IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

30 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

I think Ali is now Char Al.

Somehow I feel like Ali Ch is a troll...much like Alyssa Roberts (who hasn't been around much lately I don't think)....who is taking an hyper-stance on Lori's opinions/musings....just to get people fired up and maybe even to try to get a response out of Lori.   

It doesn't feel like the same MRA fanboys and fangirls like Severeine or Penelope Kass. Heck, even Flicka -- who is mildly annoying -- is at least gentler and softer and entertaining in her musings. 

And speaking of trolls...where did our friend "Liam Blake" go? the one who supposedly lives in California, has 8 kids, 2 fake profile pics taken off a dating site, and gives his wife an "allowance" because womins don't need to handle money?? 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

If she had any less self-reflection, I'd be asking if she was a vampire LOL

I think one could rightly call her an emotional vampire.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

If she had any less self-reflection, I'd be asking if she was a vampire LOL

She'd be sucking up that $14/liter organic blood and slathering it all over everything. 

And of course she would only use certified blood  from debt free virgins' without tattoos who have never worked outside the home or worn leggings.

Edited by littleblueheathen
Added stuff
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 25

4 hours ago, Imrlgoddess said:

ETA:  am I the only one who never heard of "sexual market value" until Lori/MGTOW/MRA's?  I literally never heard it or anything like it.  I didn't know such a rating system existed....

You are not the only one who has never heard of sexual market value. Lori’s fanboys are gross. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

I don’t know if Ali Ch is a troll or not but I think she reads here and realized that her profile wasn’t as tight as she thought (although if she were a troll, I’m not sure why that would be a major concern). Either way, I won’t miss her obnoxious personality. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I call shenanigans on this one. What else does Lori have to do with her time other than exercise her delete finger and slam down the ban hammer? And really, how long does it take to skim over comments and delete the ones you don't like? Of course, it's Door County time, but wi-fi is available there, too, so no excuses, Lori! :naughty:

Many are privately writing to me about the hateful comments I am presently receiving on this page. There's no way I can keep all of them off and it's bound to get worse in the next month or so since my viral posts went viral about this time through next month. Therefore, the vile and hate-filled comments are most likely to become more numerous. I do have over 300 words that are banned on my page so you won't have to see many of them!

Please, ignore them if you can and I apologize that I am not able to keep up with them. I have had moderators but they all have busy lives and had trouble keeping up with them as well. We have more important and better things to do with our lives than to read the filth that many have no problems spewing.

Isn't it a moderator's JOB to read the comments? Or did Lori's mods all quit on her?

And, Lori, the time of year is not the reason your 'viral posts went viral.' They went viral because of the bizarre subject matter (debt-free virgins with no tattoos, anyone?) and because you paid to boost those posts in order to get more attention. 

• Upvote 19
  • Love 3

It took me a long time, but I read through all of the comments on Lori's anti Women's Suffrage post yesterday and reported all of the blatantly racist/sexist ones.  I wanted to share this particular thread between 1 guy and 3 gals.  I think Jonathan is one of those guys who LOVED the map showing how the 2016 presidential election would turn out if only males voted.  I assume he also posted something with the #Repealthe19th hashtag.  Just a guess, though.

voting_crap.thumb.JPG.38f21ba18ec9e653e96e9d616a095c38.JPG

• Upvote 15

1918BA9E-AC50-4B5F-9669-E873174CFD1B.thumb.jpeg.dbdbe3df23f17baa1876d51894990998.jpeg

the comments on Lori’s post about wine are great! Some people are so dumb it’s crazy. I have no words. 

Lori we all know you love to drink! Unless your margaritas are non alcoholic you are a liar!

12 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

It took me a long time, but I read through all of the comments on Lori's anti Women's Suffrage post yesterday and reported all of the blatantly racist/sexist ones.  I wanted to share this particular thread between 1 guy and 3 gals.  I think Jonathan is one of those guys who LOVED the map showing how the 2016 presidential election would turn out if only males voted.  I assume he also posted something with the #Repealthe19th hashtag.  Just a guess, though.

This must include the women who voted how he voted so I guess he voted wrong? ?‍♀️Smh what an idiot! Men have been making bad decisions since the beginning of time. See Adam eating the apple causing the fall of man. 

• Upvote 14

53 minutes ago, hollyfeller said:

If a hypothetical boss told me I shouldn't be voting because she didn't like the way I was voting, I'd call her oppressive in a heartbeat. WTF. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

That whole "the wine in the bible was really grape juice" thing is so popular with the tea-totaling  denominations. We had an hour long sermon on it once at Christian school chapel with all kinds of scripture twisting to prove it was really grape juice. It was apparently meant to convince the kids to never drink alcohol. 

I was just explaining that to one of Mr. 05's friends yesterday. He went to Catholic seminary for three years. He about lost it. It was pretty funny. 

And now I need another glass of wine. Not grape juice. Wine. 

ETA: Lori wrote that she doesn't like alcohol? Okay. Yeah, you do, Lori. The internet has the receipts. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 19

I am forever grateful that Quiverfull of Misogyny has been moved to a part of FJ where I can’t inadvertently stumble across it and immediately fall into a morass of rage and depression. 

The Lori threads are rapidly starting to make me feel the same way.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, Loveday said:

(Lori) We have more important and better things to do with our lives than to read the filth that many have no problems spewing.

Like deleting respectful questions because she doesn't have the insight/intelligence to answer?  Removing suicide hotline numbers?  Yeah, we've seen The UnGodly Mentor delete reasonable inquiries and actual useful information in minutes, while leaving the filth that her fanboys spew, sometimes in the same conversation, posted within moments of each other.  But by all means, Lori, keep on martyrbating over how persecuted you are, and bitching about how you simply don't have the time to keep up.  :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

3 hours ago, louisa05 said:

That whole "the wine in the bible was really grape juice" thing is so popular with the tea-totaling  denominations. We had an hour long sermon on it once at Christian school chapel with all kinds of scripture twisting to prove it was really grape juice. It was apparently meant to convince the kids to never drink alcohol. 

I was just explaining that to one of Mr. 05's friends yesterday. He went to Catholic seminary for three years. He about lost it. It was pretty funny. 

ETA: Lori wrote that she doesn't like alcohol? Okay. Yeah, you do, Lori. The internet has the receipts. 

This argument always kills me.  Do they think people in the Bronze age crushed grapes and drank the juice immediately?  Because if not, fermentation happens!

https://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt/2014/12/25/372727808/what-would-jesus-drink-a-class-exploring-ancient-wines-asks

Spoiler

But we do know that in Jesus' day, wine was being produced in Galilee and modern-day Jordan, says archaeologist Patrick McGovern of the University of Pennsylvania Museum. And vino of that era came laced with additives like tree resins, peppers and capers, says McGovern, who is known as the "Indiana Jones" of ancient fermented beverages for his scholarship on the topic.

Spoiler

"I'd like to think that Jesus was a red guy," Alsop says. "I don't know why. I guess it's just my own personal desire to see it that way."

We'll never know, of course. McGovern says the Romans preferred white wine, but according to inscriptions found on ancient bottles and casks, most wine from the Holy Land was, indeed, red.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 4

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

There's no way I can keep all of them off 

:56247983ade1d_liar1:

and it's bound to get worse in the next month or so since my viral posts went viral about this time through next month. Therefore, the vile and hate-filled comments are most likely to become more numerous.

:laughing-rolling: Lori's post went VIRAL!!!!  

Just say it as it is, Lori. This time last year, or two years ago, you wrote a post that got you lots of attention (yes, Lori, your post went VIRAL!!!!) so now you're trying, very desperately, to get another one to do the same thing. That's why you're leaving the vile comments up. 

• Upvote 19

I do have over 300 words that are banned on my page so you won't have to see many of them!

Oh, I bet. I'm sure Lori would like to ban lots of words and phrases, like:

suffrage

equality

women's rights

intelligence

common sense

respect

job

regular flour

Edited by thoughtful
making it clear that quote was from Lori
  • Upvote 23
  • Love 3

42 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

regular flour

Yes, and sugar! Thou shalt only sweeten thy baked goods with raw honey or stevia. 

Really, any normal person would take a break from posting on Facebook, switch off the comments section of her blog and just go on vacation!  But not Lori.  She should know that even ministers go on vacation and aren't expected to preach.  If she were actually employed by a church and leading women's ministries under the supervision of the church leadership, I bet you she'd welcome that holiday with open arms! 

We all know what Lori wants. It's got nothing to do with ministry. 

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, louisa05 said:

My over-21 kids don't enjoy drinking wine because, in their words, "it tastes like church".  :pb_lol:  (they grew up Orthodox)

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19

1 hour ago, thoughtful said:

suffrage

equality

women's rights

intelligence

common sense

respect

job

regular flour

And Jesus.  Who needs Jesus when Paul's books are right there in the Bible, and so much more restrictive and judgy?

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

The comments on obedience in yesterday’s blog post are insane. Trey is complely nuts. These men want a robot, not a wife

Edited by Hisey
  • Upvote 7

Holy Jesus, her video...

She is looking sicker by the day, and more unhinged by the moment.  Honestly, someone feed her and take her internet away...all of the strange food deprivation + spending every waking second trying to go VIRAL!!! is taking a real toll on her.  

1352416585_face2.PNG.5e374db1e32d4e16cd446a6321b80236.PNG

face.PNG.2834d669d8d9eca9c4910b402586a8bc.PNG

• Upvote 18

Lori has a very skewed view of women who work. (I know, I know...that is an understatement and has already been established)

Not every woman who works is a CEO of a Fortune 500 company. That is a very very small and specific subset of a larger group of women. And if that is what someone strives to obtain, good for them that is their goal/dream.  However it is much like a professional athlete.  Most people will never obtain that. However, MOST men and women work because they like to have a place to live, food in the fridge/cabinets, health insurance, clothes to wear, etc.  It's not glamorous. Hopefully it's someone one enjoys or is at least tolerable since it is a necessity of life and one spends significant time there, but it's not all status and high living. 

I love my job for the most part, I love my coworkers, my commute is easy (its been harder in the past at other jobs) and I help support my family.  If I could quit I would (like if I hit the lottery) and maybe just do something else (volunteer, take art classes, etc).   Work is not an idol to most people, like you make it out Lori. It's just a fact of life. 

23 minutes ago, Koala said:

She is looking sicker by the day, and more unhinged by the moment.  Honestly, someone feed her and take her internet away

I agree!  I usually don't like to comment on looks, but she is not looking good. Her hair?!?!? last week on IG she was posting about the natural shampoos/conditioner she uses and raved about how great they were.   I wouldn't be so quick to brag.  and I know she said a couple of videos back how she was growing her hair out (I am convinced it was because she received flack a while back about how her hair wasn't that long and how Godly women were supposed to have really long hair -- it was the post about headcoverings).  It is not a good look!

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 14

6 hours ago, thoughtful said:

suffrage

equality

women's rights

intelligence

common sense

respect

job

regular flour

Words that I would like to ban because of Lori:

slather

organic

lube

nourishing

Einkorn

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 9

Okay, I just went dumpster diving on Lori's FB page, and I need a good long shower.  It's disgusting!  I'm convinced that she's deliberately leaving insulting posts up just so she can scream 'PERSECUUUUUUUTION!'  She is interacting, commenting on and liking more recent posts, while leaving comments like 'you're garbage' (which while there may be some truth to them, they are probably counterproductive in this context), and the only reason I can come up with is because she and her leghumpers love their martyrbation time.  

Another thought: The term 'garbage' keeps showing up in the foul language post, and I can't recall seeing it often at all before.  I can't help wondering if at least some of them may be planned and intentional, sock accounts being used just to make it look like Lori is being mistreated?  Normally I would try to think the best of people, but Lori has proven over and over what a mistake that is in her case.  

• Upvote 16

I took a bit of a break from Lori on FB and here to go through her stupid "study" and write a review.

I see, in coming back, that everything she has done has only reinforced the impression I got from her study - that is - she lacks an understanding of personhood and how women are persons first and foremost.  

Hermeneutical methods will tell you that admonitions to "men" are applicable to all of humanity unless there is something specific in the context to limit it to one gender.  Gender specific to men admonitions are very limited.  Admonitions about work are all within passages that, in context, are the larger, global interpretation of "human kind".  Therefore, women ARE told to work unto the Lord in scripture, Lori - it's your reading gender into every word part that gets it wrong.  Lori is in gross error here.

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic