IGNORED

Lori Alexander 49: Immodest, Indiscreet, and Downright Inappropriate

Curious
Message added by Curious

Hi Folks,

New member @Jessesgirl25 got off to a bit of a rough start here, but things have settled down so if you are reading the beginning of her posts please read the rest of the thread before deciding to respond.   I know people will be catching up for a couple days and I am as guilty as anyone of replying as you read (which I did tonight and should know better than to do by now), but if you could try to keep in mind there was some miscommunication and not fully understanding forum etiquette at the beginning and hold your responses until you are caught up that should save us more fighting that is probably unnecessary.

Thanks,
~C

• Replies 614
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

Yeah, its a good questions. It sets the tone that her chat room is the group for her elite followers. The VIPs who get special treatment. The general masses don't need prayer requests. This is how Lori comes across as snobby. 

Another person for you to check out is peacefulwife.com (April Cassidy). She is sweet. Says the same message as Lori but no one here has issues with her because of the mature, empathetic way she handles things. 

Thank you! I’ll check into her also. 

2 minutes ago, AlwaysDiscerning said:

@Koala "my" 7th grandbaby. Not "our", but "my". Very telling. My reward, my prize. 

You are so right.  It's like another thing that Lori has acquired.  Then she glosses right over the baby, and gushes on herself, and what she cooked.  It's mind-blowing.  

I guess this was Emily and Steven's baby?  The other dil isn't that far along, right??

12 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

@Jessesgirl25, it's hard to shed old mindsets sometimes; I get it.  It comes from religion, which is SO opposite of the love of God it is ridiculous.  I am actually ashamed that I spent so much time in the past agreeing with much of what is taught in ALCR and on the blog; it HURTS women!  It actually has the potential to mean life and death to wives, women and children (and even husbands and men, for that matter.)  It is laden with RELIGION and religious mindsets that do not align with the full gospel of Jesus Christ.    It is a huge step in the right direction for you to step out of that chat room, in my opinion.  Kudos to you, regardless of the motivation behind your choice.  You will see much more clearly being out of there, I believe.

I agree, it is hard. And thank you. 

26 minutes ago, ladyicantxplain said:

I second Leslie Vernick.  When I was first toying around with coming out of Comp'ism, I found her but quickly dismissed her out of fear that God was going to "squash" me for listening to a woman teach.  (Never mind that I had been listening to Lori "teach" for several years by this point).  Also highly recommend Rebecca Davis' blog. Heres the joy, I think it's called?  Someone will have to help me.

A big welcome to @Jessesgirl25

@Koala

deathebed salad and birth bread.

You just made me laugh SO hard.

Thanks.  Been gone for a couple weeks.

Thank you. I’m going to have to write all these down so I don’t lose track. Love the helpfulness from everyone though. 

14 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

However, if one looks into it technically doing something in God's name that is wrong would fall under this (a.k.a those who commit abuse in God's name i.e. Lori).

Everything Lori Alexander does in God's name is wrong.   Jesus said the two great commandments sum up the entire law, and I'm good with that. My ex didn't curse at all but was a sociopath that considered himself Christian. I don't curse around children or when it just doesn't seem appropriate, but there are times that nothing but a gold ol' profane word or two will do. I also use curse euphemisms sometimes, like oh fiddlesticks. Sometimes, LOL. Lots of fuck on FJ because folks like Lori piss me off so badly. Them and the orange menance. Gah.

Yep.  It's Emily.  Erin isn't due until Nov.  Which means Lori is in New York.  :pb_rollseyes: 

Emily had her mother last time.  Why, oh why would she let Lori anywhere near her precious baby?!  Lori hits babies!  She's admitted it!

Omg, wtf is wrong with these people?  Lori is a monster, and there is no way she would get within a 100 miles of any child of mine.  I would literally NEVER let her see those babies.

3 hours ago, Jessesgirl25 said:

It definitely feels that way at times. I often wonder though if it’s not starting to get to him and he gets curious but then wants people to back up his disbelief in order to confirm to himself that none of it is real? If we’re around other believers it’s not brought up, friends who don’t believe, he will bring it up. I am solid when it comes to my stance and don’t back down when questioned so I think that frustrates him even more. I don’t know if he thinks a group telling me I’m wrong will change me or what. 

If there is something I don’t know, I tell him I don’t know.  

Other than those rare occasions, we’re fine. Happy day to day, dealing with kids and life. I hope no one gets the impression that he’s a jerk, it’s just one of those things that sometimes marriages have that are a bit more sensitive. 

I totally get it.  Not due to religion but other *stuff*.  My husband thought he was being funny or whatever, not trying to be a jerk but he was. I learned to tell him privately,  choose my words carefully to be clear why his words or actions hurt me.  He'll get it and apologize and stop.  Over the years, it happens.  I've said or done things that weren't cool too.  He followed my lead and would tell me instead of being pissy.  Communication is key!  Also knowing when to have this chat!  Never straight after work or before/after sex or like he has the flu.  Timing!  Sounds like you have a good marriage with the inevitable tweeking as you both go through life together.  

Someone asked why women don't go walking around without a top on if breasts aren't sexual. One: many women do, you just have a white-americancentric view of things. 

Two: chance are those women would be severely harassed in America because people do sexualize them. For goodness sake people don't believe rape can happen in a marriage and blame women for not having enough clothes on as is. Why would I trust these people to not bother me because they have no self control or decency? 

Also looked up breast feeding in the Bible and counted roughly 27 mentions most of which are in a very positive light. For people that are supposed to find it immodest they certainly mention is quite often. 

If Lori is in NY that explains why she said she would delete the troll comments in a few weeks. I think they orchestrated her stage viral post to time with her trip for some reason...still thinking on it. 

Why the hell can't she just say, I am taking a few weeks off to help my DIL and new grandbaby. I will post again when I return, but Nope...she is convinced the world would die without her. 

A22F4C5F-836C-418E-BEFE-8E65A5A24F14.thumb.png.d668cdefd44da9ae1ecb9d4d8e5d0d44.pngwell Lori what do you believe? Do you believe that it’s okay to have servants as long as you manage them managing your house? That’s what most women in the Bible did. Do you believe that it’s okay to spend all of your money on yourself and not give anything to the poor? What does all of this truest say about you? That you are a selfish person who preaches one thing but does another. Lori you must be a very bad wife because you are not a good housekeeper. A good housekeeper knows how to do with what she has not sabatage it so your rich husband can buy you new ones. 

@Koala Lori posted her einkorn bread on Insta again. What is the total count for bread posts? She also makes sure to tell us she cooked french toast for everyone and they loved it, just like they loved her chicken last night. See? Lori cooks food. 

I've decided I need a break from cooking tonight so we're getting takeout. 

3 hours ago, Emilycharlotte said:

I DO think it is practical advice for when you are a Christian married to a non-Christian: don't sow discord in your marriage by preaching at a spouse who doesn't want to hear it. Focus on your own spiritual journey, pray for your spouse, and then leave it up to God.

Not just marriage, but I don't believe in preaching at anybody. I focus on my spiritual journey, pray forothers, and let God be God.

6 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

Everything Lori Alexander does in God's name is wrong.   Jesus said the two great commandments sum up the entire law, and I'm good with that. My ex didn't curse at all but was a sociopath that considered himself Christian. I don't curse around children or when it just doesn't seem appropriate, but there are times that nothing but a gold ol' profane word or two will do. I also use curse euphemisms sometimes, like oh fiddlesticks. Sometimes, LOL. Lots of fuck on FJ because folks like Lori piss me off so badly. Them and the orange menance. Gah.

Before my cursing days it was freaking fudge muffins. But more often than not now I read something that cheetolini or Lori say and  let loose a good "what the fuck is this? Where do they come up with this shit?" And then grumble about improper use of the Bible or a "that's not how any of this works". 

Of course reading some of the posts on here of people retelling their abuse has me crying and cursing. I'm glad y'all have escaped the sociopaths but it hurts my heart that there are so many lasting effects. I just can't understand doing that to an individual and thinking it's okay. It's one of the reasons I came away from the idea of spanking. I was raised to believe it was okay and rarely got one as a kid because I've always just been chill and laid back. So my thought process was its a last resort for serious disobedience. But nope not anymore if I wouldn't hit a spouse for not listening why would I hit a kid?  

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived