IGNORED

Dillards 67: It Came From A Can

Georgiana

if it wouldn't reveal my real name - i would be posting my instagram from this weekend because my pictures and hashtags are way better than Jill's and I went to a art crawl all weekend and posted fun fabulous amazing pictures, of art, horses, the water, everything telling a story of art and fun, whereas Jill posts what she posts, food..and Sam looking perturbed and of OFJILL vaccuuming...i don't need to see that. 

but alas no pictures :D

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Mlissmartin said:

Heck, I still need a bib when I eat spaghetti

I am 63. I have big boobs. I tuck a napkin into my top when eating. Is that a bib? I don't see the big fucking deal in an actual toddler wearing one. Geesh.

I like the oatmeal cranberry cookies from Aldi. And the chocolate chunk.

9 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

OK - am I the only one wondering why in the absolute FUCK Izzy is still wearing a goddamn bib?

I think it's weird but it's not hurting any thing I quit using bibs when my son was 9ish months.... Sometimes I just have him eat naked if it's going to be super messy like spaghetti (hes 1 right now)

I'm not armchair diagnosing, but I'm sure older kids wear bibs for a variety of reasons, and some wear bibs because they have special needs. Maybe Izzy just have bad motoric or chewing skills, and it's easier for him to wear a bib than wash his shirt after every dinner. 

My brother went a special needs school, and a lot of the kids there would wear bibs for eating. Not saying Izzy has special needs, but maybe his development is just not ready for non-bib eating yet. Or maybe it's just out of convenience.

Just like some kids are later with potty training, and are not ready at a certain age. Kids reach developmental milestones at different ages. 

and i don't know about other people but both my facebook and instagram - not one picture of me...whereas jill and ofjill promote themselves to the ninth degree...with me it's about the art 

1 hour ago, nst said:

and i don't know about other people but both my facebook and instagram - not one picture of me...whereas jill and ofjill promote themselves to the ninth degree...with me it's about the art 

Yep - my Instagram is a selfie-free zone.

I wish bibs were socially acceptable so I could eat curry, ribs and tacos without fear.

My excuse for spilling sometimes is I have big boobs and they get hungry too. 

2 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

I wish bibs were socially acceptable so I could eat curry, ribs and tacos without fear.

My excuse for spilling sometimes is I have big boobs and they get hungry too. 

Me too, I always say, "how do you think they got so big?" 

I have big(ish) boobs but I don't spill food on them? Not sure how big boobs = missing one's mouth or dribbling food? lol

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I haven't taken a gram-worthy photo in more than a week. I mean - I could post a pic of my cat being cute, or of my hubby taking pics with one of his large-format film cameras, or of a towboat going up the Mississippi River, or of a car with a cool paint job. But I don't and won't because? My feed is ALREADY full of that kind of stuff, and I'm not trying to prove that I have the #cutestcat and #besthubbyever and went to see the #longestriverintheusa and the #prettiestcarintheworld.

But all cat photos are important 

Also, FUCK OATMEAL RAISIN COOKIES MASKING THEMSELVES AS CHOCOLATEY GOODNESS

@JillyO You can give me the cookies your husband won’t eat!

10 hours ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

I hope the Dillards aren't one of those weird families that act like passing gas is an unlisted sin, though if they are it might explain Jill's eyes looking the way they do in pictures.

If passing gas is a sin then beans are a very bad choice 

There are also plenty of really normal reasons why Izzy might be wearing a bib.  He has a brother that is still likely using a bib and wanted to wear one too.  He found the bib somewhere and insisted on wearing it.  He prefers wearing a bib because he's still a messy eater, but doesn't like the sensation of mess, so this makes him comfortable.  He's a nightmare to wash up, so Jill tries to minimize the area of him that needs washing. He did an activity where they had him wear a bib-like protector (really common for toddler crafts), and now he's temporarily into bibs again.  He saw a picture of himself wearing this bib, and now he wants to wear it again.  The list goes on, and it's controlled by toddler logic, which is either the most direct logic you've ever seen or completely incomprehensible.  We wore bibs at my pre-school whenever things might get messy, so it's not THAT out of line for a kid Izzy's age to sometimes be seen in a bib.  

I get on Jill for treating kids too young for their age (spoon-feeding Josie cereal at age 5, extended swaddling of an infant clearly distressed by it), but honestly this one is pretty normal.  

Udi's gluten free Salted Caramel Cashew cookies are far superior to any other cookie ever made anywhere and in any timeline.

If I wear a shirt with a neckline lower than my collarbone I drop crumbs down the front of it every time.  I just assumed I was messier than others when eating, but now I think other people do the same thing and just don't mention it.

3 minutes ago, TheOneAndOnly said:

Udi's gluten free Salted Caramel Cashew cookies are far superior to any other cookie ever made anywhere and in any timeline.

and i just discovered they sell them on amazon

2 minutes ago, nst said:

and i just discovered they sell them on amazon

You mean to say that I could get the most perfect food ever made delivered right to my house? 

This could be life (and clothing size) changing. 

50 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I have big(ish) boobs but I don't spill food on them? Not sure how big boobs = missing one's mouth or dribbling food? lol

Generally when smaller chested women spill food, it lands in their lap, on a napkin or on your pants and it is easier to hide. presumably,  than a bright read spaghetti sauce stain on your white shirt stretched across your giant boobs. Or at least that is what happens to me. Or when I'm wearing black I'll slop ranch dressing. I carry Tide stain sticks with me everywhere usually have 2 of them on me in case one runs out.

How does she get her colorful food pics look so black and white? It's the food, I know, but it still amazes me. This food does sound decent, unlike the last recipe.

Those eyes again. At least her mouth is shut.

"Best hubby 4-ever!!!!" is getting a little old, Jill. 

Some of the Maxwell grandkids have been wearing bibs at age 4/5 I think. I guess when you have that many kids it’s easier to get them to wear a bib if they’re messy rather than adding to the laundry. 

Out of all the shitty things these fundie parents do, a bib at three really isn’t the worst. 

15 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Some of the Maxwell grandkids have been wearing bibs at age 4/5 I think. I guess when you have that many kids it’s easier to get them to wear a bib if they’re messy rather than adding to the laundry. 

Out of all the shitty things these fundie parents do, a bib at three really isn’t the worst. 

Yeah, the bib isn't hurting anyone, if you want your kid in a bib at 3 who am I to stop you?  I know people who NEVER used bibs, they were just "extra laundry" My oldest lived in a bib at home until he was nearly 2, he was a drooler, it was so gross, he'd soak his shirts constantly the bibs saved me from having to change his shirt 2 or 3 times a day just because he slobbered all over himself.  My youngest would just rip them off and fling them and any attached food across the kitchen. It was easer to plop her in the high chair, in just her diaper, let her eat then, wipe her off and redress her. That wasn't so good for eating out, but we'd just bring a change of clothes.  She was a pretty neat eater from about 18 months on though, she rarely got super messy unless she was eating ice cream or cake, she loved that shit and would practically rub it all over her body.  She's always been a little weird.

32 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Generally when smaller chested women spill food, it lands in their lap, on a napkin or on your pants and it is easier to hide. presumably,  than a bright read spaghetti sauce stain on your white shirt stretched across your giant boobs. Or at least that is what happens to me. Or when I'm wearing black I'll slop ranch dressing. I carry Tide stain sticks with me everywhere usually have 2 of them on me in case one runs out.

Yeah, but I think you missed the point of my statement, which is - I don't spill food when I'm eating. lol

Before my SIL's wedding to my brother, her best friend kept asking her what kind of color and material her wedding dress was made of. She didn't want to see the dress before the wedding as my SIL wanted it to be a big surprise for everyone, but she kept pestering her for the color and material. Finally my SIL relented and told her, but wondered why she wanted to know. Her BF didn't really answer.

On the wedding day, just as everyone was sat down for wedding dinner, BF suddenly stood up and demanded everyone's attention. She had a present for the bride, she said. Something she would need before she ate. 

Now you need to know that my petite SIL is notorious for spilling food on her clothes. She simply cannot eat any food without spilling something, and she's been teased (all in good fun) about that all her life.

So her best friend had made a gigantic bib, in the same color and material as the wedding dress. Complete with Paddington Bear embroidery all around it. It was hilarious. Everybody laughed, and SIL most of all. She donned the bib, tied it around her neck and waist with a flourish, and wore all through dinner. And that was a good thing too, because she managed to spill sauce all over it... 

14 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

she rarely got super messy unless she was eating ice cream or cake, she loved that shit and would practically rub it all over her body.  She's always been a little weird.

She just wanted to become one with the ice cream/cake or absorb it through her skin. Or something. I was at a wedding recently and my friend’s little girl practically dove head first into chocolate cake. She absolutely loved it and got it all over her cute little face.

21 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Yeah, but I think you missed the point of my statement, which is - I don't spill food when I'm eating. lol

I've not mastered that art. Don't know HOW I miss my big gob but I do, frequently. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived