IGNORED

Duggars By the Dozen 34: Lens Flare Photo with the Grandkids

choralcrusader8613

45 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

There’s a new photo of the whole family up on DFO, taken at Josiah and Lauren’s rehearsal dinner (the same time as the “lens flare” photo).

Wow. That's a gaggle of people, isn't it?

Further - I only read two comments but both were SO snarky:

1 - Josh is HUUUUUUUGE

and

2 - nice of Derick to dress up for the occasion

LMAO

• Replies 534
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

I'm also jumping on the Joy is Pregnant speculation bus. I'm thinking the 'update' she will be posting about their living situation will include a pregnancy announcement. Yeah, she had a C-section with Gideon, but she's young, and likely not doing anything to prevent conception.

If she is pregnant, I hope it's complication free, and she gets proper medical attention.

That makes me so nervous! My SIL got pregnant 2 months post c section and she's about to deliver now... all the complications are terrifying notvto mention the incision never healed so she has a 6 inch tear in her uterus and a estimated 11 lbs baby. They think he will be special needs once he's born because of all the complications I guess. She didn't think getting pregnant that quick was going to be that big of a deal supposedly but I've not talked to her about it so that's hear say. .

15 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Just because a baby isn't FAT doesn't mean he/she isn't gaining weight/is unhealthy.

I can't believe what they put you through! My son has almost the exact stats and no one ever said a thing. But yes as little ngvas they growing, are active, and have healthy coloring (not dusky grey or blue skin) they're fine.

10 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

A C-section doesn't affect ability to conceive, does it? And ideally she would wait a while to get pregnant again after a C-section, but I really wouldn't count on that from her.

C-sections have no effect until you have 3, 4, 5 of them according to my doctor. 

16 hours ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

We don't know that, for sure. We haven't seen his stats, or a pic of him on a scale. We know from photos that he was "skinnier" than the other Duggar grands, but that doesn't mean he's not gaining weight. He may be longer/taller than a typical baby of his age, too.

GryffindorDisappointment weighed 7lb/3oz at birth, and at a year weighed 19.5 pounds. They tried to diagnose her with Failure to Thrive, even though her height was in the 95th percentile (FTT also typically includes shorter stature), while her weight was in the 5th. I had to take her in for weekly height/weight checks because the docs thought I wasn't feeding her.

I tried to point out that both her father and I were thin, and that she ate like a HORSE. So, for a month, I fed her ice cream and anything else high-calorie I could think of. I kept a log of what she ate and how much. She managed to gain 3 ounces. She was two years old before she weighed 25 pounds, and three before she hit 30 pounds. She wore a size 2T shorts until she was five because she was (still is) a beanpole.

Just because a baby isn't FAT doesn't mean he/she isn't gaining weight/is unhealthy.

See - I had the meatball child. He was 15th percentile for height and something like 85th for weight at one of his appointments. (when he was 6 months old - he had to be in 9 month pants to fit around his thighs...)
He's still short - he's consistently in the 15th percentile for height and really always has been (his birth family isn't a tall group of people so...) and he's really evened out. (less meatball shaped now). But at 5.5 years - he's still wearing 4T pants. Shirts are hit or miss - some are 4T, some are 5T.
But he has gigantic feet too. I think his shoes are a 11? It seems weird because here is the skinny little shortstack with FEET.

12 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

A C-section doesn't affect ability to conceive, does it? And ideally she would wait a while to get pregnant again after a C-section, but I really wouldn't count on that from her.

C-sections do not affect fertility, but it is supposed that having several C-sections increases the chances of having a miscarriage. I'm not a doctor, so if it is not true, please tell me. 

Anyway, I think Duggar daughters are too focused in their mother's experience, and they shouldn't. Michelle is an exception, not the norm. Not only because she has had 15 healthy deliveries (2 deliveries were high risk for preeclamsia, so I don't count these as healthy), but she also managed to have vaginal births after several C-sections. Also, her first 18 kids were born healthy, which is impressive. 

If her daughters expect to copy her mother, they will be delusional. For a start, many women are not that fertile. Sometimes you  cannot have vaginal deliveries after a C-section, specially if you don't wait enough time to recover. It is not common to have easy pregnancies after 10 kids, because the uterus can be damaged. Etc.

I wonder if Duggar daughters are learning that giving birth is not always lollipops ans rainbows or are just thinking they are somehow failing.

That family picture was the first time I’ve seen any affection between Jordyn and Michelle. I liked Michelle’s dress. It was nice to see a big group shot. I imagine they will have another at John and Abbie’s wedding (hopefully at a dress rehearsal like this one - I prefer it to the more formal matching suits and satins on the wedding day). Derick did look out of place in his undershirt. Glad Abbie was included in the photo. 

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

- Jessa and Anna are both posed like they could be concealing a pregnancy, but it’s a group photo and lots of people are standing behind others, so I might be reading too much into that.

Jessa confirmed a few days ago that she's not pregnant. No idea about Anna, though.

11 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Still can’t tell the lost boys apart. 

Eh, don't feel bad....neither can Michelle!! :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, Markie said:

That family picture was the first time I’ve seen any affection between Jordyn and Michelle. 

You mean Jordyn showing affection for her mom and Michelle ignoring her.  

Wow---I am not saying this to be snarky or mean (though I can be both)---but I am just so surprised at Josh's size.  It is such a huge change. I wonder what made that happen?

I almost didn't recognize Joy.

Funny to see Jana surrounded by the brothers---who I also can't tell apart at all, except for Tyler & Jackson, who is the one seated in front, right?  He looks so old.

Anna's kids are so cute.

9 hours ago, AliceInFundyland said:

Perhaps Josh is a bit of a stress eater.

And boredom. What can he be doing with his life? Hanging around Daddy’s make-work car lot? Helping his wife with their kids, while she remains the primary parent? They probably don’t let him have internet access and likely limit television. I doubt he’s reading, exercising, or spending time with friends. They belong to a church, but would he be welcome to serve on a committee or join a social group?

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

And boredom. What can he be doing with his life? Hanging around Daddy’s make-work car lot? Helping his wife with their kids, while she remains the primary parent? They probably don’t let him have internet access and likely limit television. I doubt he’s reading, exercising, or spending time with friends. They belong to a church, but would he be welcome to serve on a committee or join a social group?

We had a friend who retired early (long story there). He did have some medical issues, but refused to make any lifestyle changes to help himself. He was spoiled beyond spoiled. Anyhow, I could never understand why he couldn't, at minimum, take a couple of easy walks a day (he had no mobility issues). The gift of time is a huge part of the exercise equation.

Josh could be exercising, daily- I tend to doubt that Anna pushes him to help much with the kids.

Josh looks huge, but he's always yo-yo'd with his weight in his adult years so it's not that surprising. Maybe Anna is pregnant with #6 and he is stress eating. I think with him it's not so much fitness/activity but what he eats. None of the Duggars eat healthy at all, he just has a case of a slower metabolism than most of his siblings.

Interestingly they left enough room between his family and the others to be able to cut them out but then there is Derrick front and centre.

2 hours ago, SassyPants said:

We had a friend who retired early (long story there). He did have some medical issues, but refused to make any lifestyle changes to help himself. He was spoiled beyond spoiled. Anyhow, I could never understand why he couldn't, at minimum, take a couple of easy walks a day (he had no mobility issues). The gift of time is a huge part of the exercise equation.

This is the exact situation with my retired father. My sister and I in our weekly bitch sessions opine how if we didn't have to work we'd basically be in Ironman-shape, but my dad somehow can't find time to walk the neighborhood a couple days a week or bake some chicken.

I think Josh is very entitled and lazy combined with bad food habits and a possible food addiction. (I actually feel kinda bad for the guy on the latter. Then he opens his mouth and any sympathy magically disappears...) 

Yeah, I do tend to think Josh has tendencies towards an addictive personality. If he weren't fundie and had gone to college, I would have guessed him to be a binge drinker/at least a very heavy drinker in between bouts of womanizing. Food is the one accessible addiction available to him. I do hold him 100% accountable for his behaviour, addictive tendencies or not. 

About the photo:
-Derick looks silly being the only one wearing a t-shirt (it's college fashion).
-Poor siah, that hairline .
-I don't like jana standing, if she is in the first row she should also sit.
-Joe seems very fitness now .
-Jessa loves to hide her belly.
-meredit is a very cute girl.
-Josh looks fatter and balder than ever (Anna's plan is working) .
-jimbob loves attention, it's no coincidence that john and abbie are behind him.

I don't think Jessa is hiding, I actually think that Spurgeon is standing on the bench so that he can be seen, and she is holding him so that he doesn't fall.

Spoiler

40219601_1386228324844146_67523278994889

Photo for easy access.

Looking at the photo it's interesting to see how everyone is grouped. Idk, between this photo and the album they had the little girls sing, I feel a little bad for Hannie, I feel like she's a preteen forced to hang out with a bunch of little girls. 

Man - the JoshAnna group is DEFINITELY set up so they can be cropped. How must Anna feel? 

14 minutes ago, SapphireSlytherin said:

Man - the JoshAnna group is DEFINITELY set up so they can be cropped. How must Anna feel? 

Agreed.  I am surprised that  D-wreck and JillyMuffin are not on the other end of the photo and  set up to be cropped. 

19 minutes ago, SayWhat said:

Agreed.  I am surprised that  D-wreck and JillyMuffin are not on the other end of the photo and  set up to be cropped. 

Meh. I'm guessing JB/Moochelle/fundiefamily LOVE him and all the BS he spouts on his social media. I'm also guessing they think his Plain White Tee is awesome. For whatever reason.

6 hours ago, apiscue said:

It is possible, I think Jessa likes to create expectations about a possible pregnancy.

Really? I think she probably finds the endless scrutiny of the exact size of her waistline irritating AF. She does a fanstic job throwing back at the comments though. 

I think Gideon continues to be on the mark with his facials.

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic

Archived