IGNORED

Dillards 67: It Came From A Can

Georgiana

2 hours ago, apandaaries said:

Yes. Yes it is. The man is clearly insane.

ETA: I know we have rules about diagnosing via Internet, but c'mon.  We all see this craziness, right?

LOL. I'll let him know you Internet-diagnosed him with a SEVERE case of the crazies!

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, JillyO said:

Ugh. My husband actually prefers oatmeal raisin to chocolate chip cookies. I made some delicious, chewy chocolate chip cookies last night, and after trying one, he said: "Not bad, but you know what would make these better? Adding oats and substituting raisins for the chocolate chips."

... Still considering if that's grounds for divorce.

I agree with him (but promise not to ditch my own hub to go after yours). :)

I get mad if I find that my oatmeal raisin cookie is, instead, an oatmeal choco chip... however, butterscotch chips are welcome in any oatmeal cookies near my face.

My husband and I often get cookies (me) or  brownies (hubs) at Fuddruckers when we go there for Saturday dinner. I often get oatmeal raisin as one of my cookies.  I might get a macadamia chocolate chip as the other one or peanut butter or sugar....

13 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

More bad food pics  and DWreck vacuuming: 

I am suddenly not so hungry anymore. ?

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

It's just beans and rice, no cream of anything! I thought people would be happy to see that from her. :pb_lol:

The recipe actually doesn't sound half bad. But does she seriously think those are attractive food pictures?

Also, Jill, honey: Derrick lives in that house too. He's not vacuuming for you. He's just vacuuming. #prettymuchjustyouraveragehusband

1 minute ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

OK - am I the only one wondering why in the absolute FUCK Izzy is still wearing a goddamn bib?

I didn't think anything of it. He's only 3. How old is too old for a bib? I honestly have no idea what's normal.

Maybe it’s just me but I never used bibs on GryffindorDisappointment. But it irks me when a kid who is old enough to feed him/herself is still wearing a bib. I’ve even seen it with kids in kindergarten. 

Thats what Spray-n-wash is for. Lol

2 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Maybe it’s just me but I never used bibs on GryffindorDisappointment. But it irks me when a kid who is old enough to feed him/herself is still wearing a bib. I’ve even seen it with kids in kindergarten. 

But wouldn't it make sense to have a kid wear a bib and thus avoid having to use extra cleaning products?

I mean, I really don't care, it's just not something I would have thought would be controversial one way or the other. I guess I should learn that everything about parenting is controversial, though. :pb_lol:

10 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Heck, I still need a bib when I eat spaghetti

That food pic looks revolting.  I would have thought it was some sort of Halloween concoction but I know she's too pious for that sort of thing.

The Maxwells keep Drew in one of those hard plastic bibs even though he's at the age where he should not need one of the hard, plastic bibs.  I usually associate those bibs with younger kids.  Sam should be wearing a bib like that.  Instead he's wearing a drool bib.

And @Dandruff is right!  That food looks revolting! 

It just looks like your average beans and rice to me but I don't particularly like beans and rice anyway.

7 minutes ago, Mlissmartin said:

Heck, I still need a bib when I eat spaghetti

Me too. ?

Spoiler

I have nothing for this box, it was an accidental click but since I'm on my phone it's a pain to get rid of. That wasn't the smiley I was going for either, but trying to get rid it has proved similarly difficult! 

It's a catch bib which I kind of get because it's beans and rice, and we are talking about a 3 year olds coordination. Even I spill when I eat rice sometimes. 

Nothing to say about the recipe itself but Sam's face is like "do you actually expect me to eat that?!" The food in the pic isn't appealing at all. 

As for the vacuuming, we gotta remember in her world that's the little womans job. Probably is a huge deal in her limited views. But Jill honey, in normal relationships spouses help each other out. It doesn't make him the best.

I hope the Dillards aren't one of those weird families that act like passing gas is an unlisted sin, though if they are it might explain Jill's eyes looking the way they do in pictures.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

My youngest child refused to wear a bib as a baby. (Starting at about 10 months.) If I put a bib on, boom! They would flop over to the side and refuse to open their mouth to eat, until the bib came off. The perfect picture of passive resistance. I basically shrugged and used a lot of stain fighters.

Then, when they were around 4, every. single. little. spill. on their shirt was the end of the world. "I need a clean shirt!!!" even when it was just a few drops of milk or something. Multiple times a day. (Sometimes even multiple times a meal.) I got tired of all the extra laundry or extra tantrums, so I started offering a bib before meals. "Remember how upset you got when your shirt got wet? Would you like a bib to keep clean?" So, my youngest voluntarily used a bib at home from about 4 to about 6 1/2 years. It was their choice and it just made life easier for both of us.

Families each work differently, and what works for one family might not work for everyone. Heck, what works for one kid may not work for the other one. 

Izzy's big. It's easy to forget he's only 3. Maybe he is a sloppy eater, but knowing Jill and how she swaddled Sam and spoon fed a 7(?) year old Josie, I wonder if this is just more of the same from her.

and of course they have religious themed placemats. can't go around using some secular placemat when you could be praising jesus.

On 10/20/2018 at 3:38 PM, Four is Enough said:

I just found out this year that Mr. Four doesn't like (REALLY doesn't like, as in doesn't want to eat it at all) turkey. All these years of marriage!

I look forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas every year because that's about the only time to get turkeys! I LOVE turkey!

NOW WTF am I going to do?

You eat his piece obviously!

My mum loves sundried tomatoes and for a while she put it in everything. It was several years before I told her Mr Way doesn’t like them at all. It was payback for him telling his mum I hate tuna and now she makes a different dish for me every time and I feel ashamed about it.

Apparently this overly polite eating is genetic. Last week Miniway ate dinner with his cousins and there were a kind of beans we never eat at home. His cousin complained loudly about how much she hated them and refused to eat anything that even touched them. Miniway ate all of them. After dinner I asked him if he liked the beans and he said: ”No. They were gross. But I ate them anyway and didn’t tell B so he wouldn’t be sad.”

B being my brother in law that did the cooking and was standing close enough to hear. :pb_lol:

3 hours ago, JillyO said:

Also, Jill, honey: Derrick lives in that house too. He's not vacuuming for you. He's just vacuuming. #prettymuchjustyouraveragehusband

THIS!! So much this! Her standards are so low they’re basically met as long as Derrick is alive and loves Jesus. 

The fact that Jill thinks her husband vacuuming THEIR home is worth instagramming makes me quite sad... But then again, it's not unexpected coming from Jill. If she had actually used the hashtag #besthubbyever, I would have bet all my money she's trolling FJ :pb_lol: (although, she did say "my hubby is the best", so....)

RE vacuuming: It's mostly me doing the vacuuming in our home because I have long hair and I lose a lot. They just end up EVERYWHERE . I think it's just fair, I "make" the mess, I clean it up :confusion-shrug: And also, I find vacuuming strangely satisfying (no sexual innuendo intended).

Oh and the Dillard's carpet would be a big No No for me, you'll never get all the hair out of it again with a regular vacuum.

On 10/20/2018 at 3:13 PM, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This is one of my favorite videos - authentic recreation of a Tudor feast and they not only cook the peacock, but they do taxidermy and use it as a centerpiece as well.

Those historians do a whole series of these videos.  I think this one got me going since I am fascinated by Tudor times.  So so so good. I’m so happy to see someone else loved this too!

1 hour ago, DillyDally said:

worth instagramming

I haven't taken a gram-worthy photo in more than a week. I mean - I could post a pic of my cat being cute, or of my hubby taking pics with one of his large-format film cameras, or of a towboat going up the Mississippi River, or of a car with a cool paint job. But I don't and won't because? My feed is ALREADY full of that kind of stuff, and I'm not trying to prove that I have the #cutestcat and #besthubbyever and went to see the #longestriverintheusa and the #prettiestcarintheworld.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived