IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen 34: Lens Flare Photo with the Grandkids

choralcrusader8613

Funny this topic should come up. I was just looking on someone's Instagram the other day that had been thrown from a horse. She's a lifelong competitive rider. She broke both arms. Count me in on always being safe and wearing helmets and seatbelts. 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd rather be safe than sorry. Accidents happen and there are times where people aren't at fault, but if you can prevent some harm; best do it. 

Having kids wear helmets on horses is like having them sit in carseats/wear seatbelts, wear life vests on boats, wear a cup during baseball, wear shin guards during soccer, wear long pants in the woods, wear goggles while woodworking, wear a helmet while skiing . . .

why WOULDN'T you? It's a simple step that can save them from serious injury . . . yeah life can be dangerous but comparing common sense/ pretty universally known precautions to wearing a bubble suit out the house is ridiculous (because you don't realize how big/easily spooked/unpredictable a sentient animal with a child on its back can be). 

And my argument again . . .if you want to put your own self at risk fine, but not needing them at the camp is super unusual. 

Ehh, Youngest is on the spectrum and for the longest time he HATED anything on his head or feet, and any sort of constricting clothing. Imagine our shock when he put on full hockey gear (helmet, shoulders/chest, elbows, shins, cup, pants, 2 layers of socks, skates and gloves) and handled it just fine!!

There ARE kids who just can't/won't do it. But I feel if that's the case then parents need to put their foot down and withdraw them from the activity. Safety is just that important.

It's way too quiet on the Duggar front. There has to be either an announcement or a scandal coming down the pipeline in the next 2-4 weeks. Nature abhors a vacuum. 

2 hours ago, singsingsing said:

It's way too quiet on the Duggar front. There has to be either an announcement or a scandal coming down the pipeline in the next 2-4 weeks. Nature abhors a vacuum. 

Who do you think it will be? Jessa and Jill both seem not to be pregnant. I would doubt another courtship announcement until around the JDAG nuptials. Joy pregnancy? Lauren pregnancy? Hell, an Anna pregnancy?

17 minutes ago, albireo said:

Who do you think it will be? Jessa and Jill both seem not to be pregnant. I would doubt another courtship announcement until around the JDAG nuptials. Joy pregnancy? Lauren pregnancy? Hell, an Anna pregnancy?

I've just had a hunch for awhile that Anna's going to get pregnant quicker than usual this time around. Like you said, Jessa and Jill aren't pregnant. I'm really hoping Joy holds off for a while, and it's probably too soon for Kendra. Lauren could definitely be pregnant, but most likely wouldn't be announcing yet. So yeah, I'm going to say Anna pregnancy.

They're kind of due for another scandal too, though. Though I guess it could be argued that Derick is just one never-ending scandal in and of himself...

Unrelated to the Duggars, but there's someone called Rufus running for congress in Massachusetts, and whenever I see the signs I just imagine a deer in a suit.

Rufus would probably be a better congressman than most of the current ones. I'd vote for him. May his antlers spear all those who would wish to combine religion and government.

I think Joy is pregnant.  She posted a picture of Gideon drinking a bottle. If she is not exclusively breastfeeding for whatever reason she is more likely to be fertile or already pregnant.  I also think that Anna may already be pregnant.  

43 minutes ago, JMO said:

I think Joy is pregnant.  She posted a picture of Gideon drinking a bottle. If she is not exclusively breastfeeding for whatever reason she is more likely to be fertile or already pregnant.  I also think that Anna may already be pregnant.  

This would be extremely stupid of her, all OBs will tell you a minimum of 6 moths post c-section if you want to avoid a significant risk of uterine rupture. My OB had such a case just before I became her patient with #1, baby was a very early preemie, Mom nearly died and lost uterus in process.

I think Lauren and Anna will both announce before October. Go big or go home.

45 minutes ago, JMO said:

My son is 12 months, Im still breastfeeding but since birth he occasionally got a bottle if I was tired or wanted a break and my cycles still haven't come back yet even with him down to just nursing for naps and bed time. Some women are just "lucky" that way. 

Gideon wasn’t really gaining weight so she might have been advised to supplement with formula. She said she does both. Fingers crossed that Gideon isn’t wearing a Big Brother onesie soon.

I'm also jumping on the Joy is Pregnant speculation bus. I'm thinking the 'update' she will be posting about their living situation will include a pregnancy announcement. Yeah, she had a C-section with Gideon, but she's young, and likely not doing anything to prevent conception.

If she is pregnant, I hope it's complication free, and she gets proper medical attention.

If she is wouldn't that make her kids closer together than any of the others?  I don't think thats likely with the c-section, but who knows?

Gideon having a bottle doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Joy could be combi-feeding, or it could be expressed breastmilk.

4 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Gideon having a bottle doesn’t necessarily mean anything. Joy could be combi-feeding, or it could be expressed breastmilk.

She actually said she was doing both. (though its not clear from what she said if there is any formula, or if its both nursing and expressed milk)

5 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

She said that he gets a bottle and she's still breastfeeding as well. 

Edit: @justoneoftwo beat me to it! I think she said it in her Instagram comments.

I think Anna and Lauren are the most likely pregnant Duggar women right now. Jill and Jessa, well I'm giving up guessing! I just don't know with Jessa anymore! I would think sooner rather than later. Jill? Who even knows? Kendra didn't have any complications with Garrett but he's only coming up on 3 months, in early September? I doubt she would be pregnant that fast. Joy is a possibility but I really hope not. Jinger, no. That would be way too soon! 

So I am guessing: 

1. Anna

2. Lauren

3. Jessa

4. Abbie

5. Jill

6. Joy

7. Kendra

8. Jinger 

I'm guessing Lauren, Kendra, Anna, Abbie, Joy, Jill, Jessa, Jinger 

Mostly because Lauren is the next logical, Kendra I expect will have a new on once Garrett is 6 months, at that point Anna will be due for her schedule then Abbie will have married in.  I think Joy will be pushing it as far as medical advice goes (but still will be almost a year before, just not waiting the 18 months), OfJill doesn't want more, but Jill will keep pushing so there will be one more, Jessa seems to be spacing more and Jinger already waited a longer time and I wouldn't be surprised if she does so again.

I wouldn't even be surprised if Lauren "laps" Jinger. 

I do think Jinger will be the last of the women to announce another pregnancy. She's the one whose spacing I am the most interested in as I see her and Jeremy as the least drunk on Quverful kool-aid. I also wonder what the space is between Jeremy and his siblings. I know Diane Cuomo isn't genetically related to Jinger, I just get curious. 

I'm going to qualify this by saying once again that when it comes to predicting these things, I, like Jill, am 'always wrong'.

I think Anna is going to be the next to announce a pregnancy, and it's going to be fairly soon, like within the next month or two with a due date around March 2019.

I think Lauren will be next, before the end of the year and due a little after Anna - maybe April 2019.

Jessa is not pregnant yet, but I think she will be before 2018 is out, and we'll see Seewald #3 making his or her arrival around June 2019.

I think Kendra will be pregnant around the same time as Jessa, maybe due August 2019.

Jill is a bit of a wildcard for me. She and Derick are so contradictory in what they say and do. I'll guess she has another one with similar spacing to Izzy and Sam, so due around October 2019

Abbie is going to totally depend on when she and JD get married. I'm predicting a November wedding for them, so I'll guess a baby for them around their first anniversary, November 2019

I'm really hoping that Joy holds off getting pregnant for a while yet, and while I want to be optimistic and say she'll have similar spacing to Jill's, I do think it'll be sooner. I'm going to guess somewhere in the middle and say they'll welcome Gideon's little brother or sister around December 2019.

Jinger is also a wildcard for me. It sure seems like she and Jeremy intentionally waited to have a child, but there's no proof and it easily could have simply been a matter of having a little trouble conceiving. I'm still going to default to guessing that they'll space their children somehow, and I'll predict baby #2 for them around April 2020.

15 hours ago, Markie said:

Gideon wasn’t really gaining weight so she might have been advised to supplement with formula. She said she does both. Fingers crossed that Gideon isn’t wearing a Big Brother onesie soon.

We don't know that, for sure. We haven't seen his stats, or a pic of him on a scale. We know from photos that he was "skinnier" than the other Duggar grands, but that doesn't mean he's not gaining weight. He may be longer/taller than a typical baby of his age, too.

GryffindorDisappointment weighed 7lb/3oz at birth, and at a year weighed 19.5 pounds. They tried to diagnose her with Failure to Thrive, even though her height was in the 95th percentile (FTT also typically includes shorter stature), while her weight was in the 5th. I had to take her in for weekly height/weight checks because the docs thought I wasn't feeding her.

I tried to point out that both her father and I were thin, and that she ate like a HORSE. So, for a month, I fed her ice cream and anything else high-calorie I could think of. I kept a log of what she ate and how much. She managed to gain 3 ounces. She was two years old before she weighed 25 pounds, and three before she hit 30 pounds. She wore a size 2T shorts until she was five because she was (still is) a beanpole.

Just because a baby isn't FAT doesn't mean he/she isn't gaining weight/is unhealthy.

3 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

We don't know that, for sure. We haven't seen his stats, or a pic of him on a scale. We know from photos that he was "skinnier" than the other Duggar grands, but that doesn't mean he's not gaining weight. He may be longer/taller than a typical baby of his age, too.Just because a baby isn't FAT doesn't mean he/she isn't gaining weight/is unhealthy.

I've said it before, he's like a textbook case for "catch down" seen in babies of diabetic mothers whose diabetes was poorly or not at all controlled. These babies are all very large for gestational age (check) and then gain weight at a very slow pace after birth (check), technically triggering Failure To Thrive diagnoses, but in fact they are just catching down to the size they would have been were they not artificially large due to all the extra blood glucose. Kind of the flip side of the catch up seen in babies with in utero growth restriction due to some placental issue.

7 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

If she is wouldn't that make her kids closer together than any of the others?  I don't think thats likely with the c-section, but who knows?

A C-section doesn't affect ability to conceive, does it? And ideally she would wait a while to get pregnant again after a C-section, but I really wouldn't count on that from her.

There’s a new photo of the whole family up on DFO, taken at Josiah and Lauren’s rehearsal dinner (the same time as the “lens flare” photo). Some thoughts:

- Jessa and Anna are both posed like they could be concealing a pregnancy, but it’s a group photo and lots of people are standing behind others, so I might be reading too much into that.

- There’s daylight between Josh and Anna’s family and the next family members. It’s clearly designed so that he can be cropped out if necessary.

- Speaking of Josh, he’s put on weight again.

- Still can’t tell the lost boys apart.

- I totally thought Hannie was Joy.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived