IGNORED

Dillards 67: It Came From A Can

Georgiana

That video...so much cringe. Jill and Derick prove once again how clueless they truly are. 

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted to smack the shit out of the adults! in charge of those children. An unsteady toddler charging face-first at a fork being held by a three year old! If anything ever happens to those kids and CPS gets involved I hope these videos are presented as evidence. Stupid!

That was horrific. Letting Israel feed Sam with a huge metal fork while Sam, who just learned to walk and is still wobbly runs around is truly the work of not even halfwits but quarterwits. He could have stabbed his throat, cheek, eye. I have kids of a very similar age to Izzy and Sam (just a few months older) and I'm not one of those super-paranoid-about-safety moms at all, in fact, I am the least so of the people I know, but this is ridiculous.

Jill and Derick seem intoxicated in this video. I know they're not, but watching their toddler sons in a semi-dangerous situation while hanging back laughing, even singing silly songs, it just seems like something intoxicated people would do.

Where is this video posted?  No need for a link, but a hint would be great.  TIA

32 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Where is this video posted?  No need for a link, but a hint would be great.  TIA

Dillard family website

1 hour ago, justmissedquiver said:

Jill and Derick seem intoxicated in this video. I know they're not, but watching their toddler sons in a semi-dangerous situation while hanging back laughing, even singing silly songs, it just seems like something intoxicated people would do.

Hey now, I’ve never been intoxicated enough to be that stupid!

As usual, that was painful to watch. Why. Why risk the baby getting hurt? Why post this as if it is something to be proud of or emulate or whatever they think the world will glean from viewing that post? Even if it was safe, and it was the older kid giving the younger kid banana pieces with a baby utensil, it's just so... awkwardly mundane. 

Why do they feed Sam banana bits that have fallen on the floor?

That was all so awful. The points have been listed: oblivious parents, dangerous situations for toddlers, questionable food habits, distant dad eating dinner alone with his back to the family, forced laughter, ignored signals from their kids... Why do they do this? Why post these things?

15 minutes ago, Iamtheway said:

And the scariest question of all: If this is what they want to share with the world, what is the rest of their lives like? :fire-nanner::character-jason::teasing-smokingcrack:

Apparently, this is the best they can come up with (don't even want to think about what goes on behind the scenes).

My kids are of similar ages to Israel and Sam, and this would happen in my house. I would probably rinse off the fruit that fell on the floor before feeding it, but babies put stuff off the floor into their mouths all the time, so I don’t see the big deal. All the previous comments made me expect a video where Izzy was chasing Sam around with a fork literally trying to jam it into his mouth, while Jill and Wreck cackled maniacally, not a situation where Sam was in charge of how close he gets and when he takes the food, with close supervision from Jill ?‍♀️ parents and older siblings are acutely aware of the capabilities of their little people, and know the levels of risk inherent to certain behaviours. This could not be a risky situation for my kids, as I know my oldest is capable of standing still and holding out the food, and I know my youngest can approach steadily and take the food from the fork. The risk is very small, and I assume Jill made the same judgement about her kids. 

I am more bothered by the fact that this video and and rice and beans pictures show that they don’t seem to eat at the table together. This is strange to me. But, cultural norms, blah blah, I know people all do these things differently. 

I feel like they're so hard on Israel. It seems like nothing that poor kid does is right! Every single video they are correcting him for silly little things (even when he didn't do anything, like in the banana video) I speak from experience, if they keep this up he is going to grow up to resent them. 

These 2 are so unbelievably cringe worthy! I'm embarrassed for them watching these videos. Ugh.

I fail to see the extreme danger in the video. From the comments I imagined Sam running at full speed towards the fork, or Israel running at full speed with the fork towards Sam. Yeah, sure, they should have used baby utensils, but Israel was holding the fork very still, and Sam seemed to have a good idea when to stop when approaching the fork. 

As for eating food off the floor: They are kids, they will eat stuff off the floor. Heck, even I do it sometimes, if it's something extremely delicious I have dropped. 5 second rule! Also, towards the end, Israel throws a piece of banana in the bin, because he said it had been on the floor, so they know not to eat food off the floor in general, but I mean, sometimes that happens, that happens for everyone. 

Also in the beginning did I hear Jill say "do it again, it's cute" to Izzy about feeding banana to Sam? I think she is trying so hard to get a cute video, but that sort of stuff needs to be more authentic, you can't just script it. 

Is that video weird and boring? Yes? Does it make me think about how boring their life must be in general if this is what they choose to post? Am I googling the phone number for CPS? No. 

@SorenaJ, I was thinking the exact same thing, Only think I found odd with the video was how LONG it was, that would be cute for  30 seconds, not 6 minutes. It was a weird setting, OfJill looked to be eating a late lunch early dinner between classes while the boys had a snack and Jill filmed them hoping for a cute moment. 

I think Jill is bored, isolated, and sad she's stuck with this asshole, and she's TRYING to make herself be happy and joyful about her life, even if she's completely miserable she's going to have the #besthubby #bestday #bestkids #boymom #grossfood and share it with everyone.

I love you FJers. I thought I was the only 50+ YO woman who always manages to spill or splatter (oil is the worst-the absolute worst as it sets in an instant). Salad dressing- JC, I just can't avoid it. I also almost never wear white...white shirts and me are like 1 wear and done forever. I'm a stain magnet.

The food on the floor doesn't bother me that much. My mom used to say "what doesn't kill me will make me fat". The fork is what bothered me. 

34 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

The food on the floor doesn't bother me that much. My mom used to say "what doesn't kill me will make me fat". The fork is what bothered me. 

I will frequently pick up "hard" or "dry" foods from the floor (M&Ms or Cheetos must never be wasted!!), but wet/goopy foods? No fucking way.

Did yall ever see the MythBusters episode about the 5-second rule? lol  

4 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

No, but I assume they said the 5-second rule means squat. 

As my brother’s ex said, eating dirt is good for you! It builds a healthy immune system! Kids these days don’t eat enough dirt, that’s why there are so many allergies.

7 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

I will frequently pick up "hard" or "dry" foods from the floor (M&Ms or Cheetos must never be wasted!!), but wet/goopy foods? No fucking way.

True, one never wants to waste an M&M. 

I don't eat food that falls on the floor, in general.  That's what dogs are for!  (Well, one of the advantages of dogs.  I really have them to love.)  A few years ago, I was taking the turkey out of the oven to turn it and the bird slipped to the floor. (it wasn't very far.)  My daughter was helping me turn it so we wiped any dirt and dog/cat hair off and returned it to the oven to roast a couple more hours.  

This week's New Yorker has a great cartoon where the husband spilled soup on the floor and the wife says that the 5-second rule doesn't apply.

9 hours ago, mollysmom said:

I feel like they're so hard on Israel. It seems like nothing that poor kid does is right! Every single video they are correcting him for silly little things (even when he didn't do anything, like in the banana video) I speak from experience, if they keep this up he is going to grow up to resent them. 

These 2 are so unbelievably cringe worthy! I'm embarrassed for them watching these videos. Ugh.

I was thinking the same thing.  For now, Sam is the golden child and Izzy always gets the short end of the stick.  I see Izzy trying so hard, being as good as he can, but is he praised?  No, only snarky remarks from Papi or admonished by his parents.  I feel for the kid.  I hope he gets to spend more time with his cousins.

10 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

I don't eat food that falls on the floor, in general.  That's what dogs are for!  (Well, one of the advantages of dogs.  I really have them to love.)  A few years ago, I was taking the turkey out of the oven to turn it and the bird slipped to the floor. (it wasn't very far.)  My daughter was helping me turn it so we wiped any dirt and dog/cat hair off and returned it to the oven to roast a couple more hours.  

This week's New Yorker has a great cartoon where the husband spilled soup on the floor and the wife says that the 5-second rule doesn't apply.

That's so true! I've never had to worry or the chance to pick food off the floor because the dog was always right there the second it hit the floor taking care of it for me. 

I had the magnificent experience of pizza toppings falling off my pizza slice, onto my boobs, and then bouncing off those onto my lap. All the while wearing a light yellow dress. 

Jill and Derick concern me the most when it comes to basic child safety. While I'm sure all her siblings and spouses have had a few parenting fails, its the fact that Jill and Derick post them and in some cases give out dangerous advice as a parenting hack, using a flimsy, fold up stroller with a car seat is not a good idea. I personally would not let a child Isreal's use a metal fork when they are not seated and I definitely would not watch him encourage Sam to get banana off the fork.p

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived