IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

This is Thomas Ackerman: http://www.holinessofthebride.com/about 

He also posted this: 

Hide contents

6163EC64-3B5B-4538-8198-1A613AEF9C5C.thumb.png.56aa0c66c45ce7dd8d46983929644a87.png

Uh...well, I only have to pay my taxes once a year and that's all the government really asks from me, so by his logic, she only has to give her husband sex once a year? No, dear, not sex season yet. We'll pick the first Saturday in March and get it over with for the year, okay? 

FYI, that's the weirdest logic I've ever heard to describe a relationship. Your husband is the government? No one gets charged with a crime for not having sex with their spouse. If you don't pay your taxes, you will and can be put in prison. It's not the same kind of relationship. The logic is lost out in left field somewhere.  

1 hour ago, EowynW said:

Good luck at your first day, @feministxtian

And thank you all so much for the kind words about my new job. I start tomorrow and am still terribly anxious about it. But I think I can do it. In my former life as a fundie SAHD, I was not pushed to get various jobs, prepare for interviews, and work in a variety of situations. So as stupid as this is, this kind of stuff is hard for me. Part of me would just hide in the house all day, knitting and gardening. But I get bored and depressed home all the time and I enjoy working to help my family. So it's a weird mix of emotions right now. But guys, I am so excited to be helping my family. If this job works out it means we can start slowly saving for a down payment and also afford a simple used car in the future. It means we can save to go camping sometimes. Or even a hotel trip somewhere. It means I can set back a little money for Mr. EW to work on building his telescope. We will still have to be careful but it means the edge is taken off and I am so grateful. 

You're going to do great! 

And, it's not stupid.  I am sitting here trying ot work up the courage to call my pulmonologists office to tell him that I can no longer handle the side effects of a med he's put me on.  A simple phone call and I can't make it.  So, no, you're having a hard time with starting a new venture is NOT stupid.  LIke I said, you are going to do great!  Best of luck!!

I think men like Thomas get off on that stuff. It's their strange kink and Lori's as well. They like their power trips and being in control. He probably just loves knowing he has that power over his wife, that she can't really say no. When I hear/read acceptance it usually means resignation. How he can even be turned on by a wife resigned to having sex is beyond me. Many of the men that comment seem to be divorced or in sexless marriages.... Gee I wonder why? 

Seriously it's like they can't fathom women being equal to them it's like ..."but, but what do you mean I don't need all the power and control in the world to be a fulfilled human being?!" 

Lori is just on an attention streak, all her most controversial posts in a span of a few days. She has her new viewers so now she needs to keep them there by feeding outrage. Not that the outrage isn't deserved because it is. Does she really think this will lead them to Christ or change their ways? A sharp increase in followers would be a perfect time to tell a heart felt testimony of transformation or share the gospel not continue to stir up wrath. But nope she cares very little about spreading the gospel. Actually has she ever shared the gospel on her page? I don't think I recall an actual instance of her sharing the gospel message. 

7 minutes ago, CelticGoddess said:

And, it's not stupid.  I am sitting here trying ot work up the courage to call my pulmonologists office to tell him that I can no longer handle the side effects of a med he's put me on.  A simple phone call and I can't make it.  So, no, you're having a hard time with starting a new venture is NOT stupid.  LIke I said, you are going to do great!  Best of luck!!

I’m not sure of your situation but could you have a family member or friend make the appt for you?   My husband makes almost all of my appointments since he has a work and social schedule which I do not

I know anxiety can make things really tough but you shouldn’t have to suffer taking meds that are doing more harm than good 

if you don’t have anyone that can help you, shoot me a message and I will call for you

14 minutes ago, CelticGoddess said:

Idk if it would help you but I often write down what I want to say before making a phone call or leaving a message. It helps me organize my thoughts since I tend to jumble my words a lot on a good day let alone when nervous. I hate phone calls and  doctors appointments because they're so anxiety inducing. You got this as well! 

Trying to respond on drive to dr appointment so typos and weird grammar ahead most likely. 

It just dawned on me reading Sarah’s post, I wonder if Lori’s mom is getting close to passing and little miss attention whore is having issues with the amount of time/attention being spent in her mom rather than her?

1 hour ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

Does it bother anyone else that she allows men to comment to women on her posts? Like, strange men?!? Always told to go to your husbands or a pastor but strange men on the internet are an exception. That Thomas...gah! 

YUP. It's like she never watched that show with Chris "why don't you take a seat over there" Hansen. There are a lot of creepy peeps on the Internet (not here at FJ, obvs).

6 minutes ago, Curious said:

I’m not sure of your situation but could you have a family member or friend make the appt for you?   My husband makes almost all of my appointments since he has a work and social schedule which I do not

I know anxiety can make things really tough but you shouldn’t have to suffer taking meds that are doing more harm than good 

if you don’t have anyone that can help you, shoot me a message and I will call for you

I wish I could have someone call for me but this one I have to do for myself.  I have to speak with the nurse first, to explain what is going on.  It's funny because this is the first time I've thought about going off the med permanantly.  I never thought of it as an option until my GP told me that I have a choice.  I think a lot of it has to do with the fact that this is a life saving drug (Nucala for severe asthma)  There are other options for me though, so I just need to do this.  :)

Thank you for your support! 

32 minutes ago, polecat said:

"If she's sick or very tired, I often let it wait, but I can certainly insist if I want and she will accept it."

He *often* lets it wait ... often. But not always. He can always insist, and she'll "accept" it.

That honestly broke my heart. I simply can’t imagine treating another human- animal- whatever that way. 

6 minutes ago, Curious said:

Trying to respond on drive to dr appointment so typos and weird grammar ahead most likely. 

It just dawned on me reading Sarah’s post, I wonder if Lori’s mom is getting close to passing and little miss attention whore is having issues with the amount of time/attention being spent in her mom rather than her?

I find that incredibly sad.  But not surprising.  I am a hospice nurse so have run into family members like this.  They want all attention focused on them and will go into hysterics to keep the attention focused on them.  I could see Lori doing that.  Sometimes, it's more important for the focus to be on someone else!

11 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Idk if it would help you but I often write down what I want to say before making a phone call or leaving a message. It helps me organize my thoughts since I tend to jumble my words a lot on a good day let alone when nervous. I hate phone calls and  doctors appointments because they're so anxiety inducing. You got this as well! 

I do that, I also use my husband as a sounding board but he's at work right now.  :)  I know that I will eventually make the call (today or tomorrow) but it's just getting to that point.  

It's crazy but when I make phone calls for my patients (or about my patients) I don't have this problem.  It's only when it's about me that i have problems.  I'm just a bit different!

Oh, yea.  Another raging narcissist with a God complex.  NEXT!!!!

27 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

But nope she cares very little about spreading the gospel. Actually has she ever shared the gospel on her page? I don't think I recall an actual instance of her sharing the gospel message. 

She has actively deleted comments that were nothing but scripture, and has shown repeatedly that she cannot recognize the Bible when it is quoted to her unless the chapter and verse are included. I know Wiccans who are more Christian and know the Bible better than Lori.

I'd love to see Steve Maxwell get ahold of Lori, because despite her constant assurances that she is following "God's Ways", I really doubt she knows where she will go when she dies.

29 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I think men like Thomas get off on that stuff. It's their strange kink and Lori's as well. They like their power trips and being in control. He probably just loves knowing he has that power over his wife, that she can't really say no. When I hear/read acceptance it usually means resignation. How he can even be turned on by a wife resigned to having sex is beyond me. Many of the men that comment seem to be divorced or in sexless marriages.... Gee I wonder why? 

Seriously it's like they can't fathom women being equal to them it's like ..."but, but what do you mean I don't need all the power and control in the world to be a fulfilled human being?!"

I always wonder what they are trying to prove as well....does he need to feel like he's more of a man because he can have sex whenever he wants? A real man is interested in a partner's satisfaction as well. It doesn't make you more manly to demand sex whenever despite your partner's needs or wants, it just makes you an asshole.

24 minutes ago, Curious said:

Oh goodness, I hope not. I don't like Lori but I also don't wish that grief on her family. Given that her family doesn't really comment on her blog I hope they aren't being disrupted by her posting if that is happening. I also pray that Lori takes a few days off if something were to happen. She'll need to focus on being present with her family rather than being distracted. Regardless, I hope her mom is comfortable and enjoying her time on this earth. 

4 minutes ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

I always wonder what they are trying to prove as well....does he need to feel like he's more of a man because he can have sex whenever he wants? A real man is interested in a partner's satisfaction as well. It doesn't make you more manly to demand sex whenever despite your partner's needs or wants, it just makes you an asshole.

Its kinda like they've never been introduced to their own hand and some lube. 

@Jessesgirl25  Hope you keep coming back so we can get to know you better.  Fj really is a great group of compassionate and intelligent people and I think you could fit right in.  You may learn a lot and I look forward to learning from you.  Best wishes for you.

1 minute ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

@Jessesgirl25  Hope you keep coming back so we can get to know you better.  Fj really is a great group of compassionate and intelligent people and I think you could fit right in.  You may learn a lot and I look forward to learning from you.  Best wishes for you.

Thank you, I appreciate that!!  Same to you as well! 

42 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I've been sick for two weeks. A sinus infection was complicated by urgent care giving me a shot of medication I should not have. And now I am loaded up on antihistamines to both combat the side effects of that and to help me be able to take an antibiotic for the original infection without an allergic reaction (it's complicated--changing antibiotics is not an option). Off and on I have itching, burning skin, headache, water retention, muscle aches...everything but sinus pain which I think I would prefer at this point.

Mr. 05 commented the other night that he wishes I would get better soon as it's been awhile in that department because of all of this. It would absolutely never occur to him to demand sex in any situation and not at all when I'm struggling with these health issues. And the side effects from the shot could continue for another week or two. We will both cope. Because marriage is not about one person having power over the other. It is about loving and caring for each other. He has taken up a lot of my slack around here for two weeks, too (including watering and weeding the garden that I promised him I would take care of completely). Because that's what it is about. Lori has no clue which is why her marriage and her life is so sad. 

Hey @squiddysquid, instead of systematically going through every one of my posts and downvoting can you just consolidate it into one big “screw you” post? The notifications are crazy and I’m trying not to miss the relevant posts in the thread. 

Edit: Nevermind, I think I fixed it myself. Downvote away! 

I have to admit that I have been wondering if Lori's actions for attention are because she is going to be losing her mom, and the (possibly) one source of nearly-unconditional love in her world.  She seems to be trying to fill that void with an ever increasing amount of attention (which most of us would associate with how a child deals with emotional need).

@Sarah92 - I have looked for Lori sharing the gospel, but have not seen it.  I even engaged with Ken outside this forum and specifically asked about it, but did not receive a reply.  I've come to believe that Lori advocates a works-based paradigm, and therefore, is functionally an enemy of the gospel.

Lori seems to have defined 99% of the spiritual life in Christ as "beyond the scope of teaching wives to submit to their husbands and have on-demand sex", and therefore, outside the bounds of appropriate for Christian women  I mean, her one standard evaluative criteria of Bible teaching is whether or not women's ministries are ALWAYS focused on teaching this, and only this.  Because, God forbid, women have Bible studies which offer a spiritual life to unmarried women, or women without children, or women who have a broader view of life than just staying at home, or even women who simply want to discuss what the rest of the Bible means to women who would follow Jesus.  I think this is the very reason she is not allowed to teach at church.

59 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

That honestly broke my heart. I simply can’t imagine treating another human- animal- whatever that way. 

Me neither.  I read some of his website.  Wow. He's trying to make himself a lil' cult even.  Lori should not allow this man on her page but she does because they agree with each other.  So disturbing.  Now I'm all upset thinking of his wife, who is treated like a sex toy and her husband lost his job due to his crazy website and they have kids huh?  I fail to see God in any of that.  Grrrrrr.

6 minutes ago, AuntKrazy said:

I have to admit that I have been wondering if Lori's actions for attention are because she is going to be losing her mom, and the (possibly) one source of nearly-unconditional love in her world.  She seems to be trying to fill that void with an ever increasing amount of attention (which most of us would associate with how a child deals with emotional need).

@Sarah92 - I have looked for Lori sharing the gospel, but have not seen it.  I even engaged with Ken outside this forum and specifically asked about it, but did not receive a reply.  I've come to believe that Lori advocates a works-based paradigm, and therefore, is functionally an enemy of the gospel.

Lori seems to have defined 99% of the spiritual life in Christ as "beyond the scope of teaching wives to submit to their husbands and have on-demand sex", and therefore, outside the bounds of appropriate for Christian women  I mean, her one standard evaluative criteria of Bible teaching is whether or not women's ministries are ALWAYS focused on teaching this, and only this.  Because, God forbid, women have Bible studies which offer a spiritual life to unmarried women, or women without children, or women who have a broader view of life than just staying at home, or even women who simply want to discuss what the rest of the Bible means to women who would follow Jesus.  I think this is the very reason she is not allowed to teach at church.

This is a solid point. I have wondered myself if she ever does take into consideration that aside from her Titus 2 role that she also to be a witness for Christ outside of the marriage part, older/younger women part. 

10 minutes ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

This is a solid point. I have wondered myself if she ever does take into consideration that aside from her Titus 2 role that she also to be a witness for Christ outside of the marriage part, older/younger women part. 

No she hasn't because it isn't about the love of God to her. It's about her own prideful self and a harsh God of her own imagination. 

5 minutes ago, EowynW said:

No she hasn't because it isn't about the love of God to her. It's about her own prideful self and a harsh God of her own imagination. 

I don’t know much about her childhood but I wonder if behind the scenes there wasn’t some kind of “women are bad” attitudes going around. We’re all molded by experiences and words over a lifetime and maybe it has been so beat into her that women are repugnant creatures who need to be reformed she has gone off the deep end with it. As far as I have seen she hasn’t dared challenged any men commenters like she does the women. She has very flippant responses to women and sometimes weird and too kind feeling responses for men, in my further inspection so far. 

1 hour ago, Don'tlikekoolaid said:

@Jessesgirl25, you may believe this, you may not, but I completely agree with this comment.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived