IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

I have been watching Mr. Atheist on utube lately and I have to say he is a breath of fresh air.  He takes on these Fundies so very well.  I saw a couple and then he did one on the transformed wife and rape/consent?  Anyway, this is the first one where he got really upset and said "she is trying to hurt people".   And he is right.  If you guys ever get the time, watch some of his stuff.  He is upbeat, funny and I enjoy him.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, feministxtian said:

He gets to feel like "big man" blathering for an "adoring" audience. Bet he suffers from little dick syndrome.

This.  It's not the act that he enjoys, it the control.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

9 hours ago, Petronella said:

How is this any different from ranting alone in his car on the drive home?

Because he's controlling them, forcing his will on them.  making them do what he and he alone decrees they can do.  This is about control. Absolute total control.

It's also about a selfish, self-centered man who has no feelings or thoughts for anyone but himself.  I suspect he demands his family speak only when spoken to all the time, just not at dinner. If his wife begins to ask him a question, I'm sure he tells her to end it.

She's probably also expected to anticipate what he wants, be a mind reader, without having to ask somethings as simple as 'what would you like for dinner tonight'. Of course if she fails to anticipate his unspoken need or read his mind about dinner preference, I'm positive there is a long, harsh rant/vent/lecture on her many failures.

I strongly suspect the wife (and children) are terrified of this man, but don't admit it.  The wife creeping noiselessly around, shushing the children so "the king" is not bothered by anything.  Her goal is to submit and have a quiet house for her lord and master.  She thinks it's working and is a good idea because it (mostly) prevents him going off on all of them.  And she has internalized that if he does, it's all her fault, because perhaps she said too many words.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 8
  • I Agree 4

14 hours ago, onemama said:

[quoting Trey:] when [husbands] say “I want xyz”, then you should say… yes lord… and then do it.

"yes lord"?!  :wtf:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 7

If my non-existing husband  want to eat dinner like this, he can eat alone and talk to his imaginary family during the meal. And if he continues such behaviour, he can even discuss the divorce papers with them. The more I read from Lori and her fangirls /-boys, the more I'm gratefull to be an independend single woman with just a dog. I can't imaging growing up in this household.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

15 hours ago, onemama said:

A comment made by Trey under the "virtuous or rottenness" post on her blog.  .

A woman posted a comment asking Lori why she allows such comments on her blog (long comment) and Lori replied:

And I would agree with her, because there were tyrants in the Bible who did much worse to the women in their lives.  

This is simply abuse. Full stop.

Trey is an abusive man and has an established track record of doxxing and threatening women who dare to speak out against his bullshit. 

• Upvote 18

59 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

If my non-existing husband  want to eat dinner like this, he can eat alone and talk to his imaginary family during the meal. And if he continues such behaviour, he can even discuss the divorce papers with them. The more I read from Lori and her fangirls /-boys, the more I'm gratefull to be an independend single woman with just a dog. I can't imaging growing up in this household.

You have to wonder why anyone would get married under these "rules." I'd rather be single a thousand times over than say "yes lord" to anyone, or give up my right to autonomy! What do these women get in return, a roof over their head, three meals and some guy who'll "give up his life for them" (should the need arise).

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

32 minutes ago, Hisey said:

You have to wonder why anyone would get married under these "rules." I'd rather be single a thousand times over than say "yes lord" to anyone, or give up my right to autonomy! What do these women get in return, a roof over their head, three meals and some guy who'll "give up his life for them" (should the need arise).

Amen amen amen! But I wasn’t raised to be submissive. My mom takes crap from no one. The kind of women that would marry him are women that were groomed for abuse.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

That kind of guy wouldn't give up anything for the woman he (unfortunately) is with, much less his life. He would use her as a human shield.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5

59 minutes ago, Hisey said:

They get to suffer for Jesus while they are here on earth and then get golden roads and perfect forever when they finally blessedly die and Jesus will bless them more for allowing marital rape, biting their tongues bloody and never allowing themselves to have any dreams beyond as my darling ex used to say , 'shed 'em and spread 'em babe'.   You know, for Jesus.   

Edited by SweetLaurel
spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 4
  • Sad 6
  • Love 3

16 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

as my darling ex used to say , 'shed 'em and spread 'em babe'.

Oh, sweet Rufus. ?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

1660516724_practicingmedicinewhat.JPG.dc016f81efe70604ce93fd55ae97c326.JPG

My disagreement with her regarding vaccinations aside, the stupid is too much. 

Lori, of course doctors dont know everything, but that is NOT why it is known as "practicing medicine".   Where is your mind ... I swear ... you sound like you're on drugs or something.  

• Upvote 23
  • Angry 1

7 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Oh, sweet Rufus. ?

Literally, think about it.  What else are these fundie females raised for?   This IS their life.  Being bred on command.    And Lori is the number one cheerleader for it.   

• Upvote 12

"Why don't you use the brains God gave you?"  Did anyone else hear that from their parents growing up?  Lori is having none of it!

wisdom.thumb.JPG.d4f67faa76b50a499338c912951410b6.JPG

• Upvote 15

I still have a strong Christian faith, but I adore Mr. Atheist. His commentary (and respect for the marginalized) reinforce the fact that there are some certain sections of "Christianity" that are absolute bullshit.

And Mr. I-Am-The-Only-One-Allowed-To-Talk-At-The-Supper-Table can fuck off right into the sun. When DOES he talk to his children? Only when he deems it necessary? I am a pretty hard core introvert with 2 extrovert daughters, but when they want to talk to me, I listen.

• Upvote 15

On 6/28/2019 at 5:35 AM, Hane said:

This “silence when the King comes home” bullshit reminds me of the novel “Vox” by Christina Dalcher, in which a Gilead-like regime takes over and women and girls are limited to a hundred words a day and forbidden to read, write, or use sign language.

I'm going to have to check that out.  

And if any of you watch the Handmaids Tale, Episode 6 was interesting (in a bad way).  Let's just say silence can be taken to an extreme and I can see some of the "men" who post on Lori's facebook/blog, etc being all for this sort of thing.

• Upvote 9

Re Lori’s rhapsodizing about the good old past, when everything was perfect:

I just got home from a double feature movie night at my sister’s house, where we watched two of the most absolutely perfect movies I’ve ever seen, perfect in their gritty realism, both made in 1955:

”Night of the Hunter,” based on a 1953 novel that was a finalist for the National Book Award. It takes place in a small West Virginia town during the 1930s, and the author set out to show explicitly how gut-wrenching the Depression was in comparison with the preceding decade, the prosperous Roaring ‘20s. It features a hardware store clerk who robs a bank and shoots two bank tellers dead out of greed and desperation, and is hanged, leaving a widow and two young children, and the “preacher” the widow is encouraged to marry simply because “a woman needs a man.” Spoiler alert: The “preacher” is a crook and a serial murderer—and is based on a real criminal.

”Marty,” based on a 1953 teleplay by Paddy Chayefsky, and winner of multiple well deserved Oscars. Marty is a lonely bachelor who lives with his mother but has dreams of buying the butcher shop where he works and expanding the business. He meets and falls in love with a similarly lonely chemistry teacher and—get this—encourages her to pursue a job as head of a high school science department. (Interesting side note: A couple of Marty’s loser buddies are excited about dating some nurses, because “there’s money there!” Yes, guys wanting to go out with and marry women with careers!) The movie features multiple older women (one a decrepit old bat of 56!) who spend all their time doing housework and pissing and moaning as they spread negative, intrusive gossip. (My sister observed, “See? THIS is why women should have jobs.” Every character in this movie rang absolutely true to us as our fellow Italian-American Catholics.)

Lori, you should excuse my language, is a monumental fucking deliberately ignorant asshole. And I concur with everyone who believes that Ken allows her noxious digital blatherings because they keep her out of his hair. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, Liza said:

1660516724_practicingmedicinewhat.JPG.dc016f81efe70604ce93fd55ae97c326.JPG

My disagreement with her regarding vaccinations aside, the stupid is too much. 

Lori, of course doctors dont know everything, but that is NOT why it is known as "practicing medicine".   Where is your mind ... I swear ... you sound like you're on drugs or something.  

So doctors don't know everything, but Lori ate the wisdom with a spoon, as the saying here goes, because of what? Definitly not by educating herself. Maybe an angel came in the night and wispered it into her ear while she slept. The polio vaccine is here since the 50's, measles vaccine since the 60's. How long do she think should the studies go in her opinion? How long did she think the cyberknife procedure was tested? She thinks of herself as a wise older woman, but she is nothing more than an ignorant, mean hag.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

9 hours ago, Hane said:

...”Marty,” based on a 1953 teleplay by Paddy Chayefsky, and winner of multiple well deserved Oscars. Marty is a lonely bachelor who lives with his mother but has dreams of buying the butcher shop where he works and expanding the business. He meets and falls in love with a similarly lonely chemistry teacher and—get this—encourages her to pursue a job as head of a high school science department. (Interesting side note: A couple of Marty’s loser buddies are excited about dating some nurses, because “there’s money there!” Yes, guys wanting to go out with and marry women with careers!) The movie features multiple older women (one a decrepit old bat of 56!) who spend all their time doing housework and pissing and moaning as they spread negative, intrusive gossip. (My sister observed, “See? THIS is why women should have jobs.” Every character in this movie rang absolutely true to us as our fellow Italian-American Catholics.)...

'Marty' is one of my absolute favourite films. The casting was perfect; Ernest Borgnine was a gem. But you know, it never really occurred to me how ahead of its era 'Marty' was! (Fun bit of trivia: Betsy Blair, who played the chemistry teacher and Marty's love interest, was married to Gene Kelly at the time!)

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Lori's promoting It's Good to be a Man on her FB page this morning. Only teaching women much?

On a side note, I looked at her "About" page on FB and noticed that it's linked to Tattoo and Piercing shops. Thanks for the recommendations, Lori! I've been thinking about getting another tattoo.

Screenshot 2019-06-30 at 8.10.36 AM.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

Lori's Twitter meme that weak men are the real abusers/ toxic masculinity has brought out examples of SOTDRT.

FJ-ers I give you S...B...Sr:

"...just because the courts give the woman the child don't make her the better parent or it don't mean it's the man that left."

"...a couple that devorses and the courts give the child to the mother it don't..." 

Also S..B...Sr. loves posing on FB with his throbbing motorcycle between his legs. Imma just sayin' it seems like a little mite bit of overcompensation.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 4

17 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

Oh, sweet Rufus. ?

Was he joking? That’s unbelievable 

12 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori's Twitter meme that weak men are the real abusers/ toxic masculinity has brought out examples of SOTDRT.

FJ-ers I give you S...B...Sr:

"...just because the courts give the woman the child don't make her the better parent or it don't mean it's the man that left."

"...a couple that devorses and the courts give the child to the mother it don't..." 

Also S..B...Sr. loves posing on FB with his throbbing motorcycle between his legs. Imma just sayin' it seems like a little mite bit of overcompensation.

I thought children needed their mothers 24/7?

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, Hisey said:

Was he joking? That’s unbelievable 

I thought children needed their mothers 24/7?

Well, obviously not divorced harlot mothers!  If they can't manage to not get a divorce they deserve no kids!  It says so in the Bible....somewhere...I think....maybe....hmmmm....where is that verse, again?   

• Upvote 7

Of course S...B..., Sr. believes women need to be with their children 24/7.  But ... it's always all the woman's fault if the man leaves and she's a single mother. Always.

Because you know she was a feminist or wasn't doing her shed 'em and spread 'em duty or being disrespectful or any of the other eleventy things we women do that are awful. 

Although if a woman is a widow he's sorry for her loss, but must still remind her that she cannot "raise a boy to be masculine without a male figure."

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 7

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic