IGNORED

Seewalds 43: Pants may Have Been Worn Or Not

HerNameIsBuffy

On 4/2/2020 at 7:36 AM, SassyPants said:

Jessa might be a decent homeschooling mom IF she stopped at three kids. No 2 people can do it all with mega numbers of kids. A day is NEVER longer than 24 hours, and every parent needs to sleep!

I could also see Ben helping out which gives me hope. He seems to enjoy tutoring, has at least an associates, and likely got a more hands on homeschool education being the oldest of "only" 7. 

I'm not going to watch her video, I don't watch her channel anyway and while I think she is trying to keep in favour with her parent's, I won't snark on her because I don't doubt she loves her dad and misses him now. 

I'm glad Jessa is staying away from her family right now, wish the rest would too. 

• Upvote 9

I'm going to take one for the team (with laundry and cooking on in the background) and watch it:

• She says she is doing this because she misses her parents, there will be a part two about MIchelle
  • Jim Bob is great because he read to them from the grown up bible every night and would often stop on a cliffhanger and/or add in stories from his childhood. Then they would all pray together
  • Doing church together, children not being sent to sunday school but sitting in the main church
  • Sharing answered prayers
  • Jim Bob grew up very poor: stories of 'god providing' because people left food on their doorstep when they had to eat the jar of decorative rice for breakfst because that was all they had
  • Trips to Silver dollar city were great (had year long passes). They brought food to save money. Also would buy unlimited refill slushies but only a few and share out the unlimited refills among everyone
  • Looking for ways to minister to people in need (raking, firewood etc)
  • Cute interuption from Spurgeon with a slingshot, Jessa praises his 'arm'

That's as far as I got, it was just too boring

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 18

5 minutes ago, medimus said:

Also would buy unlimited refill slushies but only a few and share out the unlimited refills among everyone

Not exactly ethical, but not as shitty as the prices those places charge for food and beverages to a captive audience.  

I wouldn't have done that with young kids, because I wouldn't want to explain why cheating was okay this time, but I had enough resentment paying Great America prices I can't judge this one too harshly.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

I would not bat an eye at the daddy love letter if it had been posted on another day. She posted it on  Israel's birthday. Jim Bob was not included in any of the pictures. This looks like damage control to me. 

Edited by DarkAnts
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

Did Jessa also wish Isreal a happy birthday? If not, then yes the JB video is definitely damage control. 

• Upvote 5

5 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Did Jessa also wish Isreal a happy birthday? If not, then yes the JB video is definitely damage control. 

Nothing that I can see on social media. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Not exactly ethical, but not as shitty as the prices those places charge for food and beverages to a captive audience.  

I wouldn't have done that with young kids, because I wouldn't want to explain why cheating was okay this time, but I had enough resentment paying Great America prices I can't judge this one too harshly.

I wouldn’t give a little kid a whole slushee, so I’d make kids share even if it wasn’t a money issue. But I’m not sure I’d do the unlimited part, since that is a little unethical and it’s more slushees than I’d want to give kids.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Her list seems like...it's reinforcement of the Duggar narrative more than something she made from the heart.  The decorative rice story has been mentioned I don't know how many times, yet apparently it's worth another mention?  It seems like she's defending him and their way of life, rather than recalling a cherished memory from childhood where he comforted her because she got hurt or something.  

I'm sure she does miss them, but damn, she can FaceTime them and text them, they're not on the other side of the world.  Not buying the motive behind this is that she misses them.

• Upvote 23
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Great America

Nothing about Jessa just that I have great memories of Great America. The log ride, Orleans Orbit, the shows, double decker carousel...but yeah the prices....

• Upvote 3
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, WiseGirl said:

Nothing about Jessa just that I have great memories of Great America. The log ride, Orleans Orbit, the shows, double decker carousel...but yeah the prices....

One of my kidults still goes so often she gets season tickets every year.

• Upvote 2

Why on earth would she think anyone would be interested in watching a 50-odd-minute video about all the reasons she loves her father? I mean, that's nice, Jessa, but who cares? Even if there were some specific reason to make a video honouring him, that's about four times longer than it needs to be. Her reasons were so weird, too. They seemed more like random facts than things she loves about him.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I get your point, but you are a better person than me. I think it is shitty, just like them going to the "free meals for kids" with 19 people was shitty. Yeah, they overcharge, but that's part of the deal. Like "I shouldn't have to tip" but if you want to go to a restaurant, that's what you need to do. When I take the kids to the movies they share one (expensive) soda (they are effing gargantuan anyway), but it's one that I pay for, and when it's gone, it's gone. Maybe not the right sword to fall down on, but these people are always looking for some sleazy way to grub. I bet their "packet drawer" is not leftover stuff from takeout but entire sweeps of restaurant ketchup, mustard, mayo, sugar, honey, whatever packets. Frugal is good. Sleazy is ... sleazy.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, patsymae said:

I get your point, but you are a better person than me. I think it is shitty, just like them going to the "free meals for kids" with 19 people was shitty. Yeah, they overcharge, but that's part of the deal. Like "I shouldn't have to tip" but if you want to go to a restaurant, that's what you need to do. When I take the kids to the movies they share one (expensive) soda (they are effing gargantuan anyway), but it's one that I pay for, and when it's gone, it's gone. Maybe not the right sword to fall down on, but these people are always looking for some sleazy way to grub. I bet their "packet drawer" is not leftover stuff from takeout but entire sweeps of restaurant ketchup, mustard, mayo, sugar, honey, whatever packets. Frugal is good. Sleazy is ... sleazy.

I do agree with you in principal, I am just irrationally biased against paying $12 or whatever for one drink when the kids were small.  I'd have had NO problem with it if they let us bring in our water - but when searched ahead of time and physics require I keep my kids hydrated...I know...it's petty but I really hate what feels like highway robbery.  But it is part of the deal.

I absolutely believe if you can't afford to tip properly (read generously) you can't afford to eat out.  That affects your server and there is a special place in hell for those who tip poorly or, worse, leave tracts.  Your server doesn't need Jesus - they need cash.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Why on earth would she think anyone would be interested in watching a 50-odd-minute video about all the reasons she loves her father? I mean, that's nice, Jessa, but who cares? Even if there were some specific reason to make a video honouring him, that's about four times longer than it needs to be. Her reasons were so weird, too. They seemed more like random facts than things she loves about him.

Agree. It's bizarre. 

• Upvote 5

I used to work at a breakfast restaurant when I was in high school/college and it drove me NUTS to have the after church crowd come in on Sundays and leave tracts.  If you really think we should have the day off to go to church, maybe don't patronize the business to the point where it's our most lucrative day of the week.

Edited by GuineaPigCourtship
clarification
  • Upvote 17
  • I Agree 2

Thanks for the recap. Jessa has clearly chosen to massage the ego of a man who apparently had to be consulted before her sister could be allowed to go to her when she went into labour. She must really want a new house. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

23 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Thanks for the recap. Jessa has clearly chosen to massage the ego of a man who apparently had to be consulted before her sister could be allowed to go to her when she went into labour. She must really want a new house. 

Just one little clarification. Jessa didn’t need JB’s permission to have Jill assist her in labor, Jill needs permission to go to the Big House where Jessa wanted to go to walk the stairs. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

31 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Just one little clarification. Jessa didn’t need JB’s permission to have Jill assist her in labor, Jill needs permission to go to the Big House where Jessa wanted to go to walk the stairs. 

My mistake- I still won’t be polishing up any ‘Father of the Year’ trophies for him! 

• Upvote 12

3 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

It's not even anywhere close to Father's Day.

Which would be the only logical reason of posting this.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

5 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

It's not even anywhere close to Father's Day.

The timing and content *is* weird, and as others noted above, posed on Israel's birthday.  Is she feeling the need to defend Daddy Dearest even though he's been incredibly unfair to her sister?  Or is something else about to happen?  

• Upvote 3

Well, as I was typing his name into Wikipedia, I noticed:
1. It's ridiculous and yet fitting his name is Jim Bob.
2. He's 2 years younger than my mother to the day!
3. It's also nowhere near his birthday.

Perhaps in quarantine, she's running out of content?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Nikedagain? said:

Agree. It's bizarre. 

It is but still not even close bizarre compared to what other shit you see on youtube people seem to think the most mundane of shit is interesting. 

• I Agree 2

Jessa has ALWAYS been the one to defend her families lifestyle and beliefs. She was always the emotionally strong and snobby sister. If she wasn't a Christian she would probably be a "flip the birdie" chick. Even Michelle admitted she was a strong willed child. Well in my family it's called hard headed. And less not forget the sad story about Jana's jewelry box.

Edited by Tangy Bee
wrong spelling
  • Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic