IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 10: Hanging onto the Wine

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

Goal for day: post picture where I seem either stoned or drunk and my hair looks atrocious and my husband and I continue to look awkward together and lacking any chemistry.  

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

3 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

I wonder why she would post that photo on her blog page. So bizarre. 

Probably to make them seem “normal”. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Somebody didn't give Gwen the ball at the playground and she is still seriously displeased.

Spoiler

Godly Competition

October 19, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We are learning to be more like Christ in all areas, but to be like Christ when it comes to a game can be challenging. Sports can be a lot of fun, but they can also conjure up characteristics that are totally unlike Christ and unlike God. We need God to learn how to play games and participate in sports in the way that Jesus Christ would have done.

We all have different personalities, and there is always someone who wants to lead the game and someone who wants to make up more rules for it. When it comes to sports, so much of it is based on opinion; that is why they have replays in football, so they can go back and look at the replay to see if the referee actually called a play correctly. And even with replays, you still see players getting into arguments with the referees and the other team.

Competitiveness is an emotion that gets the adrenaline up and causes people to take sides. Many times it can make you feel like you need to defend yourself. Sadly, there can be situations that are very unjust in sports because people do cheat, and they do get angry and act out. This even happens on the playground—you may have seen someone get mad, take the ball, slam it down and storm off when they are called “out” in a game. That is a sad thing to witness. You are taking something that was a game and turning it into something unpleasant. Everyone is in shock, and it takes the fun and enjoyment out of the game. This person has also taken time away from others because when they slammed the ball down, it did not go to the next person in line, and someone had to run to retrieve the ball. This bad attitude robs both fun and time from your friends and playmates and is not being like Christ. We will continue to talk more about how to be Christlike in games tomorrow!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

I wonder if Gwen Shamblin Lara is trying (and failing epically) to emulate Theresa Caputo. I can’t figure out how to post her photo, but I was reading an article title on her* and I was floored how similar their hairstyles are! For the record it’s not a good look for TC, either, but at least it looks like it’s an intentional style done by a professional. 

*”Long Island Medium Fake?”  Spoiler: Yes, yes, she’s a scammer (I didn’t read the article. I don’t need to read the article to know she’s as fake as that new kid doing the Hollywood readings). 

Edited by Giraffe
Eta Tyler Henry is the Hollywood one I mentioned
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

What blows me away is how frail Elizabeth is.  The girl on the right appears healthy and thin.  ElIzabeth?  Just sad...

EB25A3C9-0885-4D0D-B730-864A8951F04A.png

Her lip injections and other cosmetic procedures are camouflaging the full extent of the ravages of starvation on her face. She never goes bare-armed so as to conceal how ghastly thin they are.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 5
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, NarcissismKills said:

Her lip injections and other cosmetic procedures are camouflaging the full extent of the ravages of starvation on her face. She never goes bare-armed so as to conceal how ghastly thin they are.

The black helps conceal, too. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

Also, grandiose narcissist mothers hate it when their daughters are beautiful as Elizabeth was in the past. Gwen probably is encouraging and enabling Elizabeth to look as bad as she does.

• Sad 6

6 hours ago, Tatar-tot said:

What blows me away is how frail Elizabeth is.  The girl on the right appears healthy and thin.  ElIzabeth?  Just sad...

EB25A3C9-0885-4D0D-B730-864A8951F04A.png

How recent is that photo? She actually looks better to me than in the engagement photos last year. Still horribly underweight, but not as skull like.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 5

She has dumped the scary dark lipstick, bought some softer colors of makeup, and gotten several plumping injections.

My anorexic relative only weighs about 90 pounds. ElIzabeth seems to be about the same size and weight.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 5
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

Also, grandiose narcissist mothers hate it when their daughters are beautiful as Elizabeth was in the past. Gwen probably is encouraging and enabling Elizabeth to look as bad as she does.

Yes, she probably is. But I don't think she thinks Elizabeth looks bad. Gwod probably doesn't want to have any competition, but my opinion is that she views her daughter as her masterpiece. Her daughter probably is the "perfect" example she holds up as a successful RF follower.

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

She has dumped the scary dark lipstick, bought some softer colors of makeup, and gotten several plumping injections.

My anorexic relative only weighs about 90 pounds. ElIzabeth seems to be about the same size and weight

she never smiles with her teeth and her eyes anymore. It’s so sad. I hope she’s not in the hospital or something?! 

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, RFIntrigued said:

she never smiles with her teeth and her eyes anymore. It’s so sad. I hope she’s not in the hospital or something?! 

That might be a good thing.  Better now than later.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10
  • Thank You 1

Gwen thinks no one wants to hang out with people who constantly brag, but she is wrong, people still hang out with her

Spoiler

Being Christlike in Sports and Games

October 20, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We have been talking about how to imitate Jesus in sports. We can stop being overly competitive when we understand that no one is impressed with whether or not someone did well in the game. They will not remember how you played, but they are going to remember if you were angry. People will remember your anger because it made everyone very uncomfortable, especially when you were mad about something like being called “out” in a game. The next time they play, they are not going to want to include you. What is even worse is that if you keep doing it, they are not going to want to hang out with you at all.

Children in the fourth thru seventh grade seem to have the hardest time with anger and competitiveness, but some people just never grow up. On television, you have probably seen tennis players who get upset and throw their rackets down in anger or baseball players who shout at the umpires or other players. These are adults who do not know how to handle competition in a Godly way. Every time you play a game, you need to know that how you handle this competition will be a test of your character. What can you do before you play to help you pass this test? The answer is to pray, and pray with others. Pray for protection, and pray for your attitude to be just like Jesus Christ so that when the game is over, others will still want you to play with them. If you are sacrificially a leader and are helping others, then everyone will enjoy being with you, but they will not like it if you are always trying to be the best or bragging about yourself. Bragging about yourself is not a characteristic of real love. Now, everyone has their up days and their down days. There will be days when you get every basketball thru the hoop…and then other days when you do not make a single shot. But your goal is to show the characteristics of Christ no matter how you are playing that day.

• Haha 7
  • Thank You 4

9 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

We can stop being overly competitive when we understand that no one is impressed with whether or not someone did well in the game. 

Children in the fourth thru seventh grade seem to have the hardest time with anger and competitiveness,

OKay... don't get me wrong, we want our girls to show Godly character in their sports... we do. We talk about how we are not to argue with softball umps or soccer referees... we talk about how we are to always respect our equipment even when we're sad/angry/upset/etc... 

But some of this just makes me laugh. Clearly she's not referring to kids who play any form of actually competitive sports. Yes... someone will be impressed or disappointed with how my daughter plays in her game... that determines whether she starts the next game or not. So while she DOES have to show Godly character, it IS okay to be upset or disappointed with yourself because there are implications.

And kids in 4th-7th have the hardest time? Where is she getting her stats? I'm not saying she's wrong, but it seems like something random to toss out there for someone who has no experience in child development or education.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen thinks no one wants to hang out with people who constantly brag, but she is wrong, people still hang out with her

Reveal hidden contents

Being Christlike in Sports and Games

October 20, 2019

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

0 Comment

We have been talking about how to imitate Jesus in sports. We can stop being overly competitive when we understand that no one is impressed with whether or not someone did well in the game. They will not remember how you played, but they are going to remember if you were angry. People will remember your anger because it made everyone very uncomfortable, especially when you were mad about something like being called “out” in a game. The next time they play, they are not going to want to include you. What is even worse is that if you keep doing it, they are not going to want to hang out with you at all.

Children in the fourth thru seventh grade seem to have the hardest time with anger and competitiveness, but some people just never grow up. On television, you have probably seen tennis players who get upset and throw their rackets down in anger or baseball players who shout at the umpires or other players. These are adults who do not know how to handle competition in a Godly way. Every time you play a game, you need to know that how you handle this competition will be a test of your character. What can you do before you play to help you pass this test? The answer is to pray, and pray with others. Pray for protection, and pray for your attitude to be just like Jesus Christ so that when the game is over, others will still want you to play with them. If you are sacrificially a leader and are helping others, then everyone will enjoy being with you, but they will not like it if you are always trying to be the best or bragging about yourself. Bragging about yourself is not a characteristic of real love. Now, everyone has their up days and their down days. There will be days when you get every basketball thru the hoop…and then other days when you do not make a single shot. But your goal is to show the characteristics of Christ no matter how you are playing that day.

It sure is noticeable how lacking in normal human modesty Gwen is. Ordinarily nice people don't let other folks praise them endlessly. They eventually beg the sycophants to just cut it out.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 10/18/2019 at 8:41 PM, RFIntrigued said:

And what is going on in this photo?! 

I think it's a pathetic attempt to show themselves having fun as a family. It looks very staged and phony to me.

22 hours ago, NarcissismKills said:

My anorexic relative only weighs about 90 pounds. ElIzabeth seems to be about the same size and weight.

Can you post (or direct me to) a photo of her newer look? I haven't seen anything lately but her goth look.

47 minutes ago, Blue said:

Where is she getting her stats? I'm not saying she's wrong, but it seems like something random to toss out there for someone who has no experience in child development or education.

She tosses out random crap ALL the time. She doesn't bother to quote (or even actually have) sources.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

Saturday's "Sabbath Service" (as they call them) was typical.

One topic I don't think has gotten much attention in all these great Free Jinger posts is just how little work Gwen actually does preparing for a weekend 'service'.  

Saturday's service was just music as usual at the beginning and yet again, instead of any kind of prepared 'sermon' material, the entire sermon was testimonies.  Remnant is known for marketing themselves thru testimony after testimony.  And hardly a week goes by without a few.  But what I don't think is appreciated is I'd say about 20-30% of the weekend services are JUST testimonies.  Gwen just gets to sit their in the front row basking in the accolades.

At the very end of the service after the last song, she often gets up showing off her husband, family and close friends/leaders who get to appear on stage with her.  That's when she will ramble together some closing statement.  I do mean ramble.  But this is a closing comment and a closing prayer.  This is not a sermon.

So I'd say easily a quarter of weekend services are just infomercials.  Literally zero sermon.  Another 10-15% are just weddings in lieu of a service... or some crude attempt to marry the two together (no pun intended).

Then another decent percentage are literally just the tech team hitting 'play' on some previous video recording of Gwen talking from year's past (sometimes because Gwen is on an exotic vacation, sometimes as Gwen is just sitting there in the front row).  The remaining minority of weekends are then actual sermons from Gwen by teleprompter.

What you never see is a substitute preacher getting up.  What you never see is a co-pastor.  What you never see is an invited guest speaker.  What you never see is someone other than Gwen giving a sermon.  She is the ONE.  They will forgo sermons and fill with multiple testimonies of various members, but you'll never see a sermon given by someone else in Remnant.  (This is an obvious sign of a cult... where there is ONE leader.  No one else is 'chosen' enough to handle this job.  She is the sole prophet of the ONE true church.  None others exist.)

The testimonies are the same crap they've been spewing since day 1.  This is the one true church.  The previous church I went to didn't have testimonies.  Blah, blah, blah.  They literally insult every other Christian as not a real, genuine Christian.  They insult every Christian church as a false church.  They insult everyone outside of Remnant.    

Member Steve Graham got up with his wife and I'll quote (in regards to his previous church):  "We never had testimonies.  People didn't have anything to talk about.. and if they did, it probably wasn't real."  (Pretty cruel to say if you ask me.)   Later he says  "This place is like non other.  And people say (mockingly) 'Oh, is this the only place?'.  Yep, this is the only place." (Standing ovation).

Next RF member.  Next, next.  Repeat ad nauseam:  All other Christians are fake.  All other churches are false.  Praise Gwen.  It must be true, I lost 40 pounds.  This works, nothing else does.  

Finally, the closing songs.  Michael is playing... obviously significantly overweight despite being a member for 20 years and Gwen's own son.  Elizabeth's husband and kids were there.  She wasn't.  Maybe she's helping with the kids in another part of the building.  Maybe she's in the hospital.  Maybe she's at home dying in bed as her medical needs go ignored.  Who knows.  Any of those are real options.

While on stage during the closing songs, Joe was very obviously faking the words to the songs that everyone else knew.     

Gwen again mentioned how they never mention the box in the back that takes offerings (instead of passing a plate).  She made it clear money is pouring in. (thus Joe's new plane?)

Gwen did admit to herself "I'm dumb".  At least she got one thing right.  The full sentence was "I'm dumb, but not that dumb".

Yet another week goes by.  Michael probably gains more weight.  Elizabeth probably loses more weight.  I know for a fact, more new families are split apart.  Gwen rakes in more money.  More new visitors fall for the testimonies and the grandeur.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 11

23 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

she never smiles with her teeth and her eyes anymore.

I admit upfront that this is wild and crazy speculation but I'm just wondering. Do you think maybe she has bulimia? That's really hard on teeth. Could that be what she's hiding?

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, ManyGoats said:

I admit upfront that this is wild and crazy speculation but I'm just wondering. Do you think maybe she has bulimia? That's really hard on teeth. Could that be what she's hiding?

Bad teeth happen from anorexia too. 

This is from Colgate.com

In anorexia, semi-starvation deprives the body of the nutrients it needs. Osteoporosis can develop, weakening the bones in the jaw that support teeth, leading to tooth loss.

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

• Coconut Flan locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • Coconut Flan unlocked and locked this topic