IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

Even skipping forward every ten seconds that was awful. The outtakes were awful. No one wants to see THAT whatever the hell that was ?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

That video!

First of all they have edited out almost all the twirls from the opening. I guess they read here and realized it looked ridiculous. 

Maybe the son is spending the holidays with his dad so he won't have to have a Thanksgiving meal where he is expected to not actually eat anything. 

Joe says he could just fill his plate up with Gwen's green beans he likes them so much. That is not what she teaches. Tiny bites Joe, tiny portions. This isn't the first time he has said things that contradict her teachings. 

When Gwen talks Joe tends to stare at the camera like he is in pain. Is the money worth it, Joe?

Exactly how many videos do they have of them "casually" sitting around the house, clasping hands and praying? How does that work? Do they get someone and tell them to make a video while they pray? 

Elizabeth looks so, so skinny. 

"It isn't about food here." It is a damn meal Gwen! What is the point of a meal if it isn't about food?!

WTF is with the awkward leaning up against each other's backs at the end? They are so so painful to watch. They clearly don't have any sort of connection. 

That ending. My innocent mind did not need to see Joe crawl around like a dog chasing Gwen trying to be "sexy." That is one way to get people to not eat. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

They didn't even have a spot for him at the table. For some reason, I think they have a film crew that produces all these cringe-worthy Joe & Gwen videos. 

My takeaway from the video - even during family time, the dress code is scripted. Elizabeth is always in black. Gwen has several wigs - one that is big, poofy and curly, which is still better than the monster thing she normally wears (check out the back of her hair in the mirror). Is Gwen wearing spanks under her dress (The white showing when she runs up the stairs). 

I also don't believe for one minute that Gwen actually cooks. Maybe some one here that has escaped can confirm. 

@MayMay1123 - i agree, I believe they are insinuating running up for sex. :puke-front:

Everything is definitely so scripted. I always worry most for the kids. Those kids are under so much pressure to portray this perfect image. Some of those girls are way too young (though I know it's my opinion) to be wearing make-up. Gwen and Joe look like they're just faking any connection - which honestly makes perfect sense - for God's sake they rushed things so much I doubt they really know each other at all. It makes me sad that Michael isn't there. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it reminds me of how the FLDS sends men away from their families to repent and get right with God or whatever... and how sad that his wife isn't even sticking up for him. If someone told me my husband couldn't be at Thanksgiving I'd tell them that I understood, but that my children and I wouldn't be there either. Sorry - we're a package deal.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Today is the day to gather your family, look at your home and all the blessings God has given you and thank Him that you're skinnier now. 

Spoiler

A Day of Praise

November 28, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Let the name of the LORD be praised, both now and forevermore. From the rising of the sun to the place where it sets, the name of the LORD is to be praised.
Psalm 113:2-3

Make today a day of praise for all that God has done! Gather your family and take a good long look at each other, and then walk through your homes and really look at all that God has given. Think back before you took Weigh Down and remember how different it all was. The food rules, the no-calorie tasteless foods, the fat-gram counting…compare your old pictures to your new smaller, healthier, more energetic self! NOW PRAISE OUR GOD! I cannot believe the abundance that our precious Creator gives us each day, starting with breath itself. I am so thankful and so happy all the time. My only desire is that the day and week are not long enough and time is flying by…I just want to do more and to live longer, because this is an AWESOME life when God is first and foremost!

I don't get it why it matters what your food tastes like if you're not going to eat it anyway

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 5

15 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

The outtakes were awful. No one wants to see THAT whatever the hell that was ?

I just keep thinking about this. It was clearly very planned, who actually thought that was a good idea? Have they read the comments about how they have no connection and this is what they came up with? Are we supposed to believe this is what they do on a regular basis? I would just love to know the thought processes that led them to "Let's have some sex stuff with Joe acting like a dog and chasing Gwen into the bedroom."  

These two can't even act like they are loving spouses. Everything they do together comes out painfully awkward and unnatural. They truly don't seem to like each other at all. It is very, very obvious that Joe is there for the money and Gwen likes him because he plays along like her other husband didn't. She can trot Joe out, show him off and get him to perform on demand. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 3

Random observations.  So, Gwen even cooks in platform shoes.  Interesting.  I noticed a lot of sipping going on, and a lot of non-eating distractions going on at the table.  Did any family members actually ingest the food?  Like others have said, why put all this effort into food if you are not going to dig in and eat?  And the chase into the bedroom scene (ugh!), I think Joe *was* signalling with his eyes, "get me the heck outta here."  He really chose the wrong rich lady, lol!   

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Did he film it?

There is no way Michael was there but filming.  Gwen has a whole crew of RF members for filming and production.  This whole video was very planned out and no way would Gwen not have a large handful of people available for filming to where she would have to have Michael do it.

18 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

They didn't even have a spot for him at the table. For some reason, I think they have a film crew that produces all these cringe-worthy Joe & Gwen videos. 

Right.  There wasn't even a place set for him.  The table had 12 place settings.  Gwen, Joe, Brandon and anorexic Elizabeth Hannah and Erin Shamblin were the 5 adults sitting down.  Kids took the other 7 spots.  Michael wasn't there and a place wasn't reserved for him.  He wasn't coming. 

18 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Maybe the son is spending the holidays with his dad so he won't have to have a Thanksgiving meal where he is expected to not actually eat anything. 

But wait.  This was posted on youtube 6 days before Thanksgiving and probably recorded at least a day before posting (a decent amount of editing and post production work went into it).  

So if Michael couldn't be there due to some conflict 6-7 days before Thanksgiving, why not just move the facade, recorded Thanksgiving dinner forward or back another day or two so Michael could make it?  It's not like "Mom, I have to choose between having dinner with you or dad this year because coincidentally you both are having Thanksgiving dinner one week early and they happen to be at the same time.  So Erin and I decided we'll split our family up and I'll go to dad's house for dinner alone and Erin and the kids will go to your house."    

None of this makes sense except for the explanation that either Michael wasn't invited or Michael didn't want to be there. 

Let's recap:

Gwen's Thanksgiving meal video.  Thoroughly planned (kids all dressed alike as usual, table meticulously setup, etc).  Multiple times "family" is mentioned in the video.  Yet her own (overweight) son doesn't show up.  Yet the rest of Michael's immediate family (his wife and kids) do.  By the way, this is also how MANY Remnant services are these days.  Erin and kids are there whereas Michael is not.

If various past destructive lifestyles have come back to haunt Michael, I doubt Michael was in rehab (Remnant thinks they can solve any issues internally and never seek outside help.)  

I doubt Michael was sick.  Again, if this was recorded a week before Thanksgiving, why not just delay it for a couple days if your own son is sick?

No.  Yet again, Michael wants as little to do with his mom as possible (barely sticking around for the paycheck at this point). 

Yet the average Remnant member doesn't question anything.  If Gwen says a life in Remnant makes families stronger (just forget she recently divorced her husband), then it must be true.  Just close your eyes. 

Maybe, just maybe, Michael is actually trying to get out this cult.  If so I wish him and his family the best. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

I think Joe *was* signalling with his eyes, "get me the heck outta here."  He really chose the wrong rich lady, lol!   

I agree that the two of them have zero chemistry but I'm wondering if that's just how Joe's face looks. You know, kind of like resting bitch face? I've only ever seen him in this context but maybe he has that odd pained look in other contexts as well. (I'm going to try to remember to look up BG (Before Gwen) photos of him.)

5 hours ago, formergothardite said:

"Let's have some sex stuff with Joe acting like a dog and chasing Gwen into the bedroom."  

I kept flinching, hoping we wouldn't see up her skirt as she ascended the stairs.

1 hour ago, WorseThan1Thinks said:

Maybe, just maybe, Michael is actually trying to get out this cult. 

I've started wondering this.

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 6

Sorry Gwen but if my children need me they are my first priority. My husband, boss, teachers and parents are all adults who can fend for themselves. My children are not.

And if I'm on an airplane I'm gonna put my own oxygen mask on first.

Spoiler

Keeping Your Priorities Straight

November 29, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth. Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs. Know that the LORD is God. It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving and his courts with praise; give thanks to him and praise his name. For the LORD is good and his love endures forever; his faithfulness continues through all generations. Psalm 100:1-5

At this busy season, never forget where ALL blessings come from! God is SO good to us, and His Son Jesus is our Shining Star. Do not let this day go by without praying over your priorities:

1. God FIRST! Stop and listen for His lead and His correction. Keep your focus and watch your boundaries! This relationship is such a beautiful gift.

2.God’s house next. What is God leading you to do for His Kingdom and His people? Remember that your words and actions should glorify Him! Keep your worship time a priority and prepare for it so you are not rushed.

3. Your authorities come next – spiritual shepherds, husband, boss, parents, teacher, etc. Seek out what they truly want from you, and honor and serve them as if serving Christ!

4.Your family and your household. Take care of your children and raise them up in love and sweetness. Make sure the needs of your house are met.

5.Finally – take care of your OWN wants and needs last. God will hear your prayers and provide everything you need. You will be amazed!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 3

34 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Sorry Gwen but if my children need me they are my first priority. My husband, boss, teachers and parents are all adults who can fend for themselves. My children are not.

I agree with you.

Plus if a person always puts their needs last, they will break down. We have to take care of ourselves so we can take care of others and no way in hell am I following what my boss and Priest says, they don't know everything about me to know what is in my best interest. People in charge of cults (looking at you Gwen) want their followers to depend on them to breathe so it makes sense she ranks herself after god. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

No way on earth am I going to let Gwen set my priorities for me. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

I loved this devotional!

-Sorry baby Jimmy, I know you need your diaper changed and a bottle but I just have to get this wedding cake done for this arranged marriage tomorrow. But don't worry Jimmy, someday, someone will neglect their child to make your arranged wedding amazing too. 

-Sorry random car wreck victim, but I need to pray and seek the Lords guidance before I pull you from this burning car. I need to make sure the Lords will is for you to live rather than die. You might be a pew warming faux Christian that is cursed for disobedience.

-Sorry kids, I know we were supposed to go to Dollywood today but....Ted Anger called and so I need to go wipe his ass and kiss his butt. This is such a high honor to serve my authority. And we are so blessed to also be able to provide the double ply, quilted teepee. Kids, the Lord is great! He is so amazing to allow us the opportunity to show him our devotion and sacrifice by giving up the thing that would give us pleasure and instead do the thing that would give one our leaders even more pleasure. 

?

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 12

This thread title made me laugh because I read it as hanging on to the vine.  She’s married to Tarzan right?  So that old joke as to how Tarzan got his yell, “ The VINE Jane, I said grab the vine!”

I’ll see myself out.....

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 16

On 11/27/2019 at 2:58 PM, formergothardite said:

That video!

First of all they have edited out almost all the twirls from the opening. I guess they read here and realized it looked ridiculous. 

Joe says he could just fill his plate up with Gwen's green beans he likes them so much. That is not what she teaches. Tiny bites Joe, tiny portions. This isn't the first time he has said things that contradict her teachings. 

When Gwen talks Joe tends to stare at the camera like he is in pain. Is the money worth it, Joe?

Exactly how many videos do they have of them "casually" sitting around the house, clasping hands and praying? How does that work? Do they get someone and tell them to make a video while they pray? 

Elizabeth looks so, so skinny. 

"It isn't about food here." It is a damn meal Gwen! What is the point of a meal if it isn't about food?!

WTF is with the awkward leaning up against each other's backs at the end? They are so so painful to watch. They clearly don't have any sort of connection. 

That ending. My innocent mind did not need to see Joe crawl around like a dog chasing Gwen trying to be "sexy." That is one way to get people to not eat. 

Joe's had so much Botox that he can't actually do much with his face. But it sure doesn't take much for him to look creepy. Rather shocking that doggie crawling scene. These people are completely without decency. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

I'm not a shrink, not even an armchair shrink, and don't play one on TV, but is it possible that Michael' weight gain** is a sign of deep, deep depression?

He never looks happy in his photos, at times downright haunted.  I seem to remember  someone mentioning several threads back that he's gone though periods of depression/ weight gain/ drinking(?) before.

Now he has to contend with his mother throwing his dad aside for Tarzan and a quickie marriage that includes acting as if her first marriage never happened. Plus he's now cut out of everything -- photos, services, fake Thanksgiving videos, RF music, etc. -- as if he doesn't exist, although his wife and daughters are still front and cent

Can any of the former RF-ers who knew him shed light on this?

** No shade on Micheal or anyone gaining weight.  However, given the craziness of RF in general. the extreme thinness obsession and the mindset to pretend that XYZ doesn't exist/never happened if it doesn't fit into the perfect RF life picture-- it seems that this is more than just putting on a few pounds

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

-Sorry kids, I know we were supposed to go to Dollywood today but....Ted Anger called and so I need to go wipe his ass and kiss his butt. This is such a high honor to serve my authority. And we are so blessed to also be able to provide the double ply, quilted teepee. Kids, the Lord is great! He is so amazing to allow us the opportunity to show him our devotion and sacrifice by giving up the thing that would give us pleasure and instead do the thing that would give one our leaders even more pleasure. 

?

I’m guessing you say this in jest, but crap like that would happen. Oh I know we were supposed to do XYZ but *insert leader* brought up that we should do *normally something like a class or gathering* so we are going to do that instead. We have to follow God’s Spirit!

Edited by RFsurvivor
Grammar is hard sometimes
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 3

Gwen— if you are trying to fake an idealistic and pastoral Thanksgiving social media video despite your little Lord Fauntleroy grandchildren, absent son, underweight daughter, and semi-enthusiastic golddigging replacement husband, the least you could do is pay for a cameraman or editor brave enough to tell you ‘no’ about that creepy crawling-up-the-stairs schtick. It’s pathetic how pot-committed your cultists must be in order to keep making excuses for you. And buy some foundation at the Dollar Store that actually matches your skin! 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 4

23 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Your authorities come next – spiritual shepherds, husband, boss, parents, teacher

Of course Gwen puts herself above everyone else including husbands and children. 

• Upvote 5

On 11/28/2019 at 5:00 AM, formergothardite said:

Are we supposed to believe this is what they do on a regular basis? I would just love to know the thought processes that led them to "Let's have some sex stuff with Joe acting like a dog and chasing Gwen into the bedroom."  

I'm still thinking about that scene (damn it!), and it's just so unnatural.  I think Gwen needed to have a little riding crop in hand, and then we could better understand the big picture of what goes on behind closed doors.  ? 

It really did make me lose my appetite, so I suppose in this instance her method worked, lol!  ? 

• Haha 8

These two are getting married today. They look like they aren’t even old enough to drive. The push for young marriage in fundie land is beyond creepy. 

82EA0ED5-A4CF-4F93-9EA3-E9AD71352560.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 1

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

These two are getting married today. They look like they aren’t even old enough to drive. The push for young marriage in fundie land is beyond creepy. 

Yes! And when you read "their" story, it isn't really about them. His starts with being born into Remnant Fellowship and hers starts with her mom signing up for Weigh Down.  

.......the roof of the pool house at Ashlawn, the beautiful estate home of Gwen and Joe Lara where he had the violin ensemble, two videographers, a photographer there as he proposed.......

The above is a quote from their wedding page. How sweet and personal. And so unlike the world, showing off their perfect lives. (Sorry, I am feeling REALLY snarky today.)

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 8
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Rufus Bless 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

it looks like he's asking her to the 8th grade dance

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7

This video makes me so nervous. 

Spoiler

We own side by sides and four wheelers and drive through creeks and woods. You never, ever,ever do that without a helmet. Not only do they not have helmets on anyone, including children driving four wheelers and riding on the back. They have people sitting on laps so there is no seat belt. Side by sides are generally safer than four wheelers but only if you properly use seat belts and helmets. 

Jesus Christ Gwen, spend some of that money on some damn helmets. 

If I'm reading it correctly Gwen and Joe are actually breaking the law in TN because it seems like they require everyone under the age of 18 to wear a helmet. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic