IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

2 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

*snip*

And like I said I didn’t really come to defend Lori she does that in her own way and she knows this forum exists. Someone in here is also in a closed group made by Lori that takes screenshots of comments, etc., that are supposed to stay in that room. I feel that is wrong. Not all of the women in that group agree with everything Lori says so there are women in there who are a great help to others. And to find out things got out was hurtful to some. No matter what, for or against, things like that should be off limits and not displayed publicly. 

Show me where this happens.
Because private info is not screenshotted into FJ.
Paraphrased and discussed, possibly, but not screenshotted.

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

And like I said I didn’t really come to defend Lori

Why did you come here?  Genuinely curious.

8 minutes ago, CelticGoddess said:

You really should grow the fuck up.  And you should take the time to get the feel for a forum before you shit all over the carpet.  

You really should realize that I don’t give two sh*ts what you think. You really should take the time to put your phalanges in a straight jacket before you think for one second I’m gonna take a pathetic comment like that to heart. Maybe not start off with f*ck but that seems to be a popular word here. 

6 minutes ago, dawbs said:

There is a post by someone named “fluffy” in here that shows a screenshot from the closed group. Yesterday I think. 

11 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

@Beermeet & @CelticGoddess 

Damn y'all...have I ever said how much I LOVE you guys? 

@Jessesgirl25 you have been married all of about 5 minutes compared to most of us here. You REALLY think you can come in, guns blazing and telling us how it's gonna be? You really think that Lori gives good advice? If so, your utter ignorance of scripture is hanging out. Why don't you sit down, shut up and learn from people who know a thing or two? 

And now...back to drooling over Keanu Reeves...goddamn the man is FINE!

Married 5, together 10. Is that short? Feels like ages! Haha!

8 minutes ago, dawbs said:

Others that were caught were found out and booted from the room. They haven’t found yesterday’s culprit. 

3 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Someone in here is also in a closed group made by Lori that takes screenshots of comments, etc., that are supposed to stay in that room. I feel that is wrong.

I'm fairly certain this is against FJ rules, so please point it out to a helpmeet or something. 

And if that is your issue, why go around downvoting and stirring things up, rather than just say that in the first place?

I can see why some people there don't blindly believe Lori or agree with everything she says, as she lies almost every time she posts, does the exact opposite of everything she proclaims women should do, deletes any comments pointing out her hypocrisy, and allows posts condoning abuse to stand. It's obvious enough that people here have expressed concern that perhaps her brain injury or tumor might be causing some cognitive issues, as often as she contradicts herself. 

However, she treats people horribly, deliberately posts things she knows will hurt her own daughter, and has shown many times that she has no real idea what love is. She has no business mentoring anyone, much less proclaiming that her ways are Gods ways. 

4 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Married 5, together 10. Is that short? Feels like ages! Haha!

Considering I've been married for 20 years, yup! You're a shortimer, wet behind the ears kid. 

So, sit down, shut up and learn from the grown ups

Yeah, that is not allowed here.  There are "helpmeets" and self policing if someone does do that.  And, honestly, if were not pissed off at Lori for harmful advice and really feeling for the woman in a bad situation, we are pissed off at Lori and the woman because that woman is hitting a severly disabled ( blind, non verbal and can't walk) child because they don't "comply".  It's sick and I'll always hate it.  As a wife and mother, I can't fathom running my household like that with all the game playing Lori has/still does, living my life like that.  And, anyone who can dole out that horrid advice and be brutally cold to a suicidal mom has no redeeming qualities in my eyes.  Can't have it both ways.

30 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Ahh! I’m sorry. I’m getting notifications left and right. I’m not intentionally ignoring nyone whether it be negative or positive. I’ll go back through and find yours. :)

Y'know what? it's fine. I think I've said all I want to say in this discussion anyway.

Don't take it personally, I'm just really sick of engaging in these discussions with the people who come here for a night and then flounce off again. Somehow the type of person who does that is very rarely interested in engaging in actual talk. Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I'm just bored and want some attention myself. Who knows? (hint: I know. I'm just killing time)

I hope you find what it is you're looking here and move on with your life in a way that makes you happy and is hopefully not spent arguing with strangers whose opinions mean very little to you. I spent my teenage years getting into fights on the internet because I liked the thrill and had nothing else going on for me. It's not a fun life to live.  You have a husband and from the looks of your profile picture an adorable baby.  I think you have the right to spend your free time in any way you wish, obviously, but I don't think that sticking around and arguing is going to make you happy (I also don't think hanging around Lori's facebook and internalising her 'teaching' will make you happy but again it's your life).  

-

You replied while I was writing this so I'll just tag it on in here. I'm glad you're not actually a blind follower of Lori and have your own mind and your own beliefs. Your family will doubtlessly be happier for not applying all of her teachings, but it's not really my place to say that. I can't speak to the ethics of posting quotes from closed chatrooms on here because I don't have the dedication to keep up with her blog and her facebook (though I remain thankful for the FJ members who are) but there's a word for closed off groups of people who keep their beliefs and practices secret from everyone else and then attack when information is leaked and that word is cult. 

You'd be better off asking someone who participates in the sharing of those important evidences about that, because I know barely anything about it.

It must have felt like an incredible breach of privacy, and I'm sympathetic to a degree. And I'd probably be annoyed if information about myself that I thought I had revealed privately had been shared and discussed on a forum, but I like to think I'd have the self-awareness to try and think about what I've said or done or advocated for that would cause that to happen. Ultimately I believe that Lori Alexander needs to be constantly exposed for the real negative influence she has over people, and if the belief that the privacy of others is more important than the lives of the people themselves (let us not forget, the Pearls have produced material that has literally killed children) is one that I'm in the minority for having, then I don't mind being in that minority.

(Actually apparently that is very much against the rules so I withdraw my support of the posting of private messages. My bad, I thought it was only private accounts that were off limits but thinking about it of course anything private is banned. I'm such a doofus tonight)

The rest stands, though, Lori should be exposed at every opportunity that doesn't infringe upon the FJ rules, but I can't very well claim to own what I say if I delete it and pretend I never did.

1 minute ago, feministxtian said:

Considering I've been married for 20 years, yup! You're a shortimer, wet behind the ears kid. 

Nah. I’m not the sit down and shut up type of girl. Sorry. 

2 minutes ago, Escadora said:

Y'know what? it's fine. I think I've said all I want to say in this discussion anyway.

Don't take it personally, I'm just really sick of engaging in these discussions with the people who come here for a night and then flounce off again. Somehow the type of person who does that is very rarely interested in engaging in actual talk. Maybe it's my fault. Maybe I'm just bored and want some attention myself. Who knows? (hint: I know. I'm just killing time)

I hope you find what it is you're looking here and move on with your life in a way that makes you happy and is hopefully not spent arguing with strangers whose opinions mean very little to you. I spent my teenage years getting into fights on the internet because I liked the thrill and had nothing else going on for me. It's not a fun life to live.  You have a husband and from the looks of your profile picture an adorable baby.  I think you have the right to spend your free time in any way you wish, obviously, but I don't think that sticking around and arguing is going to make you happy (I also don't think hanging around Lori's facebook and internalising her 'teaching' will make you happy but again it's your life).  

-

You replied while I was writing this so I'll just tag it on in here. I'm glad you're not actually a blind follower of Lori and have your own mind and your own beliefs. Your family will doubtlessly be happier for not applying all of her teachings, but it's not really my place to say that. I can't speak to the ethics of posting quotes from closed chatrooms on here because I don't have the dedication to keep up with her blog and her facebook (though I remain thankful for the FJ members who are) but there's a word for closed off groups of people who keep their beliefs and practices secret from everyone else and then attack when information is leaked and that word is cult. 

You'd be better off asking someone who participates in the sharing of those important evidences about that, because I know barely anything about it.

It must have felt like an incredible breach of privacy, and I'm sympathetic to a degree. And I'd probably be annoyed if information about myself that I thought I had revealed privately had been shared and discussed on a forum, but I like to think I'd have the self-awareness to try and think about what I've said or done or advocated for that would cause that to happen. Ultimately I believe that Lori Alexander needs to be constantly exposed for the real negative influence she has over people, and if the belief that the privacy of others is more important than the lives of the people themselves (let us not forget, the Pearls have produced material that has literally killed children) is one that I'm in the minority for having, then I don't mind being in that minority.

Something of mine has been shared here but I don’t even mind that because I can handle it. I didn’t come here for me, I just stumbled upon it when it was mentioned things were being posted here, lol! It made some women feel unsafe in the room and that made me sad for them. I didn’t come here to start trouble necessarily although it ended up that way, downvoting to me looks like disagreeing and it feels like you’re not allowed to disagree here I guess? And then I’m a fan girl and it spiraled. And now here we are! Anyway, thank you for your thoughts, they’re appreciated. 

8 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

We were together 14 years, then married for nearly 17 and I'm been a widow for 18 months..10 years is nowt.

10 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Nah. I’m not the sit down and shut up type of girl. Sorry. 

That's fine...but little girl, you'd best just keep your ass on the porch because there ain't no way you can run with the big dogs here

Do you realize Lori is a hypocrite when she talks about how to treat your husband? She's admitted to sabotaging birth control (so she could stay home), she's admitted to hitting her husband and well, the way they talk about each other, there ain't no love there at all, and nothing worth emulating. If I treated my husband the way Lori treats Ken, I'd be divorced by now. If I acted the way Lori says a wife should act, I'd be divorced by now. 

So, go fuck yourself and go back to humping on Lori...your kind ain't welcome here...run along. 

PS. @Seahorse Wrangler I must have missed that Mr. Wrangler had passed. Sending you a hug. 

19 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

There is a post by someone named “fluffy” in here that shows a screenshot from the closed group. Yesterday I think. 

Nope, I just went through all of yesterday's posts.  Nothing from anyone with "fluffy" as part of their screenname, and nothing that appeared to be a screenshot of a private room.

***ETA-we did find it, it was back farther than yesterday.  It has been removed
We do work at this stuff, but sorting through multiple days worth of posts does take time.  It's why good info helps.

We helpmeets are happy to try to protect privacy--Free Jinjer takes that seriously.  So please, if you are concerned about something posted inappropriately, please report it.
We don't always recognize the province of every piece of minutia from every corner of the interwebz.  THe webz are to big, the posts are to many.

So feel free to be upset at people sharing private info, but FJ as a whole is pretty damn protective of the private info of those friends of yours. 

1 minute ago, Seahorse Wrangler said:

We were together 14 years, then married for nearly 17 and I'm been a widow for 18 months..10 years is nowt.

A lot has happened in 10 years believe it or not, lol. Not than any of you care but is what it is! 

1 minute ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

A lot has happened in 10 years believe it or not, lol. Not than any of you care but is what it is! 

You're damn skippy I don't give a shit. You need to learn a few things before you can run with the big dogs around here.,,the first lesson is read and learn before you start talking. You don't know shit, you won't learn shit and well, that makes you a really sad little creature. 

That's fine...but little girl, you'd best just keep your ass on the porch because there ain't no way you can run with the big dogs here

Do you realize Lori is a hypocrite when she talks about how to treat your husband? She's admitted to sabotaging birth control (so she could stay home), she's admitted to hitting her husband and well, the way they talk about each other, there ain't no love there at all, and nothing worth emulating. If I treated my husband the way Lori treats Ken, I'd be divorced by now. If I acted the way Lori says a wife should act, I'd be divorced by now. 

So, go fuck yourself and go back to humping on Lori...your kind ain't welcome here...run along. 

If by big “dog” you mean big b*tch, you’re right, I don’t run with people like that. You must be the leader of the pack. Good luck with that.

“My kind”, is this what is allowed in here? Separations of “kind”? Such a lovely person you seem to be. 

You're damn skippy I don't give a shit. You need to learn a few things before you can run with the big dogs around here.,,the first lesson is read and learn before you start talking. You don't know shit, you won't learn shit and well, that makes you a really sad little creature. 

Likewise Sweetheart. Kick rocks Fido. 

6 minutes ago, dawbs said:

Nope, I just went through all of yesterday's posts.  Nothing from anyone with "fluffy" as part of their screenname, and nothing that appeared to be a screenshot of a private room.

We helpmeets are happy to try to protect privacy--Free Jinjer takes that seriously.  So please, if you are concerned about something posted inappropriately, please report it.
We don't always recognize the province of every piece of minutia from every corner of the interwebz.  THe webz are to big, the posts are to many.

So feel free to be upset at people sharing private info, but FJ as a whole is pretty damn protective of the private info of those friends of yours. 

There was something from lori with admin posted under it. That’s from the closed group. 

The thing with down votes: it's similar to Reddit, it's for those who step out of line, get irrational or pissy, or do something just flat out wrong. If there is disagreement with a concept then don't click anything at all. If you disagree, direct some conversation toward that person or thought. Once you know what you're working with, you can understand why the tone of the thread is what it is. 

If there are others besides Lori getting snarked, chances are there is a good reason. And, honestly, even if there isn't... it doesn't matter. Everyone has a right to say whatever they choose to say. No one is stealing identities or physically stalking anyone. Lori herself has been called out for having no right to speak on certain things by readers of her page. She loves to tell them she has a right to speak about whatever, whenever, and in any tone she wants. 

Life ain't wine & roses. I don't like the woman. I've never met her but I've had just enough interaction with her & her husband to know that I can't stand either of them. And I don't want dealings with anyone in cahoots with her. 

6 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

There was something from lori with admin posted under it. That’s from the closed group. 

I updated.
We eventually found it (it was father back than you had initially said).
It has been removed.
I also removed  your post quoting it, since that would be part of the point.

2 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

The thing with down votes: it's similar to Reddit, it's for those who step out of line, get irrational or pissy, or do something just flat out wrong. If there is disagreement with a concept then don't click anything at all. If you disagree, direct some conversation toward that person or thought. Once you know what you're working with, you can understand why the tone of the thread is what it is. 

If there are others besides Lori getting snarked, chances are there is a good reason. And, honestly, even if there isn't... it doesn't matter. Everyone has a right to say whatever they choose to say. No one is stealing identities or physically stalking anyone. Lori herself had been called out for having no right to speak on certain things by readers of her page. She loves to tell them she has a right to speak about whatever, whenever, and in any tone she wants. 

Life ain't wine & roses. I don't like the woman. I've never met her but I've had just enough interaction with get & her husband to know that I can't stand either of them. And I don't want dealings with anyone in cahoots with her. 

Aha! Thanks for the explanation. I keep getting don’t do it but wasn’t really sure why...my bad. 

Lori's super secret godly group is a shithole. And she isn't qualified to tell women how to treat their husbands since she treats hers like dirt. 

@feministxtian I've been a dog trainer/competitor for almost 20 years. Nothing better than smart alpha bitch. I would take that as a compliment. ;) 

I should have known this was a flame thread before I clicked... no way Lori ACTUALLY goes viral... Although, like many viruses, she's managed to stick around much longer than anticipated, and she may have spawned long lasting toxic reactions.

Anyone who advocates physical and emotional abuse is wrong. Lori is wrong. Lori-lovers are wrong. 

@Jessesgirl25 I just want to pipe in and say that the people here are good, caring people. We don't always agree, but can hold mature discussions.  I have had people not like some things I 've said, but we are able to move on.  

Just for some background: I'm a former Air Force wife turned SBC pastor's wife. I do agree with Lori on some things and even started off kinda liking her. I'm Ok with submitting to your husband  long as he is not being abusive. I think it's great if a mother can stay home, but I live in reality and know that not everyone is that fortunate (heck, even I'm not).  After about a month of reading her blog, I realized her delivery and her attitude sucks.

What everyone is saying here is true. Lori does not show the love of Christ. She did indeed delete a suicide hotline number. She gives sarcastic replies to people who are hurting. She even torments her own daughter, who is apparently suffering from infertility, by commenting that a baby would be better when she posted a pic of her dog. She flicked the cheeks of her nursing babies. She hit her infants who were under a year old with a !either strap. That was it for me, and I'm not one against swatting the behind of a misbehaving preschooler either.

She flaunts expensive purchases while one follower posted a pic of her nearly empty fridge with 4 days till pay day.  She gives dangerous medical advice even suggesting women continue to have babies  even after a doc has said it would be dangerous.  Lori is for TESTING God not TRUSTING Him.

I could go on, but I'm getting worked up and it's getting late.

Just to divert back to Lori for a moment... I was reading her posts about teaching your daughters the way of the Lord. And my first thought was " I wonder what kind of "truths" she was speaking to her daughters when she beat them hours on end? Or when Alyssa wears her crop tops and leggings or when she came out as being potentially infertile?" And then I teared up for all of her children and the other people who had awful things said to them in the name of "truth" by their parent. I know some of you here have experienced that and it's just awful. 

5 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

@Jessesgirl25 I just want to pipe in and say that the people here are good, caring people. We don't always agree, but can hold mature discussions.  I have had people not like some things I 've said, but we are able to move on.  

Just for some background: I'm a former Air Force wife turned SBC pastor's wife. I do agree with Lori on some things and even started off kinda liking her. I'm Ok with submitting to your husband  long as he is not being abusive. I think it's great if a mother can stay home, but I live in reality and know that not everyone is that fortunate (heck, even I'm not).  After about a month of reading her blog, I realized her delivery and her attitude sucks.

What everyone is saying here is true. Lori does not show the love of Christ. She did indeed delete a suicide hotline number. She gives sarcastic replies to people who are hurting. She even torments her own daughter, who is apparently suffering from infertility, by commenting that a baby would be better when she posted a pic of her dog. She flicked the cheeks of her nursing babies. She hit her infants who were under a year old with a !either strap. That was it for me, and I'm not one against swatting the behind of a misbehaving preschooler either.

She flaunts expensive purchases while one follower posted a pic of her nearly empty fridge with 4 days till pay day.  She gives dangerous medical advice even suggesting women continue to have babies  even after a doc has said it would be dangerous.  Lori is for TESTING God not TRUSTING Him.

I could go on, but I'm getting worked up and it's getting late.

I agree that some do respond kindly and do seem to care to which I have done the same back to them I feel. A lot of things you mentioned are from the Pearls, child stuff from the To Train Up A Child book and her other favorite, Created to be His Helpmeet. I know some here don’t like them either which completely makes sense. 

I understand where you are coming from. 

And thank you to you and your husband for your service by the way. 

21 minutes ago, EowynW said:

@feministxtian I've been a dog trainer/competitor for almost 20 years. Nothing better than smart alpha bitch. I would take that as a compliment. ;) 

Long ago, when Mr, Xtian and I first got married, his x-wife called me a bitch, thinking she'd be insulting me...I smiled and said "no honey, I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch and don't you fucking forget it". I own my PhD in Bitch. I've earned it, Seems to me someone better come up with a better insult. And, I AM the alpha bitch in my house. Hub knows it, kids know it, even the cats know it. The lil girl here thinking she's all that just sorta makes me laugh. 

Somewhere between a career in the engineering world and being a Navy wife...the take no shit attitude seems to take on a life of its own. 

2 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

Long ago, when Mr, Xtian and I first got married, his x-wife called me a bitch, thinking she'd be insulting me...I smiled and said "no honey, I'm not A bitch, I'm THE bitch and don't you fucking forget it". I own my PhD in Bitch. I've earned it, Seems to me someone better come up with a better insult. And, I AM the alpha bitch in my house. Hub knows it, kids know it, even the cats know it. The lil girl here thinking she's all that just sorta makes me laugh. 

Hey, if licking and sniffing a** is your thing, have at it sweetheart. 

1 minute ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Hey, if licking and sniffing a** is your thing, have at it sweetheart. 

I've had enough of your shit little girl...

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived