IGNORED

JinJer 51: Can't Even Sell Donuts!

Destiny

The Jesus I grew up with (1970s Catholic Jesus) would not have been OK with spending money on fancy men's fashion.  As hard as I try, and as much as I have learned on this site, I still just can't get it through my head that their Jesus is OK with it.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

@Satan'sFortress As a secular Jew I'm definitely not an authority on this, but from what I understand, the Jesus of right-wing white USA is a very different Jesus from both the scriptures and the Christian traditions I am familiar with.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 7

52 minutes ago, SweetJuly said:

@Satan'sFortress As a secular Jew I'm definitely not an authority on this, but from what I understand, the Jesus of right-wing white USA is a very different Jesus from both the scriptures and the Christian traditions I am familiar with.

Similar to the right wing fundamentalists in the UK:

hates abortion but fine with the death penalty.

everybody can be redeemed of everything if they are friends otherwise they should be put to death

freedom of religion as long as it’s theirs

men from their faith are fine to have huge families and rely on social media begging to fund their ‘street ministry’ which involves leaving their families to go on trips all over the place but woe betide any low income family seeking a tax credit or any other sort of benefits.

I’m sure there’s more but you get my drift!

Edited by Idlewild
Typo
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, Satan'sFortress said:

The Jesus I grew up with (1970s Catholic Jesus) would not have been OK with spending money on fancy men's fashion.  As hard as I try, and as much as I have learned on this site, I still just can't get it through my head that their Jesus is OK with it.

Oh honey, most of the time I feel like my Jesus and fundy Jesus have never even met.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 14
  • Love 4

23 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Idk - I adore dogs and would still have stepped in when my kids were that age.  Even little dogs nip and not all dogs love toddlers.  

Miniway loves dogs! We have been teaching him to always ask the owner if it’s ok to say hello before you go up to a dog and he always does. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 6

On 12/20/2019 at 3:58 PM, artdecades said:

They are repped by UTA? They must book anyone these days. CAA would never. 

Just had to say, this comment is even more hilarious with the Princess Caroline avatar!!!!!

• Upvote 2

Jinger’s latest Instagram story is her filming Felicity on Jeremy’s lap on a plane journey playing with cups while Jeremy ‘studies’.

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they maybe did take stuff along to entertain her but she decided cups were her toy of choice. Kids can do that......

However as he has spent the last 10 days or so posing in sightseeing spots, having coffee and in at least one clothes shop, why is he deciding a confined space in what looks like a full plane with a toddler on his lap is the best time to study? I realise they had family there for Christmas but most people can only take a few days off. I wonder if they’ve been summonsed to Duggarville for a post Derick showdown?! 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Jinger’s latest Instagram story is her filming Felicity on Jeremy’s lap on a plane journey playing with cups while Jeremy ‘studies’.

I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt that they maybe did take stuff along to entertain her but she decided cups were her toy of choice. Kids can do that......

However as he has spent the last 10 days or so posing in sightseeing spots, having coffee and in at least one clothes shop, why is he deciding a confined space in what looks like a full plane with a toddler on his lap is the best time to study? I realise they had family there for Christmas but most people can only take a few days off. I wonder if they’ve been summonsed to Duggarville for a post Derick showdown?! 

Per Jinger’s IG They just landed in Philly. The Duggars are persona non grata.

Many of the Duggars have gone to visit Jinger in LA. Her parents were just there in October. Maybe they’re going to Pennsylvania for one of Diana Vuolo’s charity things.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, singsingsing said:

Many of the Duggars have gone to visit Jinger in LA. Her parents were just there in October. Maybe they’re going to Pennsylvania for one of Diana Vuolo’s charity things.

Hmm...yet the Vuolos were just in CA for Christmas, and the Vs were in PA for Christmas in 2018. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Oh honey, most of the time I feel like my Jesus and fundy Jesus have never even met.

With the right-wing white Christians now, just like the right-wing Christians in Germany in the 30s or ... wherever... "Christian" is not about Jesus or the gospel or teaching. Jesus, or more realistically, "Christian" is a totem.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 8

Maybe they're back here in Philly to see the Eagles playoff game. During breaks in play, JinJer can proselytize to the fans.

• Upvote 2

They’re at Jeremy’s cousin’s wedding. 
How old is Jeremy?? He says he was 13 when the bride was born which makes her very young? 

• Upvote 4

19-20. Young by secular marrying age standards, but pretty common in fundie circles.

Edited by VeryNikeSeamstress
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

I was also shocked. I thought Jeremy’s family was less fundie and not into young marriage (looking at Jeremy and his siblings).

If Jeremy hold her for the first time on his 13th birthday she  turned 19 last summer...

Also, is that the groom in jeans? ?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

At first I thought everyone was doing the math wrong. For some reason I thought he was 39...!!!! He’s really aged the past few years. I guess he’s only early 30s though?

• Upvote 2

7 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I was also shocked. I thought Jeremy’s family was less fundie and not into young marriage (looking at Jeremy and his siblings).

I know a lot of non-religious people who married young, especially if they’re from a small town. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On 12/30/2019 at 3:56 PM, treehugger said:

Also, this is the JinJer thread.  They may annoy me more than any of the others that I follow, because they are ignorant, pretty blockheads who have not shown any desire to educate themselves , but who suddenly consider themselves influential people in the worlds of fashion, music, and culinary arts.  

This! I wonder if Jinger could even name a fashion designer who is not Miss Renee. Can Jeremy make a remoulade? Its just galling when so many people work so hard to get a toehold in any profession, much less "music and the culinary arts" and the Vuolos just assume they have great influence because they buy pants and found out some restaurants serve frogs legs (As an aside, I thought having a pregnant woman eat something you know will gross her out was the mark of an asshole, not a sophisticated man of the world."

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

Well, in their world they are quiet sophisticated when it comes to fashion and food. In Dutch we would say: Among the blind a one-eyed man is king. 

And since their following is also mainly 'the blind', I can imagine they feel that way and are also seen that way by their followers.

• Upvote 18

Jeremy thinks he’s quite the sophisticated gent. Since FNV’s birth and aside from GMM’s services, have we even seen Jeremy visiting the Duggars in AR? Was he shown in any of the scenes when the Duggars visited LA? He seemingly wants nada to do with his ILs, even more so than Dereck.

Can’t say that I blame any of them for their disdain, but then distance yourself from the Duggar fame and easy money too. Man Up!

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Can’t say that I blame any of them for their disdain, but then distance yourself from the Duggar fame and easy money too. Man Up!

But... If he distances himself from the show how can he be the "breakout star" of it!

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 9

To be honest, if my ILs had screwed up, used and psychologically abused their kids and there was still an easy money gravy train on which to feed, I’d likely stick around too. The spouses likely feel their SO deserves that $$$$. Those kids were thoroughly hosed by JB and M. Unfortunately, most of them are doing the same to their own kids.

• Upvote 5

I can’t stand Jeremy wearing that fucking Harvard shirt. It’s just so pretentious. He wants random people to think he went to Harvard. We all know he didn’t. It’s just so cringe worthy. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 11

11 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t stand Jeremy wearing that fucking Harvard shirt. It’s just so pretentious. He wants random people to think he went to Harvard. We all know he didn’t. It’s just so cringe worthy. 

Is that something that is generally frowned upon in the US? Here in europe even h&m sells "Harvard" shirts and people buy them and wear them. Or people buy college t shirts as souvenirs when they visit a town with a well known university, like Cambridge. I don't think anybody wants to pretend they studied there. To us it's just a logo.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, dharmapunk said:

Is that something that is generally frowned upon in the US? Here in europe even h&m sells "Harvard" shirts and people buy them and wear them. Or people buy college t shirts as souvenirs when they visit a town with a well known university, like Cambridge. I don't think anybody wants to pretend they studied there. To us it's just a logo.

I think it’s because it’s Jeremy. He is so pretentious. He wants people to think he went there. I know people who have gone to Harvard and when they and their family members wear Harvard related things, it’s no big deal. But when pretentious D-bags like Jeremy wear it, you do an internal eyeroll. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic