IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

16 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I have never in my life thought this nor have I ever heard anyone express this. Have any of you??

I may have thought things weren't fair occasionally but never did I think that it was because God was taking advantage of me. What on earth could God want that he could not get easier than stealing from me?

If you have delusions of grandeur, your sinful thoughts may also have been touched by grandiosity.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Gwod makes you richer, healthier and happier because she is Gwod.

More about the grandiosity: If you're with Gwod the whole universe will know how godly you are  (And most of my neighbors don't know that I exist.)

Spoiler

The Loving, Merciful, Wonderful, True Master!

December 08, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

What a joy to know that you are showing the whole Universe that you love God more than anything, and it points to Who the authority is in this Universe. This is essential and fundamental, and it is a guilt-free life. It is a choice that costs you nothing, a free choice that saves you money. You actually put currency in your pocket from these life choices—fewer doctor bills, pharmaceutical bills, every-size wardrobe bills, diet program bills, lower food and alcohol bills, and fewer counseling bills. This is the grace of God: to be able to choose Him to love so that you do not overdo it on anything in the world.

Why is this grace? It is grace because our nature is to be a slave to something, and the Lord God Almighty is the only loving, merciful, and wonderful Master in the Universe. All other masters are tyrants, dictators, oppressors, persecutors, authoritarians, totalitarians. By grace we have been saved to give our allegiance to the only one Good God in existence. We have a 70-year job interview on Earth, and by grace, if we work for the right boss, we will be hired by the right boss. To be born again—to have a whole new life—you have to stop working for yourself, stop working for evil and evil desires, and work for the One Good Boss, God Almighty. Loving the world is painful—it hurts, and it will never love you back. It is the ultimate unrequited love. It is grace because without Christ’s sacrifice, the Holy Spirit and personality of God would not have been sent to us to dwell in our hearts; we could never have been born again, we would be heavier than ever, angrier, more depressed, having every bad spirit and none of God’s wonderful Spirit in our lives.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

On 12/6/2019 at 8:10 PM, formergothardite said:

~Joe says that boys are taught that when they grow up they get to be the man of the house. Keeper of the gate. Stuff like that. 

~Joe drones on about how men want to provide for and protect their wife and kids. How men want to shield his family from danger. Men doing this is important. 

~Joe holds Gwen's hand when she walks down stairs(insert lots of clips of Gwen walking down stairs) so she won't fall. It is how he protects her. 

~Joe makes sure Gwen gets into the car safely. Is getting into a car dangerous? 

~It gives Joe a tremendous sense of purpose to know Gwen is safe. Clips of Joe locking doors and windows is shown. 

~Clips of military camps while Gwen says he has friends there. He really likes being around those type of guys(not enough to enlist) because they have a sheepdog mentality.

~Repeat of the same clips of Joe locking doors and windows. 

~Weird joke between Gwen and Joe where he says he heard a bump in the night and sends Gwen to look. It isn't funny. 

~When Joe goes out he is constantly looking for danger. He only sits at restaurants where he can see the door. Joe is beginning to sound paranoid. 

~Joe also protects Gwen's heart. 

~If the dark forces ever manifest against them Joe vows to never stand behind her because he will be in front of her. God has put it on Joe to protect Gwen's holy message. This is so, so cult like. 

~Joe marching around the kitchen pretending like he has a gun and Gwen says this is what he does around her bed at night. 

Reveal hidden contents

Sounds paranoid af, especially the restaurant part. I bet this is Gwen and Joe in ten years: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1093741

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

What a joy to know that you are showing the whole Universe that you love God more than anything,

Not possible. I know like, 6 people outside of my immediate family. Besides, most of the universe is empty space and doesn't give a shit but ok. 

You actually put currency in your pocket from these life choices—fewer doctor bills, pharmaceutical bills, every-size wardrobe bills, diet program bills, lower food and alcohol bills, and fewer counseling bills.

Here we go again with Gwen's transactional god. And again we see that Gwen views the unwashed masses as a bunch of sad fatties. 

We have a 70-year job interview on Earth, and by grace, if we work for the right boss, we will be hired by the right boss.

Our time on earth is an unpaid internship? The average US life span is around eighty years so you just have to behave for 70 of them to get the job.

Loving the world is painful—it hurts, and it will never love you back. It is the ultimate unrequited love.

What the hell does this even mean? Does she mean literally loving the planet? Is it about loving your time on earth? How is it unrequited? 

The only way to understand Gwen is to use half your brain cells. She serves up the strangest word salad.

Edited by SuperNova
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

Sounds paranoid af, especially the restaurant part. I bet this is Gwen and Joe in ten years: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1093741

The way Joe was matching up and down in the video pretending to hold a gun was truly disgusting. I used to think he was merely addle-pated, but now he's borderline depraved. Enabling Gwen's dangerous cult behaviors the way he does (and David Shamblin did for decades) is particularly reprehensible. 

4 minutes ago, SuperNova said:

Not possible. I know like, 6 people outside of my immediate family. Besides, most of the universe is empty space and doesn't give a shit but ok. 

Here we go again with Gwen's transactional god. And again we see that Gwen views the unwashed masses as a bunch of sad fatties. 

So earth is an unpaid internship? The average US life span is around eighty years so you just have to behave for 70 of them to get the job.

What the hell does this even mean? Does she mean literally loving the planet? Is it about loving your time on earth? How is it unrequited? 

The only way to understand Gwen is to use half your brain cells. She serves up the strangest word salad.

Gwen ought to be fined for being this stupid. 

Edited by NarcissismKills
Typo
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

You actually put currency in your pocket from these life choices—fewer ...diet program bills....

I guess she forgot she charges for WeighDown

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 7

Just popping in here to say that the amount of male protection I’ve needed throughout my adult life (which includes 24 years of singleness and 22 years of being married to one jamoke or another) has been exactly zero. I guess Gwen had to assign Joe some kind of job.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Hane said:

Just popping in here to say that the amount of male protection I’ve needed throughout my adult life (which includes 24 years of singleness and 22 years of being married to one jamoke or another) has been exactly zero. I guess Gwen had to assign Joe some kind of job.

To be fair, if you looked like Gwen, you might need protection.  If there's a stiff wind blowing, Joe might need to hold her to keep her from blowing away.  And she probably falls off her her chunky shoes a lot.  If her hair falls over her eyes, he might need to lead her around so she doesn't trip over things.  And she's always in danger of being hauled away to some place where they only let you write with crayons and where the walls are nicely padded.

Yeah.  Gwen is a special case.

• Upvote 11

32 minutes ago, Xan said:

To be fair, if you looked like Gwen, you might need protection.  If there's a stiff wind blowing, Joe might need to hold her to keep her from blowing away.  And she probably falls off her her chunky shoes a lot.  If her hair falls over her eyes, he might need to lead her around so she doesn't trip over things.  And she's always in danger of being hauled away to some place where they only let you write with crayons and where the walls are nicely padded.

Yeah.  Gwen is a special case.

Joe doesn't seem to be able to protect Gwen from showing us her underwear in every single video. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6

12 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

Joe doesn't seem to be able to protect Gwen from showing us her underwear in every single video. 

I still cannot understand the need for anyone as thin as Gwen to wear Spanx.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

Spanx makes her appear even thinner. Except for Elizabeth, no one in RF is as thin as Gwod.

Gwod is perfect. Gwod is without sin. Gwod has triumphed over food and hunger. Gwod is sustained by Jesus' word alone.

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who's the thinnest of them all?

• Upvote 11

On 11/12/2019 at 6:02 PM, Blue said:

Our current church doesn't have a Seder meal at all, but yes... we share a good relationship with the local Jewish congregation. We're invited yearly (and many go) to their Hanukkah celebration on the first night. I won't say that we're all besties... but we do share a good relationship. 

Again, I think there's a difference between trying to mock an incredibly spiritual experience (i.e. communion, bat mitzvah, etc...) and a church spending a Sunday learning about and sharing in the traditions of Hanukkah. As much as people have strong convictions that doing so is absolutely horrible and disrespectful, I have strong convictions otherwise. As a Christian, my Savior was Jewish... to pretend that my faith doesn't have Jewish roots, or that Old Testament feasts and customs aren't important, seems silly to me. Again, there is clearly a wrong way to do so... and I personally think that Gwen does it the wrong way (including dressing in white for purity at Purim... it frustrates me because it's just horribly clear that she's just turning the Jewish holidays into a reason to throw a party and feel better than everyone else). I guess it's something I'd just have to agree to disagree on.

Oof, coming in late and going out on a limb, here. I wonder if the difference is intent and between edification and education. Is a non-Jewish person performing a ritual in order to learn, or is that person wanting to earn brownie points?

Reading these threads made me remember faaaaaar back to a Sunday school lesson where the meal was eaten so that we 9-year-olds had a better sense of the event and history.  30+ years later, who knows if the lesson is as appropriate as I remember. But I am grateful that "it was made real" to my developing mind.

Back to the present: the uptick on hate crimes against Jewish peoples and persons of color should make us ALL step back, and take into account how we could have done better and how we can DO better. 

• Upvote 8

49 minutes ago, FilleMondaine said:

Oof, coming in late and going out on a limb, here. I wonder if the difference is intent and between edification and education. Is a non-Jewish person performing a ritual in order to learn, or is that person wanting to earn brownie points?

Reading these threads made me remember faaaaaar back to a Sunday school lesson where the meal was eaten so that we 9-year-olds had a better sense of the event and history.  30+ years later, who knows if the lesson is as appropriate as I remember. But I am grateful that "it was made real" to my developing mind.

Back to the present: the uptick on hate crimes against Jewish peoples and persons of color should make us ALL step back, and take into account how we could have done better and how we can DO better. 

Absolutely 100% - which is why I think Gwen's "We celebrate Jewish holidays because we're better than ya'll 'regular' Christians" is so disrespectful.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Xan said:

To be fair, if you looked like Gwen, you might need protection.  If there's a stiff wind blowing, Joe might need to hold her to keep her from blowing away.  And she probably falls off her her chunky shoes a lot. 

She'll need him when she eventually breaks a bone or two. Thin, white women past menopause are at risk for osteoporosis. And studies have shown that sodas with phosphoric acid in them cause further bone loss. She's adding risk by tottering around in platform shoes all the time.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Spanx makes her appear even thinner. Except for Elizabeth, no one in RF is as thin as Gwod.

Gwod is perfect. Gwod is without sin. Gwod has triumphed over food and hunger. Gwod is sustained by Jesus' word alone.

Mirror, mirror on the wall
Who's the thinnest of them all?

This reminds me of something a coworker said back in the ‘80s, and that made me WTF so hard. She’d worn a French maid costume to a Halloween party and was pissed off that she hadn’t won the “best costume” prize. She said, “I at least should have won a prize for being the skinniest one there!”

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 6

11 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

She's adding risk by tottering around in platform shoes all the time.

Even her boots are high heels! She must be so very sensitive about her height, but can't grasp that the high hair and high heels just make her look ridiculous and call attention to her height. I wouldn't have thought about how tall she really is if she wasn't constantly tottering around in platform shoes and hair to the sky. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

55 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

Even her boots are high heels! She must be so very sensitive about her height, but can't grasp that the high hair and high heels just make her look ridiculous and call attention to her height. I wouldn't have thought about how tall she really is if she wasn't constantly tottering around in platform shoes and hair to the sky. 

Well, we all know that stripper heels are the Godliest shoes out there! 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 8

The higher the heels, the closer to GodGwod...

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 9

On 12/8/2019 at 7:44 AM, AmazonGrace said:

You actually put currency in your pocket from these life choices—fewer doctor bills, pharmaceutical bills, every-size wardrobe bills, diet program bills, lower food and alcohol bills, and fewer counseling bills. This is the grace of God: to be able to choose Him to love so that you do not overdo it on anything in the world.

I just re-read AmazonGrace's post of what Gwen posted on 12/8/19. My aunt's MIL died of lung cancer. She was a devout Christian, she had huge medical bills. My sister and her family are devout also, my nephew has DMD, his wheelchair costs over $30,000 (yes that is 4 zeros), not to mention his dozen or so drugs every single day. My good friend has faith (doesn't go to church much but has a deep faith) and she counseling bills because her last 2 relationships have been with asshole men and she is trying to fix herself and not make the mistake again (which she isn't so far, she now has a wonderful boyfriend). But do you know how much damage long term relationships with manipulative, mansplaning, mentally abusive assholes can do to a smart, sweet, giving, caring woman? (I know I am preaching to the FJ choir here!) I don't know anyone that has "every-size wardrobes" I know people that have a size up or down but not complete freaking wardrobes. And I really hope everyone spends money each week/month on food! 

Gwen Shamblin Lara of Remnant Fellowship is so harmful and abusive by teaching that you are less than if you have medical bills, different sized clothes, counseling bills and (god forbid) food bills! 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, formergothardite said:

I wonder why she's so sensitive about her height. I've heard people say disparaging things about short men but I've only heard admiring things about short women, especially if they're thin. 

• Upvote 3

Are we sure that sign doesn't say "You can overcomb", and that's why her hair looks like that?

Gwen thinks we shop, talk and drink alcohol because our body calls for it.

Spoiler

More Is Not Better

December 09, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

Comments are off

A greedy man stirs up dissension, but he who trusts in the Lord will prosper. Proverbs 28:25

God has programmed an amazing characteristic deep inside each of us: The more you eat, the more you will want…but the LESS you eat, the LESS you will want! This is true for shopping, for alcohol, for drugs, or for self-indulgent hours in the day. “More” is not necessarily better, and in fact, greed feels horrible! Of course, you have to obtain what your body calls for – but then STOP the minute you have had enough of sleep, food, shopping, alcohol, talking, etc. You will feel so content, and you will receive such blessings! Just test this today and see what happens!

Well, technically it's true I suppose. Most things that we decide to do happen because our brain decides it for some reason. And brain is a part of the body. But nevertheless this doesn't make one lick of sense to me.  What kind of growl tells you that your body is calling for alcohol? Talking? How can you tell that your body has had enough talking and to talk more would be too much? Usually talking too much depends on the social context.

Edited by AmazonGrace
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

On 12/6/2019 at 5:34 AM, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen thinks she's done with sin because she's thin. Eating is the only sin that matters to her.

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1.8

I wonder if she's ever read THAT verse.

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 12/7/2019 at 7:35 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Joe holds her hand on the stairs? That reminds me of Queen Victoria’s childhood. She was never allowed to use the stairs without someone holding her hand. She was completely overprotected during her childhood. Now Gwen as an adult is proud to be overprotected by her husband? Weird. 

Also if her home was built in 1832 in Tennessee, wouldnt there be a good chance it was built by slaves? I don’t know if I would be proud of the year it was built if that was the history. 

I definitely think it was probably an old plantation based on the aesthetic of the house and layout of the land and the fact that it is an old historic home. 

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic