IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

13 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

Now I want to know what $14 butter tastes like....dang this thread!   I mean it's not like I grew up on a farm and we made our own, with fresh milk from the cow or anything.  Oh, wait...  is that what it tastes like?  

I wish I knew, but I've never paid more than $3 for a pound of butter in my life! Land o' Lakes or Kroger brand, always when it's on sale. I don't think I've ever even seen $14 butter on the shelf at my grocery store, but then I don't shop at the same stores Lori frequents, obviously. I guess my butter--and my Kroger--just isn't quite godly enough. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

On 6/25/2019 at 2:33 PM, Koala said:

Holy Jesus, her video...

She is looking sicker by the day, and more unhinged by the moment.  Honestly, someone feed her and take her internet away...all of the strange food deprivation + spending every waking second trying to go VIRAL!!! is taking a real toll on her.  

1352416585_face2.PNG.5e374db1e32d4e16cd446a6321b80236.PNG

face.PNG.2834d669d8d9eca9c4910b402586a8bc.PNG

She's at least 10 years younger than my mother, and almost 20 years younger than my MIL, yet she looks older than both of them.  This is what evil will do to you!

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I cannot find any legitimate journals or papers yet about these supposed risks of 5G, but I only did a brief search. I looked up that petition on the article and it's a mix of people and only some are listed as MDs or PhDs in fields that would maybe research such risks. Others are not what I'd call scientists, but doesn't seem a large consensus on these supposed dangers of 5G. Paul Wagner though, he's definitely NOT a scientist or anything that I can find. Some woo-woo books and stuff with no real information about any education he actually is. Also, here's his ways to "fix the 5G radiation exposure": 

Spirulina, Wheat Grass, Vitamin C, and similar supplements are consumable forms of sunlight, which will always improve our health and raise our vibrations. Yoga, meditation, chanting,mantras and other forms of prayer can also be beneficial in protecting our life-energies.

Here are a few ideas to give you a fighting chance:

Do not live near a cell tower or mini station.

Purchase an EMF shield, and continue to measure the levels of radiation within 100 feet of your home.

Eat healthily and take immune-boosting supplements.

Spend lots of time in the forest.

Refrain from using your cell phone for long periods, including never keeping your cell phone in your bedroom.

When traveling with your cell phone, store it in an EMF protective bag.

Consider purchasing some Orgonite, which reportedly scatters electromagnetic fields and turns them into beneficial ones. Dr. Wilhelm Reich developed this unique composite.

Continually educate yourself about the wireless industry and the global government support of this insane endeavor.

Remain strong, stay out of fear and continue to improve your vibration through positive thinking, forgiveness, and increased attention toward your mental, emotional and physical health.

Also, Gaia is a site that streams yoga videos and talks about consciousness and meditation, not any sort of scientific or medical website. Not really what I'd picture Lori promoting, but I highly doubt she even bothered to look into it at all. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 10

1 hour ago, dairyfreelife said:

Spirulina, Wheat Grass, Vitamin C, and similar supplements are consumable forms of sunlight, which will always improve our health and raise our vibrations. 

I didn't know that one could consume (I assume he means ingest) sunlight.  

1 hour ago, dairyfreelife said:

Gaia is a site that streams yoga videos

Lori wouldn't promote that site. Yoga is EVIL and immodest and defrauding. 

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

I reacted with a laugh emoji for your comment to Lori--you just know she'd be dumb enough to try doing it!-- but I have no clue about 5G, this is actually the first I've even heard of it, so is there really anything at all to worry about? I mean, is there a grain of truth buried in all the negative hype? I just tried googling it and came up with a lot of scary headlines, but unlike with medical topics, I don't know where to start in sifting out the legit info from the fear-mongering stuff.

No sources, just my woo- dar springing to live reading these headlines. To much contact with snakeoil over the years.

3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

My long, long read, catching up on several years of Lori, and reading the PP/Zsu threads, has led to some curiosity. Reading the word "einkorn" over and over and over has me wondering what it tastes like.

I get that the big deal is that it is supposed to be lower in gluten, higher in protein, etc., so it's not really about flavor.

I don't bake bread, there's no einkorn bread in brick-and-mortar stores (even the fancy ones), and I'm not ordering a $20 loaf from an Etsy vendor. I guess I'll just have to wonder.

Maybe tasting like fancy wheatbread, since einkorn is nothing more than an old wheat kind that got rediscovered and became the star in alternative cicles. And who the heck is buying a 20 $ loaf of bread from etsy? It will be gone stale during delivery. And here I tought my indulgence in 5 € bread (1 1/2 lb rye bread) baked in a real woodoven from time to time is fancy.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Loveday said:

I wish I knew, but I've never paid more than $3 for a pound of butter in my life! Land o' Lakes or Kroger brand, always when it's on sale. I don't think I've ever even seen $14 butter on the shelf at my grocery store, but then I don't shop at the same stores Lori frequents, obviously. I guess my butter--and my Kroger--just isn't quite godly enough. :rolleyes:

I'm ashamed to admit I buy $6 a pound butter... It's the antibiotic- and hormone-free stuff, which my husband's a little picky about. I don't notice any difference flavor-wise, though.

• Upvote 7

7 minutes ago, klein_roeschen said:

Maybe tasting like fancy wheatbread, since einkorn is nothing more than an old wheat kind that got rediscovered and became the star in alternative cicles. And who the heck is buying a 20 $ loaf of bread from etsy?

Somebody is -- quite a few folks seem to be selling it.

https://www.etsy.com/market/einkorn_bread

And yeah, my non-curious side tells me it probably just tastes like  . . . bread.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

I'd rather bake bread myself than buy it from someone on Etsy.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

There is nothing worse than the crap they peddle as low carb bread.  A cardboard box would taste better.  I'm sticking with my Bunny Bread or Sara Lee Artisan white bread.  My new go-to butter is Trader Joe's house brand.  $3.99 or so a pound and quite good.  

I see we are still hot and heavy into summer reruns.  I guess we have several more weeks of repeats.  Women don't interfere with your husbands teaching sons to be a manly-man.  Don't live by emotions.  Yada, yada, yada...

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, dairyfreelife said:

I cannot find any legitimate journals or papers yet about these supposed risks of 5G, but I only did a brief search. I looked up that petition on the article and it's a mix of people and only some are listed as MDs or PhDs in fields that would maybe research such risks. Others are not what I'd call scientists, but doesn't seem a large consensus on these supposed dangers of 5G. Paul Wagner though, he's definitely NOT a scientist or anything that I can find. Some woo-woo books and stuff with no real information about any education he actually is. Also, here's his ways to "fix the 5G radiation exposure": 

Also, Gaia is a site that streams yoga videos and talks about consciousness and meditation, not any sort of scientific or medical website. Not really what I'd picture Lori promoting, but I highly doubt she even bothered to look into it at all. 

And tin-foil hats. Don't forget those. It keeps out the 5G and stops aliens and the government from reading your thoughts. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 15

3 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

I'm ashamed to admit I buy $6 a pound butter... It's the antibiotic- and hormone-free stuff, which my husband's a little picky about. I don't notice any difference flavor-wise, though.

$6 a pound is pretty reasonable for that kind of butter, though. If I wanted to go that route, I wouldn't have a problem paying $6. But we eat a little too much butter at my house to justify spending $14! :lol:

• Upvote 5

Looks like one of Lori's fans is doing a Biblical Womanhood "study" , but like Lori she says a lot without saying much. So far there are 15  videos, and they are long.   

These women seriously believe they are "Godly".   It is frightening to see these women wanting to live their lives this way and thinking it is a good thing.    

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

8 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

Years ago, a company built a cellphone tower for cellphone net near a village in Germany and as soon as that tower stands, the people started to complain, that the signals  impacted their health. Some of them even went to court to sue the company for health damages. During the hearing it came out, that the tower hasen't started broadcasting yet. And now we again have some so called experts who will tell us that with 5G birds will drop death from the sky and other bullshit. And after 5G is old news and a new broadcasting technology comes, than again will it be straight from hell to kill us all (dramatic music starting).

Dear Lori, try to start your microwave with the door open and than tell us what happened. Please, I'm eager for that video

But every-one knows birds aren't real....

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

I think I've eaten $14 butter.  It was in France, and I recognize the brands which sell for fancy fancy prices here.  It was delicious on the warm baguette I ate it with.  Very fresh, creamy, really buttery tasting with wonderful mouth feel. I admit, I slathered that stuff on.

Interestingly in France, depending on where the butter comes from, it tastes different. I had some that tasted faintly of chives, because the cows fed on grass with lots of wild onions in it.  Butter from the coast has a sea salt tang to it.

I would never spend $14 for butter here. Land o'Lakes or the Amish home churned I can sometimes find is fine for me. Dang though, now I have a hankering for that baguette and butter.

• Upvote 15

2 hours ago, SuperNova said:

And tin-foil hats. Don't forget those. It keeps out the 5G and stops aliens and the government from reading your thoughts. 

Thanks for the reminder!  I'll have to break mine out and dust it off if I plan to torture myself with a Lori The Monster thread.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

Back on women in silence.

This comment...I can't make up my mind if I'm furious or just sad.

Either way, it makes me feel icky.

Spoiler

1725381561_ScreenShot2019-06-27at7_50_39PM.thumb.png.d252b0674ace1ed2d7444c354a4177ea.png

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 10
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • WTF 25

2 hours ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

But every-one knows birds aren't real....

:laughing-rollingyellow:

I have a pet dove who is very old and very beautiful, and I often joke that he's secretly a mechanical dove, since he's lived so long and remains so good looking.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Hide contents

1725381561_ScreenShot2019-06-27at7_50_39PM.thumb.png.d252b0674ace1ed2d7444c354a4177ea.png

I'm sorry, but the little WTF reaction smiley isn't enough for this. 

What. The. Actual. FUCK! :angry-cussing:

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 1

If you want to eat good bread, learn how to make fry bread. There are good recipes out there in YouTube land. I learned how to make it from my grandmother and it's been fun to have lived in various Inuit and Native communities and learned different variations. I eat it a fair bit when winter camping. The best fry bread meal I ever had was when I moved out of a community I had been in for a couple of years and this sweet elder came to the one room airport shack and gave me two pieces of warm, greasy fry bread with two fried eggs in between. I can still taste it!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 8

Ahh so that's why Shaun hates women. He's terrified of us. I mean who knew my thoughts were so fucking dangerous? Apparently if men had access to the female brain they'd become powerhouses of terrifying strength and intelligence....or they might implode idk. 

I want a fantasy novel where the male hero trains at a temple run by women. They teach him the way of "female brain chemistry". *cue montage of buff man training to eye of the tiger or some shit* The hero leaves confident in his new abilities. He ends the war through negotiation and peace treaties because the Holy Women of Mount Estrogen taught him to seek peaceful resolutions over senseless bloodshed. The hero (but really the women) saved the Land of Testosterone.

tempted to make einkorn bread just to see how it taste

image.png

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 11

9 hours ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Hide contents

This is beyond horrible.  

Lori has taught women to let the men do most of the talking, as well as budgeting and decision making.  I can't live like that. I won't be treated like an inferior or even like a minor in my own home.  If my husband ever told me "that's it, end it", I hope I'd have the gumption to walk out on him. I'm not a child! 

Edited by onemama
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

This “silence when the King comes home” bullshit reminds me of the novel “Vox” by Christina Dalcher, in which a Gilead-like regime takes over and women and girls are limited to a hundred words a day and forbidden to read, write, or use sign language.

• Upvote 9

Those kids aren't thinking they are having a 'peaceful' dinner.  They are sitting there listening to daddy rant on and on about his rough day at work, dread it every day, can't wait for it to be over, and have knots in their stomachs worrying if they will accidentally say something wrong or at the wrong time.  And how horrible for the entire family that they miss out on the sharing that normally goes along with family dinners.   If submission is that wife's kink, she should go for it, but to think that hearing him lecture and rant makes dinner peaceful and relaxing is utter nonsense.    

Edited by SweetLaurel
clarifying
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Hane said:

This “silence when the King comes home” bullshit reminds me of the novel “Vox” by Christina Dalcher, in which a Gilead-like regime takes over and women and girls are limited to a hundred words a day and forbidden to read, write, or use sign language.

I read that.  It's a terrifying concept. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Those kids aren't thinking they are having a 'peaceful' dinner.  They are sitting there listening to daddy rant on and on about his rough day at work, dread it every day, can't wait for it to be over, and have knots in their stomachs worrying if they will accidentally say something wrong or at the wrong time.  And how horrible for the entire family that they miss out on the sharing that normally goes along with family dinners.   If submission is that wife's kink, she should go for it, but to think that hearing him lecture and rant makes dinner peaceful and relaxing is utter nonsense.    

I was thinking the same thing. It was what my mom's dad expected. He just passed away and neither of his two bio kids really want to go to the funeral. In fact, I think it's only my parents and me going. My Aunt, mom's sister, refuses. 

The woman notes that it works for the family, it doesn't. It works for the dad who gets all the attention and has all the authority. The kids are simply subjected to it. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic