IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

24 minutes ago, Koala said:

First time I've participated in a nail polish thread drift.  

Here's my thing- my nails are very strong, and can grow long.  I don't like them long, because (for me) they feel weird/gross when they get long.  

I had acrylics when I was in my twenties, but I had them taken off when my babies were born. Now they are teenagers and I feel like I have time for pretty nails again.

So- Don't want them long/don't want acrylics.  Do short nails look good painted, or should I just leave them plain?  Also, what are some nail polishes (or tips for painting your nails in such a way) that don't chip right away?  

I keep my nails short- I just prefer them that way. If I paint them myself, I do Essie gel couture, the OPI version, or CND vinylux. I used to go to the salon for gel polish, but a few months ago I bought an LED lamp and the basic gel polishes from Amazon. I bought an OPI GEL color from overstock. If you take your time and use thin coats, it’s easily doable. 

And I think I know who our visitor is...

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Koala said:

Do short nails look good painted, or should I just leave them plain?  Also, what are some nail polishes (or tips for painting your nails in such a way) that don't chip right away?  

I keep my nails short because I don't like the shape of then past my fingertips.  Unfortunately I didn't inherit my mother perfect oval fingernails. Mine are sort of round-ish with a few squarish ones thrown in.

That said I do paint them --  all colors from clear natural pink to deep red, navy, dark green and black. Mostly they are red/ red coral/ tomato red/ fuchsia.  In summer I tend toward clear natural pink (just think it looks best in super hot weather).

I use OPI or Essie nail polish because it lasts without chipping or drying out my nails and they have a huuuuuge range of colors. I always use a base coat and a top coat.  The top coat that works for me is Sally Hansen's Big Shiny as it dries fast and seems harder than others I've tried. I use cuticle oil and moisturizing polish remover.

My tips are to make sure your nails are completely clean before you begin, let each coat dry completely before you apply the next, wipe excess polish from the brush and use short even strokes.

I'm on a computer at work all day and cook/do housework and can make a manicure last for a week,  If I get one at the nail salon it lasts even longer (I have no idea why).  I usually do my own nails and splurge on a mani at the salon about every 2 months.  They shape my nails better than I can, which allows me to just keep up what they have done. Pedi is always at the salon though, polish on the toenails 98% of the time (I'm with you SilverBeach -- Toenail Polish 4 evah).

So... TL;DR  yes short nails look good polished (Mr. Dress says so).  Just make sure they are well shaped and the cuticles are taken care of.

@Gemini sending you love, peace and strength. Hope the shitstorm quiets down for you.

@SuperNova I like light colors in the summer and darker in the winter. The pink I have now looks great with the tanned arms and hands (no, I don't sit in the sun, I get this color sitting in the shade!). We'll see how this length works with going back to work full time (hello computer). I'm not having any problems typing on my laptop so I think it's a decent length for me. I'd love to let them grow really long but I know from experience they're totally impractical in my line of work. 

I made red beans and rice for supper tonight. Younger Bonkers has an unhealthy obsession with red beans and rice. :confusion-shrug: But hey, I'm not dissipating my husband's substance by cooking filet mignon and langosteen with organic unicorn shank.

@Jessesgirl25, can I call you OfJesse? OfJesse, you overplayed your hand. You're full of bullshit and here's why:

Lori and I have gotten into a few conversations where I disagree. She even went to her other admins to see if she may be wrong at one time.

Lori would NEVER do such a thing. She's always right, don'tcha know. She's on the side of GAWD, and all of us are going to hell, because we disagree with her. Nevermind that a fair lot of us (me included) are professed Christians. Unless you side with Lori, you're going to hell.

24 minutes ago, cara said:

Does anyone have quotes or screenshots of Ken's comments in the 'viral' post? I can't see them

These are on the Blessing of Viral Posts but: 

Spoiler

This one: 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180624-173908.thumb.png.f6fc728da8da04d2cae74ac9f332af04.png

This was a comment he responded to: 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180624-173938.thumb.png.69a0ef3e6ad0ec694dc6012a768cdb2b.png

His response in two parts: 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180624-173953.thumb.png.4fe331fd9c605979da298dd68b2d12a2.png

Spoiler

Screenshot_20180624-173959.thumb.png.2522b428deb62527ffdd683218bdf258.png

That first spoiler box is blank. I don't know how to delete them on mobile. 

1 minute ago, TeddyBonkers said:

I made red beans and rice for supper tonight. Younger Bonkers has an unhealthy obsession with red beans and rice.

There's an unhealthy obsession with red beans and rice? Really? Younger Bonkers is a kid after my cold little heart. 

8 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

There's an unhealthy obsession with red beans and rice? Really? Younger Bonkers is a kid after my cold little heart. 

I made that with some kielbasa last Friday.  So. Freaking gooooood!!!!!

Do tell @Frog99.  Is it Lori herself?!  The plot thickens.

I'm about to serve roast chicken and all the (British) fixings but had I known I was a troll, I would have cooked goat..

1 minute ago, Beermeet said:

I made that with some kielbasa last Friday.  So. Freaking gooooood!!!!!

Do tell @Frog99.  Is it Lori herself?!  The plot thickens.

I put kielbasa in mine too! (And bacon) We need a lot of protein around here.

3 hours ago, TeddyBonkers said:

Let me try this again, computer's acting a little wonky.

@Jessesgirl25, perhaps you might stick to your Godly mentor, Lori Alexander. She would NEVER talk shit about someone she doesn't know!

Well, unless you're a teen girl at her sons' prom. 

Or a neighbor's daughter who makes clothing of which Lori doesn't approve.

Or Lori's own daughter, who's struggling with infertility. 

Yeah, but other than those EXCEPTIONS, Lori would NEVER talk shit about someone she doesn't know!

3 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

You make fun of anybody you can, not just Lori. Don’t try and justify being a jerk. Posts from women who have no idea you even exist are getting posted here and made fun of. Spare me your incessant dribble when all you really are is scared little hypocrite hiding with other scared little hypocrites. 

And suicide? No. Sorry to disappoint you. Wouldn’t give any of you the satisfaction. 

Drivel, honey, drivel. 

Only demon-possessed public school teachers who work with Lori dribble. (Maybe babies, too, sometimes).

Here in the Dress house we are having ribs, greens and macaroni salad.  The smell of baking ribs is driving the 2 of us mad (my homemade spicy, somewhat hot-ish & sweet sauce). The greens have been cooking low and slow and will be oh so tender and the macaroni salad will be full of veggies.

Oh and of course sweet tea. It's not dinner in the South without sweet tea.  Although I prefer to let people add their own sugar.

6 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Here in the Dress house we are having ribs, greens and macaroni salad.  The smell of baking ribs is driving the 2 of us mad (my homemade spicy, somewhat hot-ish & sweet sauce). The greens have been cooking low and slow and will be oh so tender and the macaroni salad will be full of veggies.

Oh and of course sweet tea. It's not dinner in the South without sweet tea.  Although I prefer to let people add their own sugar.

You're making me drool. We'll be having our typical summer dinner...I ain't cooking in this heat

2 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Ummm it’s a joke. Haven’t you seen the Karen memes? They’re pretty funny. What question did I dodge now?

I thought making fun of people was never okay? Isn't that what you said?

Personally, I'll make fun of abusers until my dying day. I will mock them mercilessly without a single twinge of conscience.

1 hour ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Enjoy your dinners. What do trolls eat by the way? Nevermind, don’t think I want to know. 

Tata. 

Sweet of you to ask. 

My 14-year-old BBQd -- first time alone. And it was absolutely FANTASTIC. 

He was so proud of himself, too. 

But with all due respect, I think you're a little confused about the definition of "troll":

Someone who posts inflammatory, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion

You, Ofjesse, are the troll here.

2 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Never said I wasn’t a fan. I agree with Lori on some stuff and others I don’t. 

That is a horrible excuse to try and back up sneaky behavior. Why not post it to that women on FB and question her honesty? Instead come here to post and ridicule and imply that she’s lying. Instead of offering support and help like this group here on this thread claims to do she and her family are put under scrutiny. Sick. 

How do you propose we do that? 

Many people here have been blocked from Lori's page because we objected to her dangerous teachings there first. If you silence people in one place, they'll find another way to speak out. You cannot control what other people think, believe or say. 

Lori doesn't want to hear opposing viewpoints, and she even less wants her readers to hear them.

You come here, guns blazing, with no idea of the history here. *Lori's history here. You are clearly naive and fairly ignorant -- but that's no excuse to act the way you have. It's no wonder you're getting the downvotes and more. You're no different than Lori. Neither one of you is willing to learn. 

11 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I have been tipped off as to who our new visitor is..

Tell, tell, put it in a spoiler.  I suspect Lindy, or maybe Ken, although "Jessegirl" didn't sound like either of them.

13 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I have been tipped off as to who our new visitor is...

*taps foot impatiently, swigs a bit of Plexus, and levels a narrow gaze on @feministxtian

Well?:COLERE:   :laughing-rolling:

2 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Tell, tell, put it in a spoiler.  I suspect Lindy, or maybe Ken, although "Jessegirl" didn't sound like either of them.

I sort of suspect Lindy, too. Or one of about two or three other die-hard leg-humpers over there.

5 hours ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Even KB Davies is getting annoyed. His latest comment is "yes Lori, we've noticed"

@Jessesgirl25 I see you are new here. Zero reputation. Welcome Lori fangirl!

I had to check who was downvoting on a couple of comments, I think she must be a fangirl.  Or something.  I don't really care if she downvotes anything I post. She does seem to be interested in pot-stirring or maybe she just wants to teach us to quit being so mean to Lori!

Y'all need to stop posting. I have to run errands and roast my ass off...so, y'all just need to stop until I get back!!!

Just now, feministxtian said:

Y'all need to stop posting. I have to run errands and roast my ass off...so, y'all just need to stop until I get back!!!

I've been wanting to say the same thing! I'm in the middle of about three different things right now, but nothing is getting done! :laughing-rolling:

I have no guess and unless it's Ken or Lori, I probably wouldn't even know who that is!  I know of the creepy guys that post on her page in comments.  They really freak me out.  Scary "men" right there.  I still want to know though just because.....LOL!  Heathen and all.

4 hours ago, EowynW said:

jessesgirl  is okay with defending a woman who says it's okay for husbands to hit their wives and yet she's going on the moral high road by calling us bullies. 

That is a very common tactic, they use it over and over.  We're bullies but they are perfect!  Or so they think.  It never really works, it just shows their true colors because I can't think of a word I like better tonight.

On 6/22/2018 at 6:55 PM, TeddyBonkers said:

To give you all a break from boobies, all 8 of my jars of jam sealed. Plus my neighbor gave me 6 lemons ( in exchange for a jar of jam), so when I go blueberry picking tomorrow- it is ON.

I do not understand why my post is quoting the inestimable TeddyBonkers, but I now have a burning desire to pick blueberries and make preserves out of them. I’m not even sure whether they’re ripe yet around here. I just need blueberry preserves in my life.

I have horribly thin, brittle nails which I keep short so they don’t get in my way when I type. I’ve been avoiding gel lately because removing it plays hell with them, so I’ve been using Sally Hansen two-step lamp-free polish. Being elderly and no longer giving an eff, I paint them whatever the heck color I want. Sometimes I bring my own polish to the nail salon (Korean and excellent—$35 for a standard mani-pedi in summer, $25 in winter) to make sure I get the color I want. The polish protects my nails. My most recent color harmonizes nicely with the turquoise and emerald streak in my hair and my teal eyeglass frames.

I am a pathetic single person who does not have the slightest morsel of food in the house and zero inclination to buy anything to cook (and it’s nearly 8 PM), so it’s off to the drive-thru!

4 minutes ago, Briefly said:

That is a very common tactic, they use it over and over.  We're bullies but they are perfect!  Or so they think.  It never really works, it just shows their true colors because I can't think of a word I like better tonight.

I'm thinking bitch is a great place to start...but I'm feeling cunt waffle might be more appropriate

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived