IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen 34: Lens Flare Photo with the Grandkids

choralcrusader8613

7 hours ago, Carm_88 said:

Random picture of Jana...advertising? :P 

Or maybe a courtship announcement coming up?

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they would have worded it as 'helping others' it already sounds so much better.

Now they only confirm the widespread image of her being the family slave.

On 9/1/2018 at 2:52 AM, TheMustardCardigan said:

Ok, as someone who grew up as an early developer, had a large chest from a relatively young age, etc... I definitely understand this concern and other related issues (school dress codes being enforced against developed girls more than others, for example). Respectfully, I don't really think my comment was taking things in a harmful direction. I didn't say she shouldn't get to play with or sit with the younger girls if she *wants* to... I just remember being almost 13 and I don't think at that age I would've wanted to hang out with kids Josie, Jordyn, and Mack's age all the time, and would've resented it/felt like I was being forced to babysit. Maybe she likes it, and if so, cool, no judgment, I think kids are often forced to grow up too fast these days. But if Johannah's parents are making her hang with the littles just because they're all girls and they see Johannah as Sister Mom Gen 2.0, I think that's pretty lame and I could just see that being the case given the way the Duggars like to do things.

I'm with you on this one! The clips i've seen of her lately - eg the Happy Hearts recordings and Jinger's photoshoot for them - gave me the impression that Johanna was mentally becoming more adolescent, and not on the same 'kid' wavelength as the little girls who were busy showing off and playing together quite unselfconsciously. She's been included in what the older girls are up to for a few years now - there was an episode when Jessa was recently married and the sisters Jana to Johanna came to cook (for Thanksgiving?) at her house; Jessa said that they were making an effort to let Johanna feel part of the older sisters group - plus she was present at Joy's labour while the little girls weren't.

I do think Johanna is in a very transitional stage and feels a bit awkward in both the grown-up and the kid worlds. She's definitely not a little girl any more, but she's not old enough to get involved in the talk of courtships/weddings/babies/homeschool that's basically the alternative.

4 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

If they would have worded it as 'helping others' it already sounds so much better.

Now they only confirm the widespread image of her being the family slave.

That's another example of Christians using language that is common in their culture while not realizing how it sounds to others.

9 hours ago, Timetostoplurking said:

If someone described me as “liking to serve others”, I would be pissed.  

I can guarantee 100% that no one will ever describe me as ”liking to serve others” and I feel pretty good about that actually. 

Now I cant get the VERY defunct "lydia of purple" post selling off her daughters out of my head now.  One was described as "always ready."  Poor Jana.

Now I had to go find the post and couldnt find a screenshot on FJ... so sad.  You can see it (sort of) here.

http://wtffundiefamilies.tumblr.com/post/145155705600/if-anyone-out-theres-been-fundie-watching-on-the

On 9/11/2018 at 10:51 PM, Carm_88 said:

Random picture of Jana...advertising? :P 

So why is she in Dumright, Oklahoma? Is that close to Abbie's family?

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

Honestly, she's probably helping coordinate the wedding as she always does.

2 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

Probably helping out with the approaching wedding as @Carm_88 mentioned or hanging out with JD+Abbie. The town is not far from one of the main routes that would take them from Tontitown to Abbie’s hometown; it’s like a 20 min. deviation. I googled Drumright and it has many of these murals painted throughout the town, it looked pretty cool. 

It leaves a sick feeling in my stomach that it appears Ma and Pa Duggar are trying to sell Jana. That's the impression I get. 

8 hours ago, potato said:

I was perusing Buzzfeed and guess what popped up (look at number 22 on the list. Also under the spoiler in case you don't feel like scrolling through the list) :

https://www.buzzfeed.com/abbykass/long-sleeved-dresses-for-fall?origin=hpp

The dress has infiltrated Buzzfeed!  

Hide contents

image.png.7fad9bbcf7a21a5dfd393103d9d8b662.png

Not to start thread drift but I lol'd so hard at an exchange in the comment section of that article.

Person 1: "Who decided midi dresses needed to be a thing?"

Person 2: "If my ass isn't hanging out then I don't really feel like a woman."

:pb_lol:  

I bet we get an upkick in these Jana posts from the Duggars. I can see them getting desperate to marry her off now that the next closest to her in age are the twins. 

Yup. The 'iah twins and Jason may be legal adults, but I can't imagine them getting married before they're at least 21, so the pressure for any courtship/engagement announcement ratings is on Jana. I hope she doesn't settle for a situation that she doesn't want.

Probably helping out with the approaching wedding as @Carm_88 mentioned or hanging out with JD+Abbie. The town is not far from one of the main routes that would take them from Tontitown to Abbie’s hometown; it’s like a 20 min. deviation. I googled Drumright and it has many of these murals painted throughout the town, it looked pretty cool. 
I've been there! It's a nice little town off route 66 if I'm remembering correctly. Very quiet as most of them are

I don't think they are selling Jana. She has everything on her side to attract men for herself. They are not an isolated family and her sisters had easily found husbands at young age.

I'm sure she's not married because she doesn't want. Maybe because she is too responsible to leave the little kids with Michelle, maybe because she just hasn't found the right man. Or maybe she prefers living in the big house, gardening and hanging out with friends than being married.

I think Jana has been the boss of that house for years. And probably realises that marrying a fundie jerk means stop being the boss. And most important, she said she doesn't want kids (well, she said it in other words, which surprised me a lot). 

4 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

And most important, she said she doesn't want kids (well, she said it in other words, which surprised me a lot). 

She said that, really? Could you possibly provide a source or context as that does sound incredible?

1 hour ago, SweetJuly said:

She said that, really? Could you possibly provide a source or context as that does sound incredible?

It was posted here, I'll try to find. She said she was praying because didn't like kids or something similar. It was really shocking. I mean, I understand she doesn't like kids, but saying that was weird for a Duggar.

I also think that Jana might not be married for the same reason that other 28-year-olds are not married, such as not having found the right guy, having other things she enjoys more, or just not seeing herself in a permanent relationship for the time being - which are all valid reasons. 

I think we tend to lose perspective how normal it is not to be married at 28 because all of her siblings were married (much) younger. I honestly think it’s more unusual to find someone to marry at 19 (!) than not having a steady partner at 28, so that’s what shifts the yardstick here :) she probably also knows how quickly any relationship she does have will move toward marriage, so she may not agree to be in one until she is 100% ready to get married. For all we know, she could be married by Easter if she’s seeing someone. 

Basically, I prefer to stick with the slightly less dramatic explanations until/unless we have evidence to the contrary. 

I think after John David and Jana's weddings and first kids, it's all downhill for Duggar ratings. Josiah was the last of the kids I recognized from the show, so if Jason started courting I would know next to nothing about him. The lost girls I know better than the Howlers actually. Josie's wedding would definitely get attention too, even if the show has ended (and I'm praying it will) a while earlier.

I agree @neurogirl maybe they will be able to keep the show running amother couple of years after Jana wedding and baby #1 'cause at that there will be izzy and Spurgie th but I don't see greet ratings in the future. 

Jessa will probably be around kids #4, same for Joy and Kendra if not #5 and Lauren will be around #3 who will care at that point? There will be so many Grands just on the show....

They stopped doing the "All About J______" episodes in Counting On but I think that would be interesting and helpful. Especially if it were "All About Joe AND Kendra" and we saw baby pictures, the kids talking about them. Maybe they do that kind of and I'm just missing it. I really want to see an All About Josiah to see how much his personality/presentation changed and if we are remembering it wrong. Although I think they did have some of the youngers do TH about him and saying "he WAS a jokester" or something like that, right?

Yeah in order to save the show they would have to start introducing us to the younger kids (boys especially) on Counting On, but TLC has to flirt with the line of "Counting On is a different show than And Counting, supposed to be about the adults, but that's not sustainable." and the lost girls and Kynzie are already on it...

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived