IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

1 minute ago, quiversR4hunting said:

I figured the same thing. Here is the post for all people not on IG

Screenshot_20191125-142018_Instagram.thumb.jpg.c05d9112ff76a4ff21951a468ca6cea6.jpg

Now everyone can see Blanket the muppet dog. He is cute. But I’m not a dog person. And I’m not a fan of designer dogs in general.

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Now everyone can see Blanket the muppet dog. He is cute. But I’m not a dog person. And I’m not a fan of designer dogs in general.

I like dogs (don't want another one, too busy, wouldn't be fair to the dog), I do not like designer dogs nor bred dogs - there are so many strays, but Blanket is super cute. 

• Upvote 4

Does anyone with connections in RF know why Elizabeth and Michael and all of them stopped posting on Instagram around 2 years ago? For a group that, in general, has a huge social media presence, I'm surprised that her children and their spouses all but abandoned their Instagram. It looks like Brandon has an active presence but it seems to be 100% real estate focused.

Edited by Blue
Clarified Instagram vs. general social media.
  • Upvote 3

Is it just me or is it a bit weird and overly headship-y to refer to your mom's new husband and your mom in that order?

Mrs. Joe Lara has missed two daily devotionals.

• Upvote 6

Just now, AmazonGrace said:

Is it just me or is it a bit weird and overly headship-y to refer to your mom's new husband and your mom in that order?

I think it sounds very formal for your parents, but maybe in some areas that would be more customary.

• Upvote 3

7 hours ago, Blue said:

I think the weird thing about RF though is that the fasting focuses on weight. I grew up in a hard core Pentecostal church so fasting was around me all the time, but it was never about size or weight or even gluttony.

Yes , and that is the difference between anorexia mirabilis  and anorexia nervosa   .  

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I grew up IFB and fasting was common, but I agree, it was never about weight loss. Gwen won't even give up the drinks she love during her fasts. It is just an excuse for her to avoid eating food while consuming large amounts of diet soda. 

As I posted before , when engaged in prolonged fasts , beverages don't count as food .  So , in other words , to those who might not have known this .  ...  

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Marmion said:

As I posted before , when engaged in prolonged fasts , beverages don't count as food .  

Yes, but even in the links you posted before, they're clear that if you're doing a prolonged fast, you need to be consuming healthy beverages that provide healthy energy and nutrients... not living on diet coke (as she practically instructs her followers). ? 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

Yes, but even in the links you posted before, they're clear that if you're doing a prolonged fast, you need to be consuming healthy beverages that provide healthy energy and nutrients... not living on diet coke (as she practically instructs her followers). ? 

Yeah , I was mostly just trying to be tongue in cheek .  But you're right , getting the proper amount of nutrients is important .  

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, Marmion said:

Yes , and that is the difference between anorexia mirabilis  and anorexia nervosa   .  

So if I'm reading correctly (and I might not be) anorexia mirabilis is starving yourself to feel the suffering of God, and anorexia nervosa is starving yourself to become thin (and I apologize because I know that's understating both conditions, I'm just trying to make sure I'm getting it).

So I think what you're saying that that other religions might encourage a mild anorexia mirabilis (though not as a lifestyle, but as a defined amount of time to bring you closer to God) where as RF seems to promote more of anorexia nervosa (though AS a lifestyle, and with an end goal of becoming very thin) while excusing it as anorexia mirabilis? Pretty much saying "The suffering is worth it because you're going to become thin, and you should pray while you're at it that God helps you keep suffering so you can become thin and, thus, gain his approval."

ETA - I mean... I get how there are definitely aspects of RF that she pulled from other denominations... I do. But RF is so weird and unique in the spin they put on it and the full group focus on weight. 

Edited by Blue
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Blue said:

So if I'm reading correctly (and I might not be) anorexia mirabilis is starving yourself to feel the suffering of God, and anorexia nervosa is starving yourself to become thin (and I apologize because I know that's understating both conditions, I'm just trying to make sure I'm getting it).

So I think what you're saying that that other religions might encourage a mild anorexia mirabilis (though not as a lifestyle, but as a defined amount of time to bring you closer to God) where as RF seems to promote more of anorexia nervosa (though AS a lifestyle, and with an end goal of becoming very thin) while excusing it as anorexia mirabilis? Pretty much saying "The suffering is worth it because you're going to become thin, and you should pray while you're at it that God helps you keep suffering so you can become thin and, thus, gain his approval."

That and perhaps , based on my impression of Gwen's teachings , they believe that it is not enough to simply have the perfect soul , but also it is expected that one must also attain the perfect body .  The body being said to be the temple of the Holy Spirit . And so starvation is used as a type of mortification  in an attempt to achieve entire sanctification

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Marmion said:

That and perhaps , based on my impression of Gwen's teachings , they believe that it is not enough to simply have the perfect soul , but also it is expected that one must also attain the perfect body .  The body being said to be the temple of the Holy Spirit . And so starvation is used as a type of mortification  in an attempt to achieve entire sanctification

I think it's more like your physical body is also representative of your soul... like, if you have the perfect weight then you're obeying 100% and so that shows that your soul is perfect. They put the two together... not perfect body and perfect soul... but a perfect body is an indicator of a perfect soul...

I THINK...

Maybe a former RF member can confirm this.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, Blue said:

I think it's more like your physical body is also representative of your soul... like, if you have the perfect weight then you're obeying 100% and so that shows that your soul is perfect. They put the two together... not perfect body and perfect soul... but a perfect body is an indicator of a perfect soul...

I THINK...

Maybe a former RF member can confirm this.

They view extra weight as a visual indicator that your relationship with God is not right and you must not be 100% committed and following God’s spirit. 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 5

27 minutes ago, RFsurvivor said:

They view extra weight as a visual indicator that your relationship with God is not right and you must not be 100% committed and following God’s spirit. 

This. 

Also @Blue hit the nail on the head as well.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

Yesterday's devotional was published later than usual but it's more or less the same as today's. Just because it's Thanksgiving doesn't mean you have to stuff your face. You can start with the dessert,  sip your diet soda and throw the rest of the food on your plate to the garbage bin.  Or pack your food and take it home with you, most hostesses who worked all day to make you a fancy dinner will be honored if you eat nothing and bring the leftovers home to give them to your dog.

Spoiler

Approaching Special Occasion Meals

November 25, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

“I will praise God’s name in song and glorify him with thanksgiving.” Psalm 69:30

During this Thanksgiving week, many of you may be facing some temptations at family meals this week. Be very careful that you don’t fall into old habits. A huge suggestion that Weigh Down recommends is that you SLOW DOWN your eating! Slowing down and taking tiny bites is great for two reasons. First, you will be able to taste each bite instead of inhaling it. You can savor the quality instead of quantity. Second, you remain in much better control and can detect fullness better when you eat more slowly. The body processes food more slowly than the mouth chews it and swallows it. Therefore, it is important to eat slowly enough that your brain can signal your mouth that your stomach is full! Lift your eyes from the plate and take time to enjoy the company at the table, not just the food.

Here’s another tip. You’ve waiting for true hunger, and you feel like you are about to starve, but mealtime is still an hour away! Don’t panic. Just drink an ounce or two of juice or eat something very SMALL. This will satisfy your hunger enough to allow you to make it to mealtime. Also, having a few sips of juice or milk will calm your hunger so that when you DO approach the food, you will do so with control, not ravenous for anything and everything! But even if you aren’t able to eat a small snack, just remember that this hunger won’t kill you. Get busy with something God leads you to do – visiting with family, cleaning the house, etc. – and the gnawing sensation will usually go away after a few minutes and won’t come around again for a while, maybe an hour. Just do not use this early hunger as an excuse to eat two meals!

What about after the meal? You are satisfied, but there is still food on your plate. If you are at home or with family, you can cover it and save it for later, or you can throw it away! If you are eating in a restaurant, you can leave it on your plate, or you can ask for a carryout and take it home. We have the misconception that it is wrong to leave food on the plate, but that is a myth perpetuated by some parents. The problem is GREED—whether it is helping yourself to too much or eating too much. If you have served yourself and later realize that your eyes were bigger than your stomach, learn to serve yourself smaller portions. If someone else prepares your plate, whether it is at home or in a restaurant, that person has no idea how much you are hungry for and may bring you too much. You don’t have to eat food just because it is there. Eat until you are satisfied, and save the rest if it’s in good shape; otherwise throw it away. It’s simple.

You are going to feel so good this year when you approach the holiday meals with God’s control!

Spoiler

Special Occasion Meal Tips

November 26, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6-7

Here’s another batch of great Weigh Down tips to get you through holiday meals with peace and Godly control!

There’s nothing like getting together with family and special friends, especially at Thanksgiving and Christmas. All the bakeries display a festive array of cakes, pies, cookies, breads, and other tantalizing treats. And who can resist the smell of fresh bread baking, turkey roasting, or glazed ham baking in the oven? These special occasions also tend to revive old family recipes from past generations that can sometimes tempt us to binge. One tip to help you rise above the binge at large family meals is to first survey all the food and know what is available. Then you can choose the things that will be the most appealing to you at mealtime – rating your foods! After you have surveyed the food and selected your favorites—place small portions of what you have chosen on your plate: a piece of glazed ham instead of turkey and dressing, and sweet potatoes with marshmallows instead of the mashed potatoes and gravy. You might feel like adding some green beans and a dinner roll, and decide to wait on dessert for now. You can always come back for dessert if you aren’t satisfied yet, or you can always take some dessert home for later!

Now you are ready to sit and enjoy your holiday meal. Since you have already surveyed the food and selected your favorites, you can now rate the selections you have on your plate. Remember to eat the BEST bites first – don’t save the best for last anymore! And remember that you do NOT have to clean your plate! When you feel yourself approaching fullness, push the plate aside or simply cover it with your napkin. If the dessert looks good but you are satisfied, ask if you can fix a small take-home plate! Most hostesses will be honored that you would like to take some food home!

This time with family is a blessing and a gift from the Father. It is not a time to be relaxed and let old greedy habits reappear! Be strengthened in faith and overflowing with thankfulness, and remember that these special days are not all about the food – instead, make every day all about God!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

From Gwen Shamblin Lara's (creator of Weigh Down) devotional posted by @AmazonGrace

... just remember that this hunger won’t kill you.

Actually Gwen, hunger can kill you. It's called starvation and malnutrition. Seriously Remnant Fellowship followers, hunger can kill you. Look at Elizabeth Shamblin, it is literately killing her! 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

Or, Gwod, you can do what most people do: eat healthfully on the days surrounding Thanksgiving and allow yourself to enjoy the dinner! When I was doing my pre-Thanksgiving shopping, I made sure I bought myself lots of fresh fruit, veggies, and fish for my meals as well as what I needed for pie and bread baking.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

I feel such pity for Elizabeth. IMO if there is an eating disorder, it manifested in an attempt to please her mother and not God. She fangirls her mother ALOT while overlooking her mothers obvious moral deficiencies(highlighting the sketch new husband in her recent post). I'll bet most of her time is indeed spent just trying to do things that keep her in her mothers favor. That's call worshipping an idol, Elizabeth. It must just be exhausting trying to please Gwen Lara all day and everyday. Narcissists need constant praise or you fall out of favor quickly. I mean people that work for the Prez Trump know they can win a few points by tweeting something nice about him, even if they don't really mean it. I wonder if Elizabeth and Michael are close at all? Or do they fight for their mothers adoration. 

• Upvote 7

48 minutes ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

I feel such pity for Elizabeth. IMO if there is an eating disorder, it manifested in an attempt to please her mother and not God. She fangirls her mother ALOT while overlooking her mothers obvious moral deficiencies(highlighting the sketch new husband in her recent post). I'll bet most of her time is indeed spent just trying to do things that keep her in her mothers favor. That's call worshipping an idol, Elizabeth. It must just be exhausting trying to please Gwen Lara all day and everyday. Narcissists need constant praise or you fall out of favor quickly. I mean people that work for the Prez Trump know they can win a few points by tweeting something nice about him, even if they don't really mean it. I wonder if Elizabeth and Michael are close at all? Or do they fight for their mothers adoration. 

If Elizabeth is as sick with an eating disorder as she appears, I bet the rest of her time is just trying to keep enough energy to attend to daily life. :pb_sad:

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Also, having a few sips of juice or milk will calm your hunger so that when you DO approach the food, you will do so with control, not ravenous for anything and everything!

If you've waited until you're ravenous to eat, few sips of juice will do exactly nothing to quell hunger. 

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

...a piece of glazed ham instead of turkey and dressing, and sweet potatoes with marshmallows instead of the mashed potatoes and gravy. You might feel like adding some green beans and a dinner roll, and decide to wait on dessert for now.

Interesting that Gwen uses the most sugary items as her examples.

Gwen would be really proud of me at the thanksgiving table. The sight of large quantities of food is unappetizing to me and I eat virtually nothing. I can't help it. The feeling is more intense when I'm the one cooking because I've been handling tons of food for hours before the sit down. I'm useless at buffet and potlucks as well. My family is well aware of my issue and no one has a problem letting me make a plate for later. 

• Upvote 3
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

I take it your family has noticed that you're not eating?

Gwen's family cares so little about her that they won't even notice she didn't touch any of her food.

Spoiler

Biggest Tip: Invite God

November 27, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. Philippians 4:6

Yes, I have just a couple more tips to keep in mind as you approach family meals this week. We covered a few things yesterday, but what should you do if you are simply NOT physically hungry when the holiday meal is served? Just fix your plate, cover it, and set it aside for later. If you spend your time catching up with the company and enjoying visiting, most people won’t even realize you aren’t eating. You will enjoy the food much more when you are truly hungry later on.

Are you tempted to eat when you aren’t hungry – or overeat once you begin – simply because you feel like you won’t get this “holiday food” again for a whole year? Here’s a tip — ask for your favorite recipes! Most of the time, the person who prepared the dish is honored and will be very happy to share the recipe. Then you can prepare those family favorites like stuffing or casseroles yourself and enjoy them any time of the year, not just at the holidays! Delis and restaurants often have turkey and ham on the menu year-round. Bakeries can prepare a pumpkin pie at any time of year. Do not let yourself listen to the lie that “this is the only time I can enjoy this food.”

The biggest tip for getting through the temptation to overdo it at holiday meals? Don’t ever forget to invite God and Christ to the meal along with you! PRAY throughout your time at the meal, look for Ways of Escape, seek out what God wants you to do. Don’t hang out in the kitchen or around the food the whole time – get busy visiting or cleaning or serving others! Use this time to serve God first, then His people. What a blessing!

• Upvote 3

It’s crazy how often Michael is missing from all the family get togethers and family photos. His wife is there. His three children are there. But not him. It’s so messed up.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

are they insinuating that they're running up the stairs and then joe is crawling after her...for sex??? eww. and wth is going on with gwen's right thigh? something white, like a bandage, is on it? everything they write, and everything they say on video, just screams anorexia to me. gwen and her daughter are just so, so thin, really much too thin, on purpose.  this is such a weird cult

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

39 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Did he film it?

They didn't even have a spot for him at the table. For some reason, I think they have a film crew that produces all these cringe-worthy Joe & Gwen videos. 

My takeaway from the video - even during family time, the dress code is scripted. Elizabeth is always in black. Gwen has several wigs - one that is big, poofy and curly, which is still better than the monster thing she normally wears (check out the back of her hair in the mirror). Is Gwen wearing spanks under her dress (The white showing when she runs up the stairs). 

I also don't believe for one minute that Gwen actually cooks. Maybe some one here that has escaped can confirm. 

@MayMay1123 - i agree, I believe they are insinuating running up for sex. :puke-front:

Edited by quiversR4hunting
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic