IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen 34: Lens Flare Photo with the Grandkids

choralcrusader8613

Joy and Austin are true believers who have repeatedly shown that they are not particularly mindful of risk. I fully expect Joy to be pregnant again as soon as physically possible.

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Few thoughts on the photo. 

* Jed and Jason look like clones. To me they are definitely the siblings that are most alike. 

* Jeremy looks like he’d rather be anywhere but there. Jinger looks lovely.

* Ben is the only dad that is holding a child. All the others are holding on to their wifes. And I obviously have a soft spot for Joe because I think his grip on Kendra looks nice and protective but Derrick’s look possessive and creepy. 

* Anna’s smile looks very strained. Like she just had to whisper ”sit still for f**ks sake” under her breath to the kids. (Or Josh ...)

* Josh and Anna make beautiful, beautiful children. 

* No matter how many times I read all their names and look at their pictures I can never, ever remember James. 

7 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

40219601_1386228324844146_67523278994889

Looking at the photo it's interesting to see how everyone is grouped. Idk, between this photo and the album they had the little girls sing, I feel a little bad for Hannie, I feel like she's a preteen forced to hang out with a bunch of little girls. 

Hannie is starting to look a lot like Jana!

20 minutes ago, Dutch_girl said:

Hannie is starting to look a lot like Jana!

Took me a solid minute to realize that's Hannie, not Joy :wow:

The Duggar males from Josiah down all look the same to me... 

They need to be paired up with women ASAP to make it easier to tell them apart. 

I can't get over how much Hannie has grown. 

And that scumbag Josh has grown too, no joke. He isn't looking well to me. 

Scumbag Derick, no effort at all. 

15 hours ago, TheMustardCardigan said:
  Reveal hidden contents

40219601_1386228324844146_67523278994889

Photo for easy access.

Looking at the photo it's interesting to see how everyone is grouped. Idk, between this photo and the album they had the little girls sing, I feel a little bad for Hannie, I feel like she's a preteen forced to hang out with a bunch of little girls. 

Respectfully, I think that’s a really harmful attitude. Hannie  has clearly had her growth spurt and developed. And it looks like she has more of Joy’s curvier / bustier body type than her other sisters. She is still 12 ( almost 13)  Her nearest sister, Jenny, is 11 (just turned) . There is a total of 4 years from youngest to oldest of the 5 little girls. Over the next few years they’ll all hit puberty and they will all look different. That doesn’t mean that they will stop wanting to hang out with each other, or play, or sing, or climb trees or do whatever a group of young girls do.  Of course some of her interests and maturity level will be ahead of 4 years younger Josie, but between them all there is largely tons of overlap.

I just hate seeing girls hit puberty and be shunted off to a new group because they have boobs (i.e. Joy). It happens all the time in the secular world too, at a time when they often already feel awkward and self-conscious about their changing bodies. It can especially impact girls ( and boys) who develop earlier or later than average. 

I know this wasn’t your intent, of course, just a topic I’m sensitive to at the moment with a gaggle of girls in the family entering that range. 

Which boy is sitting next to Hannie? I've lost count clearly, but he looks different than his brothers. Much longer, thinner face and better looking IMO.

The receding hairlines among Duggar men are almost identical. Crazy.

20 minutes ago, AtlanticTug said:

Which boy is sitting next to Hannie? I've lost count clearly, but he looks different than his brothers. Much longer, thinner face and better looking IMO.

The receding hairlines among Duggar men are almost identical. Crazy.

That's Justin. He and Jackson are the only Howlers I can instantly recognize. Sometimes James.

I'm pretty sure the order in the picture goes James and Jedidiah on the left and Jason, Jeremiah between Jana and Josiah. Jackson is next to Jennifer

I don't know how yall keep the lost girls and howlers straight. I have no idea who any of them are, other than the marrieds (and their kids) and Jana.

10 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

Respectfully, I think that’s a really harmful attitude. Hannie  has clearly had her growth spurt and developed. And it looks like she has more of Joy’s curvier / bustier body type than her other sisters. She is still 12 ( almost 13)  Her nearest sister, Jenny, is 11 (just turned) . There is a total of 4 years from youngest to oldest of the 5 little girls. Over the next few years they’ll all hit puberty and they will all look different. That doesn’t mean that they will stop wanting to hang out with each other, or play, or sing, or climb trees or do whatever a group of young girls do.  Of course some of her interests and maturity level will be ahead of 4 years younger Josie, but between them all there is largely tons of overlap.

I just hate seeing girls hit puberty and be shunted off to a new group because they have boobs (i.e. Joy). It happens all the time in the secular world too, at a time when they often already feel awkward and self-conscious about their changing bodies. It can especially impact girls ( and boys) who develop earlier or later than average. 

I know this wasn’t your intent, of course, just a topic I’m sensitive to at the moment with a gaggle of girls in the family entering that range. 

Ok, as someone who grew up as an early developer, had a large chest from a relatively young age, etc... I definitely understand this concern and other related issues (school dress codes being enforced against developed girls more than others, for example). Respectfully, I don't really think my comment was taking things in a harmful direction. I didn't say she shouldn't get to play with or sit with the younger girls if she *wants* to... I just remember being almost 13 and I don't think at that age I would've wanted to hang out with kids Josie, Jordyn, and Mack's age all the time, and would've resented it/felt like I was being forced to babysit. Maybe she likes it, and if so, cool, no judgment, I think kids are often forced to grow up too fast these days. But if Johannah's parents are making her hang with the littles just because they're all girls and they see Johannah as Sister Mom Gen 2.0, I think that's pretty lame and I could just see that being the case given the way the Duggars like to do things.

So I guess to me, grouping the girls Johannah through Josie together says more about the Duggars' weird Ginder Roles (i.e. separating the boys from the girls after a certain point, even if a girl is closer in age and may have more in common with her brothers) than anything. 

10 hours ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

It’s refreshing to see Josie sitting in a chair instead of crawling on somebody.

I can definitely agree with that. I can't remember what special it was but it was one of the baby specials (I only remember this because Josie was looking for a crib in her parents attic or storage unit while of course the parents stood off to the side doing nothing) and Josie just seemed soooo much younger then any of the other girls at her age. I'm sure it has to do with being the youngest of 19 but I cannot stand how she always acts like an infant. Meanwhile I'm sure poor Mackenzye (oh however you spell it) is basically the second parent while Josh sits on his ass all day despite Josie and Mackenzye being within a year of each other. I always felt that you could really see the difference in maturity when Josie and Mackenzye were together, Mackenzye was unfortunately too grown up but Josie seemed insistently stuck at like two or three

Thoughts about the photo: 

Gideon has the best facial expressions. 

Should I feel bad that I was able to tell all the howlers apart? Maybe I have been looking at photos of them too much lol. 

Derick you didn’t even try. 

I can tell the little girls apart, but JasonJamesJustin and the boy twins are interchangeable to me.  Although the one next to Hannie definitely does look different, but I already forget who he is even though someone said so about 5 posts ago!  I can identify  Jackson and J'Tyler.

Sam is super cute in this one.  Only marred by the gigantic ugly thing looming behind his mother.

Maybe Josh is giving Anna a break carrying M6.

(Yes, as a matter of fact, I am a horrible person.)

Derick’s tshirt... perhaps he was also wearing a button down and Sam puked all over it (Go Sam!!!) 

Nahhh... Derick just has no class! 

7 hours ago, Markie said:

Derick’s tshirt... perhaps he was also wearing a button down and Sam puked all over it (Go Sam!!!) 

Nahhh... Derick just has no class! 

Derick is also an ass. We don't need reminding, but the fact he didn't bother...a no class asshole is what he is here. 

I, too, can tell all of them apart. I must have way too much time on my hands. Jason is a nice looking guy. John David and Josiah are my favorites.

10 minutes ago, PurpleCats said:

What happened to Tyler (?) the relative they were adopting?

I think he's the kid in the blue jeans sitting next to Jana.

10 hours ago, PurpleCats said:

What happened to Tyler (?) the relative they were adopting?

Tyler is Michelle's grand nephew.  They're not adopting him. They're his legal guardians since Michelle's sister who is Tyler's grandmother had a stroke and is no longer able to care for him.

8 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Jim Bob took some of his kids and some I can't identify to a football game.

Maybe Caldwells? The one at the end looks like Kendra to me (her smile anyway.)

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived