IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

I still think the next thread title should be "Gwen Shamblin Lara 11: The Search for the Holy Growl". 

For all the crazy cult-like behavior and churchy stuff they do to prove they are better and more blessed than anyone else, the whole thing boils down to "focus your entire life on hunger, and give Gwen your money." Gwen really does worship food and hunger. She calls it God, but it's not. 

And how does she know that the initial hunger pangs AREN'T God speaking to people? Why does it have to be an actual audible growl? A cardinal landing on your bird feeder is a "sign from God" but hunger pains aren't?

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

I got home very hungry last night at 7 after not having eaten since lunchtime. No growl. Then I ate dinner, and the growl happened. Same thing at and after brunch today. Obvs I am not right with Gwod.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

FB_IMG_1573668315701.thumb.jpg.e3dcda7697fad4d00a84ece9c2a00198.jpg

But Gwen, have you ever considered that you see the pain because you're wearing someone else's shoes and they're not your size?

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, Hane said:

I got home very hungry last night at 7 after not having eaten since lunchtime. No growl. Then I ate dinner, and the growl happened. Same thing at and after brunch today. Obvs I am not right with Gwod.

God was telling you that you worked hard and needed dessert.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Just focus on the growl, it will help you connect with the Love of the Universe forever and ever.

This is the only choice you will ever have or need.

That is, unless you were a functioning adult. Then you would have other stuff you need to focus on. 

But fortunately you're a cult member, not a creature that is responsible for their choices.

Spoiler

Keeping it Simple

November 14, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Focusing on the growl is so important. There are no other choices, and you do not have any other things that you have to listen to. You do not have to find some special trick or gimmick…it is just the growl.

Everyone has had gimmicks and tricks. Maybe you refused to eat in the morning even if you had a growl. Your gimmicks made you dream about food. Your gim­micks have to go because they are making you obese, and the reason this happens is because gimmicks make you fall in love with the food. You panic for yourself. You panic that you are not going to get to the food. We must get back to the basics. We are going to wait for the growl, and then we are going to get exactly what we want to eat and we are going to tell ourselves, “I can eat this every time I growl for the rest of my life. And thank You, God. I can have this all the rest of my living days.” You do not need to be afraid of a certain food. You can still chop it up into small units, sip between bites and use all the tips you learned in Weigh Down Basics so you can slow down; then you look for that Way of Escape.

On one side, at the front end, we have the signs of hunger…and then a Way of Escape at the end. Your Way of Escape makes you feel so in tune to God—you found God Almighty. You found the Connection to Love, the Connection to the Universe, the Connection to being saved and living forever and ever and ever. And think about it…if you live forever and ever, if we do eat, whatever He is going to give us in Heaven is going to be better than any­thing we have ever had here on Earth.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

There are no other choices, and you do not have any other things that you have to listen to. 

There is no choice but hunger. Hunger is the only thing you listen to. 

Everyone has had gimmicks and tricks. Maybe you refused to eat in the morning even if you had a growl.

Or maybe you too Gwen's advice and you got hungry, but then you drank diet coke to fill up on fluids and then you went 36 hours without eating food. 

, and the reason this happens is because gimmicks make you fall in love with the food.

And worshiping the Growl makings you fall in love with starvation. Hunger is the only thing that matters to you. 

We are going to wait for the growl, and then we are going to get exactly what we want to eat and we are going to tell ourselves, “I can eat this every time I growl for the rest of my life. And thank You, God. I can have this all the rest of my living days.”

So obsess with your stomach growling and then you can eat junk food! This is how Gwod intended it!

ou can still chop it up into small units, sip between bites and use all the tips you learned in Weigh Down Basics so you can slow down; then you look for that Way of Escape.

So gimmicks that she literally just warned about a few sentences above are now good? 

Your Way of Escape makes you feel so in tune to God—you found God Almighty.

This is so, so creepy. You find God when you stop eating? 

• Upvote 10
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Do any former-RF people know why she is so obsessed with the growl specifically? If your basis is that God gave your body signals for when it needed food, a stomach growl is only one of them. If the whole point is to listen to the signals from your body, then a headache, stomachache, being lightheaded, or literally just feeling hungry are all also signals that God gave the body to tell you when you need to eat.

Why the obsession with "the growl?"

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, formergothardite said:

This is so, so creepy. You find God when you stop eating? 

Well, she's actually right about that one. Stop eating long enough and you'll get to meet him in person!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

8 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

You panic for yourself. You panic that you are not going to get to the food...You do not need to be afraid of a certain food.

Here we go again with panic. Most people don't have fear based or panicky thoughts attached to food.

There are reasonable exceptions to food based panic such as: 

-forgetting the office potluck

-discovering your turkey is still frozen on thanksgiving morning

-trying to beat someone to the last slice of cake at a buffet

-dropping a hot dog in the coals when BBQ-ing and trying to fish it out

-eating dinner with Gwen and frozen Joe

• Haha 10

On 11/12/2019 at 10:24 PM, HereComesTreble said:

That’s not my way of thinking; but if a Christian is trying to live as Jesus did, earnestly (not pretending to be Jewish)—I don’t begrudge them.

I don't necessarily begrudge them, but I think some of it Jesus would not be impressed by.  I don't think he wanted hero worship as much as he wanted us to REALLY live as he did, with love and compassion of all. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, SilverBeach said:

I don't necessarily begrudge them, but I think some of it Jesus would not be impressed by.  I don't think he wanted hero worship as much as he wanted us to REALLY live as he did, with love and compassion of all. 

I personally agree with you.

But who are you, or I, to say?  If someone wants to hero worship the person whom their very religion is named after—fine, I get it.  

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, HereComesTreble said:

I personally agree with you.

But who are you, or I, to say?  If someone wants to hero worship the person whom their very religion is named after—fine, I get it.  

I'm a Christian, but of course I have no control over what other Christians do. It's just that those who value form over substance often give the faith a bad name.  Some of that hero worship is having a form of godliness, but not really.  I guess if the extraneous stuff is added to love , grace, and compassion, have at it.  Otherwise I don't see the point, like with Gwen Shamblin and Remnant Fellowship. It's hollow. My opinion and YMMV. I just try to keep my side of the street clean.

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

I'm a Christian, but of course I have no control over what other Christians do. It's just that those who value form over substance often give the faith a bad name.  Some of that hero worship is having a form of godliness, but not really.  I guess if the extraneous stuff is added to love , grace, and compassion, have at it.  Otherwise I don't see the point. Again, folks can do whatever they want. And I can have an opinion about it.

You’re posting like you wish you had control of what they did. I kept saying things like “in earnest” and that it’d be a personal preference.  Not one that you’re cool with, though.

Edited by HereComesTreble
Your vs you’re
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 2

8 minutes ago, HereComesTreble said:

Your posting like you wish you had control of what they did. I kept saying things like “in earnest” and that it’d be a personal preference.  Not one that you’re cool with, though.

Uh, no I'm not, I don't actually give a fuck what other people do, although there is no requirement that I be "cool" with it either. I concern my self with my own faith walk. Yeah, I wish I could control RF and make it go away, and all other abusive so-called Christian churches and cults. But of course that's not possible. You are posting like I can't have an OPINION about those engaging in performative Christianity. That's what we do here on FJ, express our OPINIONS. I'm sure Gwod and her cult members are earnest, that doesn't make what they are doing valid.  

Edited by SilverBeach
  • Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Uh, no I'm not, I don't actually give a fuck what other people do, although there is no requirement that I be "cool" with it either. I concern my self with my own faith walk. Yeah, I wish I could control RF and make it go away, and all other abusive so-called Christian churches and cults. But of course that's not possible. You are posting like I can't have an OPINION about those engaging in performative Christianity. That's what we do here on FJ, express our OPINIONS. I'm sure Gwod and her cult members are earnest, that doesn't make what they are doing valid.  

I certainly didn’t say you couldn’t or shouldn’t have an opinion about anything.  

I did say that I can understand other people’s views on it.  That’s all.

36 minutes ago, HereComesTreble said:

I certainly didn’t say you couldn’t or shouldn’t have an opinion about anything.  

I did say that I can understand other people’s views on it.  That’s all.

So can I. I just don't agree with them.

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Just focus on the growl, it will help you connect with the Love of the Universe forever and ever.

This is the only choice you will ever have or need.

That is, unless you were a functioning adult. Then you would have other stuff you need to focus on. 

But fortunately you're a cult member, not a creature that is responsible for their choices.

Hide contents

Keeping it Simple

November 14, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

Focusing on the growl is so important. There are no other choices, and you do not have any other things that you have to listen to. You do not have to find some special trick or gimmick…it is just the growl.

Everyone has had gimmicks and tricks. Maybe you refused to eat in the morning even if you had a growl. Your gimmicks made you dream about food. Your gim­micks have to go because they are making you obese, and the reason this happens is because gimmicks make you fall in love with the food. You panic for yourself. You panic that you are not going to get to the food. We must get back to the basics. We are going to wait for the growl, and then we are going to get exactly what we want to eat and we are going to tell ourselves, “I can eat this every time I growl for the rest of my life. And thank You, God. I can have this all the rest of my living days.” You do not need to be afraid of a certain food. You can still chop it up into small units, sip between bites and use all the tips you learned in Weigh Down Basics so you can slow down; then you look for that Way of Escape.

On one side, at the front end, we have the signs of hunger…and then a Way of Escape at the end. Your Way of Escape makes you feel so in tune to God—you found God Almighty. You found the Connection to Love, the Connection to the Universe, the Connection to being saved and living forever and ever and ever. And think about it…if you live forever and ever, if we do eat, whatever He is going to give us in Heaven is going to be better than any­thing we have ever had here on Earth.

Here is a song I just found to go along with this .   

Plus , I am also somewhat reminded of this song as well .   

Both come originally from the Vineyard  .  

https://www.baltimoresun.com/news/bs-xpm-1992-10-25-1992299081-story.html 

3 hours ago, Blue said:

Why the obsession with "the growl?"

This is only an opinion... but stomach growling has been associated to hunger for centuries. From what I've read, it seems as though doctors have only talked about the other reasons your stomach may make noises within the last 20 years or so. It's old knowledge so that might be why she sticks to it.

Also, if you take the weight loss classes, she does mention in a few of them that not everyone gets "the growl" and some might get headaches, others might feel lightheaded, and so on. She says that these can all be signals from God to show you that you're hungry. "The growl" is ancient though and everyone knows what she means when she talks about "the growl" so that may be why she picked that particular word to overuse!  

Edited by Fashion Forward
  • Thank You 6

On 11/14/2019 at 3:28 PM, Fashion Forward said:

This is only an opinion... but stomach growling has been associated to hunger for centuries. From what I've read, it seems as though doctors have only talked about the other reasons your stomach may make noises within the last 20 years or so. It's old knowledge so that might be why she sticks to it.

Also, if you take the weight loss classes, she does mention in a few of them that not everyone gets "the growl" and some might get headaches, others might feel lightheaded, and so on. She says that these can all be signals from God to show you that you're hungry. "The growl" is ancient though and everyone knows what she means when she talks about "the growl" so that may be why she picked that particular word to overuse!  

Thank you for the info! I only took 1-2 classes, and they were the intro classes where there was no excuse allowed - growl or nothing..... It actually makes me feel a little better to know that she (at least sometimes) acknowledges that the body can signal hunger in quite a few different ways!!

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Removed text speak
  • Upvote 3

You need to focus on the growl because Satan's gonna get you and  everything will suck if you don't think that growl is your only goal. 

Spoiler

Ending Dieting Gimmicks

November 15, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

This one focus on waiting on God’s signals of hunger and fullness are essential. Your gimmicks have to go. They are making you dream of the food and are increasing your head hunger, and then making you eat when you have that head hunger in the evening. Then you wake up heavier the next day and you are going to feel panicked and return to dieting and all your gimmicks again. The next thing you know, you have not tuned in to hunger and fullness at all…you feel the guilt, and you lose that relationship. It makes you feel like giving up…you have opened up the door for satan to whisper into your ears. You are right back into that downward spiral of depres­sion, overeating, anger and not being nice to your spouse or controlling or worse. You are back into blaming the world and God and everything else— it is the opposite of having a relationship with God. One focus brings the relationship. The other focus sends you spiraling down and panics you. No panic. Your goal is the God-given growl that leads to a relationship with Him, to communication with Him, to plugging in to Him. That is your only goal.

Take time to write down what you need for momentum, your incentives—because in the midst of head hunger and those testing times, you need to remember every single incentive that you now have to never go backwards again.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

On 11/12/2019 at 6:29 PM, HereComesTreble said:

The Last Supper was a Passover Sedar.  That was a pivotal moment in Christianity.  So, I can see how Christians would have a Sedar dinner.  If you follow Christ,  it would make sense to celebrate the things He celebrated.  

Edit: our family does not hold a Sedar, nor does our church; but I can see why some Christians would.

I think this is a good explanation between the Last Supper (Thursday Night of Holy Week) and Passover.

http://catholicstraightanswers.com/passover-and-the-last-supper/ 

Here are 2 snippets from the link above

... So now we can draw a quick summary: Jesus had the Last Supper on Holy Thursday, a Passover meal. On Good Friday, he was condemned by Pilate and crucified. At 3 p.m., Jesus died. During this time, the lambs were being slaughtered in the temple, preparing for the official Passover meal that took place that evening after sunset. Jesus is buried before sunset.

Therefore, Jesus celebrated a Passover, but His own, new Passover, on Holy Thursday evening, not the Passover of the old covenant celebrated on Friday evening. In the Passover of the old covenant, a one-year-old, unblemished, male lamb was sacrificed, roasted and eaten with unleavened bread. Note the Gospels made no mention of procuring or sharing a Passover lamb (which would not have been available until Friday afternoon when He is crucified). However, Jesus, sinless, is the new Passover Lamb.

...Pope Benedict wrote, “One thing emerges clearly from the entire tradition: Essentially, this farewell meal was not the old Passover, but the new one, which Jesus accomplished in this context. Even though the meal that Jesus shared with the Twelve was not a Passover meal according to the ritual prescriptions of Judaism, nevertheless, in retrospect, the inner connection of the whole event with Jesus’ death and Resurrection stood out clearly. It was Jesus’ Passover. And in this sense He both did and did not celebrate the Passover: The old rituals could not be carried out — when their time came, Jesus had already died. But He had given Himself, and thus He had truly celebrated the Passover with them. The old was not abolished; it was simply brought to its full meaning” ...

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Concerned1954 said:

Thus  the starving children of Ethiopia are the most attuned with God.

No, no, no... you see, if they were in tune with God then they'd be getting their "blessings of obedience" and would be living lives flush with material blessings! ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 2

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Then you wake up heavier the next day and you are going to feel panicked and return to dieting and all your gimmicks again. The next thing you know, you have not tuned in to hunger and fullness at all…you feel the guilt, and you lose that relationship. It makes you feel like giving up…you have opened up the door for satan to whisper into your ears. You are right back into that downward spiral of depres­sion, overeating, anger and not being nice to your spouse or controlling or worse.

You will not automatically wake up heavier the next day if you have a few slices of pizza. That's not how it works. And yet again she's talking about panic. So far, every post about "The Growl" has made a reference to panic.

Instead of talking about how to move past slip ups when dieting, Gwen waves the stick around. Satan whispering in my ear is never been a fear of mine so I can cross that off my list, and my husband has more to worry about if I haven't eaten. Hangry is real.

It's concerning that this actually works with some people. It would take a fragile mind to buy the jump from overeating to satan ruining your entire life.

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic