along the lines of is he even real? Why does he let shit things happen.

Do you think the bates kids would have a "deep" thought crisis and really think of some flaws in their taught beliefs or have more of a "superficial' crisis because they know it is needed to be had in order to "be saved" and have a story to tell about being saving

I know my thought process in this comment is as clear as mud. Sorry I am not caffeinated. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

On 4/14/2020 at 7:00 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

This was posted in the comments. When I looked at the picture it looked like Addee received flowers from a boy friend or for her birthday. A2ED1B53-EFE7-4F20-A5E9-6AF342103B1E.thumb.png.84fea76b86e8619f90aa80cb0a06fc06.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

6 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

This was posted in the comments. When I looked at the picture it looked like Addee received flowers from a boy friend or for her birthday. A2ED1B53-EFE7-4F20-A5E9-6AF342103B1E.thumb.png.84fea76b86e8619f90aa80cb0a06fc06.png

That’s such a bullshit non answer. She sure knows how to answer tough questions these days. She would have had a different answer ten years ago.

• Upvote 27
  • Love 2

“I would hope I could honestly say that I love them unconditionally”.
Well clearly you don’t if that’s your answer, Kelly. What kind of parent doesn’t automatically unconditionally love their kid? Wow. 

ETA: she couldn’t just say “I love my kids unconditionally and I hope, as a Christian, that my kids all remain Christians, but my love for them remains the same” ?

Edited by mstee
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 3

I could see not loving my kid anymore if they turned out to be a child molester or something (caveat being that I don't have kids so I really don't know). But unfortunately fundies think that being a non-Christian is worse than being a child molester, so I guess there you go...

• Upvote 15

"She had a burden liftened" well yeah only because they as parents put a burden on her in the first place. Maybe this is my atheist mindset, and I am not trying to offend anyone, but scaring children with hell/fire/the idea of sin is, in my opinion, abuse.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 5

8 hours ago, Timetraveler said:

"She had a burden liftened" well yeah only because they as parents put a burden on her in the first place. Maybe this is my atheist mindset, and I am not trying to offend anyone, but scaring children with hell/fire/the idea of sin is, in my opinion, abuse.

I do believe in spiritual/religious abuse and I think many fundies abuse their children in this way. I would say it’s most similar to emotional abuse.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 1

On 4/16/2020 at 12:36 AM, Timetraveler said:

That is exactly what I'm thinking. A kid that age should be carefree and not have ''spiritual burdens''.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

23 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

That is exactly what I'm thinking. A kid that age should be carefree and not have ''spiritual burdens''.

How old is she?  I used to have nightmares and genuine anxiety about heaven/hell and sin even before my mom went fundy-lite.  I was 8 when she did and I was physically sick more than once panicking because I never got that inner peace from being "saved" at VBS.  Between ages 7-about 11 I must have "accepted Jesus" thousands of times thinking I was getting it wrong because I never felt saved.  And terrified of hell...for me...for my Catholic family....ghosts of my past still pop up sometimes where I'm so scared of my own journey to hell I can't deal.  I just no longer think it applies to anyone else.  It really is a mindfuck.

I remember crying until I vomited that's how afraid I was of my sins sending me to hell at 7.  What the hell could any 7 year old do to deserve hell?  Crazier - my mom never believed in that part and would always try to reassure me.  This all came from her crazy church.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 1
  • Love 16

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How old is she?  I used to have nightmares and genuine anxiety about heaven/hell and sin even before my mom went fundy-lite.  I was 8 when she did and I was physically sick more than once panicking because I never got that inner peace from being "saved" at VBS.  Between ages 7-about 11 I must have "accepted Jesus" thousands of times thinking I was getting it wrong because I never felt saved.  And terrified of hell...for me...for my Catholic family....ghosts of my past still pop up sometimes where I'm so scared of my own journey to hell I can't deal.  I just no longer think it applies to anyone else.  It really is a mindfuck.

I remember crying until I vomited that's how afraid I was of my sins sending me to hell at 7.  What the hell could any 7 year old do to deserve hell?  Crazier - my mom never believed in that part and would always try to reassure me.  This all came from her crazy church.

Oh babe, I want to cuddle and console 7 year old you xoxoxox 

poor little love 

• Love 10

Regarding Addallee. Obviously the post only shows Kelly's point of view and she's a hypocrite, so we don't know the truth. In my opinion (speculation****), they took a teenager with doubts and made her clear than she will only be loved if she is a deep religious girl. Surely we will see posts about how megafundie Addallee is, that she is commited to read the Bible in a week or see her fasting or whatever. I'm concerned for her, because Gil and Kelly may be using some kind of spiritual training (AKA ugly brainwashing techniques) with her. In fact, they need to set an example so the youngest 4 understand that doubts are bad.

• Upvote 11

Addallee's doubts were likely her last remaining critical thinking cells asking questions. Kelly may even "test" her kids for critical thinking ability and, if some critical thinking is discovered, smack it out of them. (Not literal smacking, just a phrase I use.) And a big yes to using her as an example to the younger four. Ugh and blech.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 3

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

Addallee's doubts were likely her last remaining critical thinking cells asking questions. Kelly may even "test" her kids for critical thinking ability and, if some critical thinking is discovered, smack it out of them. (Not literal smacking, just a phrase I use.) And a big yes to using her as an example to the younger four. Ugh and blech.

It reminds me too much of my ex-fiancé from back in my early 20s. He changed churches and searched for his place in religion like most people change their underwear. One way he tried and sometimes succeeded in manipulating me was to tell me about these dreams and visions he would have of me burning in hell and how he just wanted to protect me. That protection came in the form of preventing me from seeing my friends and family he felt were not firm in their beliefs. I am (as my name suggests a writer). He burned manuscripts and journals of mine because they were at odds with the relationship he thought I should have with God. He wanted me to join him at church where they talked in tongues, passed out, etc. There was other abuse too, but I remember the religious tinged stuff the most. 

I feel for Addallee and the others because it is a form of control and acceptance by the parents. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 6
  • Love 9

IIRC the same thing happened with Carlin. She was having doubts too. They quickly beat that out of her.

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 4

I always had doubts about being a Christian growing up. I kept them to myself because I got tired of being told the same answer: the Bible says so it’s true. I became really good at playing the role. Saying the right things. I never would have gotten in trouble for not believing I just would have been forced to keep being a Christian. When I came out as an atheist my mom freaked out. She still loves me but she constantly makes me feel bad about it. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

Omg at the Bates Instagram happy birthday to Chad— how unkempt must their house be if he comes over and immediately starts sweeping? ?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, princessmahina said:

Omg at the Bates Instagram happy birthday to Chad— how unkempt must their house be if he comes over and immediately starts sweeping? ?

Josie said in a video that the house was always dirty. 

• Upvote 13

On 4/14/2020 at 9:53 PM, AussieKrissy said:

As someobne who has never had that "journey" i can't imagine what the doubts would be 

maybe someone who has been through it can enlighten me

Is it something along the lines of is he even real? Why does he let shit things happen.

Yes, yes and more. As others have said, it's spiritual abuse and fear. It's using "faith" as fire insurance.  As a kid at 7yrs, I surely didn't understand a personal relationship with God the father(throw in a debilitating abandonment issue and weird improper experiences with men, and you have a disaster). 

I'm 55, and JUST THIS YEAR have become somewhat comfortable with a personal higher power. It's a weird, difficult and a struggle some days, but here I am, unwilling to let fear govern my life anymore!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 8

On 4/19/2020 at 9:52 PM, FundMe said:

Yes, yes and more. As others have said, it's spiritual abuse and fear. It's using "faith" as fire insurance.  As a kid at 7yrs, I surely didn't understand a personal relationship with God the father(throw in a debilitating abandonment issue and weird improper experiences with men, and you have a disaster). 

I'm 55, and JUST THIS YEAR have become somewhat comfortable with a personal higher power. It's a weird, difficult and a struggle some days, but here I am, unwilling to let fear govern my life anymore!

Another 7 year old I just wanna scoop up, cuddle and protect xoxoxo

• Upvote 1
  • Love 9

32 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Another 7 year old I just wanna scoop up, cuddle and protect xoxoxo

Your little girl is very lucky to have you for a mom.  I hope she's doing well with all that's going on.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 2

I just noticed that Crown College pal Devonna Killin is getting married in West Virginia in July, to a fellow Crown Collegeite: https://www.theknot.com/us/warren-gallatin-and-devonna-killin-jul-2020

I think she was bridesmaid to at least one Bates girl--maybe Tori or Carlin?

Anyway, it will be interesting to see which Bates go up to the wedding.

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I just noticed that Crown College pal Devonna Killin is getting married in West Virginia in July, to a fellow Crown Collegeite: https://www.theknot.com/us/warren-gallatin-and-devonna-killin-jul-2020

I think she was bridesmaid to at least one Bates girl--maybe Tori or Carlin?

Anyway, it will be interesting to see which Bates go up to the wedding.

She has her bridesmaids on the wedding website. Tori is one. Ariana Balka also has her bridesmaids on her wedding website and Josie’s not one of them. 

ETA Devonna’s wedding party isn’t there anymore but i had checked it a while back and Tori was there 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic