IGNORED

Dillards 67: It Came From A Can

Georgiana

57 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Generally when smaller chested women spill food, it lands in their lap, on a napkin or on your pants and it is easier to hide. presumably,  than a bright read spaghetti sauce stain on your white shirt stretched across your giant boobs. Or at least that is what happens to me. Or when I'm wearing black I'll slop ranch dressing. I carry Tide stain sticks with me everywhere usually have 2 of them on me in case one runs out.

I never thought about that aspect.

I'm a smaller chested woman who spills food all the time. I suppose it does usually miss my boobs!

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst though, is when you are eating in a tank top and food falls down inside your tank top and inside your bra. Unfortunately, this usually happens when other people are in the room and you can't fish it out. It's also very crummy and scratchy or very goopy.

29 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yeah, but I think you missed the point of my statement, which is - I don't spill food when I'm eating. lol

People are sharing their food spilling stories  (relevant to discussion of messy kid stories.) If you felt the need to interject with how neat and tidy you are, maybe you are the one who missed the point? 

27 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

The worst though, is when you are eating in a tank top and food falls down inside your tank top and inside your bra. Unfortunately, this usually happens when other people are in the room and you can't fish it out. It's also very crummy and scratchy or very goopy.

Don't even have that big of boobs and I totally know what you're talking about. 

I also have really long hair and usually wear it down in front of my shoulders. Can't tell you how many times I've been happily eating away on some crackers or chips to look down and see a crumb chain suspended in my hair. Including one time in front of a cute guy when I was starving and finally got my hands on a bag of Cheez-Its. 

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have big(ish) boobs but I don't spill food on them? Not sure how big boobs = missing one's mouth or dribbling food? lol

Clearly, your boobs aren’t ravenous sacks of mammary tissue plotting against you. 

It’s rough out here for some of us. 

I have ruined many a shirt or taken home unwanted leftovers in or on my clothing, because food seems to be attracted to boob shelf area. I like v-neck t-shirts, so finding crumbs in my bra is just a daily occurrence.

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:
hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have big(ish) boobs but I don't spill food on them? Not sure how big boobs = missing one's mouth or dribbling food? lol

I'm just not as perfect of an eater as you, LOL. I don't dribble or miss my mouth in it's entirety, but shit happens. Some foods are messier than others (spaghetti/soup anyone?). I don't bib myself at home but when out and conversing, it is much easier for errant particles to land on my top, and rather than dipping into my glass of water with my napkin and leaving wet circles on my clothes, I tuck the napkin in, bib-like. Don't care what anybody thinks.  I also carry Shout wipes which are great and work on most fabrics, but I just don't care for wiping my boobs in front of others. The tucked in napkin keeps me from making a trip to the restroom.

15 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Clearly, your boobs aren’t ravenous sacks of mammary tissue plotting against you. 

It’s rough out here for some of us. 

Yes, I finally said fuck it and started tucking in a napkin to protect my clothes, not that I make an infant or toddler sized mess or anything. That's the one good thing about getting older you just don't give a flying fuck what people think.

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

Heh. Snacks for later!

I've had food fall into my cleavage that I forgot about until I get undressed, and one of the dogs tries to get fresh.

7 minutes ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Heh. Snacks for later!

I've had food fall into my cleavage that I forgot about until I get undressed, and one of the dogs tries to get fresh.

I had a chapstick and 75 cents fall out of mine a few weeks ago, because I forgot I put them there when we were out and about. I really need pockets.

21 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I had a chapstick and 75 cents fall out of mine a few weeks ago, because I forgot I put them there when we were out and about. I really need pockets.

Do any reenactment events, and I swear you start to believe your bra is a flipping pinata when you take it off. Having done some Ren Faires and SCA events, I never know what I will find, and sometimes I didnt put  it there and not sure how it got there. 

15 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I didn't think anything of it. He's only 3. How old is too old for a bib? I honestly have no idea what's normal.

I'm no expert, but I recall that my son didn't wear a bib much after 18 months or so.  It might even have been sooner.  I didn't care too much about him getting his shirt dirty throughout the day - it was going to happen, one way or another, so if it was a bit of his lunch or just general dirt picked up along the way, no biggie.

What bothered me about that stupid bib is it's one of those crumb catcher types.  Is Izzy seriously dropping tons of food out of his mouth as he eats?  At his age, I'd figure most of his food would make it into his mouth successfully.  

Also, glad to see the rice and beans with cilantro and lime.  Not a particularly attractive picture, and once again Jill just HAS to insert her smiling face into the photo as well.  

1 hour ago, nausicaa said:

Don't even have that big of boobs and I totally know what you're talking about. 

I also have really long hair and usually wear it down in front of my shoulders. Can't tell you how many times I've been happily eating away on some crackers or chips to look down and see a crumb chain suspended in my hair. Including one time in front of a cute guy when I was starving and finally got my hands on a bag of Cheez-Its. 

Now that I can relate to! I find food crumbs in my hair like that all the time.

It's automatic that after I eat, I brush off my chest area - there are always at least a few crumbs, pieces of rice, whatever.  As to carrying things briefly in my bra, I've been known to stash my cell phone on top of a boob, when I have too many things to carry at once.  Sad thing - most people probably couldn't even notice there was a cell phone stuck in there!

41 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

Do any reenactment events, and I swear you start to believe your bra is a flipping pinata when you take it off. Having done some Ren Faires and SCA events, I never know what I will find, and sometimes I didnt put  it there and not sure how it got there. 

Oh geeze, I came back from a party several years ago, we'd all been drinking and playing some game with poker chips and the guy next to me swore he lost one at some point, we couldn't find an errant poker chip anywhere in the vicinity so we gave up. At home later that night I took my bra off, and what fell to the floor? You guessed it, the poker chip. DH & I still have no idea how it got there. I texted his wife and said I found his poker chip in my bra, she called me the next morning when she saw it laughing asking how the hell it got there, we asked everyone no one remembers. I guess I must have swiped it in my inebriation and stuffed it in my bra then forgot I did it.  Now the joke is we have to shake down my bra if ever we're missing poker chips, or small children. 

44 minutes ago, tankgirl said:

I have a well-endowed friend who used to go to SCA events. Her claim to fame was being able to store keys, condoms, a pack of smokes, a flask, a lighter, and who knows what else down the front of her bodice.

Not sure how to share but the latest video we have is Izzy feeding Sam a banana..... what's the problem you ask? Both are in the kitchen, Izzy holding out the fork with a huge chunk of banana as Sam totters to him. choking hazard, fork stabbing... it all ran through my mind. There is even banana eaten off the floor. What is wrong with these people? 

I think the criticism of Izzy wearing a bib is bitch eating crackers. Every kid is different and when to stop using bibs is a personal preference. It looks like one of the silicon bibs that is durable and easy to clean. Those are the only kind I would personally want for a young child. There are so many other things to focus on that are so much more important. Why is a bib a big deal?

People could see a photo of my two year old eating and notice he is buckled into his booster chair. Some may think I am treating him like a baby, but he MUST be buckled. It is a REALLY big deal to him. He will be SEVERELY upset if he is not buckled. It is difficult to know the whole story from pictures.

I wear clothes I don't care about at home because I am always spilling food on myself. 

1 hour ago, EmmieJ said:

I'm no expert, but I recall that my son didn't wear a bib much after 18 months or so.  It might even have been sooner.  I didn't care too much about him getting his shirt dirty throughout the day - it was going to happen, one way or another, so if it was a bit of his lunch or just general dirt picked up along the way, no biggie.

What bothered me about that stupid bib is it's one of those crumb catcher types.  Is Izzy seriously dropping tons of food out of his mouth as he eats?  At his age, I'd figure most of his food would make it into his mouth successfully.  

Also, glad to see the rice and beans with cilantro and lime.  Not a particularly attractive picture, and once again Jill just HAS to insert her smiling face into the photo as well.  

Meh, I try to minimize laundry, so my 2 year old wears a "catcher" bib. I don't bother for a lot of things, but for potentially-messy stuff he's feeding himself with a spoon? Oh yeah. Yogurt, tomato sauce, soups, Cheerios in milk... You better believe he's wearing a bib. He doesn't drop stuff out of his mouth, but does frequently have the spoon full up but not quite level.

Obviously, different things for different kids' abilities and different parents' mess tolerances!

All this to say I'm more surprised that Sam isn't wearing one of those plastic bibs than that Izzy is.

I barely even noticed the bib and it doesn’t seem out of place on a 3 year old to me. I’m much more focused on how mundane things are instagrammable to Jill. Rice and beans for lunch? Alert the presses! OfJill doing a minor household chore? Shout it from the rooftops! #besthubbyevar!!

If I posted every time Mr. Blessed did something nice for me, let alone did something as mundane as household cleaning, I’d have to post multiple times a day. Not bragging, that’s just what I thought marriage was all about! Doing nice things for each other. He makes me breakfast, I buy him an afternoon donut, he cleans the floors, I walk the dog, he makes me tea, I fold the laundry. That’s just daily life and doesn’t really need to be documented because we’re not keeping score or trying to prove anything to anyone. 

You know, my sister-in-law posts daily on social media, and she is also SAHM. But her photos are infinitely more interesting because she documents how she comes up with fun themes for the day’s activities, takes her kids to the park and the zoo, plays imagination games with them, let’s them dance and sing at top volume, and makes them food that actually looks appetizing. All of these things are ‘gram worthy because they’re cute, fun, and make me wish she was my mom! And she’s not even trying to get (or stay) famous! 

And then there’s Jill. A selfie with some plain rice and beans, her kids looking barely enthused, and her husband doing a daily chore. Why should anyone care? If these are the things she consideres gram worthy, it makes me feel like her life is very small and sad. She isn’t even capturing her kids authentically enjoying their childhood. Do they ever get a chance to?

But whatever, her crappy social media presence is nothing to how sad it is that the bar is set so low for fundie husbands that OfJill condescending to vacuum his own damn house elicits gushing praise from Jill. I will never get over it and I will never understand it. 

This is 110% BEC for me, but I really think Jill’s *link in bio!* posts would look so much better if it was just the photo and not a screenshot of her website. Like, I know you’re sending me to your website I don’t need to see the sides of it in every post. I’m not a blogger or “influencer” by any means but I don’t follow any bloggers that post new content like that. It’s an aesthetic thing for me even though I know it makes zero difference. 

I was 100% waiting for a stabbing incident during the banana feeding video. Gotta admit I held my breath a few times.

I can't believe I watched that whole video.

Izzy feeding Sam banana from the floor.

Izzy with a metal fork aimed at Sam as Sam was running.

Derick holding his arms open for Sam, and Sam giving him a wide berth.

Derick snarking at Izzy when the piece of banana fell off the fork.

Jill saying Sam was DANCING - and not jumping for joy. lol

Derick sitting at the table with his back to his family, eating. ????

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived