IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen 34: Lens Flare Photo with the Grandkids

choralcrusader8613

Jessa really is the keep of Schrodinger's Uterus these days. We have been guessing that she would be pregnant since last August. Come on Jessa! :P 

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watched Jinger's birth special and unless she was absolutely JUST pregnant, like conceived a week ago, she's definitely not pregnant there. When she leans over to hug Jinger, her dress is transparent enough to see how slim she is, definitely no bump. She does mention baby fever at the end though and so yeah, it's only a matter of time. 

Anybody talking about the latest Duggar sibling "group project?" Appears they drafted the younger girls plus Mackynzie to make an album of religious songs. They also describe the youngest girls as being just like the oldest four girls "on repeat." Apparently Johannah is like Jana, Jennifer is like Jill, Jinger is like Jordyn, and Jessa is like Josie. Feels like they're prepping the audience for the next generation of 'stars' for Counting On.

Here's a video of Josie singing one of the songs, I guess.

I don’t like the kid’s singing, think it’s god awful.  If it’s your own kids it’s different.

A CD of Jinger playing the piano I would listen to.

On 8/8/2018 at 6:16 PM, TheMustardCardigan said:

Anybody talking about the latest Duggar sibling "group project?" Appears they drafted the younger girls plus Mackynzie to make an album of religious songs. They also describe the youngest girls as being just like the oldest four girls "on repeat." Apparently Johannah is like Jana, Jennifer is like Jill, Jinger is like Jordyn, and Jessa is like Josie. Feels like they're prepping the audience for the next generation of 'stars' for Counting On.

Here's a video of Josie singing one of the songs, I guess.

honestly it kind of pissed me off that they set the younger kids up with their own thing on the show. it's one thing when they are seen just popping into a siblings house or finding out about a new niece/Nephew but when counting on came back it was only supposed to be the older kids in the spot light. TLC is really pushing their luck here. 

16 hours ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

honestly it kind of pissed me off that they set the younger kids up with their own thing on the show. it's one thing when they are seen just popping into a siblings house or finding out about a new niece/Nephew but when counting on came back it was only supposed to be the older kids in the spot light. TLC is really pushing their luck here. 

OMG, I didn't think of it that way--they're just trying to make the younger kids relevant and have "careers" to keep them in the public eye.

Bad enough, but worse is assigning them mini-me status in relation to the older sisters--they are just coming down the assembly line, not (except maybe for precious Josie) individuals in their own right. After the election I got this fascination with the Romanovs (another story, but now I understand why), and it kind of reminds me of the Romanov sisters, who dressed alike into their 20s and referred to themselves collectively as OTMA (just girls and interchangeable as they were not the precious heir.)

I wonder if anyone will buy this CD or , more likely, pay to hear it on youtube or something. I know there is a tradition of siblings in white Christian music--the Boone sisters in their day, the Raiths, the Von Trapp children and the Willis clan (do both mainstream and Christian), on and on...but these are seriously talented people. But just as "Growing Up Duggar" was a piece of crap that led to many engagements, I'm sure The Singing Duggar Girls will be in high demand at the same circuit that pays big bucks to listen to JBoob as Jchelle stares at him adoringly.

On the plus side, this probably puts an effective end to the violin concerts.

54 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Ugh, it is so dangerous to ride without helmets. It really reflects badly on the Camp that they allow it.

Oh, come on. Really?

I've never worn a helmet on a horse - and still wouldn't. 

5 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh, come on. Really?

Yes really.  riding horses is dangerous, inherently.  You should have a helmet for it, no question.  Further I'm shocked the camp's insurance would allow this.  They may not be insured (crazy) or they may be violating their agreement (maybe crazy, maybe just stupid) but this is weird.  

1 hour ago, Ivycoveredtower said:

Jim Bob and some of the boys at the fort rock father son camp. 

Oh look! A horses ass taking a selfie with horses & children! 

On 8/12/2018 at 8:13 PM, patsymae said:

Bad enough, but worse is assigning them mini-me status in relation to the older sisters--they are just coming down the assembly line, not (except maybe for precious Josie) individuals in their own right. After the election I got this fascination with the Romanovs (another story, but now I understand why), and it kind of reminds me of the Romanov sisters, who dressed alike into their 20s and referred to themselves collectively as OTMA (just girls and interchangeable as they were not the precious heir.)

Alexandra was emotionally abusive towards her daughters. It's no wonder Alicky was Victoria's favourite grandchild, she was just like her grandmother. I truly believe none of those women would have been allowed to marry unless they married a man who agreed to stay close to the family.

Sounds a bit familiar...

47 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

I hate scrolling past JB's face without warning. :pb_lol: 

I hate it more when it's Josh. 

25 minutes ago, Lyle Lanley said:

Alexandra was emotionally abusive towards her daughters. It's no wonder Alicky was Victoria's favourite grandchild, she was just like her grandmother. I truly believe none of those women would have been allowed to marry unless they married a man who agreed to stay close to the family.

Sounds a bit familiar...

Can you give more information on this?  How was she abusive?  What evidence do we have?  How was Victoria abusive?  Or are there books or articles you could recommend?

Alexandra of Russia was needy and emotionally unbalanced but not too terrible Victoria and esp Victoria’s DIL Princess Alexandra of Denmark were far worse.   They really did cripple their kids emotionally.

1 hour ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh, come on. Really?

Oh please wear a helmet! I've almost gotten thrown so many times, trust me you need protection. Maybe it's just my paranoia and obsession with safety but I did use to ride a lot and everyone wore helmets.

2 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh, come on. Really?

Then you are taking a very stupid risk and your comment makes me think you don't know much about horses. I'm not usually this blunt, but it's a very serious issue. Why in the world wouldn't you wear a helmet? It's such a small inconvenience with a potentially huge payoff. Are you one of those people who think they don't need to wear a seatbelt either?

Riding horses is an incredibly dangerous sport. Horses are huge, unpredictable animals and things can always go wrong. The top cause of sports-related brain injuries in adults (and the second leading cause in children) is equestrian accidents. The rate of injury for riding horses is higher than motorcycle riding. Even very experienced riders are at high risk for injury.

Helmets do work. From this page,

Sports and organizations that have adopted rules regarding helmet use have seen decreases in the number of head injuries and deaths. For example, the United States Pony Club, a youth organization, has documented a 60% decrease in head injuries after mandating that participants must have an ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials) approved helmet with chinstrap fastened when mounted. Additionally, horse related deaths dropped from 4.9 per year (73% due to head injuries) to only one death caused by a vehicle collision in the three years after youth organizations and the New York State Horse Council mandated the use of ASTM/SEI (Safety Equipment Institute) certified helmets (Malavase, 1994). 

Anecdotally, a friend of mine was riding with her cousin on a trail ride. The horses were walking slowly on the trail and the riders were not wearing helmets, just like in the pictures of the Duggars. It seemed low risk but then something startled one of the horses and my friend's cousin was thrown off and hit her head on a rock. Her skull was cracked open and she had to be flown out on a helicopter. She barely survived and as it was required a long hospitalization and an even longer period of rehabilitation. The small act of wearing a properly fitted helmet would have prevented her skull from cracking open.

I grew up riding since my mom is really into riding horses and was a showjumper when she was younger (competing on a horse who had been to the Olympics). All the serious riders I've known have been extremely adamant about helmet use because they know just how dangerous horses are.

2 minutes ago, Rachel333 said:

Then you are taking a very stupid risk and your comment makes me think you don't know much about horses. I'm not usually this blunt, but it's a very serious issue. Why in the world wouldn't you wear a helmet? It's such a small inconvenience with a potentially huge payoff. Are you one of those people who think they don't need to wear a seatbelt either?

Riding horses is an incredibly dangerous sport. Horses are huge, unpredictable animals and things can always go wrong. The top cause of sports-related brain injuries in adults (and the second leading cause in children) is equestrian accidents. The rate of injury for riding horses is higher than motorcycle riding. Even very experienced riders are at high risk for injury.

Helmets do work. From this page,

Anecdotally, a friend of mine was riding with her cousin on a trail ride. The horses were walking slowly on the trail and the riders were not wearing helmets, just like in the pictures of the Duggars. It seemed low risk but then something startled one of the horses and my friend's cousin was thrown off and hit her head on a rock. Her skull was cracked open and she had to be flown out on a helicopter. She barely survived and as it was required a long hospitalization and an even longer period of rehabilitation. The small act of wearing a properly fitted helmet would have prevented her skull from cracking open.

I grew up riding since my mom is really into riding horses and was a showjumper when she was younger (competing on a horse who had been to the Olympics). All the serious riders I've known have been extremely adamant about helmet use because they know just how dangerous horses are.

I can't up vote this enough.  Why would you take that kind of a risk?  What possible benefit could you have?  Just put on the helmet!  Be safer, why not?  Even if it weren't as large a risk as it is, do a cost benefit analysis and not wearing one is not worth it!

I don’t recall having to wear a helmet any of the times I rode when I was a kid. Most were tourist trail ride types but for a few years I was good friends with a girl who had horses. Now I would say we definitely should have worn them. 

I really didn’t know that injuries in horse related sports were that high. Lately football is the one that’s been dominating the news. 

To combine the royal thread drift and the riding-without-helmets thread drift... the last I heard, 92-year-old Queen Elizabeth was still riding without a helmet.

2 hours ago, justoneoftwo said:

Can you give more information on this?  How was she abusive?  What evidence do we have?  How was Victoria abusive?  Or are there books or articles you could recommend?

Victoria was manipulative towards her daughters to the point of it being emotional abuse. Everyone jokes about how Michelle holds on to Josie like a doll. Victoria clung to Beatrice like a doll from the time Albert died. When Beatrice wanted to marry, Victoria didn't "speak" to her for several months. A lot of people don't talk about the way Victoria describes her children in her letters (that still survive). She wasn't very complimentary towards the majority of her children. There is a three part documentary on Victoria's children that discusses this but it gets taken down from YouTube all the time.

Alexandra was similarly manipulative towards her daughters. She isolated them from society at large and would often do the guilt trip about her illnesses. I think it's an unspoken taboo because of how the Russia's Imperial family died to look at it through that lens. It taints the Saintly Romanov image of Nicholas, Alexandra, and their children. If you look at a lot of the more recent documentaries on YouTube about the daughters and some of the discourse as more information is coming out of the Soviet archives. There is a lot of criticism leveled towards Nicholas' parents (moreso his mother) for how they treated their children and how Maria Feodorovna treated Alexandra, but Alexandra has always been exempt from how she treated her own children in said discussions.

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

To combine the royal thread drift and the riding-without-helmets thread drift... the last I heard, 92-year-old Queen Elizabeth was still riding without a helmet.

The stated reason is She dosen’t want to muss her hair and she is one of the most experienced horsewomen is the world. But  she insists her grandchildren who often ride with her do it of course. A few years ago  young Lady  Louise who is very experienced herself  fell off her horse  and badly broke her arm( she asked them to please not blame her horse and be cross at it :))If she was not wearing that helmet it could have been very tragic. 

8 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Oh, come on. Really?

You know what? It's fine to occasionally acknowledge that we used to do stupid things because we didn't know any better. I grew up not wearing a helmet while skiing.  No one ever taught me as a kid (even though we wore helmets when riding our bikes), and as a teenager I was way too embarassed (none of my friends wore them either). Now I haven't been skiing in years, but the next time I'm going, you can bet your ass I'm going to wear a helmet. Because now I know how dangerous skiing without a helmet is, and I'm thankfully mature enough now to realize it's not embarassing to wear a helmet, but smart.

I highly recommend you reconsider your stance on helmets. It may just save your life some day.

For the record, I don't really blame the Duggars there because I'm sure they don't know any better. I absolutely do blame the camp for not instructing riders on safety.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived