IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

17 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

The Remnant Fellowship cult may like to manipulatphp embers by bringing up past failings, but at the same time they not infrequently just gloss over some members violent offenses. 

By the standards of high control groups , such as Remnant Fellowship , though , this is not a failing , but rather necessary discipline , both for behavior control

19. Encourage and engage in corporal punishment  

, as well as emotional control  

e. Threats of harm to ex-member and family 

http://old.freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php   

16 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

Right! For some reason that makes me think also about how Gwen piles on the guilt, then insists that "God is FUN."

I found this on the RF website. Interesting, no?

The results of putting God first and learning to love Him with all your heart, soul, mind and strength are profound because people for the first time in their lives are getting away from mind-controlling people, mind-controlling religious leaders, mind-controlling food and lifestyle rules and learning how to make their own decisions. 

There are times that the Spirit of God can come thru authority lines, but even in those situations, one must learn to discern if it is from God or not. 

This brings to mind a quote I found from this Christian anti-cult webpage .  

They tell you that they are not a cult.
This is a preemptive strike against the warnings from friends and family members which they know will come. In fact some cults go as far to tell you that Satan will try and dissuade you by sending family members and friends to tell you it is a cult. When this tactic is used then often a warped form of logic occurs in the recruits’ mind, the “agents of Satan” do come and tell them that it is a cult. So since the group predicted that would happen, the group therefore must true! Basically if any group tells you that they are not a cult, or that some people call them a cult, then for goodness sake find out why!

https://www.cultwatch.com/howcultswork.html  

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, Marmion said:

By the standards of high control groups , such as Remnant Fellowship , though , this is not a failing , but rather necessary discipline , both for behavior control

, as well as emotional control  

http://old.freedomofmind.com/Info/BITE/bitemodel.php   

This brings to mind a quote I found from this Christian anti-cult webpage .  

https://www.cultwatch.com/howcultswork.html  

And when they make threats, they back those up with menacing surveillance in the form of in person harassment and online tracking. They are pretty sure that no one has a right to dislike them. Stay away from the Remnant Fellowship cult if at all possible. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

20 hours ago, Blue said:

A few years ago a friend of ours called us all excited because Gwen had preached (or mentioned in a class, I don't really know) that it wasn't that you HAD to go to RF to be saved, because there MAY be churches out there preaching the truth too.

But it takes more than just attending RF regularly to be saved.  You have to be something close to all-in, right?  How nearly perfect you must be would be hard to pinpoint.  I suspect at RF you can never be sure, and there's no eternal security.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

But it takes more than just attending RF regularly to be saved.  You have to be something close to all-in, right?  How nearly perfect you must be would be hard to pinpoint.  I suspect at RF you can never be sure, and there's no eternal security.

YES. I have memories of Gwen even saying that sitting in this sanctuary does not promise you a spot in heaven. 

• Upvote 8

21 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

Yes, but she was referring to the teaching that salvation wasn't even attainable if you weren't at RF... not that being at RF automatically gave you salvation... but being at RF gave you the opportunity. Then, at some point, she said something to the effect that other churches MAY be teaching this truth, and if they are and you follow it, then you're okay, even if you don't go to RF.

When you consider that her core belief is that you have to earn the love of God (anyone remember how she wouldn't want her dog around if she didn't submit, so God doesn't want you around if you don't submit), I don't think anyone ever has any security in their faith, which is so sad. 

• Upvote 5

If you eat less you become better at everything because God. 

And an embroiderable quote: Life is SO more than food!

Spoiler

The Gift of God’s Lead

December 14, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

Comments are off

If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth.
Deuteronomy 28:1

We have been given so much… We have the freedom to love God and we actually get a second chance to hear His voice and follow our beautiful Lord. While much of the world is fearful of being controlled by God, we cannot wait to find His lead! Why? Because it is so much easier to let God guide all our decisions and get all the glory, and it works so much better than trying to “GET” things for ourselves! Doing things God’s way, we go further and we get there faster. We get more done and do it better. Now, if you believe in this, then show the truth about what you believe – be consistent and go all the way with giving up the excess food. Life is SO more than food! Do not be blind to what you need to do: WAIT for God’s guidance with your eating today. Read Deuteronomy 28 today and see what God has in store for those who obey Him!

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 3

14 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

YES. I have memories of Gwen even saying that sitting in this sanctuary does not promise you a spot in heaven. 

“Sitting in a church house doesn’t make you a Christian any more than sitting in a henhouse makes you a chicken.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

“Sitting in a church house doesn’t make you a Christian any more than sitting in a henhouse makes you a chicken.”

And to me, Gwen kinda-sorta looks like a chicken.

I’ll see myself out.

• Haha 9
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Hane said:

And to me, Gwen kinda-sorta looks like a chicken.

I’ll see myself out.

She wishes she looked as good as a  chicken, but she never will. 

• Upvote 1

On 12/13/2019 at 3:56 PM, NarcissismKills said:

And when they make threats, they back those up with menacing surveillance in the form of in person harassment and online tracking. They are pretty sure that no one has a right to dislike them. Stay away from the Remnant Fellowship cult if at all possible. 

I sincerely thank you for your concern .  And yes , even though I have never personally encountered Remnant Fellowship members face to face , I do try to be careful in dealing with cults in general , especially since becoming more vocal in my opposition to them , and keep a safe distance as much as reasonably possible .  I am aware that even Bible based cults can become dangerous to those who run afoul of them .  I remember in particular this one time when I was out eating with my family , and had the misfortune of being seated right next to a table with one such cult leader , and his devotees .  At first I overheard him proclaim to his entourage that he can place curses upon the enemies of himself , and his god , in a conversation with them concerning a civil legal dispute he had gotten into with this other person .  Now this was disconcerting enough already , but then he went on to describe about how a housewife whom was a member of his cult anointed a bed sheet at the particular place where her unbelieving husband slept and the husband got a burning sensation , and stricken with fear accepted the teachings of the group as being true , believing it to be a plague sent by God .  Now I suspect that what had actually happened was that this cult in question took an extract from poison ivy ,  poison oak , or hogweed , etc . , and he had then developed contact dermatitis as a result of coming in contact with it  .  So yes , I am quite all too aware of how impecatory prayer can become self fulfilled via mystical manipulation , on the part of destructive cults .   

Edited by Marmion
  • Upvote 2

On 12/14/2019 at 2:16 AM, RFsurvivor said:

Today's Delusional is about how you should ask yourself if you are sitting in the sanctuary for the right reasons. It's not enough to do the right thing, you have to be thinking the right thoughts. 

Spoiler

Who are You Glorifying with Your Choices?

December 15, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

At some point, you are going to have to come to your hour of making a choice, making that commitment. And your hour boils down to a decision of who is going to be glorified.

Who are you glorifying? Who are you supporting? Are you here to support yourself, or are you here to support Jesus Christ and God? And that is what all of life’s questions boil down to. What is your motive for coming to church, for singing in the choir, for working on the decorating committee, for landscaping, for being on the tech team, or for counseling or teaching a class? What is your motive? Whose name are you glorifying and how do you know? Accepting marriage and the name of your husband and being submissive to the husband glorifies the husband’s name and God’s name. Whose name do you glorify in front of the children—yours or your husband’s, satan’s or God’s? Whose name do you glorify at work—yours or your boss’s? Ask yourself this question as you make your decisions throughout the day. Who are you promoting?

I have a hard time thinking about anything I do at work in terms of "now I am glorifying my boss's name". (I was not hired to do that.)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

54 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today's Delusional is about how you should ask yourself if you are sitting in the sanctuary for the right reasons. It's not enough to do the right thing, you have to be thinking the right thoughts. 

Hide contents

Who are You Glorifying with Your Choices?

December 15, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

At some point, you are going to have to come to your hour of making a choice, making that commitment. And your hour boils down to a decision of who is going to be glorified.

Who are you glorifying? Who are you supporting? Are you here to support yourself, or are you here to support Jesus Christ and God? And that is what all of life’s questions boil down to. What is your motive for coming to church, for singing in the choir, for working on the decorating committee, for landscaping, for being on the tech team, or for counseling or teaching a class? What is your motive? Whose name are you glorifying and how do you know? Accepting marriage and the name of your husband and being submissive to the husband glorifies the husband’s name and God’s name. Whose name do you glorify in front of the children—yours or your husband’s, satan’s or God’s? Whose name do you glorify at work—yours or your boss’s? Ask yourself this question as you make your decisions throughout the day. Who are you promoting?

I have a hard time thinking about anything I do at work in terms of "now I am glorifying my boss's name". (I was not hired to do that.)

I wonder if this was a preplanned devo or updated based on the conversations here the last few days. Hi Gwen (or the tech team) we know you read here :)

• Upvote 7

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked this topic
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic