IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

You have two choices. But, but...  this road goes in four directions.  FB_IMG_1575463054659.thumb.jpg.d2029d4098a4de9b0bca7cf3fb4c2e6a.jpg

Don't drink coffee to stave off hunger. (Everyone knows that you drink Diet Coke for that purpose.) 

Spoiler

Ending the Cycle by Stopping the Gimmicks

December 04, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We can end the cycle of holiday weight gain forever!  But it takes focus on that one thing, staying in His boundaries of hunger and fullness. People who are losing weight are dropping the distractions, stopping the dieting and ending the gimmicks. They are waiting for true stomach hunger, and when it comes, they are getting what God is leading—no more gimmicks with the food or dieting. We have to stop that to end the panic, the fears and the binge eating. There is no way to end binge eating unless you stop the gimmicks. You have to figure out what it is that you have really been longing for. And maybe it is breakfast, but you have been skipping it for years…so all morning long you are drinking coffee, but your body did not want that coffee. You were drinking it to try to ward off hunger, then eating lettuce for lunch and trying to save up your hunger for the evening…but you were miserable skipping all of those hungers. You are going thru these panic stages of not giving your body or your heart what it really wanted. It creates a tension that builds inside of you because you are never satisfying anything. It would be like the person never being able to sleep when they are sleepy—or never getting to breathe when they need air. It is a panic that comes over you. And it will never go away as long as you are in control. You do not realize that the very thing you are doing to try to speed up weight loss is the very thing that is messing you up. You are the one in control.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

Spoiler

This laughter is all so very, very fake. And what brings Gwen joy is getting on the scales and seeing Joe weighs more than her? That is really weird and unhealthy. More clips of Joe chasing her around. We don't need to see that Gwen and Joe. Please don't do that to us anymore.  Joe is happy that Gwen doesn't bring any drama into the marriage? I find that hard to believe. 

Joe has done so much to his face he can't look happy or joyful. He just gets scary eyes when he is trying to look like he is enjoying himself. 

46 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

You have two choices. But, but...  this road goes in four directions.  FB_IMG_1575463054659.thumb.jpg.d2029d4098a4de9b0bca7cf3fb4c2e6a.jpg

Don't drink coffee to stave off hunger. (Everyone knows that you drink Diet Coke for that purpose.) 

Reveal hidden contents

Ending the Cycle by Stopping the Gimmicks

December 04, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We can end the cycle of holiday weight gain forever!  But it takes focus on that one thing, staying in His boundaries of hunger and fullness. People who are losing weight are dropping the distractions, stopping the dieting and ending the gimmicks. They are waiting for true stomach hunger, and when it comes, they are getting what God is leading—no more gimmicks with the food or dieting. We have to stop that to end the panic, the fears and the binge eating. There is no way to end binge eating unless you stop the gimmicks. You have to figure out what it is that you have really been longing for. And maybe it is breakfast, but you have been skipping it for years…so all morning long you are drinking coffee, but your body did not want that coffee. You were drinking it to try to ward off hunger, then eating lettuce for lunch and trying to save up your hunger for the evening…but you were miserable skipping all of those hungers. You are going thru these panic stages of not giving your body or your heart what it really wanted. It creates a tension that builds inside of you because you are never satisfying anything. It would be like the person never being able to sleep when they are sleepy—or never getting to breathe when they need air. It is a panic that comes over you. And it will never go away as long as you are in control. You do not realize that the very thing you are doing to try to speed up weight loss is the very thing that is messing you up. You are the one in control.

I bet the fork that leads to death has food on it and the fork to life is really a straw to sip diet coke. 

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 1

she pronounced GIF as jiff. wtf. seriously, wtf. also...huh huh huh huh...way to fake laugh guys. can't even pretend well. and why the spanx? isn't living on diet coke taking away that 40 year old baby belly? all i see in every one of these videos is them showing off all the things their money (given to them, not earned in any way) has bought them, gross.

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

You have two choices.

I am laughing so much right now!!!  That isn't a fork in the road...it's a split road.  Look at the dashes!  Drivers will go up one side, AROUND the hill and back on the other side.  It's such a metaphor for her not diet thing she's rockin'!  Just drive in circles!!! LOL!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Insightful said:

I am laughing so much right now!!!  That isn't a fork in the road...it's a split road.  Look at the dashes!  Drivers will go up one side, AROUND the hill and back on the other side.  It's such a metaphor for her not diet thing she's rockin'!  Just drive in circles!!! LOL!

Ha ha!  That was my first thought, "Isn't that a roundabout?"  Then I wondered when she said "fork in the road," maybe she meant a kitchen utensil.  (@formergothardite said it better.)  With Gwen, the only thing that is clear is she wants your money. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

On 12/2/2019 at 10:02 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Oh dear ... I can't decide which is worse -- Michael's pompadour hair or Elizabeth's shapeless prairie dress that looks like a bad home sewing project made of really cheap cotton.  Maybe it's a tie. The Zion shoulder straps are definitely in 2nd place though.

Silly FJ-ers  We all know that Satan food is.  It's Devil's food cake with double chocolate fudge icing.

I'm hungry and that sounds really good.  I think I will buy that at the grocery store this weekend and eat it while reveling in the joy of not having to deal with these Remnant wackos any longer.  

How can anyone in Remnant look at the appearance of the "royal family" in that pic and think they are God's holy people? Michael's fat, Gwen looks like a psycho zombie, Joe looks like he is stepping on a Lego, and Elizabeth looks unhealthy and underweight.  The whole "God will bless your appearance if you obey hunger and fullness" spiel that they use to help recruit desperate Weigh Down participants is really collapsing around them.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

she pronounced GIF as jiff. wtf. seriously, wtf. 

Apparently the guy who came up with the format recently pronounced "jif" as the correct way to say it. I am protesting, because 1) that's ridiculous after all these years and 2) it stands for "graphics interchange format" or something similar (college was ages ago, sorry) and thus it MUST be a hard G imo. I am not a Jraphic designer. It's got a hard G. Thus saith me.

(Also, I cannot say "Jinger" as "Ginger" without really stopping to think about it. The way it's spelled it rhymes with "ringer" and that's how I've always read it even though I know it's not meant to be that way! Couldn't they have committed and gone with "Jinjer" to make it sort of work?)

39 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

Ha ha!  That was my first thought, "Isn't that a roundabout?"  Then I wondered when she said "fork in the road," maybe she meant a kitchen utensil.  (@formergothardite said it better.)  With Gwen, the only thing that is clear is she wants your money. 

Yeah my first thought was "but that road goes in a circle?"

She doesn't care, really. Lose weight, gain weight, she doesn't care. If it makes you keep investing in more Weighdown materials she's good with it, and probably prefers people go in circles! 

As long as Gwen is skinny and people worship her and "bless" her with lots of ca$h, she's happy. 

• Upvote 10

Re Gwen and her dismissive attitude toward exercise: I have a friend who is a trim former college gymnast. She admits having body image issues because her mother constantly bragged about never weighing over 100 pounds. Her mother brags about still being thin despite never having exercised a day in her life—and now that she’s in her 70s, it’s coming back to bite her. She lacks stamina, balance, and strength, and I wouldn’t be surprised if she has osteoporosis. But, hey, she’s thin and that’s all that counts!

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

We have to stop that to end the panic, the fears and the binge eating...You are going thru these panic stages of not giving your body or your heart what it really wanted. It creates a tension that builds inside of you because you are never satisfying anything...It is a panic that comes over you. And it will never go away as long as you are in control. 

Oh my god, Gwen. Just shut up already about panic. One more time: panic is not a feeling that most people associate with food. Fear, tension, and panic are more in line with those who have ED, not with a little over indulgence during the holidays.

Does anyone else remember the Seinfeld episode where Jerry gets an assistant who keeps telling him not to freak out? She says it so much and so often that he gets really anxious and freaks out. This is Gwen. She's creating a problem that doesn't exsist.

• Upvote 11

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Just shut up already about panic. One more time: panic is not a feeling that most people associate with food.

Agreed!  It's called being HANGRY.  If I've crossed that hunger line and I'm getting bitchy, I'm HANGRY, not panicky.  There is a HUGE difference.  That tension that builds is caused, imo from NEVER FEELING FULL.  Could you imagine hanging around hangry people ALL of the time?!?  What a life!  Pure paradise, Gwen.

• Upvote 11

This woman/WeighDown is an eating disorder trigger machine.  There is NOTHING healthy going on here. Nothing.  Does she ever mention the word "health?"  It sounds like perpetual torment. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Today we learn that Gwen has never seen a child 

Spoiler

There is a New Life Waiting for You!

December 05, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

This world is not special, for it will pass away—however, the man who does the will of the Father will live forever.(I John 2:17) That is special! You think food or alcohol or lust or fortune are special? Is it special to go eat? No, it is not special. Food is not special. God and His Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and self-control is special! That should make your heart rate go up! That should make you excited—a chance to get close to God, a chance to commune with God through Jesus Christ. King David considered this relationship with God better than gold and sweeter than honey. That is exceptional, that is superior! Food, alcohol, or TV is not the reward you give yourself at the end of the hard day anymore. It is God and a relationship with Him, a chance to get alone with Him. That is what you reward yourself with. Yes, you have to eat food, but look at little children. They are not excited about the food. They are excited about life, about fellowship with their parents and other children, and they love God with a simple, childlike heart. Unless we become like little children in heart and love for God we will not enter the Kingdom of God. There is a whole new life out there waiting for you beyond the food.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

50 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

but look at little children. They are not excited about the food.

@AmazonGrace, you are so right!  I've never met a child who isn't excited about food.  Now, it may not be the foods adults enjoy but give them a hamburger, slice of pizza, or a cupcake and you've made their day!  Give me a break, Gwen.  You and your ED are so out of touch with the real world!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

but look at little children. They are not excited about the food. They are excited about life, about fellowship with their parents and other children, and they love God with a simple, childlike heart.

She is obsessed with children not eating and not caring about food. The poor kids in that church. 

More way too much info "outtakes" in this video. Gwen says she loves coconut, eating it and putting it on her body. Joe says she calls him coconut. Gwen actually manages to look a bit embarrassed at that comment. 

I didn't watch the video, just skipped to the end to see what cringe worthy thing they did. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 4

I was ALMOST curious enough to click on that video....almost.  But I guess I've internalized Gwen; I heard a voice say, "Musn't" so I didn't. 

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

those poor dolphins, forced to be entertainers for the masses. i assume gwen didn't do the dolphin "encounter" because she didn't want to get her "hair" wet. she's back to that awful, too white makeup and joe's twirling her again. yuck to it all.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Reveal hidden contents

There is a New Life Waiting for You!

December 05, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

This world is not special, for it will pass away—however, the man who does the will of the Father will live forever.(I John 2:17) That is special! You think food or alcohol or lust or fortune are special? Is it special to go eat? No, it is not special. Food is not special. God and His Spirit of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, and self-control is special! That should make your heart rate go up! That should make you excited—a chance to get close to God, a chance to commune with God through Jesus Christ. King David considered this relationship with God better than gold and sweeter than honey. That is exceptional, that is superior! Food, alcohol, or TV is not the reward you give yourself at the end of the hard day anymore. It is God and a relationship with Him, a chance to get alone with Him. That is what you reward yourself with. Yes, you have to eat food, but look at little children. They are not excited about the food. They are excited about life, about fellowship with their parents and other children, and they love God with a simple, childlike heart. Unless we become like little children in heart and love for God we will not enter the Kingdom of God. There is a whole new life out there waiting for you beyond the food.

I feel like this is not the first time that Gwen has not seen a child. She says food and lust and alcohol are not special. Therefore I  would have to say that she doesn't want me to have any fun in the sack or drink either. And today I have control but the other day I wasn't allowed it? She's sucking the fun right out of the holidays!

Question about Michael. Is he totally supported by the church and Gwen and therefore can never escape? Or does he have an education and career outside of the church? Does Gwen blame Erin somehow for Michael not being as involved? Is Erin in the dog house with Gwen as long as Michael isn't perfect enough? I agree that his weight gain is probably depression related. And I don't blame him. He needs to tell his mama to f-off and I'd bet he'd feel a lot better.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She is obsessed with children not eating and not caring about food. The poor kids in that church. 

More way too much info "outtakes" in this video. Gwen says she loves coconut, eating it and putting it on her body. Joe says she calls him coconut. Gwen actually manages to look a bit embarrassed at that comment. 

I didn't watch the video, just skipped to the end to see what cringe worthy thing they did. 

OMG.  In the contest for the weirdest looking fundie, Gwen wins hands down.  Hasn't anyone had the courage to tell her that her hair looks like a hay stack?  And she looks as if she's about two days away from fatal starvation.  About two minutes in, I just wanted to force feed her a couple of Big Macs.

• Haha 5

I wonder how long it will be until Joe is totally bored with her.....I figure once he can sock away enough money he is out of there.....I give him 2-3 years to pick up a girlfriend and out of there on five unless Gwen turns a blind eye to his antics.   Either that, or he will take on a ton of activities she wants nothing to do with.  

Gwen has got to be draining to be around.  She constantly needs to be praised, and worshiped.  I don’t know how anyone could deal with this year after year.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Yes, you have to eat food, but look at little children. They are not excited about the food.

Has Gwen ever been to a birthday party at a pizza place? Has she ever had to feed 25 elementary school kids hopped up like spider monkeys on Mountain Dew? Let me tell you, kids lose their minds over pizza and cake. 

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

@Alisamer yay for a Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch reference! I believe the HHGoA instructions come from the Book of Armaments. 

Gwen is just batshit insane. I’ve been trying to lose weight recently (I’m close to my goal). Thing is, I know that Christmas is coming up, and that I will be eating more than usual. I don’t really care, though. I know I’ll be putting on weight over the festive period but I also know that I can lose it again. And no, I’m not doing it by “waiting for the growl”. 

• Upvote 7

59 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

I wonder how long it will be until Joe is totally bored with her.....I figure once he can sock away enough money he is out of there.....I give him 2-3 years to pick up a girlfriend and out of there on five unless Gwen turns a blind eye to his antics.   Either that, or he will take on a ton of activities she wants nothing to do with.  

Gwen has got to be draining to be around.  She constantly needs to be praised, and worshiped.  I don’t know how anyone could deal with this year after year.  

I give him five years at the most. Sure the plastic surgery makes it hard for him to move his face, but he always looks absolutely miserable. I don't think he can take a decade of being Gwen's trained monkey. Joe isn't dumb, I suspect he will make sure he walks out of that marriage with enough money to live comfortable. 

Gwen not only has to emotionally drain everyone around her, they can't even eat! And since she has mentioned her and Joe weighing themselves together I bet she monitors his weight like crazy. 

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, MayMay1123 said:

she's back to that awful, too white makeup and joe's twirling her again.....

Maybe not. That's an older video posted in September.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

5 hours ago, Insightful said:

@AmazonGrace, you are so right!  I've never met a child who isn't excited about food.  Now, it may not be the foods adults enjoy but give them a hamburger, slice of pizza, or a cupcake and you've made their day!  Give me a break, Gwen.  You and your ED are so out of touch with the real world!

Seriously. I know a twelve year old girl who can put down two whole adult (American!) restaurant portions of chicken tenders in a sitting. (Granted, she doesn't eat much at lunchtime - ADHD meds.) Kids do get excited about food. My cousins weren't allowed sweets at home, so they LOVED going to grandma's house - she had little Debbie cakes and would let them eat BOTH the ones in the pack, if they wanted. If they were lucky she'd make her famous chocolate pie. Part of the excitement about holidays is the food - even now, they're adults, but they really love when my mom does the cooking for holidays. They look forward to her mac & cheese all year, and have since they were young children. There were actual tears the year the mac & cheese got dropped in the driveway on the way into grandma's house.

I do see how Gwen believing this about kids kind of supports her own preferences. If "kids aren't excited about food" and therefore you are supposed to be like a kid, it makes her preference for soda and foods that kids like seem more "godly".  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

On a different note -- I cringe when I watch her talking to kids. She's clearly talking at them, not to them. I have trouble following her nonsensical, broken ramblings, I can't imagine the kids are able to make any sense out of what she's saying.

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic