IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

Day before a holiday and so I'm just BEC......not even going to wade into this morning's blog/FB post but I found the byline amusing for some reason:  "Written By My Husband, Ken, and Me"   with all capital letters....like it was some royal title!!  LOL ?

And for someone who says she doesn't watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette...she sure knows a lot about that show and talks about it enough.

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 4

15 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

Day before a holiday and so I'm just BEC......not even going to wade into this morning's blog/FB post but I found the byline amusing for some reason:  "Written By My Husband, Ken, and Me"   with all capital letters....like it was some royal title!!  LOL ?

And for someone who says she doesn't watch the Bachelor/Bachelorette...she sure knows a lot about that show and talks about it enough.

I was going to say the same thing. She did post a link to an article so she can claim she never watches the show but just happened to read about it, but her obsession with it tells me otherwise. I don't watch the show and know nothing about it. She says she doesn't watch the show, but she seems to know it inside and out. Funny, that. :my_dodgy:

And I don't know why she felt she had to tell us Ken was a co-writer of this blog post. I'd guess he wrote all but the first small paragraph. It's long, it's wordy, it's full of Ken-isms and words Lori probably couldn't even pronounce, much less use in a sentence. No worries, Lori, we know you had help with this one.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

"Written By My Husband, Ken, and Me"

Wait... Ken isn't her husband any more?

• Haha 34
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

Wait... Ken isn't her husband any more?

Thar, or she really should have paid more attention in school.  Oh, I forgot...she's proud of how little she learned.  

• Upvote 15

I thought she only read the KJV and commentaries written by men.  I don't think any reality tv shows were covered in depth, with quotes, in either the KJV or the commentaries.  I'm sure she's sitting up in Door County, watching soap operas and reality tv shows.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

I was going to say the same thing. She did post a link to an article so she can claim she never watches the show but just happened to read about it, but her obsession with it tells me otherwise. I don't watch the show and know nothing about it. She says she doesn't watch the show, but she seems to know it inside and out. Funny, that. :my_dodgy:

I had the same thought. Not to mention, this isn’t a topic covered by any media channels I follow/review. I feel like it’s something you would have to dig for- or purposely be ok the lookout for similar content. Which goes against all of her “teachings”. 

Every single post of hers is made with the intention of going viral, acting outrageous, or sowing division. And her “Christian” followers lap it up. 

Someone on my FB feed shared this. It’s related to early childhood, but I think it’s relevant for all age groups. Lori is not qualified to teach because she hasn’t done any real learning- in school or life. If she had, she wouldn’t make the assertions that she does. She would also understand the meaning of Titus 2. She simply  doesn’t have the ability to create meaningful relationships. Sorry, Lori. You can live all alone in your personal hell created to prevent Ken from leaving you. You both deserve each other. 

Spoiler

FD9359ED-B242-4FA6-8557-89888F25B70F.thumb.jpeg.5dc739cf07a543359c4b798a21714653.jpeg

Edited by Frog99
Forgot to add pic
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

I'm sure she's sitting up in Door County, watching soap operas and reality tv shows.  

speaking of Door County, I think Ken gave us a clue they are there. A couple days ago he posted a picture of a sunset. I think he's posted that same view before and it was ID'd as from Door County.  

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

Know what’s really ugly Lori? Women hitting their husbands and saying it’s not abuse. Ugly is husbands being told they can rape their wives because there is no such thing as rape. Ugly is women being told to give their husbands sex no matter what. Ugly is beating little kids. Tickling them when they don’t want to be. Looking at you @Ken. Ugly isn’t a women telling her husband that he is wrong. Same for a husband telling his wife she is wrong. Scolding isn’t something that should be done in public. Wouldn’t call it ugly. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 3

Lori was dissing people who are on social media and who watch tv as being Ungodly.  Know anyone that does this??? lol.  She is on so many, I lost count.

Lori used to watch soap operas, and now  watches ', the bachelor and the badhelorette, and Hallmark TV.   (and God knows what else).  Since Lori is calling these women unGodly, then I guess she is ungodly.  What is really ironic is that she finds bachelor and bachelorette    ....(reality TV) disgusting and immoral.

Lori, Reality TV is heaviiy scripted which means what you see is not what really happens.  They are actresses & actors playing a  part;.  Just google it and you will see.  

My guess is that Lori is anti all the things that she and her kids do.  She is against leggings, but Alysssa models them ; she is against public school but one of her kids is considering putting her kid in public school.  I doubt Lori is going to give up dancing and modeling once the baby comes along.  But we will see.  

• Upvote 8

Lori spouts such shit. Is she seriously not engaging her brain when she slates people who watch TV and are on social media??

• Upvote 7

14 minutes ago, Liza said:

Lori was dissing people who are on social media and who watch tv as being Ungodly. 

Does Lori ever do anything besides sit on her ass and babysit social media/watch TV?  We know she doesn't do anything to help the poor and needy, like the Bible commands, because she has been asked repeatedly for suggestions, and she ignores or deletes the questions.  

• Upvote 11

" My husband, Ken, and me"???

This is why the Oxford comma matters, my friends.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

58 minutes ago, TeddyBonkers said:

My husband, Ken, and me"???

This is why the Oxford comma matters, my friends.

This former English major (with a graduate degree (horrors)) thanks you from the bottom of her evil, feminist, jezebel, and always learning (unlike Lori)  heart.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

But “my husband, Ken, and me” only LOOKS like a case of the Oxford comma. She’s listing only two things, not three, and the “, Ken,” part is just a case of comma overuse—and bad writing.

• Upvote 10

My cousin is at a welcome center in Wisconsin. She sends me a picture of her daughter not realizing the significance of what is in the picture.

0E724A1B-1FBC-4F4D-9371-E6C6147DD768.png

• Haha 16

Well wasn't that an inspiring post for the 4th?  America may have issues, however, I am still happy to live here and appreciate our great freedom.  

I was an Air Force wife back in the day and spent about 5 hours not knowing if my husband was alive after the Khobar Towers bombing in '96.  Lori doesn't know squat. She's never sat by the phone and watched out the window praying the chaplain doesn't pull in the driveway.

She needs to remember our freedom allows her to have her silly blog and run her mouth.

Edited by Free Jana Duggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 16

7 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

Well wasn't that an inspiring post for the 4th?  America may have issues, however, I am still happy to live here and appreciate our great freedom.  

I was an Air Force wife back in the day and spent about 5 hours not knowing if my husband was alive after the Khobar Towers bombing in '96.  Lori doesn't know squat.

She needs to remember our freedom allows her to have her silly blog and run her mouth.

Let's see if I've got this right.  Lori wants us to celebrate our freedom by...submitting to the bondage that she commands for all women?  She would have us believe that freedom is slavery, and I'm not buying it.  

I've got a few words for The UnGodly Mentor, a statement that ends with '...and the horse you rode in on.' 

• Upvote 16

On 6/27/2019 at 9:08 AM, Loveday said:

I reacted with a laugh emoji for your comment to Lori--you just know she'd be dumb enough to try doing it!-- but I have no clue about 5G, this is actually the first I've even heard of it, so is there really anything at all to worry about? I mean, is there a grain of truth buried in all the negative hype? I just tried googling it and came up with a lot of scary headlines, but unlike with medical topics, I don't know where to start in sifting out the legit info from the fear-mongering stuff.

Well, Lori has claimed to have "made mistakes in my life and marriage before I began to believe God at His Word, then He transformed my life..." (a quote from her pinned post at the top of The Transformed Wife facebook page).

If this is true, then she can take God at His Word in Psalm 91, regarding 5G:

Psalm 91:

5 Don’t fear a thing!
Whether by night or by day, demonic danger will not trouble you,
nor will the powers of evil launched against you.
7 Even in a time of disaster, with thousands and thousands being killed,
you will remain unscathed and unharmed.

Oh, and also, if she can "believe God at His Word", she can consider this verse as well:

Luke 10:19 Now you understand that I have imparted to you all my authority to trample over his kingdom. You will trample upon every demon before you and overcome every power[a] Satan possesses. Absolutely nothing will be able to harm you as you walk in this authority.

You see, she only SAYS she "believes God at His Word" - clearly she only believes Him where she perceives He has told her to oppress other women and people.    

She's like the Wizard of Oz.  A tiny little voice behind a huge smoke screen, using the Word to control and cause fear.

Disgusting.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

Lori's DIL Emily has a facebook that is pretty interesting.It seems she is going to the border next week to work with a feminist pro-life group, helping them to provide supplies to the people in detention camp. Emily is pregnant and has two small children.

The pro-life group is interesting in that it maintains that there are societal causes that cause women to have abortions (poverty, lack of childcare, etc), and that the best way to reduce abortions is to help women facing these problems.

I've got to say, ti's a far more intelligent way of approaching the abortion issue than Lori's approach (slut-shaming women).

The members of the group identify as feminists, in fact the name of the group is New Wave Feminists.

I wonder how Lori feels about her daughter-in-law calling herself a feminist.

• Upvote 23

@Hisey I think she is just copying the main post because those are the exact words of Abby Johnson. I don't think she is actually going. To clarify, the items are not going to a detainment camp because they do not accept donations. The items on the Amazon wishlist are going to a respite center where families go once they are out. New Wave Feminists are raising funds for 2 respite centers as well as a legal aid fund.

Edited by ColeJo
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

4 hours ago, ColeJo said:

@Hisey I think she is just copying the main post because those are the exact words of Abby Johnson. I don't think she is actually going. To clarify, the items are not going to a detainment camp because they do not accept donations. The items on the Amazon wishlist are going to a respite center where families go once they are out. New Wave Feminists are raising funds for 2 respite centers as well as a legal aid fund.

Oh, thanks! That makes a lot more sense!

I was contemplating Lori's cornerstone scripture, particularly the word sober.  If you look closely at the word, it could be interpreted as an admonishment to remain calm and use common sense, not given to histrionics.  That means Lori's behavior flies in the face of her favorite scripture.  Her posts and her followers (I'm looking at you Deanna and your foolish comment today) are often histrionic and non-sensical.  Unlike Jill Rodrigues who is a parody of a person, Lori has some people believing she is sincere and knowledgable.  It's scary that they use no wisdom and discernment in following her every word of advice.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

I hate examples like this because they don't mean anything. I work with a lot of people in poverty and many are stay at home moms. However, many people in poverty have poor social support just like rich people. That's what it often comes down to, social support. Both working moms and stay at home moms have the ability to build great relationships with their kids and family and have that support. Some individuals simply don't have that. Perhaps that rich woman's family was toxic and she didn't want them around. Maybe the poor woman's family was putting on a facade to look good. We simply don't know a person's story. 

IMG_2811.PNG

• Upvote 14

@Sarah92, I’m reading the memoir “Maid” by Stephanie Land. It’s about a single mom struggling to care for her child on backbreaking, minimum-wage physical work and a patchwork of government assistance programs. The thing that stands out the most to me is that she suffers the MOST because she has absolutely no social safety net of friends or family. Her parents are unwilling or unable to help her. She spends all her time working or studying towards a degree, so there’s no time to have with friends. Her loneliness is palpable. Being one of the “deserving poor” guarantees one nothing.

• Upvote 18

Lori learned nothing in college. 98AAE3E2-92C8-45F2-85B8-BC3F4BD33BF4.thumb.jpeg.1d1d4f43a5242d8fbd37efe2075d0a4d.jpeg

my problem with Lori and her message is that she lacks empathy. A mentor has to have some form of empathy. She also doesn’t teach or learn. She speed out what she believes not what the Bible says or doesn’t say. Bible says nothing about women working outside of the home. Yes the home functions better if someone is there full time to take care of it. Doesn’t mean a women can’t work and take care of the home with the help of her spouse. 

True it will never be 50/50 100% of the time. But that doesn’t mean it fails. I’ve said it before but my dad worked two jobs. One full time and one part time. He worked 6 days a week more weeks. My mom worked part time and home schooled my two brothers and me. He still helped out. Not because he was forced but because he lived there and wanted to help out. He wanted to lead by example. Both sexes helped out around the house because they live there. When my siblings and I was old enough we took on chores too. My mom working didn’t take away from the house being kept up or being a good mom. 

• Upvote 13

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic