IGNORED

Lori Alexander 68: June Gloom Has Arrived

Facebook has been popping up pages you follow and asking you to answer questions to define what category they fit in. I suspect some people had fun answering about Lori's page and she doesn't even know it happened. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

One...nothing is completely harmless in this world. Anything can cause odd reactions. Most people can eat bananas without any concern, but I eat one and I break out in hives and my tongue gets scratchy. Doesn't mean there's a problem with bananas or that it's better for most people to eat bananas. We know bananas are good for you, are a healthy food to consume full of potassium. 

A couple weeks ago a distant cousin of mine died of cancer. She was born normal, healthy in the 1940s. When she was a young child, about 4 or 5, she caught measles. There was not a vaccine for it back then, of course. While sick with the measles she developed a fever that spiked quickly. Though taken to a hospital, they struggled to get it under control. Her fever got too high for too long before they were able to get it back to a safe level and it damaged her brain. She could walk and talk, but she was forever a child mentally. My great-grandmother took her in and raised her for many years until her husband had a stroke that left him paralyzed in a wheelchair and unable to talk. She went a facility for the rest of her life. 

But please tell me again Lori and anti-vaxxers, just how "harmless" measles is. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1
  • Love 15

8 hours ago, SweetLaurel said:

Well, obviously not divorced harlot mothers!  If they can't manage to not get a divorce they deserve no kids!  It says so in the Bible....somewhere...I think....maybe....hmmmm....where is that verse, again?   

I believe it is found in Two Corinthians, our president's favorite book of the Bible. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

Lori posted an article by James Dobson ... his "solution" to the border wall is:  supporting Trump who "cares" and prayer.  

image.png.89dce965d60c91e45aaae4c92c07d176.png

Dobson is a despicable man who is a misogynist, supports animal and severe child abuse (Dare to Discipline) and who is an all-round evil man.  These are kinds of people Lori looks up to.  

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2018/05/james-dobson-commits-animal-abuse-and-advocates-abusing-children-the-same-way/

Edited by Liza
  • Upvote 16

While waiting for the Big Announcement from Jill Rodrigues, I wandered over to Lori's FB page this morning. She's on another birth control is evil rant. Someone wondered if natural family planning really worked, and this was Lori's completely illogical reply:

it works well if one learns how to read their body signals and has a thermometer plus no birth control, except for surgery, is 100% fool proof. Planned Parenthood gives out birth control pills like candy because they know the young women will forget to take them at times and this means more abortions for them.

• Angry 2
  • Disgust 3
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 14

Ah the big PP wants to kill all the babies conspiracy rises again. You know what leads to more babies dying? Lack of access the healthcare, not taking Birthcontrol, abstinence only education, not providing basic sex Ed to your children (I knew college students who were never taught basic anatomy), racism, putting them in detention centers, judgemental assholes, and the list goes on and on.

I can't relate to the risk of having a baby when not in a stable situation/in general, I'm not sexually active and never have been, plus my period is a little unstable so who knows if I can have kids? However, I can relate to being on the poorer side of life so I can imagine the fear of being poor and pregnant. Diet is not the end all be all of everything. I wouldn't be surprised if those in America are currently getting the best nutrition they've ever gotten at any point in US history yet women still have problems. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

How dumb can one be? I remember reading a book my mom had in the bathroom about bc causing abortions. Made no sense to me. Sorry but that’s not how bc works.186C750A-1851-4098-9BB3-E64C43C2B8BF.thumb.jpeg.e44220d8c50bebf503ec7d59a76dbafb.jpeg

it is better to not have children you can’t afford then to keep pumping them out. So sad how badly the women below is being attacked. Lori’s solution for everything is diet. What you eat doesn’t fix everything. 

Spoiler

B3C10B71-7FD5-4F63-A966-97461BFA0CB1.thumb.png.ed939815ea05b33497cb22b2f1aa642f.png

• Upvote 10

So someone is definitely trolling her page. I keep getting suggestions and edit stuff popping up 

For example, lemon party appears to be a shock site. Now I didn't check it up for sure but that's what the top listing for Google said. Something about naked old guys I believe. 

image.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

50 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

For example, lemon party appears to be a shock site.

LOL. Lemon Party is a classic troll. My favorite was people putting up lawn signs during the Tea Party era that said: "FED UP WITH HIGH TAXES? LEMONPARTY.ORG"

I hope they caught Lori with it, that would be an absolute score.

• Upvote 6

On 7/1/2019 at 10:51 AM, Loveday said:

it works well if one learns how to read their body signals and has a thermometer plus no birth control, except for surgery, is 100% fool proof. Planned Parenthood gives out birth control pills like candy because they know the young women will forget to take them at times and this means more abortions for them.

Well we all know Lori is not logical. Does she actually think "Planned Parenthood" sits around trying to figure out ways to get women accidentally pregnant so they can have more abortions?   That is ludicrous. 

Let's take abortion out of this for a minute. Let's extend this to high blood pressure medications or high cholesterol medications.  Does she also think the medical community sits around and says "We know that people will forget to take their medications at times so this means more heart attacks for us to treat in our hospitals."

It's just stupid. That's not how this works. That's not how any of this works. SMH:fryingpan:

The other think annoying me today:  I really hate how Christianity has become a brand. (and I'm a full on professing Christian).  Back when I was growing up you just practiced your faith, went to church for the most part even within a widely divergent spectrum of uber-conservative vs more liberal churches.    Now everyone needs a brand -- a Youtube Channel, social media, blogs, etc.   I'm still getting over the JRod announcement yesterday (i know this is wrong board, but Lori also has her own brand, ugly as it is) . I want to ask Lori where in the Bible it states she needs a brand???

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1

On 7/1/2019 at 9:51 AM, Loveday said:

While waiting for the Big Announcement from Jill Rodrigues, I wandered over to Lori's FB page this morning. She's on another birth control is evil rant. Someone wondered if natural family planning really worked, and this was Lori's completely illogical reply:

But in LoriLand a woman can't tell her husband 'Sorry, not tonight, I'm fertile.'  She has to have sex with him anyway if he wants it, so in LoriLand natural family planning is completely ineffective and useless.  And that's before we get to issues with actually determining when sex needs to be avoided.  That isn't too hard for some women, but for others it can be darned near impossible. 

Lori loves to yammer on about how bad birth control is for women's bodies, and it does have some unpleasant, occasionally even dangerous effects, but you know what else is rough on the human body.  PREGNANCY.  Especially frequent, one right after another pregnancies.  Even without specific complications the wear and tear can be pretty horrific.  Instead of comparing the risks of BC to the health of a non-pregnant woman not using BC, she should compare it to that of a woman who has gone through half a dozen or more pregnancies in rapid succession.  I think in most cases the pregnancy-related damage is likely to be much worse.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

?@delphinium65, re the effects of large numbers of births: One of my mom’s friends had twelve kids. One day I had to drop something off at her house, and she had her back to the door, washing dishes. I thought she was wearing dark blue knee socks. It was really her varicose veins. ?

Spoiler

Edited by Hane
Can somebody delete the damn unwanted spoiler box?
  • Upvote 8

96286CE2-82AE-40DD-9170-A3DD947F982F.thumb.jpeg.a92409ab59f50f6f92a5ac6415212080.jpeg

well of course Lori’s page is a Buddhist temple. Actually I’m pretty sure if it was it would be a more loving page. 

Spoiler

B4A96C13-4478-424F-BFAD-9236EF9925C3.thumb.jpeg.503bc1b460188724c5c3078da7121030.jpeg

Lori you didn't love your children. You tolerated them. How? By beating them. What you did wasn’t spanking it was way worse. People sending their kids to daycare may love their kids. You would have no way to know unless you asked them all. You never would do that. 

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 4

I would so love to go knock Deanna Tullison upside her stupid head and tell her quit posting ignorant GIFs.  They're not cool, they're not funny, and she's just plain stupid.

For the "Is this category correct?" can we change it to Sex Club.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

5 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

I would so love to go knock Deanna Tullison upside her stupid head and tell her quit posting ignorant GIFs.  They're not cool, they're not funny, and she's just plain stupid.

She's the one who calls Jesus HAMASHIAC or some other misspelling, isn't she? Always in ALL CAPS, and in almost every single comment she makes. And SLAY THE SWORD! I'll get in line behind you, she'll probably need more than one smack upside the head. :my_dodgy:

• Upvote 12

I think she probably is in Door County, but isn't mentioning it because of the negative comments about how long she stays and how she couldn't be bothered to go home and be with her mother before her death last year.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

How do you take a vacation when you do nothing all year long?  It's her 2 month excuse to sit around and do  more of nothing but judging and scheming a way to go viral.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

7AF7FC23-070A-470D-B71D-2766C1D7F57A.thumb.jpeg.a1c15265c27d756ccd0abff5646b33ea.jpeg

All Lori knows is judgement. It’s how she is able to justify her life. Her way is right, even if she didn’t follow it, because her way is her opinion. Her opinion is God’s opinion and gods way. 

• Upvote 13

On 7/1/2019 at 12:38 AM, Liza said:

Lori posted an article by James Dobson ... his "solution" to the border wall is:  supporting Trump who "cares" and prayer.  

image.png.89dce965d60c91e45aaae4c92c07d176.png

Dobson is a despicable man who is a misogynist, supports animal and severe child abuse (Dare to Discipline) and who is an all-round evil man.  These are kinds of people Lori looks up to.  

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2018/05/james-dobson-commits-animal-abuse-and-advocates-abusing-children-the-same-way/

I read that article and yelled at my laptop, scaring my 16-year-old dog, Gump, who fell off the couch. The gall of that prick to stand in front of demoralized people and tell them that God loves them and he loves them. Fuck you sideways Dobson.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

7AF7FC23-070A-470D-B71D-2766C1D7F57A.thumb.jpeg.a1c15265c27d756ccd0abff5646b33ea.jpeg

All Lori knows is judgement. It’s how she is able to justify her life. Her way is right, even if she didn’t follow it, because her way is her opinion. Her opinion is God’s opinion and gods way. 

Commenter Mavey is *so close*. She leads with "And nowhere in the Bible does it say a woman can't work outside the home! I[t] does say her priorities have to be in order!" Which is nicely sane.

Then she finishes with: "Christ, husband then children." God, maybe I'm just tired but I just can't even with this absolute ranking business. What needs to take precedence over something else in any given moment depends on what is happening in that moment, not on some ridiculous hierarchy. If a TOTAL STRANGER needs me to call 911 and wait with them for the ambulance, and that means my kid has to miss lunch and a playdate, I'm going to help the total stranger. Obviously, right? Because the importance of a need matters, the urgency of a need matters. Context, people. To just blithely declare that her husband inherently comes before her children as an absolute is just... *shudder*. Lord these people just want to abdicate thinking and decision-making altogether.

And if I absolutely had to make a ranking, like was FORCED to, I would prioritize the needs of a helpless baby over the "needs" of a purportedly adult male. Like for real, what is wrong with these people??

Also, putting Christ first (like the "Jesus" in "JOY") seems cheap and lip-servicey in that I have no idea how it actually manifests. It's like all these selfish, demanding men claiming that they're ready to "lay down their lives" for their wives, in a dramatic, heroic way that is unlikely to ever actually be needed. To me, putting Christ first means things like doing good, using one's gifts to make the world a better place, standing up for what's right, voting, protesting evil, all things that in fundie-land are too masculine for their precious women. So what exactly are these women doing to manifest putting Christ first?

It's "quiet time", isn't it. They make a cup of flavored coffee and highlight Bible verses and Facebook an inspirational meme. That's it, right? SO GODLY.

PS Why does Lori use "birth control" to exclusively mean the pill? Condoms, people. Diaphragm. There are MANY FORMS of birth control. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 5

Okay, thinking about this a little more, that kind of “quiet time” is probably a little too middle-class-and-up for Lori’s uneducated, homeschooling quiverfullers. So my revised thought is that “following Christ” means to them “supporting the patriarchy with my complete self-negation.”

Which means that “Christ first” means the same as “then husband,” which is to say that it doesn’t mean anything at all.

Heartbreaking, the waste.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, wallysmommy said:

Can we change it to feminist Sex club with tattoo parlor and debt broker? Sounds even better

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 18

15 hours ago, Loveday said:

She's the one who calls Jesus HAMASHIAC or some other misspelling, isn't she? Always in ALL CAPS, and in almost every single comment she makes. And SLAY THE SWORD! I'll get in line behind you, she'll probably need more than one smack upside the head. :my_dodgy:

*pictures scene in Airplane! where everyone lines up in front of the hysterical woman with a baseball bat, wrench, gun, etc.*

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

• laPapessaGiovanna locked this topic