IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen 34: Lens Flare Photo with the Grandkids

choralcrusader8613

11 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think we might be seeing that the J'kids are more inclined to let the lord bless them in his time, and not be like their "parents" and hump like bunnies and actively trying to conceive every time she's not pregnant.  I little NFP can go a long way in spacing kids out, and one thing these girls know it is how to track their fertility.

I agree. I think some might be using NFP, and I could see the rationalization of: Well, if we still conceive (God's gift, will, decision), then we'll gracefully and lovingly accept that gift, but otherwise, we'll continue with the NFP "work around." 

Could you just see Bert Jeremy explaining the above rationalization to Jinger? Come on babe, we aren't taking or actually doing anything to prevent a pregnancy or usurp God's will....

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@SassyPants EXACTLY, this is how everyone I know that was "leaving it up to the Lord".  Mind you none of these folks were evangelical or quiversful some of them were Fundylite a few were full on Bates Fundy, never met anyone as strict as the Duggar's in our years in our fundy lite church.  And all these couples magically found God telling them to stop after 3 or 4 kids, and either the wife got her tubes tied or daddy got snipped after baby #4...5. 

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I agree. I think some might be using NFP, and I could see the rationalization of: Well, if we still conceive (God's gift, will, decision), then we'll gracefully and lovingly accept that gift, but otherwise, we'll continue with the NFP "work around." 

Could you just see Bert Jeremy explaining the above rationalization to Jinger? Come on babe, we aren't taking or actually doing anything to prevent a pregnancy or usurp God's will....

I don't think Jeremy would feel the need to defend his manly decision to his wife lol I do wonder how much if the reproductive choices are left to the wives though

Its nine days until the wedding, is it really possible than NO ONE is pregnant? ?? I expected at least one annoucment these week as wedding aproches..but nothing! ? Maybe someone is pregnant but no visible or its early pregnancy, but still... Rufus? ???

Good for them if so!

But we could have a chaos of pregnancies next year.?

4 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

I definitely think someone will announce before the wedding. By bet is on Monday or Tuesday next week

Nah - I'm imagining a five-baby-Duggar-reveal at Jabbie's wedding. Jill, Jessa, Joy, Lauren, Kendra - sporting bump-enhancing bridesmaid dresses. lol

If no one announces then we will not have one single thing happening or coming up in the Duggar family. No courtships, no weddings, no babies...

what will they cover next season?

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

If no one announces then we will not have one single thing happening or coming up in the Duggar family. No courtships, no weddings, no babies...

what will they cover next season?

Madness. I'm going with pregnancy announcement at the wedding.

On 10/24/2018 at 12:08 AM, Daisy0322 said:

I don't think Jeremy would feel the need to defend his manly decision to his wife lol I do wonder how much if the reproductive choices are left to the wives though

I don’t think Jeremy and Jinger would have any theological problem with using barrier methods, in addition to NFP, and then something permanent after 3-5 kids , especially if the last one is an oops. 

I wonder if the babies/kids we follow now will grow up knowing they're "TLC era" kids? This is dark, but I suspect some couples could be trying like bunnies to get a baby just to help keep Counting On going. Once that's over, will the pressure be off and the pregnancies become a bit more natural/planned/wanted? 

It's totally not the same thing, but my mom has 6 siblings (originally had 8), and they're all pretty close in age except for when the US was in WWII, which splits them perfectly into two "sets." The Duggars are going to have so many grandkids that I'm sure different surprising groupings like that may form.

8 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Nah - I'm imagining a five-baby-Duggar-reveal at Jabbie's wedding. Jill, Jessa, Joy, Lauren, Kendra - sporting bump-enhancing bridesmaid dresses. lol

If pregnant bridesmaids are good luck, they Jabbie will have an extra blessed union. If this actually happend, we should expect the announcement of honeymoon triplets in a few months.

Maybe they’re practicing celibacy until everyone is ready to get pregnant. Baby boom ‘19!

6 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I don’t think Jeremy and Jinger would have any theological problem with using barrier methods, in addition to NFP, and then something permanent after 3-5 kids , especially if the last one is an oops. 

Potentially... I think it'll be closer to 6 or 7. Mainly because that doesn't seem like a lot after 18 siblings. I think for the duggars 6 or 7 kids is like 3 or 4 to the rest of the world 

8 minutes ago, Daisy0322 said:

Potentially... I think it'll be closer to 6 or 7. Mainly because that doesn't seem like a lot after 18 siblings. I think for the duggars 6 or 7 kids is like 3 or 4 to the rest of the world 

But Jeremy is one of three. 6 would be a lot for him same with Dwreck and Austin. Ben is the only one who came from a large family. 

On 10/25/2018 at 2:58 PM, NakedKnees said:

It's totally not the same thing, but my mom has 6 siblings (originally had 8), and they're all pretty close in age except for when the US was in WWII, which splits them perfectly into two "sets." The Duggars are going to have so many grandkids that I'm sure different surprising groupings like that may form.

There are 19 grandkids in my family on my dad's side (we are all relatively close in age, there are about 14 years between the oldest and youngest)- and we naturally separated into "sets" when we were all together, and we don't have anywhere near the number of grandkids Duggars will probably end up having.

There are eight grandkids total on Dad's side and growing up we were split in two ways. Four were in one state and four in another (two kids each among Dad and his brother and sisters) so naturally we were closer to the ones in the same state as we are. My brother and I knew two of our cousins more we saw each other more then the ones in Minnesota. But when we all got together it changed by age. The older girls hanged out together and younger girl cousins hanged out together. I being the youngest played with the other younger girl cousin. The boys just all hanged out together since there were only three. Now that we're all grown its completely changed the two my brother and I hanged out with the most we rarely see. The girl cousin who lived in the same state moved to another state and I haven't seen her in years we're not close at all. Her brother only a little more often even though he lives in the same state. I know their busy with work and kids and stuff but its still surprising they visit their parents and probably don't have time to visit us. But I do miss them. While two of my cousins in Minnesota we've gotten a lot closer as adults. My oldest cousin helped fight with my parents to get VA for my dad and met someone who had the juice to finally get my dad approved. She calls a lot. Comes to visit for the holidays.  She and her husband are really nice cool people. My other cousin the one I was close to when ever we visited. We fell out of contact until my mother died and she came to the funeral. Since then we've talked or sent emails every couple weeks. We both are battling medical problems and its really nice for each of us to talk to someone else who's going through the similar thing. Medical problems they are trying to figuring it out, being on strict diets, we've vented to each other. Its been really helpful.   The other two cousins aren't interested at all which kind of stinks but its their choice.  I still miss the ones I grew up with but I really love that we've gotten closer to the two cousins and gotten to know them really well again (or for the first time with one).    

There are over 20 cousins on my mom's side, but with about 40 years between the oldest and the youngest. The groupings were pretty much solely by age. Come to think of it, when we played together growing up there was really no splitting up by boys and girls the way it often happened when playing with other kids.

Oh look! This aught to be good. Not biased at all, nope, not at all. Josie is going to screech the anthem.

Spoiler

5596C9E8-2A7B-4CA7-A6F1-B9285E6D232C.thumb.png.f97af87db9eb3c5bf3a81bb0778566d3.png

The girls' singing isn't bd, but it's nothing special either.  I wonder if the second-gen Duggs understand exactly why they're well-known...

Like, I'm happy that no Duggar is pregnant, what we know of. Less children born into the cult, and with ugly and horrible views, that they'll try to impose on us later. But at the same time, it's fun when someone is pregnant, it's fun to follow the pregnancy, snark on them, and guess names. 

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived