IGNORED

JinJer 51: Can't Even Sell Donuts!

Destiny

22 minutes ago, dharmapunk said:

Is that something that is generally frowned upon in the US? Here in europe even h&m sells "Harvard" shirts and people buy them and wear them. Or people buy college t shirts as souvenirs when they visit a town with a well known university, like Cambridge. I don't think anybody wants to pretend they studied there. To us it's just a logo.

No it's pretty common to wear shirt from schools you didn't go to. Harvard is the most common but there are many others too. Personally I hate it when anyone does it

• Upvote 9
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

I dont see an Issue with the harvard shirt, People wear Vanderbilt shirts all the time that didn't go. Maybe he's glad a Harvard Alum had a big part in taking down Tom Brady.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, SportsgalAnnie said:

I dont see an Issue with the harvard shirt, People wear Vanderbilt shirts all the time that didn't go. Maybe he's glad a Harvard Alum had a big part in taking down Tom Brady.

You give Jeremy way too much credit. It’s all about the image for him.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I don't bat an eye about people wearing clothes for colleges they didn't attend when it's a school that has a big sports fan base, like Notre Dame, Ohio State, Alabama, etc. The Duggars are seen in Arkansas gear often because they live locally and support the football team. But Jeremy isn't from the Boston area and I doubt he's a fan of Harvard's football team. He's just a pretentious dork.

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 4

Wow,  y'all. Mr Possum went to Harvard.  Good to know I'm a pretentious dork (or douchebag) when I wear his old shirts. : )

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think it’s because it’s Jeremy. He is so pretentious. He wants people to think he went there. I know people who have gone to Harvard and when they and their family members wear Harvard related things, it’s no big deal. But when pretentious D-bags like Jeremy wear it, you do an internal eyeroll. 

Of course, no one can tell the difference, which is why my Harvard stuff never leaves the house.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Of course, no one can tell the difference, which is why my Harvard stuff never leaves the house.

I bet I could tell by the way you carry yourself though. I doubt you walk around with an air of self importance while taking constant selfies like Jeremy. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

41 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

Wow,  y'all. Mr Possum went to Harvard.  Good to know I'm a pretentious dork (or douchebag) when I wear his old shirts. : )

I know you meant this in a joking way, but, personally, I think if you know someone (like a close friend or family member) who went to a certain school and you wear their clothes, it shows your support. When I see Jeremy wearing a Harvard sweatshirt, it shows his pretentiousness.  As we continuously see on Instagram, Jeremy does almost everything for his image, so I don't see why this would be any different. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 9

it's just annoying bc Harvard stands for everything Jeremy is not, the people there (for the most part) are way smarter and proactive than him and worked so much harder and have open minds !!!! 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

I'm not sure if this has been discussed on FJ before, but I believe Jinger is wearing a Harvard sweatshirt in this picture. (Note: this is an old picture and I have no idea when it was taken). 

Jeremy's brother went to Harvard, so I'm sure that's their excuse to wear Harvard gear.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 13

I love seeing how indignant people are that they wear Harvard stuff. I’m having a shitty day and it’s warming my cold, bitter heart to see the venom about their clothes. It also reminds me of the time I was super butthurt when I heard the Doctor Who ringtone of a family member by marriage of someone I couldn’t stand. How dare she be a Whovian, too! ❤️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 11

6 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

No it's pretty common to wear shirt from schools you didn't go to. Harvard is the most common but there are many others too. Personally I hate it when anyone does it

I have multiple family members who went there, so it annoys me too. I don’t know if I can describe why...it’s an actual university that people go to. It isn’t a random tourist attraction. When people get Harvard (or other school shirts) they have zero association with it just seems like they want to appear prestigious. 

Jeremy is an absolute twat and the admissions office would laugh in his face if he applied there.

Edit: Maybe I’m just offended a stupid twat is trying to associate himself with a university that people I love went to? And it feels like an insult :pb_lol:

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Jeremy's brother went to Harvard, so I'm sure that's their excuse to wear Harvard gear.

Jeremy’s brother works for the Harvard Business School as a multimedia producer. He didn’t attend Harvard. (Per LinkedIn)

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 16

2 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I understand that, heaven forbid people wear shirts for universities they didn't go to. Pretty much every one of my cousins has gone to a different university but I'd wear shirts if they got it for me. Not to mention if a family member works there or worked there for a long time. 

Heaven forbid someone went to a small school somewhere but is a fan of a Big University and wants to wear a shirt. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Wolf boy sent his dad a hat with his submarine on it. He wears it, but if anyone thanks him for his service, he explains it's his son, not him.

• Upvote 13

8 hours ago, dharmapunk said:

Is that something that is generally frowned upon in the US? Here in europe even h&m sells "Harvard" shirts and people buy them and wear them. Or people buy college t shirts as souvenirs when they visit a town with a well known university, like Cambridge. I don't think anybody wants to pretend they studied there. To us it's just a logo.

Where I live a post-college aged adult wouldn't wear college logo wear from a school unless you went there, your kid /grandkid/ niece/ nephew went there, or you are a fan of their sports team.  If you are high school aged or younger you can wear any school's logo wear you want.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Before this thread I had no idea there were such nuanced etiquette rules about wearing sweatshirts.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 28
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Before this thread I had no idea there were such nuanced etiquette rules about wearing sweatshirts.

Seriously. One of my favourite sweatshirts is one left behind by the oldest that says (his school) class of (his graduation year). It's warm and snuggly and you will pry it out of my cold dead hands.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 3

I'm more annoyed by JINGER wearing the Harvard hoodie. At least Jeremy attended an institution of higher learning. She did not, has no interest in one, won't put her daughter in one unless Jeremy tells her to, and has the intellectual curiosity of a sea urchin.

• Upvote 20
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, kmachete14 said:

it's just annoying bc Harvard stands for everything Jeremy is not, the people there (for the most part) are way smarter and proactive than him and worked so much harder and have open minds !!!! 

Well, let's be real: majority of people from Harvard came from wealthier and more influential families than his. Smarts doesn't really have much to do with it. 

Ngl, I'm not a fan of the US culture that reveres Ivy Leagues like they're a meritocracy for the best and brightest. It's just another example of how the rich get everything handed to them.

• Upvote 16
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

@BernRul you might change your mind if you talk to/ read works by/ attend a production/ investigate start ups & nonprofits/ look into the academic research of some students from Harvard.  

obviously there’s an old money aspect to Harvard but I’m lucky enough to live right across the River from it, and benefit from attending so many cultural productions, great doctors & lawyers, and academic research on education (I’m a teacher)

it’s not all rich white people there 

there’s some super bright kids doing a lot of great stuff 

that’s true of many other colleges, but I’m glad the endowment At Harvard can keep these things going 

just my personal OP 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, AtlanticTug said:

I'm more annoyed by JINGER wearing the Harvard hoodie. At least Jeremy attended an institution of higher learning. She did not, has no interest in one, won't put her daughter in one unless Jeremy tells her to, and has the intellectual curiosity of a sea urchin.

Things that have more intellectual curiosity than Jinger:

1. The sidewalk at Harvard

2. The foot of the John Harvard statue, which tourists rub for good luck because they don’t know drunk students pee on it

3. The weed that someone in my dad’s dorm grew out their window

4. The last poop the president of Harvard took

5. The last poop I took

1 hour ago, BernRul said:

Ngl, I'm not a fan of the US culture that reveres Ivy Leagues like they're a meritocracy for the best and brightest. It's just another example of how the rich get everything handed to them.

I know someone who goes to grad school at Columbia that posts asinine things on Facebook that show he doesn’t know anything about his field or how to make a coherent argument. I’ve thought about writing a letter to his school and let them know this dude makes all ivy’s look bad. 

I agree that at times Ivys can seem too revered, but I disagree that it’s an example of the rich getting everything handed to them. Aside from the scandals, students do have to work really hard to get in. Yes students with wealth and legacies have a step up, but that’s true anywhere.

6 minutes ago, kmachete14 said:

@BernRul you might change your mind if you talk to/ read works by/ attend a production/ investigate start ups & nonprofits/ look into the academic research of some students from Harvard.  

obviously there’s an old money aspect to Harvard but I’m lucky enough to live right across the River from it, and benefit from attending so many cultural productions, great doctors & lawyers, and academic research on education (I’m a teacher)

it’s not all rich white people there 

there’s some super bright kids doing a lot of great stuff 

that’s true of many other colleges, but I’m glad the endowment At Harvard can keep these things going 

just my personal OP 

Also Harvard only has need based scholarships, no academic or athletic ones

Edited by HarryPotterFan
  • Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, BernRul said:

Well, let's be real: majority of people from Harvard came from wealthier and more influential families than his. Smarts doesn't really have much to do with it. 

Certainly not limited to "US culture. "  And plenty of ivy league students got there on merit and hard work.  I know several who came from nothing.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic