IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

I surely hope that when the oldest son got the spoon he wasn’t quite because he is afraid of it. She did say it is a great spanking tool.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Someone on FB's Things Godly Women Say has suggested this. They reported a photo for  being offensive, and FB apparently deleted it. So Lori may well be in FB jail. I can't for the life of me remember a photo that offensive, though, unless it was a meme someone posted in a comment section in the past day or two. :think:

Thanks. I’ve mainly checked in here with brief peeps at her page these past several days. I must have missed it. I have no trouble believing she posted something offensive. She thrives on it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

If anyone needs a mind-cleanser from the thought of abusing spoons to abuse wives and children, here are some women making lots of wonderful sound, with . . . spoons!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

I'd love to see Abby the Spoon Lady take Mr. Silent Spoon's weapon/scepter away from him, and make it sing. Screw the "Silent Spoon" and bring on the musical spoons!

Here's a real man who knows what a spoon is for:

Spoiler

Edited by thoughtful
clarity
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 3

I hate that the mother basically bragged about it being a spanking tool. In general, I hate it when people talk about swatting their kids with a spoon like it is something to be proud of. It triggers a lot of anxiety because I wasn't spanked with a spoon or a switch, I was spanked with the calloused hand of my father. It is something my dad regrets, and I understand that his dad disciplined him that way, but it still leaves scars.

There is this family that may fall under the "fundie-lite" part of the spectrum (maybe somewhere between that and conservative Christian) and they have two teenage girls and two boys around the ages of 7 and 3. During praise night at my church, the boys were playing their games which had sound. One of the older ladies said "Maybe we need to hold a love offering for some headphones." Then the conversation devolved into how the older lady spanked her kids with a wooden spoon to deal with that behavior. The dad was laughing. 

I'll admit that their toy was distracting. My question is why the hell did you bring that toy if they don't have headphones? I just see them as boys wanting to play with their toy. What also triggers me is when they do get out of line and the parents (and the sisters) yell "Obey." Wouldn't it be better to explain what they need to do and why? Look, I can't say what it is like to parent these kids, but to do it openly in church is not okay with me.

Edited by ColeJo
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, Koala said:

omg.thumb.PNG.48e6109f0a3f46920be2c7b879577845.PNG

omg1.thumb.PNG.e11e0902307c262a3c78d08956f15d4d.PNG

God helps us...

I cling to the hope that this is a troll, and Lori and Ken are just too evil and stupid to realize it.

I vote troll. I doubt even many fundie women would not speak in their own home for the whole evening.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

I know this is pretty OT, and I’m not even 100% sure what my question is, so it may turn into some stream of consciousness ramblings. 

How do you help your young teen navigate church peer interactions with those who have a more conservative/legalistic mindset?

For example, a young lady in youth group made a comment about not supporting those who identify as LGBTQ, saying it’s a sin. More recently, she made a comment about drinking. Our family doesn’t share those beliefs. 

Both incidents provided a good opportunity for discussion but I feel like I need to be more equipped for these conversations. How do I help our daughter understand that sometimes otherwise nice and caring people have crappy beliefs? How do I help her navigate those situations and relationships?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

13 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I know this is pretty OT, and I’m not even 100% sure what my question is, so it may turn into some stream of consciousness ramblings. 

How do you help your young teen navigate church peer interactions with those who have a more conservative/legalistic mindset?

For example, a young lady in youth group made a comment about not supporting those who identify as LGBTQ, saying it’s a sin. More recently, she made a comment about drinking. Our family doesn’t share those beliefs. 

Both incidents provided a good opportunity for discussion but I feel like I need to be more equipped for these conversations. How do I help our daughter understand that sometimes otherwise nice and caring people have crappy beliefs? How do I help her navigate those situations and relationships?

My advice. Tell your teen to show love to those people. Listen to what they have to say. He or she should be honest about how they feel on issues. It won’t be easy but your teen may find other teens that share those same beliefs but don’t speak up about it. 

• I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

If anyone needs a mind-cleanser from the thought of abusing spoons to abuse wives and children, here are some women making lots of wonderful sound, with . . . spoons!

Hide contents

Hide contents

Reveal hidden contents

I'd love to see Abby the Spoon Lady take Mr. Silent Spoon's weapon/scepter away from him, and make it sing. Screw the "Silent Spoon" and bring on the musical spoons!

Here's a real man who knows what a spoon is for:

Hide contents

Loved! Brought back some sweet memories of childhood and visiting extended family on the east coast of Canada. We always had kitchen parties - music, singing, dancing and moonshine. The spoons were the first instrument many of us kids started out on.

• Upvote 5

IF my dear husband handed me a spoon that gave me "permission" to talk, he'd find it shoved up his ass. He tried to tell me to "shut up" once, long ago. It didn't go over very well...he never tried it again. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 7

Interesting how she refers to her husband as her "master."  So is she the slave?

The poster whose husband tells her to "end it" if she speaks at dinner provided some additional details about her life. Apparently she works, but deposits her paycheck in hubby's account--which she has no access to. He gives her a tiny allowance--less than I give my teenager.

I do work— because as a helpmeet to my husband this is what is required of me. I do so without complaint. I get home before he does and start the dinner and get everything ready before he gets home. But even in working I can be submissive to him— my paycheck is direct deposited into the bank. My husband handles all of the finances — I do not carry a credit card, have access to bank accounts, nor have a debit card. I am given an allowance each week— $10-20 per week that I can spend on myself. It was hard at first , but I have learned to be content and not complain. I know many will hard to find this to be true, but it all is. I do not mention this to most people because they would not understand. In some ways I do feel beat down, and less than, but I’ve come to accept that this is what I am called to do and all I deserve as a sinner (although saved by grace)

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 10

4 hours ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I vote troll. I doubt even many fundie women would not speak in their own home for the whole evening.  

I also vote troll. But that “Kevin” who fell for it... *shudder*

• I Agree 4

Oh wow. A silent spoon. Can you imagine holding a spoon during sex if you want to talk dirty? 

• Haha 15
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

Oh wow. A silent spoon. Can you imagine holding a spoon during sex if you want to talk dirty? 

In that case, using it for spanking too might be fun? To the prayer closet, I go!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, Hisey said:

In some ways I do feel beat down, and less than, but I’ve come to accept that this is what I am called to do and all I deserve as a sinner (although saved by grace)

I think both Mrs. "end it" and Mrs. Silent Spoon are trolls.  The fact that Lori allows those comments on a board full of men who would love to have that sort of power in their homes is sickening.  Why does Lori hate women so much?

6 hours ago, Frog99 said:

I have two teens and a preteen daughter. My teen boys don't go to church very often but we respect that. In my opinion, now is the time when they have to make up their own minds about what they believe.  We usually point them to Jesus, the way he treated people and the things he said.  

6 hours ago, Frog99 said:

How do I help our daughter understand that sometimes otherwise nice and caring people have crappy beliefs? How do I help her navigate those situations and relationships?

My (almost) 12 year-old daughter has to deal with that too. I tell her that the Bible says many things and some people place more emphasis on certain passages.  For example, a friend of hers asked her why she wears jeans when she claims to be a Christian and another girl went as far as saying that she must not be a Christian. This friend of hers belongs to a church where women and girls are required to wear skirts and dresses only. I told her that these rules are secondary, at best, and not necessary to have a relationship with Jesus, which is what being a Christian is all about.  

But it's tricky. This conversation soured the relationship and now she doesn't have much to do with the girl any more.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Day 3 of no new posts on Lori's FB page. I think it's safe to say she HAS been put into FB jail. We need to brace ourselves for the inevitable persekushon post that's sure to come when they let her out again. :roll:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

Would the controlling husbands of "end it" and "silent spoon" allow their wives to post on social media?  It doesn't fit with the entire scenario.  I did like that "silent spoon" gave her youngest kid a name, Jaxxon.

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, wallysmommy said:

Would the controlling husbands of "end it" and "silent spoon" allow their wives to post on social media?  It doesn't fit with the entire scenario.  I did like that "silent spoon" gave her youngest kid a name, Jaxxon.

That is an excellent point. If they can't speak in their own home without permission, would they be allowed the power that comes with access to the internet, and the voice you get with social media? Probably not. Also "Jaxxon" seems like such a fundie name, it's too perfect.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, Liza said:

She posted this on utube today:

Wondering where the video was shot?  Bedspread looks "homey" (although still sterile) yet the door in the background looks commercial like a hotel or something. That doesn't look like the kind of door knob you'd see in a home/house.  Door County? 

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Wondering where the video was shot?  Bedspread looks "homey" (although still sterile) yet the door in the background looks commercial like a hotel or something. That doesn't look like the kind of door knob you'd see in a home/house.  Door County? 

I speculated on that above somewhere. Yeah, I think she's in DC, she's just not mentioning it. She does have a notebook scribble on Instagram today; haven't checked her blog yet to see if she's posted there. Being jailed on FB may slow her down a bit, but it's obviously not going to stop her altogether. Darn it. LOL.

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

She posted today on her blog: https://thetransformedwife.com/receiving-many-uplifting-inspiring-comments/

some women who is shy had great things to say about Lori and her ways. 

She tells everyone her book is getting good reviews.  What she doesnt say is in the chatroom she begged them all to leave good reviews even if they haven't read it. I have the proof up on my fb page. Such an ethical, godly beacon to follow!

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

Waiting for her post about the US Women's soccer team.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic