IGNORED

Seewalds 43: Pants may Have Been Worn Or Not

HerNameIsBuffy

10 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Ahhhh, will this ever be not funny? It puts a smile on my face every time. 

It never gets old.  Every time I see a "JD is a pilot" reference I always snicker. 

• I Agree 6

7 hours ago, neuroticcat said:

The anti-worldly-college mindset fits in neatly with that, but they also seem really invested in practical life skills. I wonder if any of their kids truly secretly desired further educations were not permitted or if it was a sort of assumption that college is irrelevant...

There are indications Josh wanted to go to college. He obviously didn’t but got married young and started a family. 

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, DalmatianCat said:

I can see Josiah interested in pursuing higher education in the next few years, if for no other than reason than I can see Lauren encouraging it. Her family seemed to value at least getting an associates degree.

Lauren has stated college wasn't for her, so I doubt she'll be much of a encourager to Josiah. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

There are indications Josh wanted to go to college. He obviously didn’t but got married young and started a family. 

At the beginning of the TV programs, Josh was a teenager and said he wanted to be a lawyer. Maybe he was sincere, but I think it was scripted. Absolutely everything he said was a script. The first videos tried to show a *normal* homeschooling family and of course the eldest should be interested in college.

But those kids were not prepared for a real college. In addition, Josh was lazy. Lazy people cannot be lawyers. Studying a degree in law is hard and being actually a lawyer is harder. 

Out of 13 children over 18 years old, any of them has degrees or professional trades (is JB a professional pilot or is it a hobby?). They don't have their own business. Don't work in companies.

College is not for everybody, but jobs are. Sub-employing 19 children (or children-in-law) is not going to work, because any of them is an expert in anything, plus they don't have a serious business. Duggars are a complete fail as parents. Their kids can become poor went JB and Michelle get old or die. 

• Upvote 14

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

At the beginning of the TV programs, Josh was a teenager and said he wanted to be a lawyer. Maybe he was sincere, but I think it was scripted. Absolutely everything he said was a script. The first videos tried to show a *normal* homeschooling family and of course the eldest should be interested in college.

But those kids were not prepared for a real college. In addition, Josh was lazy. Lazy people cannot be lawyers. Studying a degree in law is hard and being actually a lawyer is harder. 

Out of 13 children over 18 years old, any of them has degrees or professional trades (is JB a professional pilot or is it a hobby?). They don't have their own business. Don't work in companies.

College is not for everybody, but jobs are. Sub-employing 19 children (or children-in-law) is not going to work, because any of them is an expert in anything, plus they don't have a serious business. Duggars are a complete fail as parents. Their kids can become poor went JB and Michelle get old or die. 

Plus, from what has been shown via the show, most of what they have learned and completed is done by cutting corner, unsafe hacks...with some real luck, that might work on backyard DYI projects, but not in a professional, accredited or licensed business situation. Long term, the only thing JB Duggar set his kids up for is failure. I would never fly in a Duggar owned or operated plane.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

Didn’t Abbie mention something about the lack of regular income? If JD was successful she wouldn’t be worrying about it.

Re Josh- I agree the lawyer thing was made up- he went into car sales and marriage very young and then got the FRC job where his sole qualification was being the son of a bigot who had a national TV following. I dare say he may have gone into politics but somebody else would be doing the work. 

• Upvote 9

I remember Josiah saying he wanted to be an accountant when the older kids were all affiliated with College Plus. 

• Upvote 7

Didn't Joy mention wanting to go into politics as well. I still remember how deflated she looked after she graduated SOTDRT and said she guessed she'd just help around the house.  I also think this is what pushed her to marry so young. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 4

There can’t be any doubt Jessa wears pants. Look at the photo she just posted on Instagram: 

Spoiler

B6A02747-F146-4307-A126-5A10D8CEB943.jpeg.021f34d0d8fd7e8662f1c1b3c56a8476.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

There can’t be any doubt Jessa wears pants. Look at the photo she just posted on Instagram: 

Hide contents

B6A02747-F146-4307-A126-5A10D8CEB943.jpeg.021f34d0d8fd7e8662f1c1b3c56a8476.jpeg

Yes, they’re sweatpants. She’s worn them on her YouTube videos before. I think there’s still a long way to go between those and jeans.

• I Agree 2

On 3/22/2020 at 5:43 PM, neuroticcat said:

I agree that some of the educational philosophy stems from JB and Michelle marrying super young, not pursuing higher ed, and starting their own businesses. 

The anti-worldly-college mindset fits in neatly with that, but they also seem really invested in practical life skills. I wonder if any of their kids truly secretly desired further educations were not permitted or if it was a sort of assumption that college is irrelevant...

At this point, more than half of the Duggar children are adults, but none of them has seriously pursued college education. That alone indicates that they were either strongly discouraged, or outright forbidden, from doing so. 

I realize that college is not the be-all end-all, but I think JB & M went out of their way to present it as the least desirable path. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

As I have mentioned before, they didn't just rule out going away for 4 years to heathen u. None of the Duggars have done tech school or community college. I mean they have a point about an art history degree not being worth going into debt for (and I have nothing against art history) But no CNAs or EMTs in the bunch? No welders or mechanics? Seriously Duggars, is this a bad joke? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

51 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Yes, they’re sweatpants. She’s worn them on her YouTube videos before. I think there’s still a long way to go between those and jeans.

Respectfully, I disagree. While clothes only mean so much, Jessa posting photos and videos (we discussed the pants question here earlier) of herself in pants is a noteworthy step.  Even Jinger’s first pants were kind of baggy and not as flattering as the ones she wears nowadays. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

Also, there have been photos of her wearing fitted jeans on Say Yes to the Dress floating around the internet for a while.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/jessa-duggar-will-be-on-the-new-season-of-say-yes-to-the-dress-atlanta.html/

(Sorry, are we not supposed to post links? I'm only an occasional lurker, but when I dropped by today I was surprised to see that no one had commented yet on this public appearance of Jessa in jeans haha.)

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Jelatin said:

Also, there have been photos of her wearing fitted jeans on Say Yes to the Dress floating around the internet for a while.

https://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/jessa-duggar-will-be-on-the-new-season-of-say-yes-to-the-dress-atlanta.html/

(Sorry, are we not supposed to post links? I'm only an occasional lurker, but when I dropped by today I was surprised to see that no one had commented yet on this public appearance of Jessa in jeans haha.)

You can post links, it's much appreciated.  The rule is if you post a link just give a sentence or two about what it contains...which you clearly did :) 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Jelatin said:

it was discussed (I don’t remember if here but definitely on other places), but people generally agreed it’s leggings under a dress. She’s worn that same outfit somewhere else. I haven’t watched the episode but now that it’s out it will be easier to tell I guess. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

it was discussed (I don’t remember if here but definitely on other places), but people generally agreed it’s leggings under a dress. She’s worn that same outfit somewhere else. I haven’t watched the episode but now that it’s out it will be easier to tell I guess. 

Oh, whoops! Gotta lurk more, I guess, haha

A couple things on this video;

1st Jessa puts her hair up. 

2nd BEC,  she didn't mix the 3 (THREE!!!!) packets with any liquid, for the little bit of chicken she had in there she only needed 1 maybe 2 packets and 1 can of tomatoes and tomato sauce. Also if you take the chicken OUT of the crock pot, it is so much easier to shred. I told you it was BEC?

3rd I like that she tells the kids "you don't have to like it but you have to try it" Good way to avoid food issues and dinner time fights. 

• Upvote 5

On 3/31/2020 at 4:41 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I like that she tells the kids "you don't have to like it but you have to try it" Good way to avoid food issues and dinner time fights

She has a video about picky eaters. She is definitely better than most fundies in the food approach. If she's being sincere, she does not force feedings and offers her kids (more or less) healthy food. 

Jessa seems proud of her educational style. It's pretty obvious she has thought about how to raise children and seems to understand they are not mini adults. 

I tend to take Duggar messages with a grain of salt. But anyway, if someone listens Jessa's advice, can get good ideas. She's not spreading hate or Pearls ideas, which is nice.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I'm really curious to see Jessa do homeschooling. I wonder which methods she will use.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Jessa might be a decent homeschooling mom IF she stopped at three kids. No 2 people can do it all with mega numbers of kids. A day is NEVER longer than 24 hours, and every parent needs to sleep!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

Kinda surprised that no one has mentioned Jessa's hour-long video about JB. But then again I doubt she shares anything new, so I'm kinda not surprised that we're not discussing it.

• Upvote 2

JFC an HOUR long video of her praising her father? Is she looking for a bigger house?  Is his ego as big and fragile as trumps?  

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 20

17 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

JFC an HOUR long video of her praising her father? Is she looking for a bigger house?  Is his ego as big and fragile as trumps?  

I think, damage control because of Derick/Jill.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic