IGNORED

Seewalds 43: Pants may Have Been Worn Or Not

HerNameIsBuffy

Did TLC ever get around to Ivy's birth?  Is this YouTube thing a way of telling everyone TLC is done with them until something interesting happens, like Jana or a couple howlers get married. 

I've always wondered how these people so openly lie and be so dishonest and reconcile that with their fucked up version of faith? They lie when they say they don't lie. How many times can you use the "my doctor was on vacation" to justify their stupidity,  to essentially have  free births (free birth has nothing to do with money, it is women who choose to have their babies without any medical supervision). Anna did it with Kenzy, Jessa did it with Ivy. Jill & Joy pulled the "oh the baby was breach" because they felt they needed specific reason as to why they had c/sections, instead of just saying, they were unable to successfully deliver vaginally because, some times you just can't.  We all know in their cult you need to be able to birth like bunnies, and I guess c/sections are seen as a failure of their womanhood, so they need excuses like "breach babies".   

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, lizzybee said:

FWIW, I'm pretty sure when she got up to lay down Ivy she was wearing pants. Jessa Seewald: secret pants wearer.

She totally is and tried to hide it with some strategic editing.

Jessa, two of your sisters wear pants. No one's going to burn you at the stake for doing so too!

• Upvote 8

My friend K just had her second baby. She could not breastfeed the baby enough to fill his little tummy. She called me crying when the baby was a couple of weeks old...he was HUNGRY. It turns out that when she had scoliosis surgery some nerves got jacked up and it affected her ability to breastfeed. That baby is now a 3 month old chunk of a happy baby...his tummy is full and then he fills his diapers. 

I was pretty successful in the breastfeeding thing...however, with the first 2, I'd whip out a bottle (of formula) if I had to. The third...it was either mama or nothing. Drove me fkn nuts. 

Look, fill one end, empty the other. At the ages my brats are (37, 32 & 29) it makes absolutely NO difference how they've been fed. The EBF kid had a host of allergies. He was the only one. Kid #2 was eating burgers and fries at 6 months. Kid #1 was fed sauerkraut at 6 weeks by my grandmother. Neither #1 or #2 are any the worse for wear for getting table food as infants. The guidelines change constantly. When #1 was born, the guidelines were that babies got cereal at about 2 months. By the time I got to #2 (4 1/2 years later), things had changed to where you weren't supposed to give them solids until 4 months or so. I think #3 is when they started postponing food to about 6 months. The "guidelines" said that once you transitioned off formula you could NOT give them full fat milk, 2% was ok, but 1% was better. My brats got full strength cow's milk. All three are slender, well #1 isn't 110 lbs anymore but she's in her late 30's. So, by the time the kids hit 30 it doesn't matter AT ALL how they were fed as infants. 

Now, y'all STOP this bullshit over feeding babies. 

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 1
  • Love 8

Discussion of why people are downvoting stuff needs to cease immediately. If you want to discuss downvotes, take it to CD. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

15 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

Mystery solved. She wears pants at home. Clearly visible in the diy changing table youtube video.

Dear God am I grateful for these kinds of inane mysteries right now, truly.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Kelsey said:

Mystery solved. She wears pants at home. Clearly visible in the diy changing table youtube video.

At home and at least occasionally with the Seewalds. I still maintain it's her hair, ring, and pants leg in the farewell video for Ben's granddad. Wasn't expecting to see pants so clearly in the changing table video after the careful edits to the birth story clip though!

• I Agree 1

5 hours ago, Kelsey said:

And to think she is the one that used to charge people to hear her lecture them on skirt wearing modest dressing. Perhaps she’ll now charge people to hear her explain why she’s changed her mind. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

13 hours ago, Kelsey said:

WHITE sweat pants, while she is painting . ?‍♀️

I was watching "My 600 Lb Life" tonight, and in the corner a promo for "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta" kept popping in. The little captions said "making sure the bride and the bridesmaids are happy" or something like that, and I could've sworn at one point they showed Jessa. Does anyone know if there is any reason why Jessa would be on that show, or am I just imagining things in a boredom-from-social-distancing-induced haze?

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

I was watching "My 600 Lb Life" tonight, and in the corner a promo for "Say Yes to the Dress: Atlanta" kept popping in. The little captions said "making sure the bride and the bridesmaids are happy" or something like that, and I could've sworn at one point they showed Jessa. Does anyone know if there is any reason why Jessa would be on that show, or am I just imagining things in a boredom-from-social-distancing-induced haze?

Her sister-in-law was on it choosing a dress.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

29 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

She went with Ben's sister Jessica

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

310?cb=20191113020943

I'm happy she chose the dress she wanted. Glad to see that Ben's family doesn't make their adult daughters dress weird.

This also shows that Ben isn't really any "headship". His family doesn't have weird dress code rules, especially for adults, so why wouldn't he be more relaxed in what his wife wears like the other non-Duggar husband's? Even though Ben and Jessa are married adults with a boatload of children they are definitely still all up under JimBob.

You can easily see in this picture of Ben's parents and siblings that the women and girls are not required to wear dresses/skirts. Ben is no headship and is more of a Duggar than a Seewald.

Edited by Thumper
  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Thumper said:

310?cb=20191113020943

I'm happy she chose the dress she wanted. Glad to see that Ben's family doesn't make their adult daughters dress weird.

This also shows that Ben isn't really any "headship". His family doesn't have weird dress code rules, especially for adults, so why wouldn't he be more relaxed in what his wife wears like the other non-Duggar husband's? Even though Ben and Jessa are married adults with a boatload of children they are definitely still all up under JimBob.

You can easily see in this picture of Ben's parents and siblings that the women and girls are not required to wear dresses/skirts. Ben is no headship and is more of a Duggar than a Seewald.

I think the original plan was that Ben would become some sort of pastor or minister - remember’Seewald Family Ministries’ ? It’s all gone a bit quiet on that front and from what we’ve seen Ben is helping to teach the younger children. 
This makes them financially dependent on JB so it really doesn’t matter what Ben thinks - Jessa will be seen to wear skirts & dresses . If her YouTube channel takes off & she gets plenty of ads she may relax the rules a little more. 

• Upvote 3

Ben likes working with kids and would like a ministry to work with kids. What if his calling is to be a teacher? He could get his degree, a job in a Christian school and his kids could attend free or definitely with a reduction. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, Markie said:

Ben likes working with kids and would like a ministry to work with kids. What if his calling is to be a teacher? He could get his degree, a job in a Christian school and his kids could attend free or definitely with a reduction. 

Yes he could do all that but then he’d have to have the self discipline of study and not be available for every family gathering and trip- plus where’s the money coming from while he studies?. 
He was so young & infatuated when he married- I think he saw Jessa & easy money and didn’t think of the down side. 
Derick, Jeremy & Austin have distanced themselves in their own way. I’m fairly sure Jeremy would cut the Counting On appearances if he could secure something else ( I think he does like the fame and cash) & I think it’s Joy’s loyalty that keeps them on the show. 
I think Ben is stuck- they have 3 small children, his wife is used to a certain standard of living & at the moment the only way to maintain that is by being JB’s bitch. Exactly how JB wanted it.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Ben does have an associates degree and enrolled in Moody online about 3 years ago. He used to mention studying every so often on his SM posts, but recently, nothing. I think he dropped out.

• Upvote 3

27 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Ben does have an associates degree and enrolled in Moody online about 3 years ago. He used to mention studying every so often on his SM posts, but recently, nothing. I think he dropped out.

I thought he was working towards a degree. They have never mentioned what Ben’s job is. Does anyone know?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Markie said:

I thought he was working towards a degree. They have never mentioned what Ben’s job is. Does anyone know?

As said above he used to mention being in college & posted pictures working online in a coffee shop but that was a few years ago. They never mention what he does but he was seen on the last CO series apparently teaching the Duggar kids at the big house - he’s certainly better qualified to do that than any of the Duggar offspring. 

This comes up every couple of months, I feel like. There was one segment of Ben helping with lessons one day at the big house with the little ones. As far as I know, we've never been given reason to believe that this was an ongoing arrangement. I'm not even sure the Duggars are capable of arranging things long-term! Ben might teach a lesson every once in awhile. There is no reason to believe he is leading the homeschooling.

What we know:

He has an associate degree in political science from a real, public community college. He graduated with that in May 2015. Sometime around 2016, he said he was a student at Moody Bible Institute.

The distance learning bachelor's degrees at Moody's all take 5(!) years to complete. They don't seem to have general education requirements, so his credits from his Associates would not help cut down that time. There are several certificate or associate options that take 1-2.5 years. Moody's is actually accredited for real and is generally well-regarded in many Christian denominations. 

We have not been given an update on Ben's education or work and we were never told what he was studying. We know he works on Counting On. If we believe Derick, that means he and Jessa receive their compensation through Jim Bob and not TLC. 

(before COVID-19) Ben could probably go out and get a job fairly easily just on the strength of the associates degree. If he'd married someone whose last name wasn't Duggar, I'm positive he would have a job. Their laziness and entitlement infects most of those who marry in. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

On Jessa’s house tour video, which was recent, she showed Ben’s office area for studying, which is in the boys’ bedroom. So I took that to mean he is still enrolled in some type of courses.

• Upvote 4

It seems strange to me to have a study area set up in the boys bedroom... what about naps, etc..? I get trying to make due with a small space and but when we lived in a small space we put my husband's desk in the master bedroom because it was easier for me just to stay out of our room while he was working and then the kids (who were babies/toddlers at the time) could go to bed and nap as needed. Plus I could grab changes of clothes or whatever they needed without disturbing his work. The toys and such were just in the living room as they were too young to play unsupervised anyway.

• Upvote 4

Anyone think it’s odd that all the Duggar son-in-laws but Austin are continuing with higher education (I’m going on the assumption that Ben is) and none of the sons are? I can see how right now it may seem unnecessary to the Duggar boys, but in another ten years it will be interesting to compare them to the SILs.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I haven’t had a chance to go back and watch again since this conversation started because lately I’m always FJ’ing while I’m trying to get a child to sleep, but it seems like when she did the house tour that Jessa mentioned that Ben’s computer for school and study stuff was there in the boys’ room. Anyone who isn’t currently sitting among should be sleeping toddlers feel like watching that part and listening to how she phrased it? Ben’s been pretty low profile for a while now. He could just still be in school and they’re not talking about it. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic